Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

episodes 273 -276

disjointed for some reason and utterly flat episodes. no peaks, no troughs, a bland plain where some supposedly interesting angles were introduced but somehow failed to capture interest. though, yes, that khushi getting ready to play the game her way and engage shyam using his weakness, herself, might have, just might have, been terrifically exciting, but again, something was dull... and really if this is the bid, you either go all the way, or not at all.  I agree.. giving him a taste of his medicine was a good enough idea.. also it reminds me of Krishna in mahabharatta and his ashwathama mar gaya plot.. to destroy evil its okay to stop being a saint.

my take is that at least. the need to constantly show how concerned khushi was about her having to be near shyam, to establish to the viewer that she is such an achchi ladki, i feel weakened the character. at least in the execution of her worry and revulsion. 

if we are to say, she is warrior like now, eye only on her aim... of course, this is focussed on in many ways in our epics and somewhere we understand its implications... then khushi ought to be almost ruthless in this pursuit... and if for any reason i want to see khushi trying to grapple with this decision, completely repulsed by the cretin she must befriend and his horrific touch, then it must be her own way... with the requisite sanka.. sorry, that is how i see her character... her switch to jalebi, to talking silly, gives her a break... from this really difficult world... so suddenly to make her mundane and mopey... nahiiin. i protest. i like the words you use..mundane.. mopey.. I would imagine if she has to be sad it would be dramatic tragic.. like her dream in white.. or dramaqueen like.. that lovely line.. I should have hit Arnavji on the head instead.. a loss of control with a whimsical air.. him not around sure she is hollow inside.. but that could have been portrayed to touch us and not alienate the viewer..

when a perfect stranger whom she had never set eyes on before, incarcerated her, interrogated her, was vicious in his words and completely egregious in action ripping her dori... almost an assault on her sexually at one level, and thanks to which her sister's marriage didn't go through, she got up in the middle of the night and fried jalebi.

we did not think that was weird... we thought this was this girl... khushi staretd taking shape in our heads. and no, she had no reason to believe he was actually a decent guy, just the opposite. there was a poignancy in her action... funny it may seem but we knew how broken she is, how rotten she felt, and somewhere that man's unbelievable assault was ringing in her. but we saw a fighter too.

i missed that girl in this so called great plot development.

still writing about a show more than 20 months after it's over. i'm nuts.

episode 273
khushi ponders whether shyam might be the culprit. lovely scene of her pacing and wondering, hair flying around, given to the moment. she finds out his blood group is o negative, but i wonder can one really give a q-tip soaked in blood and determine blod type. if one can, no problem, but if one can't... why this silliness? I was just happy for Indu who has some theory that was proved when ASR had o negative blood.. 

she took care of her sister in law, sounding stern. anjali told us how this reminded her of chhotey. then that comparison between her husband and brother, both being so similar in matters concerning her health.

i always found that mirroring of shyam and asr interesting. both were self made, both individualistic, sharp, men who wanted to lead their lives their own way... yet they were absolute opposites essentially. really?? I need to drink this in.. I might vehemently disagree but there is one scene early when both sat at the breakfast table and got reminded of the same girl at the mention of Lucknow I think..

she finally accepted it must be shyam... and then did a fairly impetuous thing. i am not sure that was like her. of course, it was the most obvious way to show nk finding out about the kidnap. decently done scene, though a tad obvious. it might have been, atleast for the impulsive girl we met..

i like nk's character... his straightforwardness has power in it and speaks again of a personality... this character can evolve in lovely ways i used to think, wonder what he'd be like in love... real heartbreak type love.  but he didn't evolve at all.. I know everyone here is a fan of him.. I like him too.. but he did stagnate.. 

he asks if indeed what she says is the truth. i liked the natural dialogues and that energetic nanhe ji thing, the innocence. akshay dogra has said later i think he was a bit upset that karan g was brought in to be khushi's friend in the search for asr. i have to say, i agree with the writers in seeing a better match between kkg and nanhe ji. also that sliiight touch of a man woman thing, given that once nk wanted to go with her on a tareekh adds to this whole thing, plus nk always felt more alive and fun and somehow strong as compared to akash. again my take. I liked Aakash a lot.. maybe am the only person who liked him more than NK.. their was a simple caring air about him.. and he also had a sense of humour.. and was determined enough to marry the girl he wants.. ofcourse we lost all that.. but I liked Akashji .. who dropped Khushiji home.. was perceptive about his brother.. endured teasing by di.. endearingly uncomplicatedly fell hopelessly in love.. he didn't have to mess up hindi words to make me laugh.. with him and ASR on screen there was a subtle humor

episode 274

at last nk accepts jeeju dear really is the baddie.

"baat arnavji ki hai nanhe ji... hum usse..." it's about arnsv ji, khsuhi lets slip her feelings for her husband before her friend. I noticed this too.. and I thought NK sort of caught on..

nk will of course be like krishna, the friend of draupadi in her hour of trouble. he will protect her when her character is questined. he will stand by her no matter what... and he will say his piece fearlessly... completely above soap shenanigans of slow motion and exra close ups and stuff... nk is the ultimate normal guy. unheard of in indian soap i think. which is why i have always found him rare. and karan g a pretty neat actor.

of course, he has to say,
"filler mat kijiye!"  in stead of "fikar mat kijiye!" nice touch there... this was yet another filler episode and some writer just had to crack a joke.

there raksha puja the next day... for suraksha, safety, and of course it's in asr's name... and of course, if you have to spy around in the enemy's room the only way this can be achieved if you are in ipk is that a havan has to be on at that moment for you to be able to sneak away. haha good observation

how many times have we seen a havan as a means of establishing something that has nothing to do with the havan? tiring.

and what was that "spying" scene of the detective jodi peering into the room at the door? so no one could see them?

anjali looked so happy and full of hope for her baby, which unethical absolutely useless writer/producer/whoever decided the child had to die? for the longest time i had hoped, ipk would do a soap on me and bring the baby back later. some ridiculous tale of how a nurse took the eight month old child, or even shyam had the child kept alive to use later or whatever. i'd have bought any story. alas. you really thought so?

suddenly an attempt at humour with "hp wahan guzar gaya..." hp has died there instead of "tapak gaya."

the most exaggerated and unreal search for the key to shyam's attache case. a filler in the middle of the week, it was 13 june, wednesday. i must have been irritated that i stayed up till midnight to watch this.

episode 275

a lot of sk travels talk and a boarding pass and passport are found in shyam's 1970s style brief case.

mami was refreshingly weird, and to ward off kidanapprers' black magic, suggested wearing nimboo mirchi instead of earrings. i giggled at the senseless nonsense, it was better than things that seemingly made sense.

in order to stop shyam from going to his room and discovering nk, khushi grabs and holds shyam's hand...huh?

the look on shyam's face, ugh.

she comes to get 2 lakh rupees from di, shyam intrigued... the trap shyam game starts. i am giggling at teh doh lakh, what atycoon would casually spend on a bag, one which hasn't even seen. so cute.

episode 276

entrapment is on.

khsuhi will ensnare shyam and make hi believe she hates asr. there was certain energy to the episode, sanya was good, shyam overacted.

"sach sunna hai na... toh suniya... kyunki humein sab kuch chahiye, unka paisa, unki ghar, unka business, sab kuch..." she wants everything and that is the truth.

