Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 240 

The entire population of Lakshmi Nagar is queuing up to get broken old junk fixed by the great Arnav Singh Raizada. How our shows like to exaggerate sometimes! All this is in retaliation to his declaration that Arnav Singh Raizada can do anything.  He who was used to shouting out orders and having people cowering in front of him has finally met his match in this spontaneous crazy loving girl. She dares to challenge ASR, whenever he gets too complacent with himself. Makes Arnav see his mistakes, shows him how the world thinks and lives, even manages to thaw the icy exterior and reach the mushy soft interior. Basically turns his world upside down and he can't get enough of her.

Everyone is still waiting while khushi tries her best to get her husband to do the work. She is actually willing to buy body wash, let him sleep on the bed to get him to do this. Ever pragmatic he reasons out that he can go shopping himself and of course he doesn't want her sleeping away from him. His shatir dimag is on an overdrive.  She should have made better offers which he would have had no chance to resist. "Main jo chahta hun tum wo karogi?", while holding her gaze and taking those deliberate steps towards her.  How they like to play with our not so innocent imaginations! She stutters and he has that hint of a smile on his countenance. Alas nothing like what I hoped does the raizada repair center owner propose.. Instead Arnavji wants to go back to shantivan.  Deal or no deal, right now. If he leaves all his clients this speechless and charmed no wonder he is this most successful business man at this young age. He is fixing everything. She stands smiling enjoying this opportunity to get an unrestricted view and valid excuse to look at her competent, handsome, sweaty, tired husband. ha ha that might be the only reason i'd make peace with this scene, if khushi set it up so she could treat him as the eye candy he absolutely is... love your choice of words, unrestricted view... oh i could do with a bit of that. but otherwise though i did sort of connect the scene in some way to the story, frankly the whole thing had an element of farce and cutesy that never works well with me haw. though i do love mami ji and she the queen of farce. but she a very consummate makeupia touchupiya madam, not amateurish in her craft. Even in the middle of being very busy he does not forget to glare at this jhalli letting her know she is always there in his thoughts.

"Makai ka bachcha ..ka natak hai sasura".. Haha buaji's expressions and amma's hand movements. Awesome! How hard they are trying to do all they can for damaadji. And this time it is not merely out of duty or fear but out of lots of affection for the dear boy. Immensely enjoyable scene as they try to cook something which they know he likes to eat. Taiji the man is already extremely intelligent! Only his wife can get him into these situations. I love how buaji in all her directness announces that her son in law is a priceless diamond , owner of chain of industries and should not be treated as a mechanic. She scares and throws all the neighbors out. She is also smart enough to catch on the eye movements of babua. Sanka devi gets her ears pulled and a telling off on how to treat her husband. He is your husband, treat him with respect and dignity... "lihaaz karo".. And he looks from behind like a kid who has managed to complain to the teacher and get his best friend rightfully scolded. 

In their fights they quite often forget the external eyes watching their relationship. He has no qualms in ignoring the crowd as he picks her in his arms in a mandir or letting his employees get the impression he is proposing an illicit affair to get her home. And she will not think twice before barging unannounced into meetings or making him do all this crazy stuff in her house. Being slightly more mature he does set right some misunderstandings, slapping the demeaning employee an example, while she usually doesn't even bother doing that. Their own private world. Their own rules. Their very own game of love which bars them from expressing what is truly in their heart but still ensures that both emerge winners.

I don't mind five minutes of screen time to look at Barun's posture, gestures while listening to his grave concentrating voice. neither do i neither do i. A bit senile buaji follows him apologizing, pacifying.  "nai buaji".. Oh he is being patient and loving as he tries to explain to buaji what a bluetooth is. I can imagine Aman biting back laughter on the other end. Stylish rolling of his hands heart attack and swoon. as he walks away. And then after this almost aristocratic elegance we have to endure the next scene as well...

