Users

Frequent Posters

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 238

"ek kha loonga."

his eyes were on her, in them the spark of a need, an elemental need. an insurmountable need. for her. for her as she is... giggling, chirping, sloshing golgappa water, rushing about in her joy feeding people, full of life, energy, vibrant... sunshine girl with a twist of sanka.
perfectly described. she is always too irresistible for him.

how badly he needed her.

he couldn't keep on resisting her.

even if she were a home wrecker.

he so needed to taste her, all of her, crunchy, sweet, sour, hot, spicy... he wants to be driven crazy by her.

now. right now.

ek kha loonga.

i'll eat one.

what a no frills, straight from the gut submission. to his need. call it love call it lust call it attraction, call it what you will, a part of the shatir man knows, he needs her... to live.

this one line did it for me in this episode. it was the episode really for me.
same here. there was so much thought, so much expression, so much feelings in that small line.

there were tense moments as bua ji urged khushi to "khabao" one golgappa to damad ji. with alacrity both khushi and asr reacted. both entered their inner recesses almost leaving the table and all that was around.

thoughts went racing through the man... a yearning he has kept away for weeks, more than a month. from all those days ago, when full of hope and a new sensation he had flirted, "baat karni hai," he had said. 
beautifully said. he bridled his feelings for too long. I wonder how can he get such self control!

he had slowly savoured the moments since he had felt that heartbeat race and said "khushi!" at last understanding things... his golgappa moments almost, a little sweet, a little sour, a little hot... walking up to her, confusing her, reveling in that confusion, being told everything was his fault, being a waiter with her, choosing a saree for her from a distance playing a game of telephone, giving her a handkerchief and telling her to meet him so he could talk to her, arousing with a bindi, walking slowly up to her feeling his heart race knowing hers does too...

what was all that if not some of the crunchiest, most delicious moments of this lonely aloof man's life.

and then suddenly it was all over.
God created Khushi for him. so his lonely days is over.

but baat karni hai he had said... that baat that stayed in his heart, despite the treachery in the dark.

he looked at bua ji, at khushi... and even as she said... "rrrahna di jiye na, bua ji..." let it be, bua ji, out came a line of untrammeled desire and need and pretty much struck me dead.

"ek kha loonga..."

he doesn't eat golgappa, too hot, and he really can't open his mouth so wide, he said in the most natural way to his ma in law who wanted to make him a one... such a small thing... but it seemed to unnerve the tycoon. he even admitted carrying digestive pills his mami had given him, amusing all present. he resisted with all his might while his wife opened her mouth very very wide and had one, two, three, oh who can keep count quantities of the stuff.

and then bua ji said the magic words, feed him one, girl.

from her hand, he would like to eat, to feel her touch in his mouth, his lips, his tongue... fed like a child, like a lover... she is stunned. hey hey.
beautifully analysed again.

both know somewhere what this is really about...bua ji looks at asr keenly, she can sense something. and though hesitant, confused, in a dhakdhak herself, khushi gets up.  

he follows her with his eyes. tell me this man is just acting, he is not in love with this woman, he is not a wealthy businessman who is willing to adjust to anything because he adores his wife. tell me his heart is not thudding, his limbs are not aching for her. and when he looks at her, isn't there a question and desperate need in his eyes? he wants to be caressed by her, held by her... fed by her. 
oh yeah, the man is deeply in love with her. so that the pain is more for her betrayal. and slowly the hate is evanescing and love is blooming.

on her hands his mother's bangles, she holds that little golgappa, the story of their lives... a tenderness on her face as she feeds him, and he does open his mouth pretty wide... the ladies nudge and giggle, they can feel the romance. and maybe they are a little relieved too that the kids have stopped fighting.

and she leans forward, in the most intimate of gestures, she wipes his mouth with the edge of her palm... like  a trusting little boy he looks up at her... so lost they are in a feeling... he swallows and he does choke on the teekha...but he holds on.

"kaisan laga, babua!" how did you like it, asks the aunt. his eyes smarting, voice messed he replied, "achha hai..."

oh, he did enjoy himself so so much... and she could feel it, it even touched her, shook her deep inside, completely lost in each other for a wonderful moment where there is no one but them... hey hey heyheyhey.
beautiful scene, so subtle, so romantic, Barun and Sanaya are pure magic together.

other thoughts:
~ oh the smile as he watches her go bananas with her golgappa spree.

~ okay he did not stop at one. and when he fell upon the digestive pills, he did screw up his face and looked really really ugh... i had to agree with khushi. his shakal was sadi hui. rotten. got to fall for the actor again, so cute, he actually did all he could to look ugly... not concerned about his "image" and fans, etc. in little scenes like this i kept on seeing barun the serious actor.
so true. he just doesn't look bad any how. he is too gorgeous! he was even cut in sadei hui shakal. 

~ very natural and clever the way they started fighting again... a lovely man woman thing... you did it all for me, because you are regretting what you've done, you are accepting you are wrong. what! what nonsense... i have said sorry to bua ji and aunty, but you... huh. stop thinking you know how to read me... and stop dreaming. oh is that right, mister, wait, i'll show you. and so opens the door to let preeto's wedding into gh.

~ after days i saw him taking care of plants. would have been nice to have a bit of continuity, that little plant she brought along somewhere in the shot.

~ sanaya is too cute as khushi at times, all the expressions and childlike enthusiasm when preeto's mother comes and talk of wedding starts... and she and bua ji, what great chemistry.

~ "abhi abhi aapne apne do do beti ki shadi jo ki hai" you have just got two of your daughters married, both he and she are slightly churned by this. nice touch by director. must say, so many many things were thought through and detailed while portraying an emotion, maybe that's why the flaws in continuity and other things felt more glaring.

~ "mujhe bahut kaam hai... main andar jaa raha hoon... bua ji, i'm fine..." so cute, he can't take the madness.