"ek ek tukda!" she wants

"kyun..." why? gobsmacked is our shyam at this new khushi ji.

khushi says she hates both the men.. him and asr. she seeks revenge.

thankfully shyam took a while to swallow this hindi movie story.

suddenly shyam is slapping people in a godown.. and the man is there.

i sat up and stared. felt like i was in tune with this alien show again.

someone kicks a box away.. man in white vest, black track pants. it is thursday...

he prowls... uff.

quick hands try to fix a phone... a worry, something sad about him... he needs to be home..

first word... "khushi..."

the phone rings, she picks it up and starts to say hello, but then she stops... she senses it is him.

a wrap of wind around the two lovers. that mehsoos of each other. an endless moment of just knowing you are there.

the hair flies. he stops too, a little intimate pause in a life overlaid with too much reality.

hey hey, hey hey hey, their song is playing. all the signs that say asr khushi love are here and on a day she has decided to trap shyam using herself. interesting.. i wonder now.. must have been difficult for Khushi to take these decisions when she could not really discuss her idea with the who thought she was having an affair with that very man..

she holds the phone in both hands, as if she holds him, as if she clings to a reality she so badly needs instead of this nightmare they are in.

he is almost sobbing... their is such pain in his expression, as though he is beside himself with an emotion. just a few minutes ago he was dejected, angry, then frantically working to amke a phone work... and then his first call, not to anyone else... just khushi. such agony on his face..

in the darkness as if he finally saw the purest beam of light and knew once and for all what it was that mattered that he did give a damn about.

i miss the magnificent man in suit and utter command who had found her in the dark one night before rakhi and yelled and screamed and thrown her out of his home. even then he had felt things he couldn't control and worse still, couldn't identify, even now. only now, he doesn't even wish to control it and he has finally identified it.

i love the simplicity of this man once he has given himself to this love.

he starts, "khu..." she too says, "arnav ji!" their words touch and enmesh.

suddenly she is practical... where are you?

she wants to tell him who is behind all this.

but khushi stop stop! please. what eh wants to say must be said first.
"nahin pehle mujhe baat karni hai... jo maine kehna hai woh aur bhi zaroori hai..." he apologises for hurting her...

i think, yes, thsi is the first time they are meeting after the night in te hut... even if on the pphone. so that is why he was close to tears, he has hurt her.

it was only barun's heartfelt emotion which made the scene work for me, because i really did not understand the hit on te head bit... the asr i know would never do that. to hit soemone on the head can have the most horrendous repercussions...

"you know i will never be able to forgive myself..." he avers. i felt sorry for the man. really.

in the meantime, we realise, this is a trap laid by shyam... the cat and mouse game. he wants to know if khsuhi will tell himabout the call. some truly bad direction and terriuble over acting by shyam. i wish they had kept him subtle and nuanced. so wish they had.

there's talk of the sounds asr hears and khsuhi can too over the phone.. train, bells of a temple. why am i thinking ofyaadon ki baraat?

she tells her husband everything but he hears nothing. a little predictable this bit, but something quite stunning in the sudden pull out on asr's face in half shadow. that look in his eyes. how barun understands his character in a situation. laudable really.

276 was more bearable than the rest Indi di.. I think you felt the same.. Enjoyed talking to you above and reading your thoughts.. So many possibilities all wasted.. Khushi's character lost spark and failed to connect with me at all. I don't know what would have felt right.. too sad and like you said it was mopey.. not too sad and it felt detached.. so what i do know was it felt all wrong..

Liked the edits.. 

The phone call also had something not quite right.. ugh.. sorry for being hopelessly inarticulate.. there was a lovely fleeting moment there.. but I still missed something..
Edited by aarwen - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
rhea,

thanks for reading 273-276, it was so full of proofing errors and suddenly the line from my siggie plastered in the middle... i was so careless. sorry.

the episodes were not good.

not even the phonecall felt satisfying. something badly missing there. the premise itself a bit silly about that head hit. writing just was all over the place... no soul.

i agree akash as we saw him first had a lot of possibilities... but by now we have no idea who he is. nk is nice but yes there was no movement in the character... he started a sweet scrubbed face boy and ended exactly the same way...

there was just no real thought being given to anything... why only akash... akash and payal might have teamed up.

actually i was just chatting with sohara, maybe we would have had a stronger story if khushi were kidnapped and asr went frantic... in london.. then rushing back...finding her.. taking on shyam... the story would have had meaning maybe. here no one knows why the kidnap at all.

ha ha... yes that breakfast scene with asr and snake, at another place in the early days, both saying they believe in leading their own lives their own way... little things... even in 277, she does two palats, one before shyam the other in asr's dream... i often found mirroring.
does that mean asr is in any way like shyam? not at ll... just a writing device, interesting at times...
Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

DISCLAIMER:DON'T COPY MY WORKS AND CONCEPTS WITHOUT GIVING ME CREDIT 

YOU HAVE SEEN MY HUMBLE SIDE. TRUST ME YOU WON'T LIKE THE OTHER...

Arshi's Index  

Episode 265

~Soul Companion~

Life is to be embraced fully in how we live it. In this we seek to discover companions who embrace life with us in a deep and harmonious manner. This desire to find our soul mate often blinds us to not to see how to balance the real relationship from the ideal one...The sense of feeling each other at different level among Arnav and Khushi made them true companions, two star crossed soul mates who can feel each other's presence among barriers. This connection has always been there, almost since the beginning. even when there was just hate between them. In fact , their relationship had started with hate, so much hate that it created a bond between them. The hate kept growing and one day "Nafrat bhi sharma jaati hain or sirf ek bandhan rah jaata hain".[The hate is ashamed of Love ]...But that bond was so strong that it keep pulling them towards each other. Their labyrinthine love connects them through an infinite string of dreams, hopes, passion, desire, needs, longing, comfort, safety, and love.

beautifully written and yes that hate was as much a part of love as the pyaar was.

Was it attraction?..., was it destiny or just a subconscious recognition that the other person is your soul mate? Destiny got them together, hate created a division between them but love kept them together. Nafrat pass aane na de, mohabbat door jaaane na de...but today it was only love, pure love acknowledged to oneself and declared to the other that was between them. It was only love that was existing between them which finally brought them together.

Pause Here:Scorpion is a symbol of control, decisiveness , sex and short term passion and that's why Scorpions share very short term relation with their mate and prefer to be alone

very very interesting.

Khushi , who she was bereft for Arnav & clue about his well being., fnally finds the man having the  Scorpion Tattoo on his hand  in LakshmiNagar, near her home ... She zealously yet impatiently follows him  to reach to her Arnavji and gets caught by getting smacked on her head really hard...She  carried to the hide out where Arnav is kept .She was lying down unconscious right next to the cell where Arnav was sitting  collapsed in his ways out...

She wakes up in the dark basement with fuzziness & unclearness about her whereabouts  where Arnav,  behind the wall is suffering also, he is sad, tired, unsure about his situation with low hopes, confused mind , yet thinking on unfortunate situation he is in while sitting by the wall like a lost lone soldier and so does she on the other side. A gust of wind makes her halt in her path and  she immediately senses  the presence of Arnav  while on the other side Arnav also senses the aroma of Khushi ...Both gets startled and jolted in the desperation to know whether they are hallucinating or feeling for real. ...Both look around for confirming their finding...The expressions and the actions for portraying these feelings were done marvelously by Barun and Sanaya .