The problem is some things just don't feel right with a character. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘  supremely well said. just doesn't go with his character. i loved the towel dance... because something in it showed asr's chutzpah, his ability to floor, to make anyone crave and capitulate... but this? Like the towel dance, I can't bear him slipping on cow dung. The shudder, exasperation that follows makes me forget this is a character penned down on paper. I get indignant on behalf of the suave Arnav and am mortified that he has to bear everyone gaping at him in this state. Absolutely possible to slip and fall and be covered in dirt for anyone. It is just that this is happening to Mr Raizada and his wife unfazed enjoys on, that makes me squirm while watching. yes and yes. She even manages to irritate him further by gesturing and not talking when he angrily warns her, "don't say a word". There is a certain sense of insensitivity that makes this scene awkward for me me too, the first time i saw it i screamed senselessly for almost an hour. it was ridiculous the whole thing. this time i came prepared and looked just at a man who must and can deal with anything. i also saw how suavely asr turned the entire attention to his gorgeous taking in of his rather insensitive wife. doesn't care, does he, at all... no matter what she does or doesn't do, he can't not feel things for her. you are a harlot? come, let me marry you. you gave me a public bath but what the heck, forget it, let me get you golgappas because i used one word out of place... you laugh at me while i am covered in cow dung, but you look so happy spraying me with water, i just love looking at you... barun the actor saved this entire episode really. than plain humorous. Akash getting glued to a chair works but Arnav sliding and falling on a street with Khushi heartless does not work for me.

It does give her a chance to have a little water sport with laad governor. Maybe everyone just likes him drenched. And even now her laughter as she enjoys spraying the water and her temporary victory have him feel happy too. One of the rare times or is it the only time when a hey hey hey seemed a bit forced. it was, it was director trying to salvage the situation. It is definitely possible but doesn't feel perfect that's all.. Amma complains to Payal how Khuhsi keeps troubling damaadji. I am left wondering he was being genuinely nice to her family and hasn't been very nasty to her either could she have called a truce for now? But some wounds aren't that easily healed.

Finally it is time for that one scene.. She comes looking like a pretty angel. And he is behaving exactly like the son of the house doing work for buaji. Fate has them poised exactly where they had to be. I like Sanaya's voice here. Soft with gravity, sincerity. She is all dignity interspersed with innocence. i have always liked her voice and yes here she sounded exactly as she should have with that touch of grace her voice has when she wants it to... something from another time in it. clear, innocent, no game and cultured. He eavesdrops. His face reflecting worry. How will his dearest khushi handle the questions. But at times like this the woman steps forward and stuns him as well as us. Lehenga, jhumke, churiyaan, payal, tika.. all adornments of a bride which she did not get a chance to enjoy. She has spent hours gazing at the stars planning this grand event of her life. Giggling with jiji about it. A dance,  saree, bangles, bindi, he had given her all and she had come to associate his face with her prince charming. Her racing heart had eagerly shyly joyously found that one person who would make all these dreams a reality. Make them more precious as she would get to share them with him. 

And then at the peak of their courtship, at the brink of certainty of bliss had come his quiet, deadly, curt low voice.. "shaadi karni hogi..mujhse..abhi..6 mahine ke liye.". With her answers she slowly weaves the fantasy that she could only long for in reality. Continues to disarmingly smile for the sake of those wonderful dreams.. for the sake of her friends.. for the sake of her own sanity, self respect and also for the sake of her own Arnavji. Yes, the man she would love to hate. Tries desperately to be unconcerned about but just can't. Her own betraying heartbeat knowing it belongs to that one other who has ruthlessly crushed it. Even then it refuses to not be owned by that very man.

At that very precise moment she looks up and in the mirror is a reflection of the same torment she is going through. He stands there glued, unable to tear his eyes away. Barun's lips pulled down much more assymetrical in the reflection. Her khol enhanced beautiful tantalizing eyes gaze at him seeking an answer. He looks away as rabba ve decides to mourn out in touching melody. When he did this he only thought of di or maybe he did not think at all. His anger was directed at his khush and jeejaji. He did not think what it would do to this always cheerful soft hearted uncomplicated girl. In this minute I think it no longer mattered to him if she was this evil scheming planning home wrecker. Even then he would still wish her to have her perfect wedding to a loving husband. He would willingly die a thousand deaths to be able to fulfill her dreams.  If only life could have been this simple! It was not. His shoulders hunch a little more with a reminder of the unbearable burden he has to bear. He had unfeelingly roughly dragged her to the temple steps. He who did not believe in marriage had decided to tie himself up to the girl who had crushed his newly awakened heart. Marriage mattered to her. She had clenched her eyes shut, tears streaming down her delicate features as he made her his.  He had bound them together. Isn't that what they had desired? But the bond came with an expiry date. All the dreams and crazy happy giddy love were lost. No, there cannot be any respite. His devastated eyes are drawn back to hers as he relives each painful shattering second of that dark decisive night. Kyu dard hai itna tere ishq mein? beautifully felt paras, the last two... yeah, why is so much pain in your love... rabba vey.