~ "good morrning, bua ji," uff the morning voice, the crisp male smile at bua ji. okay next barun show, me auditioning for aunt. khushi is so natural and weird all wrapped up. a little leg pulling. "bua ji, ek aur kambal de dete toh mooh bhi dhak leti," if you'd given another blanket she could have covered her face, he jests.

he jests?

i am surprised. this is cold hard, i don't like noise, i have no time for silly things asr. oh such a lovely little break... the man is thawing somewhere amid all the madness. bua ji, in her unique loud way, avers, you can't tell looking at him he can crack a joke. did anyone notice how terribly spot on barun's reaction was at that moment?
how can it go unnoticed! I was ROFLing to see Barun's expression.
The laad governor has changed a lot. Can't believe that he is the same shrewd ASR. 

~ why is this man so male, despite being so thin and slight, kills me.
kill me too.

~ i like how everything fits in nicely, his laptop, her dm, on the same desk, both their essential objects.

~ he turns to look at his swaddled wife. walks up... predatory... ready to flirt and floor the opposition. khushi the red nosed wife gives rudolph some hot competition. asr is delighted to unnerve her.

this scene was too hot! one of my favorite.I was expecting a kiss, when he leaned to her.

~ but soon enough of course he will be completely flabbergasted and chasing his wife asking what the. while she dances brandishing a ladle and he tries desperately to figure out who is preeto, what wedding and why  bua ji had said he is an understanding man.

khushi, khushi!! yeh sab kya ho raha hai?

Lovely.
One of my favorite episode.
your take on the golgappa scene was absolutely amazing.
Sanaya was looking beautiful in the episode. Barun was looking a bit tired but as I said above he is too gorgeous to look bad. 
All the blue lines stood out for me.
My comments are in purple.

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Horizon

Episode 198 on the reruns.. a stray thought...

This imagery used to greet in my living room every day..

The man pulled on his blazer in a move svelte

To go along with his irresistible white ...

A slick black coffee mug in hand

with a steaming potion of espresso

must be a perfect "sunrise" moment

but  alas...

as his eyes paused  on that girl in sight

with a battered soul and no one to share her plight

in an instant the aroma of the brew dispelled

so was his transitory sprint

leaving him agonized alongside

as their heavenly abode witnessed in all its blues

clandestinely, their hearts imbued in love seemed to hope ..

this too shall pass!

This imagery used to greet in my living room everyday!!

ooo lovely, indu... me it greeted in my bedroom, 12 midnight... it wasn't be chance it had chosen the witching hour.

lovely verse full of an emotion to lovely to surrender to the fading of memory.

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: MehreenB

Indi πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

240,Loved the emotional take and over your frustration for this track , I think there was this whole drama was going on that he is going to leave for his movie and then the IPK became a joke for a while but it doesn't seems like that .Anyway I liked this episode for the last scene because that was important for him to show and make him realize how badly he had damaged her beyond imagination.This will bring his CONTROL over his rage in upcoming scene because he is seeing himself proven wrong every time he misunderstood her.His war of mind and heart  within is tilting towards heart and when during Payesh wedding his Heart couldn't let her go and mind made her his , same is coming up again for the next phase which will bring ILU from his inner fears , he might be able to not see her again.

Thank you.😊

thanks, mehreen...

nice thought in pink. 😳

glad you liked. last scene was important and done very poignantly.

the writing slipped pretty badly. in practically every show the leads take breaks, go do other things and come back. if you are a consummate production house you will take that into account and work it in. i sometimes happen to see bits of bade achhe and it is often clear that one of the leads is away... but there are other stories to get into and also plan and shoot leads ahead in certain scenes. i feel ipk saw a level of chaos that said a production house was downright unprofessional. this bad writing i do not think can be blamed on actors... it is clearly a tussle for trp, a rave and rant with channel, a losing of interest by gul who at that point was getting ready for her next show, and a particularly uninspired phase in the writers' lives.

however thankfully a lot of things that were classic and beautiful came in kidnap and post kidnap right up to 1 august. i am happy to look forward to that. was just sorting some writing i had done on these way back when we first saw ipk, and yes, that is a phase to look forward to.

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

but  alas...

this too shall pass!

Beautiful Horizon ,😊

very touchy and indeed a show piece.How much it kills him thousand times seeing her like this detached from all and he is the cause of it .He is feeling the worse of all, because of him every relation of her is broken .They both can't see each other in pain and especially if the pain is coming from them.
If you are in pain , don't take action that creates even more pain as darkness covered by darkness doesn't bring light.That is what he did and she is a light in his life and it will take time for him to understand her acts out of pure love full of reality.

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

episode-234

mooh dekhai of our sexy man

Beautiful Gifs as usually

Workaholic Arnav is back in his work. There can be any vacation for him. He just couldn't build an empire just like that. But the killing heat is not giving him respite. He is sweating, his state is almost tousled, he is already looking emaciated. He can go back to RM, as Khushi has tethered him for a while. Droplets of perspiration have been travelling down from his forehead to his eyes brows to eye lashes. It's getting difficult to concentrate on his laptop. He thinks to change his sitting from the table to some where else, where he can get a bit comfort or near a fan. When he stands up, his look goes to the Salman Khan poster on the wall. He is astonished. His eyes go to another pic of khushi and Salman and a palanquin in between. He smiles derisively, he is not jealous. He knows she is crazy and  this crazy girl always makes him smile like this. But soon he will replace Salman, though his pic has already embedded in Khushi's heart permanently. She just can't show it as he hates her now. Or moreover, you hot workaholic how will you know about phangirls ? We fan girls even make our hero our husband clandestinely. Like, you are my husband..hehe. 

Soha I knew it what will u feel about this pic .