"I've been fighting to be who I am all my life. What's the point of being who I am, if I can't have the person who was worth all the fighting for?" 
 SD LennoxI Don't Remember You

He feels her in the air he breathes which is tingling with his essence. His heartbeat picks up her beat and then he places his hand on the wall, she too keeps her hand on that very same spot...hey hey snuggles in between them.. Loved the hands placement here as if the magnets are pulling each other . lovely

The precious moments of their innocent bond flashes across, reminding them that love is pure, it is not selfish, it doesn't harbor jealousy and is not vain. First Rabba Ve when The door of his heart opened vehemently seeing stunning beauty by losing the first cluster of a seas shell  for the wind chime which she collected in her embrace...The moments of care, that brought them together with colors of their unshackled desires during Rangoli which led him to touch her , to embrace her with Payal ...but in between these memories She feels hope that he will find her and embrace her in his protective shell as he did in Nainital and in hospital and will kiss away all of her worries with his Love that way she felt during Diwali... all delicately woven to create a beautiful tapestry of their winding, rocky, breath-taking, yet infinite journey of love so far in these clusters of Wind chime which was rocking in between them right now as always.

Pause here: Loved CV for keeping their characters intact...He was quiet and she was thinking loud...

"Humain aisa kyuon lag raha hai keh Arnavji yahin kahin hain..."A Revivified thought that their respective partners might be on the other side of the wall , inflames the ardor , a desperation to see each other.Both of them with fervent spirits start searching for the tools to bring down the barrier  preventing their union ...Both get perplexed for the moment but the vehemence within gets more inflamed when  Arnav who had  been running around  gets halts  hearing her Whispers   'Arnavji' . That soothes his burning heart with a cool breeze and he turns towards the source of the sound ...Hope enveloped with  pessimism  and longing makes Arnav calls out her name"Khushi...", her name which is becoming his strength ,his reason of living ,his reason of happiness as always. Khushi hears her name ,The voice that she was seeking for in her longing for days ,with hopes by putting all  the shadows of failure  into her thoughts  is finally found !!

Khushi runs towards the sound , like a  child that has found its haven, unfortunately runs into the wall but sits there with confidence that her Arnavji will find her , will embrace her, will remove the barrier.He breathes out her name again with uncertainty but with a small smile of joy & the next moment he understands and feels  her flowing tears... She awaits  while the impatient Arnav who knows that his Happiness is on the other side of the  wall is getting highly agitated ...when he notices the window of hope and instructs Khushi to reach him,"Khushi Upar ki taraf Dekho , Ventillator hai".[Khushi look up , there is a ventilator...]... Khushi is his equal and she does not need  any lessons "Hann...Humain dikhi..ek minute  "...[Yes , I saw...just one minute...]...The  idea of seeing him provides her with the wings and she flies around and finds a table to reach him while Arnav does the same on his part...& a beautiful moment when they see each other, SI was fantastic here, I must say for the first time I felt she out shown BS here today... she was very good really.

Just clasping the edges of the fingers, Khushi reaching out to him first .Their eyes  look into each other, their souls  get engaged  in a blissful talk ...Their hands start moving towards each other,fingers entwine and both souls intertwined by holding on to one another, accepting each other and being one! The small plant which Khushi entwined in his care for his love has grown into the strong tree of Love and Care,

Pondering connected dots: Khushi, who deserves this to know, because, One day Arnav had left it saying, yahan na sahi shayad kahin ek duniya hogi, jahan main aur tum kabhi lag nahi honge [There will be another world where only you and I will be...]

and left with unsaid...

"Jab Jab jo bura kaha uska koi matalab nahi, jab jo bura kiya uska koi matlab nahi, Iss Pyaar mein sahi aur galat ka koi matlab nahi, bas ek cheez ka matalab hai ki main hamesha hamesha tumse...[Whetever I said bad had no meaning...Whetever I did had no meaning...There is nothing wrong or right in this Love...Only thing which matters the most is that I always...with you..]

"Humne aapko dhoond liya" [Finally I have found you]says Khushi... Arnav nods in response and agrees with gladness in his voice, "Haan dhoond liya! Tum ne" [yes , u have found me...]..He was a lonely soul all his life, and the past week drove the loneliness further - memories of him hurting Khushi deepened the impact of anger he felt with himself. But now here she was, in front of him, she had come to find him, she was only worried about him, each of her tears had his name in them, she had accepted him in her life and he knew it. They take in each other, the love between them tangible, the relief of seeing each other displayed in their eyes, the desire to be on the same side beside one another exhibits itself. She surrenders to him,leaning towards him, finding her heaven within him .Her tears of joy flow by their own accord!! Arnav responds to the unspoken question, assures her ,"Khushi !I'm fine..." which is rejected emphatically by his stubborn wife who is ready to rumble for lying to her....."Nahin aap Theeek nahin hain tum bhi aur ab bhi...apne hum se jhoot kyuon bola.."...[No you are not ok...then and even now..Why did you lie to me...]

Khushi,who was quiet all this time just seems can't stop her rambling as always When she is upset, talking is her way out"agar hum chup hon to lagta hai ke sari duniya chup o gaye hai" [It seems the whole world is quiet if I am quiet...]...and she wants her world to be alive and enlighten by her Arnavji,by people she adore, who is her world.Arnav listens to her verbal yet caring admonishing with a smile .He was happy seeing her worrying over him .It was soothing for his burning heart  by dropping  all  the shackles of tiredness and untying the chains that had kept him tied to the darkness away from this Love .. 

Arnav  makes her calm down by diverting her attention, telling her that he needs to break this barrier ,this  separation in between them. Khushi refused to leave his side even for a second and firmly holds on to him by intertwined his fingers in between his. She makes her intention very clear to the great Laad Governor that he dare not leave her hand or else...and who said Arnav Singh Raizada is not afraid of anyone...He doesn't want to get yelled at again  by his petite Lioness either. he he poor asr. So He gives her his confirmation by holding her hand in between his both with all the tenderness he has and makes her clear that he is here with her but he has to break the wall so that he can come to her side...Yes he has to break the wall of his insecure feelings of his past to be with her for forever.She comprehends his motive and tries pulling the barrier with him. ... But A concerned and a loving husband does not like his fragile and petite wife to tackle this hazardous task and my my my how  tenderly commands her to get off the table.He adjures her to take care of herself and wait for him... Khushi descends and assures  Arnav that she is safe .[3 feet table..seriously...I climb bigger than that and no one cares...]

Symbolism and connection: The grill shows the factors stopping Arnav from completely giving himself to Khushi as he said "main kar loonga". Khushi can only try to come closer to him, but the barriers have been self-imposed by ASR himself and he alone can take the initiative to follow his heart to break down the criss-crossing lines of ego and practicality to give himself over to his heart and join his true soul-mate Khushi.

again, most interesting reading of the grill.

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: Khushi is unwilling to let go of Arnav's hand... she has lost him too many times, and now that she has witnessed his acceptance of her she is scared to lose him again. It took me right back to the terrace-suicide scene, where Arnav was unwilling to let go off Khushi after he saved her from committing suicide. Equals at every stage...