hi rhea,

the episode was all over the place, maybe that's why it's more satisfying to read about the little bits of pureness scattered in it. thanks for a lovely take. my comments i blue. 
indi52 thumbnail

Indi di, Indu if you describe him in this fashion and then discuss about old days and what not .. will end up crying. samjhi aap dono? Missing it all so so much.. πŸ˜”

okay, after reading that could not hold myself back, rhea. was talking about a barun shot released by some barun's angels today, going nuts wondering where he might have worn the white shirt, grey waistcoat seen there. i actually missed him so damn terribly, went and found four sets of scenes where he was in that combination, made random caps from 137 and 200, killers both and in different ways... no need to edit... just look at the man's power. raw, unplugged.

from my post there:

and after mandir came "chot". in that white shirt grey waistcoat look. one of my favourites, that profile of his, asr thinking of his chot and trying to hold on somehow... where is this actor. i want to kill someone.

how i wished that angel's edit was a new shot. white shirt waistcoat was alsways extraordinary. remember 137?

Motif_Soul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

Kate , πŸ€—  πŸ€—   πŸ€— and that's what I am seeing in between colors , the wines,  the twigs, the trees mingling with each other regardless these are creating heights of distance among them but the branches are entangling them towards each other.

A master piece of ART and Mere Philosophy of LOVE through my eyes...

Intertwined Hearts

The intertwined hearts which picked their beats the first night .

Their beats showed them the way to each other like a bigul 

Every way they attracted to each other through HEARTS but BRAINS were planning some heights.
They came so close that each other and couldn't resist dancing at the tone of their beats.

While Brain startled them away ,Hearts called them closer.

Sooner Hearts were picking the pain and distress to relieve it for each other.

Time came in the middle but HEARTS still remain in contact.The push and pull brought them closer than ever.

The moment any storm tried to break these connected intertwined hearts , these beats joined the rhythm to keep em intact.All the branches used their forces to tie them together furiously .

their constant pull brought them so close that they can't run away or avoid listening their heartbeats.

Hearts are two but BEAT is one, the intertwined hearts are holding hands by cupping their faces , while lonely tears making these emotions so smooth to make it reach to the destination.RIGHT where they belong...in each other's embrace , in each others arms , in each others soul to mingle for forever.Hamesha.

ArshiH😊 πŸ‘ and KatelynπŸ‘πŸ˜Š

I was just going through the pages for reading and my eyes got entangled with this piece of yours in the answer of Katelyn's edit.What you are seeing is breathtaking itself.
Totally enjoyed it.Very unique way to put things of Arnav and Khushi in this perspective.

Katelyn this edit of yours is not only beautiful but also a master piece of Art and I can see why Arshi is going crazy over this.Thank you
indi52 thumbnail
episode 240

"arre inhone toh generator theek kiya toh yeh mixie aur radio kya cheez hai?"

this guy fixed the generator... so what's a mixie or a radio to him.

in the middle of a wedding we went to a strange place called the raizada repair centre where khushi set up a situation that compelled asr to repair all the dud contraptions of mohalla lakshminagar.

despite fairly decent acting by all in the train jaisi lambi queue and even a bit of asr flirting and deal making with the suddenly very flat and strident wife, i didn't really connect to the moments.

just a thought in my head. he could repair everything under the sun, but alas not the one thing that needed only his touch to heal and be whole again. a very broken heart belonging to a rather too loudly happy and laughing girl.

soon enough it was time to slip on cow dung and look suitably chastised in middle class milieu learning all about how the good people on the other side of life live. sorry, but had shyam suddenly kidnapped gautam hegde, ved raj, and whoever else was writing the script so he could niftily kill off asr without having to actually abduct him and take care of his boarding and lodging for almost a month? it's expensive to keep tycoons after all. this entire track did all it could to finish off the arrogant devil in white shirt and dark waistcoat who was the dhakdhak in a girl's acidity. suddenly everything about him had to be changed... it was perfectly fine to be completely insensitive to his needs, make him do all sorts of strange things, take off his clothes as and when whoever pleased, get him wet and gleefully laugh at the thought of swooning girls and climbing trp, and in a fit of self righteousness even remove bits of his dimaag so he doesn't say, "shut up! seat belt!" get into the suv and drive off with his wife to his castle.