Bua and amma sneak in the room, but go back seeing him working. they just can't disturb their haughty son in law. But Arnav is the damad now, he is not shrewd ASR any more. He calls bua, guessed it can be her. Bua is tizzy. Feigning innocence she tells him that some people came to meet him. Arnav misunderstands the visitors as AC guys. Bua becomes flabbergasted to see his enthusiasm to meet the people who are not AC guys, but their over inquisitive neighbors.

Arnav comes out from his room and becomes stupefied to see three elderly ladies there. khushi is bewildered as well, how bua and amma could avert him from his work!

An involuntary what the comes out from his mouth. The oldest lady can't understand what he said. So khushi interprets his what the like this,

"What the matlab, hume inhe pehchante nahi hai. Hume pehchan karao."

(I don't know them. Pls introduce me with them)

I was laughing to see her satire. Her sense of humor is superb.

Bua, amma and the guests get delighted to know that. Khushi makes him sit and introduces him with the ladies who all are bua's friends. With annoyance he says her that "pata hai"

"pata nahi lata, kusum lata." πŸ˜†

ASR anger pulsates more to see her sarcastic jibe.

Khushi introduces her husband with endearing authority,  "Aur yeh hamari woh" 

The ladies get enamored to see his roop, "kitna sundar larka hai." Bua becomes delighted and adds proudly that he is the nandkissore. ASR is really feeling uncomfortable at so much accolade. He wants to go back to his work. But Khushi will not let him escape so easily. She pushes him back in the sit, she is having so much fun. 

"ye thodi sharmilee kisimke hai.'

What a wrong delineation; ASR who makes people tremulous in fear is shy! But his social niceties surprised me. ASR is sitting in the middle of all middle class ladies and letting them having conversation with him. khushi really changed him a lot. 

I loved this scene for so many reasons and compared it to Khushi's mun Dikhaye but one thing was clear Buaji's was defending her Babua way too much like a mother and the question that you will keep her happy , Khushi gives answer not him as he doesn't believe in marriage at all so seven lives or happy forever isn't his case.

In this whole scene Bua's sharmilee expression was a treat to watch. πŸ˜†

"He is good looking but does he have any education?"

The old lady asks a very important question. But it hurts ASR's ego the lady asks him whether he studied till ten grade! He gives a bewildered expression,

"I completed my MBA from Harvard."

The ladies don't have any idea where is Harvard, they think it's Haridwar, where people usually go for religious studies. Bua stands for her favorite son in law, he studied business and he is the owner of big factories, thousands of people work under him. The old lady wants to compete now, her Lallan also has a big shop and ten people work under him. A spook of little boy gets inside ASR now, how this granny can insult him like this, he says in a quick repartee,

"Not a single shop, but I have chain of industries." πŸ€£πŸ˜†

"Shop of chain!."  The ladies are flabbergasted.

Khushi corrects them in pronto, not shop of chains, but chain of shops. The ladies are so happy for Khushi now, "bohoti achcha larka mila hai khushiko. (khushi got such a good husband)'

They all stand up to come closer to Arnav. Granny pulls his cheek, "very handsome guy." Arnav gets scared to see that the lady leans on him and gives him a kiss on his forehead and blesses him as well,

"Joog joog jeo beta."

He wipes his forehead with irritation. He reminds me of my little nephew here. Every time I kiss him on his cheek, he wipes it with disgust. aww that is so sweet , your nephew must be a cutie😊

The other lady gives Khushi some money to buy him some itra.

"itra, he likes itra a lot, specially in hannky."

Arnav gives her a glacial stare. πŸ˜Š

Before leaving the old lady ask him will he keep her happy ?

He answers with annoyance "whatever."

The old lady can't understand the meaning of whatever, so his interpreter wife Khushi translate it from her point of view,

"It means life long, he will keep me happy."

Can I assume it as Khushi's secret wish! He is the man of her love and she clandestinely wished to be with him for eternity. But never dared to express it to him. And now the situation has become so complicated that they can't even think properly.

The elderly woman again blesses them beatifically to live long, "janam janamtar tum dono sath rahe, you should be together for this life and  all the lives ahead."

To hear the blessing Arnav and Khushi both look at each other with a jolt. In the recent events they forgot that this was just a contract marriage of six months. This janam janamtar thing embroils both of them.

Everybody left, arnav and Khushi are alone in the living room. That elderly woman's blessing is still reverberating in their mind. They start to walk in different direction, but  look back to see each other. Her words made deep impact in both of their minds. With her heart pounding painfully, she fixedly stares at him, a million confused, chaotic thoughts running berserk in her head. Arnav is also in embroilment. Their feeling for each other what was buried inside their heart incites them. A sudden deluge of indecipherable yet powerful emotions washes across their heart, leaving it aching with a gentle melancholy in it's wake. They ebb in the abyss of thought, where there is so much pain, so much confusion, so much animosity, so much contempt, but so much suppressed love and care. 

How much she wants this to be true but he is still hesitant to keep that promise but later he will do whatever to make that promise alive  

Anjali is showing Babli some baby's pics of different age in mom's womb. Babli knows it all that the baby will be born in nine months. Anjlai gets surprised at her cognition.

Akash comes then from office. As usual Babli gets jovial to see him. She gets more delectable to see the gift in his hand, she thinks it's for her. She runs in to get the surprise gift what she prepared for Akash. Akash actually got the gift for Payal on their first month marriage anniversary. When Babli comes back with her surprise gift, Anjali tells her to leave them alone. Babli abominates to see Akash wishes Payal and giving her the gift.

Pause: Arnav didn't bring any gift for khushi on their first month marriage anniversary, but they both got the pure blessings from an elderly woman as a precious gift. One more thing what amuses me, is the good heart of this middle class people. In Khushi's mooh dekhai instead of blessings she got loathsome remarks from some shabby women. And today in Arnav's satirical mooh dekhai he got only blessings and good wishes. 