The light goes off on Khushi's side when she settles down, and her childhood phobia, "Andhere se dar" haunts her , I found it really touching as... Arnav's face shows concerns that his dear wife is scared of darkness while he is trying to break off the grill ...she calls out to Arnav to restore confidence  in herself,.. and Arnav's encouraging voice comes floating right back at her "main yahin hoon Khushi...", assuring  her that even in that darkest times , he is standing by her, is fighting  against a brute strength monster for her ...because she will remember this when lights will go off in RM and Shyam will bring candle..she will repeat this "I wasn't afraid when I was with Arnavji.."

Arnav's protective instinct comes into action against kidnapper to fight for her just like in Nainital...At that time he had no idea why did he do that but today she is his life, he has a RIGHT and responsibility to do so.

The kidnapper brings her food and reminds her of the "hit" which he gave her before bringing her here. Murderous rage runs through his veins  as he realizes that the creep had touched his  Khushi, the woman he treasures . When Khushi comes up to his level, he scolds at her angrily by demanding the reason for her to come to such a low place..."kya Zaroorat thi...agar tumhain kuch ho jata to..."...A smile of pure joy embezzles Khushi's face  as she sees her Arnavji's true caring and loving side behind tis anger... The search of her eyes for the ocean of love comes to halt wit peace...she has found her family in him...She has found her home, her heavens in this man in front of her who hurts her, who scolds  at her, yet fights  for her.She wants to dwell in the arms of this man who can take on the world for one smile on her face,  who puts her life in front of his in the line of  fire.

His anger only amuses her by showing his possessive side of him which she adores  but infuriates him as he demands to know the reason behind her smile.."Mukura kyuon rahi ho..."[What's so funny?] by finding his outburst funny.

Pause here:There was a time when Khushi failed to recognize the reason behind his anger. There was a time when Arnav's frustration only provoked her to irritate him out of his depths. But now unconsciously , she recognizes and understands the love that is hidden behind his outburst , her next words "Itne din jo ho gaye  aapki daant ko suna" ...says a lot. It hasn't registered to her mind yet, but her heart recognizes his care, concern, and love behind his anger. Today Sundari has found her Shaitan and Rajkumar in this man. Her love for him wraps itself around him, accepting him whole-heartedly.Arnav can't deny this fact also and can read her love and concern for him in her eyes... a soft smile peeps in over his face and he raises his second hand to intertwine with the grill with the desire to hold her in his embrace when she mingles her wish with him by clasping her fingers with him.and he complies with it"Mujhe uss taraf aana hoga" ...Yes he has no choice but roping her with him as she gets the rope and tries to complete the circle of eternity.Now both ends are in his hands now to accept or reject as his practical brin comes in action and he asks.."Khushi tumhe kaise pata chala ki main mushkil mein hoon?" - A question that leaves Khushi stumped for now,.."haan wo apne phone kiya aur.." yes and open this communication door for us...

All pretenses, inhibitions, pain, and doubts didn't dare to come in between Khushi-Arnav at any moment. A scene to treasure, where Arnav responds genuinely to the voice of his love. The touch of his fingers with the look of love in his eyes with extreme  care and concern touched her soul and echoed his love in every chamber of her heart today.

Heartbeats were one and but today their souls became one.

Other Note:Payal- Akaash scene significance? does it hint at something more than what meets the eye? Lucknow was mentioned as was Payal.. (note: she didnt introduce herself as Payal singh Raizada)

wonderful take, faiqa... their souls are one. lovely. i have no idea about soul and things but now with takes such as these and watching asr khushi, i am almost convinced...

thanks that was elevating and beautiful.

sorry i am taking forever to read.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 276

And so it started.. In the middle of the road Khushi handed bundles of cash to some man.. Omnipresent Shyam stood watching..

I found their confrontation in the hall quite entertaining and disturbing. For once Khushi  was recklessly yelling back. What disturbed me was how Shyam almost manhandled her right in the middle of the Raizada living room. Khushi did not back down. I was pleasantly surprised to see her let go and get a chance to blow off some steam. I did not know this whole face off was leading to her spinning the hard to believe story of hating Arnavji. It tricked Shyam..hehehe.. he isn't as intelligent as he would like to think. or... teehee, the writer really couldn't come up with a better idea. sorry, i am being a bit nasty i know.

I still don't understand what Shyam wanted to gain by talking rudely to khushi throughout.. with each encounter, the way he treats her, with utter disdain, becomes more unbearable to watch. Shyam was asking her, what she was doing, as if he deserved to know. His attitude made no sense to me. shyam was entirely a problem of writing i feel... not staying with character... and then going and hyping abhaas up making him think he can pull off anything when in reality his character was being bashed and stymied. shyam just became a cartoon over time... waste of a great opportunity to make a memorable creepy villainous yet curiously vulnerable character. the initial shyam was so interesting... now yes, difficult to get. one minute he is yelling at her, next minute lusting after her and then he ties her and leaves her on the road to die? er. Maybe he reasoned out that ASR being rude to Khushi in the early days led to numerous rabba ve s so it might work for him too. yes.. completely sarcastic comment by me.. teehee, and why not, since most tv heroes today are doing the yell scream asr thing in the hope of getting some rabba ves, why should poor shyam not have first right to try... after all he provides the villainy that brings more rabba ves into play.

What was the story here? Is this the way a man talks to a girl he wishes to marry? Shyam as I know was a morally unsure man who was good at the art of winning hearts through sweet words. Certainly not the deranged man I see before me. They do say once evil gets unleashed it tends to take over, perhaps that is what is happening. Though part of me says I am trying to win a losing battle of rationalizing what is pretty senseless in terms of character development.

Anyway next scene quite abruptly Shyam was seen getting angry at Rocky. And our thirsting eyes get a glimpse of ASR. I am feeling motherly towards him. from now on, remember this and don't try to mess with those who don't have an iota of matrernal love when perusing certain collarbnes, samjhi tum? you are motherly toward asr. bas.

Like a typical serial ma I want to ask him.. Do they not feed you well? You have lost weight.. Look quite thin... would he have smiled and shook his head and called me paagal.. well one can only dream.. paagal is for collarbone perusers... maa is for those who feel serial motherish.

It is the actor's brilliance ultimately, this is what was left in the crucible for me... and yes the chemistry. but after 20 months if i yearn for a tv show, it is mainly because of this. rare actor... i may never see him in anything worthwhile again, hurts to think that. makes me sad and angry. pity, both having and managing talent are such difficult things.

that it convinced me he is in captivity since long now.  Ever resourceful he picks the phone and calls the one who matters most.

The winds know.. The music strums,hums and ascends.. The pragmatic part of me wants to caution.. Talk fast.. there is no time for mehsoos right now.. But  matters of the heart cannot be hurried.  Khushi and Arnav decided to spend precious moments in the company of whom they must miss terribly.

What do you feel, when you least expect it, but get the call you long for the most? Khushi has been busy trying to reel in Shyam. Arnav must have been ruminating on a way out. But suddenly an interlude.. On both ends of the phone stood two people madly in love.. For a few moments I was happy watching the show I love again.. 