really i can't believe i just sat through all the episodes and found things to like in them even. honest confession... i did it for barun. not because he is drop dead gorgeous... well then i'd be watching baat with rapt attention again and again too... also shraddha. no, that was not the reason, though oh yes, he looked ab kya boloon.

but really it was because, no matter what, he kept asr alive and keeping. and in subtle well thought out ways... because frankly the script was not helping one bit. the little stylish gestures, the slightly aloof air, the flecks of temper or impatience or just plain dimaag amid too cutesy stuff. even when he was melting at the attention and pampering by aunty and bua ji, he was always asr.

while repairing, errant locks of hair fell forward, hair mussed uff. and an air of concentration perfectly called up... uff again.

during the somewhat forced funny scene with bua ji and blue tooth, again i thought how does such a slight thin guy move with such presence. pure animal grace on screen. the camera loves barun sobti, can't blame it.

then i watched gobar, found asr... lotus in muck. just look at him.

"
don't even say a word!" said the wounded man to his heartlessly grinning wife. what a time this fellow is having...

she mimed the whole shall i wash you down with a hose thing... like that day in shantivan when he had said they wouldn't speak to each other again.

"whattt!" sexy anger.

she smiled, she loves to be shouted at by him i am convinced now.

she sprayed him with the hose, and he just let her... somehow just used to the madness now, quick learner... and as he watched her laugh and giggle that familiar thing happened... hey hey... watching her being khushi he could let go from within, get lost and fall in love again and again... asr still has no idea this is love, this is just faraq that refuses to go away.

as in all episodes, writers mixed comedy with action with a spot of drama, life like mix of the various moods and tones of existence.

she is dressed in wedding finery again... last time she had become the dulhan, though she had no idea that would be the case. she tells her sad friend, the dukhan this evening... forget all else, today is your life's biggest and most beautiful day. this is khushi. she has always believed in marriage, in the wedding day being the most significant day of one's life...

she gets involved, she revels in her task, she wants the bride to be beautiful, that is the right of a bride... "hum usko aur bhi saja denge..." she had said, i'll deck her up even more.

no one had dressed her up that night. an important ritual, "sajana". looking beautiful as a woman ready to accept a man into her life, dressing up for him, is a very important part of the wedding customs, always a lot of fuss about who is doing the bride's make up, etc., these days it's parlours, once it was aunts, cousins and friends. and some giggling and gossip over this happy task.

the friends asked khushi if she remembered the day of her wedding.

lagta hai purane din yaad aa gaye, apne shadi ke din yaad kar rahi ho na?

khushi was smiling... he had walked in and was gazing at her... in his hands bua ji's machine, this time he has done the right thing and insisted he'd take it.

in a second her smile began to contract, a strain of music reminded her of things...

he watched, tense.

a helpless girl stood before a man who wouldn't listen to anything. a man she loved... he thrust a mangalsutra around her neck.

tell us, khushi, chimed the friends. "bata do, khushi," even preeto wanted to know... there was only one thing to do.

she lied.

she made up a story of the wedding finery she had possibly detailed and executed in her mind many times.

"hamara lehenga bhi kuch aisa tha, lekin poora laal nahin tha... hara bhi tha... hamara man pasand rang... khile bahar ki tarah,"

my lehenga was a bit like this, but not all red, with a touch of my favourite colour, green...

he listened knowing what he had tried not to know maybe: how much he had devastated that laughing girl with this one act of his...

he had been convinced there was no other way. maybe he realised she would be hurt... but like this? and the impact it would have on him?

"kaano mein jhoomke halke toh nahin the, lekin unpe kaam bahut baarik tha... zara si bhi hawa chalti... toh awaz karti..."

the birdcage earrings were not light but the work on them was very delicate, the slightest breeze, and they'd make a noise...

he swallowed... this was reaching him and falling all over his being. he was getting drenched again. this time by the tears trapped in a girl's heart.. that she is trying all she can to rein in... 

he had fallen perhaps in a really murky mess, rotten and stinking... maybe the only thing that would wash it all away and make him pristine again are a girls innocent, untainted, true tears.

"haatho mein chooriya aise bhari hui... ke hamari kalai nazar hi nahina aa rahi thi..."

bangles covered my arms so that i could barely see my wrist.