Yes as compared to Payesh ,Arhi received blessings and they are among the ppl not alone 

A big truck comes in Laxminagar makes everybody flummoxed. They are looking for Arnav Singh Raizada's house. The neighbors who were just coming back from Arnav's mooh dekhai get surprised to see the AC in the truck. They bring the AC people to buaji's house. They are assuming that Madhumati's rich son in law is taking care of  their family. These middle class neighbors assume too much. Arnav also comes there to hear the door bell. The gupta ladies are ambiguous what's happening. Arnav says Khushi that he is just putting an AC,  it's not a big issue, when he will leave, everybody can use it. Without much ado he goes inside the room to instruct the people where to put the AC. Khushi gets upset and so as bua. Amma is rather in an understanding state.

The Gupta ladies come inside the room. The technician is doubtful that whether this old house can take the load of the split AC! Arnav berates them and tells them to do their job. Amma retorts the technician that the wall is strong enough to bear the load.

"The house is old but strong like me." bua says in painstaking voice. Bua is feeling humiliated that they couldn't give Arnav the comfort, so he had to provide his own comfort.Amma tries to meliorate the situation, saying that it's alright; he is not used to with our life style. The guy passes him his towel and toiletries, what makes Arnav more embarrassed.

"actually I have a habit to use my product." He is rueful.

I'm amused again, where is the arrogant ASR? From when he started to care so much?

"It's ok son, if you feel good then I'm happy." Bua tries to alleviate his mood.

Bingo and that kind a unconditional love can melt him because seeing Guptas who have only one thing in their mind ...his happiness...he will always be here in search for that and he will be Buaji's Arnav Babua...

Khushi resents to see her amma and bua hurt. Why so much fuss, she should feel happy that he is trying to adapt, and that is plausible. I also can't blame her as she is too sensitive with her family. No matter what she can't see them hurt.  When she tries to speak, both amma and bua try to make her feel good. Amma says they are fine with the change, he also adjusted the change when she started to stay with him. khushi becomes woebegone to recollect how he threw out from his room on the wedding night. So she didn't forget the pain, so am I. Khushi comes in the room and Arnav looks at her ruefully. 

It is obvious their ego was hurt but seeing him being happy like this , they were fine later. 

Khushi disgruntles to see the change in her room. She looks at his towels, toiletries, AC, laptop; the room is now filled with Arnav's stuffs. She thinks he took a revenge, because she changed his room as her wish. But she did it without hurting anybody's feelings. And here he made everybody upset. She wanted to edify him the life of common people. And now he is trying to make this his favorite imaginary world. All feelings of anger and rancor seeps out from her heart; what he tried to show by changing bua's house, that how they live. How dare he insult bua and amma. She starts to throw his stuffs on the floor in anger. She grumbles,

Arnav Singh Raizda, hum apko zindegi ka path parhakai dum lenge. Now I'll teach you a lesson that you will remember whole life."

A fire of retribution ignites inside her. but the good thing is, she again puts his stuffs back on the table.

Pause: I don't know what wrong he did. First of all Khsuhi should appreciate that he came to stay with her, whether their marriage is just a contract marriage. If he wants to make his stay comfortable, then what's wrong with it. My mom told me, when I first visited India, my dad bought AC for my aunt's home so that we kids could live there comfortably. Why sensible Khushi couldn't understand that the things what he brought is his necessities. I also take my towels and toiletries when we go somewhere. I never use other people's stuff and like ASR I also have the habit to use the product of my favorite brand. 

lol, seriously Soha, you are mini ASR.That was not the case , the thing is for middle class ppl their self respect is everything  and he is not their relative , he is Damamd and all ...Very fragile relationship... 

Arnav comes in the room, the mosquitoes are troubling him. The first thing he said to her in baiting tone, that he doesn't want to sleep on the bed with her. khushi is nonchalant, just grabs things from the armoire. He asks her, is there any sofa?

"nahi hai. And there is no extra bedding. Moreover you can't sleep on the floor, because you must not want the rat eats up your hair." 

"What" he is scared to hear about chuhoka nashta. πŸ˜†

"chuhe, raat bhar idhar udar gumte rehte hai, barha udham machete hai." She frightens him more by demonstrating how the rats trouble them at night.

"Ok then I'll sleep in my car."  He moves towards the door.

"Ok sleep then, but get your answer prepared when amma and bua will ask you. Moreover, whole day you proved that you are the son in law of the family. And the rest you are smart enough to understand"

Khushi's pragmatic words make Arnav stay back. But the mosquitoes are troubling him so much. khushi is frustrated, she wishes, if he was not allergic to mosquito coil. It's good to see that in spite of her anger, she still thought about his health.( I saw the characteristic of my mom in her. My mom sometimes perks up like this, but never forgets to care us.) She gets a mosquito killing racket and starts to play with it.  Arnav is stupefied, what she is doing! She says the racket doesn't have enough charge otherwise it will be killer of mosquitoes.

"What the hell are you saying."

Aww how cutely he said this to his half mad wife. πŸ˜†

Khushi looks at him with bewilderment, because a mosquito is sitting right on his nose. She attempts to hit it with the racket "tere itni himmat ASRki nakpe."

Fortunately ASR bends down before she can hit him. I remember how he gone mad, when last time she hit him on his cheek. 

"Are you gone crazy?"

"A mosquito was on your nose."

"Let's turn on the AC. The heat and mosquito both will go away."

"Yours AC, yours towel, do whatever you like."  Khushi replies quizzically.

Arnav turns on the AC and sighs a relief, "I'll sleep on the left side." He just can't finish his words and "boom". The electricity is gone.

"haire nadkissore, how the light turned out?"

Arnav is dumbfounded, what a predicament situation, he has fallen into! Khushi opens the window and sees that the whole colony is out of power.

"poore moholleki batti gul."

Nice one Sohara , 

Lovely gifs up there.I loved the comparison of these mun dikhaye...and the description of your problem with having him ACπŸ˜†...u r too cute.