She held the phone with both hands. And he curled his fingers around the phone. Almost exactly like the day of the "I love you".. Again words were not needed.. Both knew who it was on the other end. They would know because suddenly the heart must have felt alive. Survival..existence is different from living.. being alive, if you will.. 

When they started to speak, I wished the scene was slightly better thought of. Yes the man does obsess. From being as tender as he possibly could to having to hit his wife on the head what a terrible turn the night in the hut had taken. Going against the writers ASR may have thought he needed to apologize for this act towards Khushi. While he lets his emotions rule, Khushi desperately tries to tell him all that she now knows for certain. I wanted him to hear her out. I don't know why he would not let her speak first. not convincing writing. I tried to reason out and think a man in almost solitary confinement with one thought in his head might not be in a very reasonable state. It does mess with your head. He had to let her know he did not want to hurt her. 

"I will never be able to forgive myself".. The l's in the will slurred.. The accent so uniquely ASR fell on my ears,

I was left with a feeling that there could have been more in the call. But I did like the way Arnav and Khushi came together to solve a problem. There was a certain positivity as they both said what they had to and tried their best to figure out some clues. There was not the usual negativity of whether we will meet again or not. There was no pessimistic attitude of not being sure of the outcome. There was a subconscious certainty that they would meet. That they had to. hamesha..

Turned out Shyam had been listening all along. Again for someone watching for the first time.. I found it unexpected and  so thankfully more interesting compared to what was shown the past few days on the show.

rhea,

at last i read. liked your thinking pondering examining tone... it is getting harder and harder to convince myself... somehow when asr is not around everything seems tired and wan and quite uninteresting.  ipk is picking up tones of the ordinary soap... ah well. done sme talking in blue. liked the edits and the moments you chose.

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 276

And so it started.. In the middle of the road Khushi handed bundles of cash to some man.. Omnipresent Shyam stood watching..

I found their confrontation in the hall quite entertaining and disturbing. For once Khushi  was recklessly yelling back. What disturbed me was how Shyam almost manhandled her right in the middle of the Raizada living room. Khushi did not back down. I was pleasantly surprised to see her let go and get a chance to blow off some steam. I did not know this whole face off was leading to her spinning the hard to believe story of hating Arnavji. It tricked Shyam..hehehe.. he isn't as intelligent as he would like to think. 
Can't agree more.
How they were talking on such controversial issue in the middle of the living room, was quite weird.  You know they were more careless about the episode where Barun was absent. They literally ignored others.

I still don't understand what Shyam wanted to gain by talking rudely to khushi throughout.. with each encounter, the way he treats her, with utter disdain, becomes more unbearable to watch. Shyam was asking her, what she was doing, as if he deserved to know. His attitude made no sense to me. Maybe he reasoned out that ASR being rude to Khushi in the early days led to numerous rabba ve s so it might work for him too. yes.. completely sarcastic comment by me.. 
Good catch. How dare he talked so disdainfully to her. And he claimed that he loved her!
Sick!!!!!

What was the story here? Is this the way a man talks to a girl he wishes to marry? Shyam as I know was a morally unsure man who was good at the art of winning hearts through sweet words.
Well said. Except ASR and naniji they were not consistent with other characters.
 Certainly not the deranged man I see before me. They do say once evil gets unleashed it tends to take over, perhaps that is what is happening. Though part of me says I am trying to win a losing battle of rationalizing what is pretty senseless in terms of character development.

Anyway next scene quite abruptly Shyam was seen getting angry at Rocky. And our thirsting eyes get a glimpse of ASR. I am feeling motherly towards him.😆 Like a typical serial ma I want to ask him.. Do they not feed you well? You have lost weight.. Look quite thin... would he have smiled and shook his head and called me paagal.. well one can only dream.. 
Rather you should ask his wife. Why he is losing weight and looks sick!

It is the actor's brilliance that it convinced me he is in captivity since long now.  Ever resourceful he picks the phone and calls the one who matters most.

The winds know.. The music strums,hums and ascends.. The pragmatic part of me wants to caution.. Talk fast.. there is no time for mehsoos right now.. But  matters of the heart cannot be hurried.  Khushi and Arnav decided to spend precious moments in the company of whom they must miss terribly.

What do you feel, when you least expect it, but get the call you long for the most? Khushi has been busy trying to reel in Shyam. Arnav must have been ruminating on a way out. But suddenly an interlude.. On both ends of the phone stood two people madly in love.. For a few moments I was happy watching the show I love again.. 

She held the phone with both hands. And he curled his fingers around the phone. Almost exactly like the day of the "I love you".. Again words were not needed.. Both knew who it was on the other end. They would know because suddenly the heart must have felt alive. Survival..existence is different from living.. being alive, if you will.. 
so true. their mehsoos is so strong that words really don't needed.

When they started to speak, I wished the scene was slightly better thought of. Yes the man does obsess. From being as tender as he possibly could to having to hit his wife on the head what a terrible turn the night in the hut had taken. Going against the writers ASR may have thought he needed to apologize for this act towards Khushi. While he lets his emotions rule, Khushi desperately tries to tell him all that she now knows for certain. I wanted him to hear her out. I don't know why he would not let her speak first. I tried to reason out and think a man in almost solitary confinement with one thought in his head might not be in a very reasonable state. It does mess with your head. He had to let her know he did not want to hurt her. 
Good reasoning. But it was not him, the creatives wanted him to put him in dark about shyam. Otherwise how the drama would've created!

"I will never be able to forgive myself".. The l's in the will slurred.. The accent so uniquely ASR fell on my ears,

I was left with a feeling that there could have been more in the call. But I did like the way Arnav and Khushi came together to solve a problem. There was a certain positivity as they both said what they had to and tried their best to figure out some clues. There was not the usual negativity of whether we will meet again or not. There was no pessimistic attitude of not being sure of the outcome. There was a subconscious certainty that they would meet. That they had to. hamesha..
nice thought. They came to know that they were soul mates and destined to be togetehr. remeber when kushi was leaving Arnav for Aarav, what Arnav said to her! That, if there is  no Khushi, there will be no Arnav. And I guess that feeling already developed by then.

Turned out Shyam had been listening all along. Again for someone watching for the first time.. I found it unexpected and  so thankfully more interesting compared to what was shown the past few days on the show.

nice and to the point.
I loved all the lines in blue.
My comments are in purple.
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

Nice one Rhea👏

A lot of things could be better but as he was unavailable and story was going in any direction so I think that was teh best what we got...I didn't see this epi yet again as an analysis POV but I am sure there is nothing much,,,

my comments are in between 

Thank you for reading Faiqa di.. Episodes are also not interesting actually.. but I miss writing new takes so when I find even something to talk about am trying to write something.. But all your comments make it interesting.. Your favourite Scorpion is getting way too irritating di.. We should pick up our jaipuri chappal and squash him..
aarwen thumbnail

rhea,

at last i read. liked your thinking pondering examining tone... it is getting harder and harder to convince myself... somehow when asr is not around everything seems tired and wan and quite uninteresting.  ipk is picking up tones of the ordinary soap... ah well. done sme talking in blue. liked the edits and the moments you chose.