"payron mein khoob ghungroo wali payal jo har kadam par chhanchanati thi..."

on my feet payal with many bells that rang and jingled at every step...

friends are looking dreamy eyed. such a lovely picture this girl paints. her voice poised and full of grace... sanaya's forte these scenes with that voice touched by a timeless quality. mellifluous, pure, completely free of anything dark.

he watches, a sadness invading him and swallows again.

"aur maathe par? chaand sa sundar teeka..."

and on my forehead? a teeka as lovely as the moon.

she was as pretty as a moonbeam bathed night tonight... 

as she completed her picture, looked as though he was visualising her like that... just like that. as if he wanted to see her like that... his beautiful bride.

"humne pallu kuch aisa dala hua tha"... i had taken my pallu like this, she goes on to help her friend again.

a serene calm in the room, the bride is getting ready, the mood is  concentrating.

the friends wished she had called them to the wedding, they would have seen her all dressed up. innocent girl chatter, a bit giggly, spreading light happy love.

anguish marks her face...

she was getting ready to save the moment with another lie, when she saw him in the mirror... with his load, with his despair in wretched eyes... his lips looking more asymmetrical than usual, something very emotional and intense in that.

she looked on not knowing what to say and he too... just a sadness, an immense sadness. in him something even greater, a burden. a burden much heavier than what he carried. once bua ji and khushi had lugged  a trunk and a load... today, his turn.

rabba ve... the mournful heavy call came from two hearts... some things cannot be said... he only suffered when he thought of that night. she did too and she had no idea why it had to be so, she had perhaps started dreaming of a very different night by then.

he turned away first, he couldn't keep looking at her...

he deposited the machine and turned to go, but he did have to turn back once, just once.

her eyes were full of tears now.

he remembered what he'd said... shadi karni hogi... mujhse... abhi (on an exhale, the "i" floating out to the skies). you have to marry... me... now. otherwise i won't let your sister's wedding go through.

and she recalled him dragging her up the stairs, flinging her, sindoor on her parting... rabba vey.

two conversations really... one over gobar, that makes things pure, and a spray of water that cleans away... the other over a sadness that nothing might ever wash away... not even the tears that welled in her eyes. and was there a sheen of moisture in his too?

thank g for bua jis and ammas and their gentle innocent fussing. they save our world from going insane keeping it firmly balanced with a hold of unrestrained love... did they ever finally make that pasta a la baccha makai yani ki baby koren.

and really blue tooth does look like hearing aid, i am on bua ji's side on this one, hai re nand k.

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: indi52

hi rhea,

the episode was all over the place, maybe that's why it's more satisfying to read about the little bits of pureness scattered in it. thanks for a lovely take. my comments i blue. 

Yes I agree Indi di. The mechanic thing wasn't as funny as muh dikhai. Nothing special really. And I wanted to skip the fall. In fact I started writing thinking would quickly skim over everything and reach the last scene in which i really felt for both Arnav and Khushi. But like you said..it's that man.. every time he manages to catch my attention. Happens to me so often, I end up writing much more than I intend to. There is so many minute details in each second that it makes me think of what he is feeling. What he is trying to convey. What must be happening inside him.

Interesting..you like the towel dance.. I would have liked it more if he did it privately for Khushi or if they showed her more awed by the grand gesture. Completely out of ASr's comfort zone but he can carry of anything. He did this only for her sake. So she could enjoy. Have her dream wedding. But overall that whole sangeet thing I didn't like too much. Not really sure why.. maybe to me it didnt seem to have all the depth and intensity I associate with these two.

Love what you say about Sanaya. In some scenes when needed she just amazes me with the sincerity she portrays into Khushi. And thank you for reading and liking and sharing the barun madness with me!
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: indi52

okay, after reading that could not hold myself back, rhea. was talking about a barun shot released by some barun's angels today, going nuts wondering where he might have worn the white shirt, grey waistcoat seen there. i actually missed him so damn terribly, went and found four sets of scenes where he was in that combination, made random caps from 137 and 200, killers both and in different ways... no need to edit... just look at the man's power. raw, unplugged.

from my post there:

and after mandir came "chot". in that white shirt grey waistcoat look. one of my favourites, that profile of his, asr thinking of his chot and trying to hold on somehow... where is this actor. i want to kill someone.

Saansey ruk gayi hai after this. bas.