My comments are in the middle.
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

I tried searching for this promo couldn't find it. πŸ˜”

here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAxqGkFIKf4

Thank you Faiqa for going and finding it for me πŸ€—
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: MehreenB

Rhea πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

241, Good point she always wanted to be with this man who is everything to her.But one thing was sure he was not jumping to conclusion.His seeing her here in GH and connecting the dots is changing his view in many ways.The things he never took granted and no one even had a courage to go any extent with him and at the top he let them be in their senses without throwing his rain of rage at them was impossible but in Khushi's case it is becoming his habit.He enjoys that and adores that.That is called moving forward in understanding just like she understood right away something is bothering him and she is the cause which as always gives her more pain.

Thank you Mehereen. That last line.. I could really feel Khushi's helplessness to see Arnavji so sad, in so much pain. And also added sadness in her because she understood that she was the cause of sadness. She really tried to reach out to him in that scene. Forgot her pain seeing his. Just as she will do later on as well like you mentioned previously.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Episode-235
taekwondo in slumber

The power of Laminagar went off because of the new machine. "the load is gone up." The electrician said this to the colony people. The whole vicinity is outside to check why the power suddenly went off. The culprit is none but madhumati's damad's new AC. They all come to bua's house to query. Arnav and Khushi also come to hear the door bell. Poor Arnav  bumps with object in the small dark house. Bua is apologetic, what she can do as the son in law put the AC. Khushi's mohollewale seems very generous people. They let it go, after all he is the the damad of the moholla. But khushi is grumbling in anger, because of laad governor the whole vicinity is suffering. Arnav wants to mend his unintentional mistake by calling somebody to fix. But khushi refutes, "the electrician said it will be fixed by morning."

Bua and amma are giving him solution how to handle the heat. Bua even wants to fan him. haww buaji, I'm suspecting your intention; I know you like younger guys. How can I forget your infatuation to NK! Just kidding.

"keep the window open, cool breeze will come and you will not feel the heat." Amma is so endearing to her son like damad.

Arnav is getting more embarrassed at this two caring lady's concern. "I'm fine."

bua tells Khushi to burn the mosquito coil. khushi quips, the mosquito coil will rather make him mute than kill mosquitoes. Arnav glares at khushi angrily at her sarcastic jibe. Khushi is going to fan babuji and wishes to sleep after that. Amma goes to get mosquito net for them. Amma is taking care of Arnav more than Khushi.

The gulabi machchardani is hanged on the bed. Arnav is checking it with annoyance. The business tycoon, who used to live his life like a celebrity, who always was surrounded by journalists and media people, has ended up with pink mosquito net in a very middle class house of a very middle class neighborhood of Delhi, where there is no power and heat and mosquitoes are killing him. God damn, why did he agree to come here? Obviously because of the girl whom he hates but actually can't live without. By the way why the journalists are not chasing him any more!

Khushi enters the room, still grumbling,

"Jaise karni waise bharni."

To see him get troubled by the mosquitoes she banters,

"It looks like the mosquitoes here have sugar disease so that it's not sparing you."

Arnav eyes is turbid with anger. She says him not to get worried as the mosquito net has been put, so the mosquitoes will not bother him. She picks the mosquito killing racket to kill the mosquitoes. But she can't use it, as it couldn't be charged. She accuses Arnav

"your AC sucked off all the power. but I'll not kill mosquitoes for you whole night"

Khushi notices that Arnav is not listening to her rather parting the bed by rolling a thin bed sheet. Khushi is flummoxed what he is doing.

Neither you will come to this side, nor I'll go over that side.'

Aww my angry ASR is just like a little kid. I was guffawing to see that thin barrier on that small bed. Anybody will cross that line in sleep. I guess he himself is scared to sleep with her, whether he can control his libido or not. So that is a self warning I assume. khushi seems nonchalant. She is not getting scared of sleeping with him. I wonder where her dhakdhak gone? So far I remember his nearness used to make her heart rates go haywire.

The barrier looks funny to her and she jeers him sarcastically,

"Humari aisi jarrat ki hum laxman rekha, maaf ki jiye arnav rekha paar kare."

"maaf kiya"  how cute he sounded!

Next war is on pala, I mean side.                                                                                

"This is my side."

"But I always sleep on this side."

Now khushi gotta chance to fight,

"According to the direction, your house is on the north side and mine is on the west. If you consider that then you have to sleep outside under the tree with pigeons. This is my house, my bed and my side. You just get up." She tells him in a baiting tone, almost  imperative like ASR now. perfect wife of ASR.

Arnav is infuriating at his insolent words,

"Right, at home where I can get a chance to sleep on my bed?."

"bechare chottey." Khushi incites him quizzically.

"shut up, I'll sleep on this side only."

Khushi renders and goes to other side. Arnav gets scared, what she is going to do. this crazy girl is so unpredictable!  Khushi acquiescently begs him,

"parti paremshwar how can I refute you, you sleep that side and I'll sleep on this side."

Finally two quarrelsome kids go to bed. As soon as Arnav lies down the bed makes a crackle sound.

"What the, from where this sound is coming?"

"My side of bed makes sound."

"of course your side of bed, how can keep quiet."  Arnav teases her with a quick repartee. I always love ASR's sense of humor.

Khushi gets up from lying and defends the bed, "don't insult my buaji's bed. it's made with teak wood and it has been with buaji for last 50 years."

"Yeah I can see how old it is" he derides.