Hahaha Indi di I literally fell over laughing reading your comments.. All of a sudden this episode doesn't seem uninteresting at all.. You are right, the senseless stuff left me in a thoughtful mood.. I don't understand what it is that is being conveyed here.. sad.. And sadder to see a perfectly good phone call get wasted.. It hurts immensely when ASR does things that don't agree with my perception of ASR... am sounding pretty dramatic but what the? that is how I feel.. In fact how all of us must feel , else we would not be here..

And yes will be awful if we don't get to see the actor realize his talent.. he has loads of it di.. I wish for his success with such an earnest heart that I can't even explain it in words.. all for a man who will have no idea there is a girl who wishes him well.. 

Before I bid adiu.. my motherly feeling is like everything else in IPK.. easily forgotten when not needed anymore.. so you can not bind me to it.. bas.. samjhi aap? hehehe

aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

nice and to the point.
I loved all the lines in blue.

Sohara thanks for reading this and my previous take as well. You are writing so fast that I have quite a backlog..  For some days will be out of town and miss spending time here.. Will try and catch up soon..

ASR is looking too thin here isn't he?

Can't wait to read all that you PM me.. Thanks a lot dear.. 

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

episode 272

it wasn't easy getting here to write my thoughts. despite the rather stirring scenes that opened the episode, the emptiness echoing in me seems to override everything.
Same here Indi, the scene was unbearable to watch. I never saw this scene twice after it aired for the first time. Usually I watch IPK's episodes numerous times. But this scenes where Arnav was in blindfold and beaten up was too disturbing to watch.

this time round i know where all this is headed. which is actually... nowhere. this is extreme timepass while everyone waits for barun to be able to give more time. that was really the pity of the whole thing... if that wild violence and beating up of a man led to a story told well, we might have hit classic drama... i recall seeing the untouchables while in my twenties... blood erupting across the screen, spraying on walls, bodies letting go of life and slumpin, gory, terrible. i remember the godfather and its violence. i must have been 15 or 16 when i saw it... but all of that made perfect sense. stayed logged in the memory cells as, ah that was some movie. so good.
Untouchable I watched. As I grew with two brothers, i had to watch so many fighting movies in my childhood.  That's why I totally avoid fighting movies nowadays.

here... it all came to naught. pity is really that. because the actor and the henchman were actually pretty neat. better than many, these henchies, geography teacher like rotund boy included.

then there was the elaborate "reveal" of the boss. ah it is shyam. oh it is shyam. really, it is shyam?

much melodrama to get him out of the dark into light as we are brought into it too. first the hand and bracelet of course... oh, i know that... the felt the first time i'd seeen this i think i'd had a sinking feeling of disappointment. making a villain is no easy task...especially the filmi type villainiya shyam finally was moulded to.
When the kidnapping happened, I didn't expect that it would be shyam. But by the grace of IF I came to know about it long back.

yaadon ki baraat. dharmendra in black. ajit is white. i know and everyone else around that ajit is shakal... the man a boy had seen killing his parents. today the boy is all grown up but he remembers the man wore shoes of different sizes. then at the right moment, the man we all loved to mimic... ajit... his legs go up onto the desk at and the different sizes are instantly noticed by the hero... the truth hits dharmendra hard.

it was quite a scene really... smooth, filmy, unreal yet exciting, and this despite not having several six pack torsos onscreen.  in fact, i think the hero wore a wig, the villain certainly did. while amjad's brother imtiaz khan looked slithery in orange...

if you'd like to see the scene, it's here on vimeo: http://vimeo.com/65162961

that shoe reveal is in my memory for years and i think the concept was perhaps gypped from an angreji phillum. somehow the blue turquoise bracelet, also kept alive from the first day we met shyam, just doesn't do it. nor does the rather apt dhaiya ho, also with us since day one of shyam. and that i think is mainly to do with the writing, also directing from a distance and acting that is losing touch.

so yeah, seven odd unnecessary minutes. all of it could have been done in a couple. and who reads a will standing out on the road then loudly wonders about how to kill off someone. surely this is not the clever dude, man in black kidnapper? and what's that rocking chair doing there? now which movie was that filched from? psycho? was there a little joke there and a deep prayer to the movie greats to save this shyam this sham this show?
I was laughing to read your thought about Shyam. He was introduced as a regular guy, whose character was immoral for sure. But never thought that he would've turned to be a boss of a goonda gang!

also what happened to the clause about accidental death then? thank g not too many lawyers were ipk fans.😆 one profession and idea too often profaned here. i will never forget asr saying khushi is his legally wedded wife and that meaning nothing to no one. also if legally wedded, would have been nice if they established it somewhere before the show ended.
Not IPK only this rubbish joke of law shows in every hindi shows.
By the way do you know there are lot of doctors who are fans of IPK! I found it in a poll in IF. Apparently don't know about lawyers.😆

anyway... asr's beautiful arms, wanting to reach, to do damage, to unmask the offender, very touching. noticed the whole episode was shown through a lot of hand and arm shots... then there were the feet of khushi... and a head coming to close to the boss's feet.

there were two things that sort of did make an impression. one was the little drama three women in brown suits put up for a girl who missed her suited booted man. little did these ladies realise that now she yearns for him in his vest... she sees him crossing the boundary and walking toward her with only desire, pretty naked, in his eyes... or she sees herself running to him in a filthy godown, throwing herself on his blue shirt chest... yeah he had left in a suit, but alas...

very loving scene by three good actresses. and this family love, which managed to stay not nauseating despite it being a hindi soap, where for quite a while effort was made to build individual characters, not even very predictable ones, and the vibe the actors shared was so good, often gave ipk a great place to escape to when everything was off. 
true. There are some subtle scenes what made IPK so memorable, in spite of tons of flaws.

along with khushi i lost myself in the sweetness of it. sometimes fam does do weird stuff to make a loved one happy. here they were really bizarre in brown, but oh i did think of the hot one, especially on the morning he walked down the gh verandah looking at her. maybe that was the intention back of director's mind.
Good observation.
It was a sweet scene completely IPK, where family is so much attached to each other.

and did you notice, anjali spoke of rain? last year's rain. oooph. she remembered two scenes, the khushi sneezing one did not look right... and pity, khushi did not have a flashback of a man rushing out of nowhere and catching her and spinning away taking her to safety. holding her... it seemed for an eternity... like he'd never let her go.
Oh yeah the rain sequence! We damn wished to see another rain sequence after their confession! But they never fulfilled our wish.

but even without the flashback, the heart swelled and sighed. ah rain. really, chhotey shuts all windows and sleeps with ac on at high? why is he so d real... why?

the other scene was the patch up with dm. i am not much for mixing religion with entertainment. and so often is it used to make you buy some idea or manipulate you. but the concept of ishta devata, your personal god, or rather your personal take on the eternal is i think quite prevalant in hindu thought. i know too little to comment. but i have had mine, and i still do... and this is a private and personal matter. 
But Khushi was shown religious and she had immense faith and connection with her DM.

to that extent, the way khushi's relationship with dm was handled, i really enjoyed it. yeah, there was a bit of the unreal chunari floating thing, but that is fine with me, a bit of flight is always okay in creative things... and really i too have looked for signs, so if khushi reads them... who am i to make fun of her.

but mainly it was her relationship with dm that i really enjoyed and thought was central to khsuhi's personality... helped us see and read her and connect with her too. an orphan girl always chirpy, trying to make things better. that was her strong and revealed side. but surely therew as vulnerability inside? a feelinng that no one was really her '"own"? a fear even and trepidation? surely she quaked and felt tremors inside, just sometimes?