Thanks for sharing Indi di!
indi52 thumbnail

Yes I agree Indi di. The mechanic thing wasn't as funny as muh dikhai. Nothing special really. And I wanted to skip the fall. In fact I started writing thinking would quickly skim over everything and reach the last scene in which i really felt for both Arnav and Khushi. But like you said..it's that man.. every time he manages to catch my attention. Happens to me so often, I end up writing much more than I intend to. There is so many minute details in each second that it makes me think of what he is feeling. What he is trying to convey. What must be happening inside him.

Interesting..you like the towel dance.. I would have liked it more if he did it privately for Khushi or if they showed her more awed by the grand gesture. Completely out of ASr's comfort zone but he can carry of anything. He did this only for her sake. So she could enjoy. Have her dream wedding. But overall that whole sangeet thing I didn't like too much. Not really sure why.. maybe to me it didnt seem to have all the depth and intensity I associate with these two.

Love what you say about Sanaya. In some scenes when needed she just amazes me with the sincerity she portrays into Khushi. And thank you for reading and liking and sharing the barun madness with me!

hi rhea,

i know, even i feel like writing every little thing about this boy... and get into his head for a bit to see how he processes stuff.

totally agree about the story around towel dance. i was not into remarriage at all. the story lost the plot as we went ahead... the only good thing really therew as that she actually made love to him before the all important pheras. when a powerful story scrambles to be ordinary and cliched it's  a special kind of dard.

in private, or even better some real appreciation from kkg. but by then she is the achhi bahu with the heavy make up and the know all smile. i have strong feelings about this oppressive portrayal of women. and personally i thought kkg looked pretty awful in most of the remarriage rituals... sangeet especially bad. khushi would never dress like that... and what's with the desperate naval showing suddenly. she was sexy as hell in her weird tioght churidars because that was so essentially her. oh the initial episodes when sanaya was even thinner and had that fragile childlike air... fey and lovely.

the hugely missing part of ipk was the lack of yearning and desire in khushi after kidnap... even here, i wish they had written with some sensitivity.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

DISCLAIMER:DON'T COPY MY WORKS AND CONCEPTS WITHOUT GIVING ME CREDIT 

YOU HAVE SEEN MY HUMBLE SIDE. TRUST ME YOU WON'T LIKE THE OTHER...

Arshi's Index  

EPISODE 236

Khate Meethey Rishtey, Umeed se...

[Hope and dreams in Relationships...]

Today's epi is reminding me IPK early promo where Arnav says,"humare Kapde humain banatain hai"[ our image and dignity makes us...very egoistic] because appearance is everything for him and today That delusional cloak is coming off slowly.His observations are stretching by seeing how everyone at home and around it's surroundings are keeping his Royal respect as a Damad intact. Their every action revolves around this whether Arnav babua will like it or not.. They are willing to undergo some hardships if Arnav  gets his happiness, He is an apple of All eyes.These relationships are the true strength of any human being in which Khushi looks rich and Arnav is way poor.Khushi drives her strength from her family while Arnav is weak in this case and that's why Khushi's " Hum tho khilathe hain , par yeh khaathe nahi " [I gave him to eat but he doesn't] is significant... Khushi is caring and compassionate towards him but his suspicious nature prevents him from accepting it , leading to his weakness !!

He has been welcomed with open arms in this town. There are unbelievable things in which you believe but sometimes your beliefs seems shorter in length in front of the Love and care of others and in front of the circumstances you are in , whether you are rich or poor. Today we encounter such scenes which urged me to think in this direction while some took me to compare Shyam and ASR.

Pause here:A contrast of the guest on the other side, Babli is surrounded by cool gadgets away from love and concern from HEART.

The  first cloak off of Royal mind begins with the Public  Bath of Arnav ..Arnav runs out of water and standing in the doorway covered in foam ,can't open his eyes in desperate need of fresh water to clean himself .Khushi rejects Garima's idea of using kitchen water and leads him by holding his hand to the water. The moment his eyes gets clear and discovers his territory totally gets dismayed to know his current position .He shows his indignation to Khushi but the gathered crowd  do not give a special thought to it but in return they invite him on breakfast. ... Arnav would have torn Khushi to million pieces but he is surrounded by those people for whom lack of basic necessities are facts of life and they did not find it awkward to see Arnav taking bath publicly and dealt with it sensibly and this helped the perception of Arnav because  though he felt affronted but he understood this is  a way of life and that brings his rage on halt and he just shows his annoyance to Khushi by saying "Don't talk to me" ...instead of 'How Dare You Khushi Kumari Gupta ? "...