They are lying in their designated place in the bed. After a while the taekwondo attack starts on Arnav. First her creamy hand flails on his chest. He is livid, moves her hand in a jerk. The next attack is straight on his special place with her knee. He must be chanting "what the" inwardly. He straightens her up and moves as far as possible, almost in the edge of the bed. I guess his libido is instigating him after her hit on the right point. Now her supple leg and eventually her lissome body is all over him, completely oblivious of the Arnav rekha. Oops I forgot, how one can think in sleep! Her face crumples in irritation, cause he is not letting him sleep in her taekwondo style. His temper is rising. As much as he is trying to push her away, she is climbing over him more. In one point she pushes him so far with her butt that he has to hold the head board to prevent falling. This time he also gives her a hard push with his bum. Twisting, turning, wavering, rolling over, rotating like a clock, kicking, gyrating, all sorts of movement of Khushi continues whole night. And poor man keeps protecting him from her attack. Along with Khushi's dancing and prancing in slumber, the funny music in the background makes me fall flat on the floor. ASR needs to use some ahem technique to make her taekwondo queen inert in her place.

I guess Arnav fall asleep in the wee hour of the morning after defending himself from all sort of taekwondo attack. He wakes up first in the morning and gets irritated to see her leg over him. He moves her leg away in anger. When he gets to brushes off her hand what is clutching his shirt, his look goes to her angelic face. Seeing her beautiful face erases all vestige of anger away. He holds her hand stares at her with his breath ragged and his eyes alit with a soft glow. How beautiful and innocent she looks and like a small child how she clutches his shirt in her dormant state, as if she wants to be protected by him. it certainly proves the intrigue connection between them. Khushi always clutches his shirt like this even in unconscious state. When after falling down from the cliff, Arnav got scared when she didn't hold his shirt.

His heart softens with tender love for this crazy girl, who is a swindler in his eyes.. He just can't remove her hand from his shirt. Seeing her movement he veers his look to the other side. Khushi slowly opens her eyes; her gazes falters to see her position. Arnav is also is in tizzy whether she saw him admiring her or not. Khushi moves away her hand, fidgets tries to fix her dupatta. An awkward silence for a moment. Arnav breaks the silence first,

"I couldn't sleep the whole night."

Khushi looks at him ruefully, "I always sleep like this."

"Oh really! I never saw you sleep like this before."

"How do you know? We never slept together on a bed before."

Both look at each other with embarrassment. Coyness engulfs them. Arnav escapes. 

The power didn't come back yet. He is feeling hot. He picks his shoes and goes out. Khushi hears him addressing Garimaji aunty, telling her that he is going for a jog. Khushi screams from inside,

"amma kahiye naa." She smiles mischievously to see the time. She murmurs 8:20 and jogging. Sure she contrived something.

The morning of Laxminagar is rife with the handsome man's presence. The ambiance is fervent, cause he is looking devastating, jogging in his sports wear. He meets the men of the moholla who also are exercising. Arnav greets them good morning. They tell him to join them,

"no thanks I'm good."

credit goes to the maker

Khushi who was roaming around in the mohalla reaches there with her effervescent smile. She translates his words for him

"ye kehe rahe ki yeh theek hai."

"so we are not bad also." One guy gives him a heavy exercise bar to use it.

If you are a man then use it."

Arnav refutes and prefers to jog instead. Khushi sees the time and think to procrastinate him for a while. She quips to spare him, " look, he can't even hold it properly, he won't be able to do it." she looks at him sardonically.

"Aab ayega uth paharke niche, aur uthi paharpe charke baithe."

Arnav looks at her with darting eyes. Khushi comes near him and tell him, it's fine if he can't do it. He must continue his jog. That is enough to incite him to show his mardangi. He has to prove his wife, how strong he is. He unzipped his jacket to take it off and strides away in a confident gait. He starts to rotate the bar holding it in upper position. He continues it with both of his hand. His ripping muscles of his biceps and shoulder are bulging out with his every movement. How perfectly shaped body he got or he made. Along with his every muscle movement Khushi's eyes are also popping out in bewilderment. My condition is worse than Khushi I guess. How could she underestimate ASR's strength! ASR's BG music intensifies along with the extra drum beat. To see his skill and strength one guy comments,

"woh ustadji yeh to majre hue khiladi. Yeh to saab kuch kar sakte hai."

Khushi's chatter box comes to a complete halt to see her hot husband's skill. She gasps inaudibly. She swallows hard, alarmed by the sudden racing of her heart that is pounding mercilessly against her ribcage and almost takes her breath away. The elder man tells Khushi to give him water, as he is sweating a lot. Arnav stares at her with confidence. He comes near her and she gives her a glass of water to drink. Arnav gives her the heavy bar to hold. Khushi almost bents down because of the heavy weight of the bar.

"leave it Khushi. you won't be able to hold." Said Arnav with his  caramel eyes agleam with humor. He takes the bar from her hand. Instead of drinking the water he pours it on his face. khushi stares at him amusingly. I think he needed to cool down, cause whole night he must got high by her sexy wife's attack. He shakes his head to drop the extra water. his hair is helter skelter, he swishes his wet hair and some droplets of water comes on Khushi's face, makes her cool along with him. There must be million butterflies miraculously appeared in her stomach and slowly fluttering their wings. Cause I also have the same things going inside my stomach.

Just loved to see her affect on her handsome husband.

Arnav is ready to go home. But Khushi has to delay him more. So she tells him to go inside the house from back door, as the floor will be dirty with the mud of his shoes.

In RM mami and Babli are sitting together. Payal comes there with a doll. Babli who was watching her laptop gets annoyed to see Payal.

"I don't like doll. I'm  not a baby."

Payal says her meekly that if she watches the laptop so much, her beautiful eyes will go bad. Babli retaliates sternly that she should not act like her mother, cause she is not. Mami appreciates her insolence so much. She thinks she is 9 years old, but she is actually like her, junior Manoroma. Uff mamiji you are absolutely right, your niece are mean and jealous like you. Mami indirectly tells Payal to leave and she leaves with a heavy heart.

Back in GH Arnav and Khushi are back in home. Amma asks him whether he needs anything. Arnav says he just needs to shower. When he addresses her aunty, Khushi again frets, "amma kahi na.". Naturally it acerbates Arnav. amma gives her a punch on her arm. He goes toward the bathroom. bua comes out from there, singing. Seeing him soaked, bua thought he took a bath already with the well water.