this is an orphan girl's very deep relatiosnhip, made of her own free will, the only the only relationship perhaps, beside with asr, where she has and happily exercises "haque". her right.
I can relate with her in this matter. Cause I have immense faith on my God. And when I am really sad and lonely, only reliance on God can give me solace, that what i felt. And you pointed out so well that as an orphan her dependence and believe in God is even more.

right from day one it is there... she is not scared of dm, never fears dm will desert her. she owns and loves and possesess dm. she feeds her what she wants to, chats with her about everything, requests her to show signs, loves her and wants her love. reaches always for her blessings. and then when her whole world crumbles and she has no one to turn to, she goes to her... dm with her unmoving idol, unblinking eyes...

and she fights with dm.

all her anger, all her frustration... all her hurt... every bit of helplessness... and pain sadness confusion fury, with all of it, she goes to the one over whom she has eternal right.

her god.

her dm.

and raves and rants.

and says, go, won't talk to you... katti.

but now, now that such difficulty is upon her... now that the man who tormented her and whose tormenting she d rather live with than the love of another... now that he is in such terrible trouble... and her heart is breaking, her mind ripping at the memory of the state she saw him.. again.. she can go to no one...

but she can go to the one.

the one who is always hers.

whom she can rave and rant at and love and cajole and who will be there no matter what.

her devi maiyya.

khushi's going to see her, straight after the overwhelming moments with her family wearing suits and her heart immersed in missing him, wanting to get him out of the hell he is in, was significant and poignant.

i liked the way the director showed her hesitation with the halting feet. and i did like the way khushi slipped back into her chatty conversing style with dm... and though she did not do too much of drama, she told dm how badly she needed her man. that the same one who had taken her away from dm, brings her back.. don't let him suffer. let me.
It was an absolutely beautiful moment of Khushi with her DM. CVs did an wonderful job here.

for whatever reason... i do think some people actually talk like that and are as desperate to make the one they love feel okay, make them safe.

sanaya was for a few moments again the khushi i knew. i had really liked her raging at devi maiyya the night of suffocating terror and hurt.
khushi had to show her feelings on something... someone... and she had not been turned into achhi bahu yet, so she could do the anger so beautifully. so need to sweeten the whole thing. thank dm.

and today too she slipped back into her relationship with the ease only the deepest of relationships allow... that say, no need to explain, i need you too... and yes, i like the thought that the divine needs to be told your thoughts, your mind... omniscient is the divine but i as human have been given the ability to have free will, that can be exercised only if i can state what it is that i want in the first place.

and when the chunari came via the purohit i was happy for khushi. she needed something today.

something.

and that only her divine one could give.

it was like a master within had reach out and given direction.

perhaps there is a master like that within all of us. and i hope we all find that one within.
Just said above my thought about my God.

can i please hit shyam sham shambles on his snout and please what's with the hairstyle. uff such a waste of an opportunity to create a full masala villain.😆 every hero needs one really. asr deserved better. 
Even Khushi too, needed better wardrobe and make over.
and that down there was a ridiculous scene... even when i realised director wants me to connect it to the blood that had fallen on shyam's shoe, didn't make me feel better... at all.

nice take Indi.
I really loved what you said about khushi's connection with her DM.
All the lines in blue are my favorite
Edited by sohara - 9 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

episodes 273 -276

disjointed for some reason and utterly flat episodes. no peaks, no troughs, a bland plain where some supposedly interesting angles were introduced but somehow failed to capture interest. though, yes, that khushi getting ready to play the game her way and engage shyam using his weakness, herself, might have, just might have, been terrifically exciting, but again, something was dull... and really if this is the bid, you either go all the way, or not at all.  

There is no question the idea is great and I didn't find that flat except that we are so used to seeing him on the screen and that is diverting us utterly from the focal point here...and at the top Abhaas went over the edge in his overacting..if he supposed to stick in his initial days avatar ...may be this whole thing becomes more appealing...his sweetness was the actual weapon and he didn't use it ...he became ...I don't know what he became...I used to love this character till I reached here...I just couldn't understand why directors took him to this road or may be he didn't understand this road...and how to cross...totally bizare ...

my take is that at least. the need to constantly show how concerned khushi was about her having to be near shyam, to establish to the viewer that she is such an achchi ladki, i feel weakened the character. at least in the execution of her worry and revulsion. 

May be...but I felt other way around...

if we are to say, she is warrior like now, eye only on her aim... of course, this is focussed on in many ways in our epics and somewhere we understand its implications... then khushi ought to be almost ruthless in this pursuit... and if for any reason i want to see khushi trying to grapple with this decision, completely repulsed by the cretin she must befriend and his horrific touch, then it must be her own way... with the requisite sanka.. sorry, that is how i see her character... her switch to jalebi, to talking silly, gives her a break... from this really difficult world... so suddenly to make her mundane and mopey... nahiiin. i protest. 

Indi, in such case not a single girl can be sanka...I don't think so even a craziest girl who has to shake hand with this kind of guy and at the top she is good at nature , how can she go nuts ...yes she can make Jalaibis...I agree she sould be more sad...but at the same time she has to hide her tears from the family...only NK sees those tears in her eyes...I definitely do have problem ..Why Mamiji who was so in it , Khushi took her out...for What reason???
There is no question story is experimental level and going left and right as he was not there and he will be there or not what to  do situation but still

when a perfect stranger whom she had never set eyes on before, incarcerated her, interrogated her, was vicious in his words and completely egregious in action ripping her dori... almost an assault on her sexually at one level, and thanks to which her sister's marriage didn't go through, she got up in the middle of the night and fried jalebi.

But she was not committed to anyone and now she is someone's wife...and her whole life shattered because of this guy Shyam...and she knows Arnav and hers MUs created because of him...She has to be careful...she can't act the same...priorities change...at least that's how I feel and atthe top she is in RM, just like she can't sleep the way she sleeps in GH ...she doesn't act the same here...she did only once like that when he said you gave me chot and second when she makes in his memory...Jalaibi making is only associated with Arnav ...or Anjali...never was for Shyam...She made Jalaibis for Anjali on her first wedding  anniversary...and again what and why...that was the purpose as always bringing sweetness in these two lives...and Shyam was out...and at the top the purpose was winning hearts to remove bitterness...after poolside...that was important..Jalaibi making is the most significant in their lives...it was never associated with Shyam...She made ones after guest house incident...when he was living with them...and the most beautiful [part is he brings spoons for making sweets for the order but he was not there when she was making that order of 36 boxes...I know I am crazy...I connect things different way...

we did not think that was weird... we thought this was this girl... khushi staretd taking shape in our heads. and no, she had no reason to believe he was actually a decent guy, just the opposite. there was a poignancy in her action... funny it may seem but we knew how broken she is, how rotten she felt, and somewhere that man's unbelievable assault was ringing in her. but we saw a fighter too.

i missed that girl in this so called great plot development.

still writing about a show more than 20 months after it's over. i'm nuts.

episode 273
khushi ponders whether shyam might be the culprit. lovely scene of her pacing and wondering, hair flying around, given to the moment. she finds out his blood group is o negative, but i wonder can one really give a q-tip soaked in blood and determine blod type. if one can, no problem, but if one can't... why this silliness? 

she took care of her sister in law, sounding stern. anjali told us how this reminded her of chhotey. then that comparison between her husband and brother, both being so similar in matters concerning her health.

i always found that mirroring of shyam and asr interesting. both were self made, both individualistic, sharp, men who wanted to lead their lives their own way... yet they were absolute opposites essentially.