Yes,Khushi wanted to show him how tough it is for people below the poverty line to survive; how they have to depend on "Ration" food; how they have to wait for the "Municipal Water Supply" or how they survived without AC or even Fan... One day, if they run out of time, they are delayed in everything. Then there was the Dargah scene when Khushi told him - "aap ko toh Bhagwan ka ehsaan manna chahiye ke aap ke paas sab kuch hain". Indeed that is so true and today we saw even if these people are not of high class still they have "Manners" . This scene was for ASR to understand how people work hard for their basic life and it's amenities.

Khushi's "Bijlii aagayi"meaning Hope that darkness will be removed for forever...Arnav is in the Gupta House ,meaning that this is where his final part of the MU will get cleared. This is where the story of Khushi and Shyam started and this is where Arnav will see its reality.

But this fits on Khushi here,"Hope is the only thing stronger than fear"... because in her life there is nothing but HOPE,   that she will be able to find the reason for this sudden marriage, ,the reason of sudden change of his behavior so drastically from one moment to other.A hope that she will be able to push Arnav to the edge to spill the truth.A  hope that she will be able to change the opinion of this person who has become so important to her unconsciously and hope that she will be able to remove that hate .."nafrat" which she can't bear in his eyes for her. Hope is her only lifeline because the other side is Fear and that she cannot afford to think, because that represents her worst nightmare, the end of her marriage, marriage which was and is the most important thing for Khushi Kumari Gupta. The end of which will effect her life as well as her family , A stigma... Her parents will die with that.

always optimistic, an endearing quality in khushi... and it was lovely. great catch, faiqa and connection with this moment.

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: Eyes covered with foamy soap  and can't see now but he is conscious and is leading towards purity[Water..meaning Khushi]] by Khushi and same later during kidnapping covered with black strip , Khushi will be unable to help him but her presence will guide him and black strip will be removed for permanently meaning all the misunderstandings will be washed away.

[INFO:"Rapidly-modernising India is drowning in its own excreta," notes the New Delhi-based Sunita Narain, Director General of the Centre for Science and Environment in a Comment piece published on June 14,2012 in Nature... "over 2 billion people in China and India have gained access to improved water sources from 1990 to 2010, and the proportion of the global population still using unimproved sources is estimated at only 11 per cent." ... India still accounts for one-third of the world's 1.42 billion poor people. Today access to improved water source have increased but the timely water supply is still valid and this is how low-middle class people really survive their daily necessities even in rural areas...]

Here comes the dining table scene which completely depicts the the "Big Heart" that the Guptas have.Arnav's happiness is their biggest asset for which they can go any length without a frown on their faces.

Symbolism and connection: Khushi goes for bringing curd from the neighbors.Three things Milk, curd and ghee which comes from sacred cow are viewed as the concentrated essence of the plants and are symbol of Purity , spiritual nourishment and removal of negative energy.

Don't forget we are seeing plants and water in this track a lot either Anjali is giving them water or Khushi or Arnav meaning, Arnav's pure Heart always remains in the picture as well as Khushi's.

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: When ASR and Khushi's vehicles have an accident and Khushi told him - "har cheez paison mein nahin toli jaati". Aur ek baat, hum aapke nuksaan ke saare paise chukka denge, lekin jo nuksaan aap ne humara kiya naa, uski bhar pai aap zindagi nehin kar paoge".[Not everything can be bought from money, I will pay your damage but the damage you've done to me and my family has no price] Then she said again - "Khuddari se jeetein hain humlog".  ASR answered- "Khuddari ki baatein bahut sasti hoti hain, tum bhi yehin ho, aur main bhi. We'll see". Today he is seeing and feeling all of that "Khudaari " and Khushi's words of nuksaan will come to picture too during Preeto's wedding.

Garima and Buaji spend all the money they had on food without hesitation to just make him home. This is called "Khuddari and heart"that Khushi always talk about. ..As my grabber is Arnav's guilt to know that they paid the bill.Khushi's words are coming around.