"no it's sweat, I exercised."

Bua is feeling bad for him, the heat is too much, he must having problem. She tells him whether she should put two drops of oil in the water! Arnav says he is fine. Again bua stops him to warn to open the faucet lightly, otherwise it can break. Khushi is exulting, cause bua is doing her job of delaying him. bua is about to warn him about the time, khushi doesn't let her speak and tells her to check the daal and she goes inside the bathroom to grab bua's cloth. Again she delays.

khushi do fast" his handsome features marred by intense anger.

"I'm doing fast, don't you see so much clothes!"

Arnav is so annoyed that even ready to carry bua's used clothes. Though she refutes, but eventually passes him the cloths. She is exultant, because she made him do the cheapest work of carrying bua's dirty clothes and he is doing everything as per her instruction. I swear I wished to strangle Khushi! and ASR's endurance surprised me.

Pause: Why Arnav is using common bathroom? So far I remember there is an attached bathroom with Khushi's room. Remember the day after Payash's engagement. Arnav came in their bedroom and Khushi pulled him inside the bathroom thought it was Payal!

After listening to all her frothy talk, when he finally goes inside the bathroom, she again delays him,

"I need soap to wash clothes."

"so" his anger is sky high now.. She is looking for the soap what is kept in the bathroom, where her hand will not reach, so she needs his help. She looks at the time, it's not 9:30 yet. So she has to procrastinate for longer time. She is fickling what container she needs. Arnav gave her all of them. "our rule of the house is to keep the things on it's place." She gives him back the rest of the container. It's not 9:30 yet. So she needs to delay him more. She now starts to say, how he should use the faucet. Her muddle thought is dementing  him now.

"khushi go and let me take a bath." Khushi finally spares him, feigning innocence. He sees that his body wash is open and lying on the floor. Khushi again pretends, "might fallen by mistake, while taking the clothes."

Arnav gives her a loathsome look as if he will eat her up. And Khushi the menace deserves a slap now.

gifs credit goes to tumblr.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=B-MiPK-Rer4[/YOUTUBE]

credit goes to SmitaR

Edited by sohara - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 240

"arre inhone toh generator theek kiya toh yeh mixie aur radio kya cheez hai?"

this guy fixed the generator... so what's a mixie or a radio to him.

in the middle of a wedding we went to a strange place called the raizada repair centre where khushi set up a situation that compelled asr to repair all the dud contraptions of mohalla lakshminagar.

despite fairly decent acting by all in the train jaisi lambi queue and even a bit of asr flirting and deal making with the suddenly very flat and strident wife, i didn't really connect to the moments. Yup. And I was also a little confused why she wanted him to do it so much that she was willing to do things for him. The buying soap etc was supposed to be funny still she was actually offering him so much. But why do all this just to get him to work? was it because people had lined up?

just a thought in my head. he could repair everything under the sun, but alas not the one thing that needed only his touch to heal and be whole again. a very broken heart belonging to a rather too loudly happy and laughing girl. Broken things.. I mention this in my 241 that he couldn't repair his but Preetos wedding he is going to fix.

soon enough it was time to slip on cow dung and look suitably chastised in middle class milieu learning all about how the good people on the other side of life live. πŸ˜† at your sarcastic best Indi di sorry, but had shyam suddenly kidnapped gautam hegde, ved raj, and whoever else was writing the script so he could niftily kill off asr without having to actually abduct him and take care of his boarding and lodging for almost a month? it's expensive to keep tycoons after all. 🀣this entire track did all it could to finish off the arrogant devil in white shirt and dark waistcoat who was the dhakdhak in a girl's acidity. suddenly everything about him had to be changed... it was perfectly fine to be completely insensitive to his needs, make him do all sorts of strange things, take off his clothes as and when whoever pleased πŸ˜•, get him wet and gleefully laugh at the thought of swooning girls and climbing trp , and in a fit of self righteousness even remove bits of his dimaag so he doesn't say, "shut up! seat belt!" get into the suv and drive off with his wife to his castle. πŸ‘

really i can't believe i just sat through all the episodes and found things to like in them even. honest confession... i did it for barun. not because he is drop dead gorgeous... well then i'd be watching baat with rapt attention again and again too... also shraddha. no, that was not the reason, though oh yes, he looked ab kya boloon.

but really it was because, no matter what, he kept asr alive and keeping. and in subtle well thought out ways... because frankly the script was not helping one bit. the little stylish gestures, the slightly aloof air, the flecks of temper or impatience or just plain dimaag amid too cutesy stuff. even when he was melting at the attention and pampering by aunty and bua ji, he was always asr. exactly

while repairing, errant locks of hair fell forward, hair mussed uff. and an air of concentration perfectly called up... uff again.

during the somewhat forced funny scene with bua ji and blue tooth, again i thought how does such a slight thin guy move with such presence. pure animal grace on screen. the camera loves barun sobti, can't blame it.

then i watched gobar, found asr... lotus in muck. just look at him.

the shot above gorgeous!

"
don't even say a word!" said the wounded man to his heartlessly grinning wife. what a time this fellow is having...

she mimed the whole shall i wash you down with a hose thing... like that day in shantivan when he had said they wouldn't speak to each other again. the only difference i loved it then..