Shyam and selfmade??? Sorry indi ..I don't think so ...yes I can see that he has his own way of doing things which he thinks right without thinking much right or wrong and always does wrong...but he is not self made...he is a sucker

she finally accepted it must be shyam... and then did a fairly impetuous thing. i am not sure that was like her. of course, it was the most obvious way to show nk finding out about the kidnap. decently done scene, though a tad obvious.

i like nk's character... his straightforwardness has power in it and speaks again of a personality... this character can evolve in lovely ways i used to think, wonder what he'd be like in love... real heartbreak type love.  

he asks if indeed what she says is the truth. i liked the natural dialogues and that energetic nanhe ji thing, the innocence. akshay dogra has said later i think he was a bit upset that karan g was brought in to be khushi's friend in the search for asr. i have to say, i agree with the writers in seeing a better match between kkg and nanhe ji. also that sliiight touch of a man woman thing, given that once nk wanted to go with her on a tareekh adds to this whole thing, plus nk always felt more alive and fun and somehow strong as compared to akash. again my take. 

They have ruined his character

episode 274

at last nk accepts jeeju dear really is the baddie.

"baat arnavji ki hai nanhe ji... hum usse..." it's about arnsv ji, khsuhi lets slip her feelings for her husband before her friend.
nk will of course be like krishna, the friend of draupadi in her hour of trouble. he will protect her when her character is questined. he will stand by her no matter what...
and he will say his piece fearlessly
... completely above soap shenanigans of slow motion and exra close ups and stuff... nk is the ultimate normal guy. unheard of in indian soap i think. which is why i have always found him rare. and karan g a pretty neat actor.

of course, he has to say,
"filler mat kijiye!"  in stead of "fikar mat kijiye!" nice touch there... this was yet another filler episode and some writer just had to crack a joke.

there raksha puja the next day... for suraksha, safety, and of course it's in asr's name... and of course, if you have to spy around in the enemy's room the only way this can be achieved if you are in ipk is that a havan has to be on at that moment for you to be able to sneak away. 👏

how many times have we seen a havan as a means of establishing something that has nothing to do with the havan? tiring.

and what was that "spying" scene of the detective jodi peering into the room at the door? so no one could see them?

anjali looked so happy and full of hope for her baby, which unethical absolutely useless writer/producer/whoever decided the child had to die? for the longest time i had hoped, ipk would do a soap on me and bring the baby back later. some ridiculous tale of how a nurse took the eight month old child, or even shyam had the child kept alive to use later or whatever. i'd have bought any story. alas.😲

suddenly an attempt at humour with "hp wahan guzar gaya..." hp has died there instead of "tapak gaya."

the most exaggerated and unreal search for the key to shyam's attache case. a filler in the middle of the week, it was 13 june, wednesday. i must have been irritated that i stayed up till midnight to watch this.

episode 275

a lot of sk travels talk and a boarding pass and passport are found in shyam's 1970s style brief case.😆

mami was refreshingly weird, and to ward off kidanapprers' black magic, suggested wearing nimboo mirchi instead of earrings. i giggled at the senseless nonsense, it was better than things that seemingly made sense.

in order to stop shyam from going to his room and discovering nk, khushi grabs and holds shyam's hand...huh?

the look on shyam's face, ugh.

she comes to get 2 lakh rupees from di, shyam intrigued... the trap shyam game starts. i am giggling at teh doh lakh, what atycoon would casually spend on a bag, one which hasn't even seen. so cute.

episode 276

entrapment is on.

khsuhi will ensnare shyam and make hi believe she hates asr. there was certain energy to the episode, sanya was good, shyam overacted.😡

"sach sunna hai na... toh suniya... kyunki humein sab kuch chahiye, unka paisa, unki ghar, unka business, sab kuch..." she wants everything and that is the truth.

"ek ek tukda!" she wants

"kyun..." why? gobsmacked is our shyam at this new khushi ji.

khushi says she hates both the men.. him and asr. she seeks revenge.

thankfully shyam took a while to swallow this hindi movie story.

suddenly shyam is slapping people in a godown.. and the man is there.

i sat up and stared. felt like i was in tune with this alien show again.

someone kicks a box away.. man in white vest, black track pants. it is thursday...

he prowls... uff.

quick hands try to fix a phone... a worry, something sad about him... he needs to be home..

first word... "khushi..."

the phone rings, she picks it up and starts to say hello, but then she stops... she senses it is him.

a wrap of wind around the two lovers. that mehsoos of each other. an endless moment of just knowing you are there.

the hair flies. he stops too, a little intimate pause in a life overlaid with too much reality.

hey hey, hey hey hey, their song is playing. all the signs that say asr khushi love are here and on a day she has decided to trap shyam using herself.

she holds the phone in both hands, as if she holds him, as if she clings to a reality she so badly needs instead of this nightmare they are in.

he is almost sobbing... their is such pain in his expression, as though he is beside himself with an emotion. just a few minutes ago he was dejected, angry, then frantically working to amke a phone work... and then his first call, not to anyone else... just khushi.

in the darkness as if he finally saw the purest beam of light and knew once and for all what it was that mattered that he did give a damn about.

i miss the magnificent man in suit and utter command who had found her in the dark one night before rakhi and yelled and screamed and thrown her out of his home. even then he had felt things he couldn't control and worse still, couldn't identify, even now. only now, he doesn't even wish to control it and he has finally identified it.

i love the simplicity of this man once he has given himself to this love.

he starts, "khu..." she too says, "arnav ji!" their words touch and enmesh.

suddenly she is practical... where are you?

she wants to tell him who is behind all this.

but khushi stop stop! please. what eh wants to say must be said first.
"nahin pehle mujhe baat karni hai... jo maine kehna hai woh aur bhi zaroori hai..." he apologises for hurting her...

i think, yes, thsi is the first time they are meeting after the night in te hut... even if on the pphone. so that is why he was close to tears, he has hurt her.

it was only barun's heartfelt emotion which made the scene work for me, because i really did not understand the hit on te head bit... the asr i know would never do that. to hit soemone on the head can have the most horrendous repercussions...

"you know i will never be able to forgive myself..." he avers. i felt sorry for the man. really.

in the meantime, we realise, this is a trap laid by shyam... the cat and mouse game. he wants to know if khsuhi will tell himabout the call. some truly bad direction and terriuble over acting by shyam. i wish they had kept him subtle and nuanced. so wish they had.

there's talk of the sounds asr hears and khsuhi can too over the phone.. train, bells of a temple. why am i thinking ofyaadon ki baraat?

she tells her husband everything but he hears nothing. a little predictable this bit, but something quite stunning in the sudden pull out on asr's face in half shadow. that look in his eyes. how barun understands his character in a situation. laudable really.

Intersting take for all 4 epis  indi...😊

Two role switch...I am seeing in these epis

OK I lost twice in this cyber zone...my comments are in between...