"whattt!" sexy anger.

she smiled, she loves to be shouted at by him i am convinced now. πŸ€£

she sprayed him with the hose, and he just let her... somehow just used to the madness now, quick learner... and as he watched her laugh and giggle that familiar thing happened... hey hey... watching her being khushi he could let go from within, get lost and fall in love again and again... asr still has no idea this is love, this is just faraq that refuses to go away.

as in all episodes, writers mixed comedy with action with a spot of drama, life like mix of the various moods and tones of existence.

she is dressed in wedding finery again... last time she had become the dulhan, though she had no idea that would be the case. she tells her sad friend, the dukhan this evening... forget all else, today is your life's biggest and most beautiful day. this is khushi. she has always believed in marriage, in the wedding day being the most significant day of one's life...
remember her speech to Lavanya? And also that scene during Anjali's anniversary party. All this is for the outside world. For the two of you only the love matters. She would love everything to do with the wedding but I believe Khushi would have been perfectly happy with only a loving husband and no month long ceremonies.

she gets involved, she revels in her task, she wants the bride to be beautiful, that is the right of a bride... "hum usko aur bhi saja denge..." she had said, i'll deck her up even more.

no one had dressed her up that night. an important ritual, "sajana". looking beautiful as a woman ready to accept a man into her life, dressing up for him, is a very important part of the wedding customs, always a lot of fuss about who is doing the bride's make up, etc., these days it's parlours, once it was aunts, cousins and friends. and some giggling and gossip over this happy task.

the friends asked khushi if she remembered the day of her wedding.

lagta hai purane din yaad aa gaye, apne shadi ke din yaad kar rahi ho na?

khushi was smiling... he had walked in and was gazing at her... in his hands bua ji's machine, this time he has done the right thing and insisted he'd take it.

in a second her smile began to contract, a strain of music reminded her of things...

he watched, tense.

a helpless girl stood before a man who wouldn't listen to anything. a man she loved... he thrust a mangalsutra around her neck.

tell us, khushi, chimed the friends. "bata do, khushi," even preeto wanted to know... there was only one thing to do.

she lied.

she made up a story of the wedding finery she had possibly detailed and executed in her mind many times.

"hamara lehenga bhi kuch aisa tha, lekin poora laal nahin tha... hara bhi tha... hamara man pasand rang... khile bahar ki tarah,"

my lehenga was a bit like this, but not all red, with a touch of my favourite colour, green...

he listened knowing what he had tried not to know maybe: how much he had devastated that laughing girl with this one act of his...

he had been convinced there was no other way. maybe he realised she would be hurt... but like this? and the impact it would have on him?

"kaano mein jhoomke halke toh nahin the, lekin unpe kaam bahut baarik tha... zara si bhi hawa chalti... toh awaz karti..."

the birdcage earrings were not light but the work on them was very delicate, the slightest breeze, and they'd make a noise...

he swallowed... this was reaching him and falling all over his being. he was getting drenched again. this time by the tears trapped in a girl's heart.. that she is trying all she can to rein in... 

he had fallen perhaps in a really murky mess, rotten and stinking... maybe the only thing that would wash it all away and make him pristine again are a girls innocent, untainted, true tears.

"haatho mein chooriya aise bhari hui... ke hamari kalai nazar hi nahina aa rahi thi..."

bangles covered my arms so that i could barely see my wrist.

"payron mein khoob ghungroo wali payal jo har kadam par chhanchanati thi..."

on my feet payal with many bells that rang and jingled at every step...

friends are looking dreamy eyed. such a lovely picture this girl paints. her voice poised and full of grace... sanaya's forte these scenes with that voice touched by a timeless quality. mellifluous, pure, completely free of anything dark.

he watches, a sadness invading him and swallows again.

"aur maathe par? chaand sa sundar teeka..."

and on my forehead? a teeka as lovely as the moon.

she was as pretty as a moonbeam bathed night tonight...   she sure is. reached out and touched my soul. I could feel all the dreams of that 18 year old. 

as she completed her picture, looked as though he was visualising her like that... just like that. as if he wanted to see her like that... his beautiful bride. boo hoo

"humne pallu kuch aisa dala hua tha"... i had taken my pallu like this, she goes on to help her friend again.

a serene calm in the room, the bride is getting ready, the mood is  concentrating.

the friends wished she had called them to the wedding, they would have seen her all dressed up. innocent girl chatter, a bit giggly, spreading light happy love.

anguish marks her face...

she was getting ready to save the moment with another lie, when she saw him in the mirror... with his load, with his despair in wretched eyes... his lips looking more asymmetrical than usual, something very emotional and intense in that.

she looked on not knowing what to say and he too... just a sadness, an immense sadness. in him something even greater, a burden. a burden much heavier than what he carried. once bua ji and khushi had lugged  a trunk and a load... today, his turn. nice connection..reminds me of Faiqa's article..

rabba ve... the mournful heavy call came from two hearts... some things cannot be said... he only suffered when he thought of that night. she did too and she had no idea why it had to be so, she had perhaps started dreaming of a very different night by then.

he turned away first, he couldn't keep looking at her...

he deposited the machine and turned to go, but he did have to turn back once, just once.

her eyes were full of tears now.

he remembered what he'd said... shadi karni hogi... mujhse... abhi (on an exhale, the "i" floating out to the skies). you have to marry... me... now. otherwise i won't let your sister's wedding go through.

and she recalled him dragging her up the stairs, flinging her, sindoor on her parting... rabba vey.

two conversations really... one over gobar, that makes things pure, and a spray of water that cleans away... the other over a sadness that nothing might ever wash away... not even the tears that welled in her eyes. and was there a sheen of moisture in his too?

thank g for bua jis and ammas and their gentle innocent fussing. they save our world from going insane keeping it firmly balanced with a hold of unrestrained love... did they ever finally make that pasta a la baccha makai yani ki baby koren.

and really blue tooth does look like hearing aid, i am on bua ji's side on this one, hai re nand k.

I finished reading and the last part had me also serene and calm and sad after that slightly not too great episode. Just like the atmosphere you describe. Beautiful writing.. the last part is the starting of the unraveling of all the hidden hurt, sadness, pain. And after a long time could instinctively feel for Khushi.. lovely lines throughout your take Indi di.
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

but  alas...

this too shall pass!

Wow Indu, this is so so beautiful. How beautifully you've described the scene. Music flowing in those words. Loved it. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