Garimaji and Buaji did all that even without knowing that Arnav had ordered the food for the entire family . The  moment when he tells them that the food is for everyone , The surprised look on their faces spreads a happiness across their faces  ..Their happiness brings a PURE smile despite the strange taste of fusili,macaroni etc ...because for  Gupta's it is not the action but the thought behind the action that counts and content across his face knowing they liked it

This reminded me of Nani's words "Chotte ko akele Khane ki aadat hai" ....[he is used to eat alone]... Arnav Singh Raizada who has gotten used to his own company is craving for company, for the approval of Guptas. How amazing is that? his small smile of happiness with Buaji's approval  is showing that oomewhere inside him ,there is a boy who is craving for unconditional love and he will get it right here in Guptas.

PONDERING COMPARISON DOTS:This scene took me to Shyaam's Chaat scene. He made all of the Khushi's fav to remain in good book for her without caring Payal or Buaji's choices .. "Hum aap ki pasand jaan te hain Khuhiji".. But There is no fake acts in Arnav.. very nice, i had thought of creep too and all the natak he did. he knows that  Guptas have never tasted that kind of food yet that does not stop him from ordering for them ... even now he is thinking from his POV just like AC and he has not entered the world of Gupta's yet , but he is including Gupta's into his world and not just Khushi only. He took into consideration their likes too while ordering the food. Healthy soup for Babuji, Spicy pasta for Khushi, macaroni with mild sauce for Buaji and Fusili for Garimaji. Yeah these foods were new to them but that is what ASR all about. He never tries to please anyone or expects if anyone wants to accept him.For that they have to first understand him like the way he never forced Khushi to change for him at any step. Arnav's heart is "Pure". Which, Khushi and the Guptas' will figure out at the end of this track.

Loved the reaction of Khushi, [sanaya did a good job here] .. She goes in different phases of reactions while seeing the bill but she couldn't pick up the fight with him as it was her fault which brought her family at this point but her rage changes into a soft amusing smile and happiness seeing his Laad Governor into a thoughtful damad here and Khushi is touched, when he hands over the pasta to her.He ordered especially keeping her taste in mind. she loves teekha [spice] she holds on to it as if her life depends on it - but her happiness does not last long as in the next second as he accused her of a Thief.

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: Ajeeb hai yeh...when Arnav gave her the food tiffin on Kanyadaan , she ddn't eat that day and just looking at the food because Arnav gave it to her , considering her"unhon ne di hai..." ... Arnav has given his heart to Khushi but she does not know that but when she will know ...it will be the most precious thing that she will have and she will take care of his heart and him above everything and over everything.,,

Today he was very close to his limit but he had not crossed it yet. When the shock came with his car he could not control it any longer and he blamed her for the bath. A person who has been quiet holding the ocean of pain inside him just called her a "Chor" [Thief].  Arnav's perspective is that Khushi is a thief who has stolen his sister's husband, and her happiness and she has stolen his dreams. Dreams that he had started weaving because of her, dreams that made him believe in beautiful life, dreams that made him dream of living his whole life full of dreams once again. According to him,she is stealing his dignity, his class, everything that makes him a man he is today.

How wrong he is because like Khushi said "Aaapka anuman mausam vibhaag ki bhavishyavani ki tarah galat hain",[ all his interpretations, all his assumptions,all his views are incorrect.] ...The  base of his assumptions is all wrong because he is unaware that its not Khushi but he himself is a thief who stole her dreams, his and her family's dreams just because he did not believe her enough and that he will find out after knowing the TRUTH...Loved this "Its okay for people to see me taking bath - but its not okay for us to fight...

Pause here: Today he called her a thief and soon one name calling will  lead to spilling the reason... Khushi tries to make him quiet,[ Role switch]... while the image conscious Arnav has no intention of doing so in his anger.This reflects the middle class upbringing of Khushi ,status of family ,relationships which will be guarded and protected from the eyes of the prying world...The marriage or any relationship  will be presented as perfect at all times to the outside world !!

He got stripped twice and then suspicious File at the end that shows , something is going to happen with Arnavji...

Symbolism and connection:Before Khushi changed his tire to make sure his car keep running, meaning his life stays stable.Now Khushi says, "Apke baithne ki kursi..." and all 4 wheels are gone...at the top Shyam has the key...meaning Arnav's life is going to be out of turf now.

loved your kursi and tyres thought. very loaded that whoel seen was , i couildn't understand but did feel.

Shyam has made the key ...Yeah..!!!

Mamaji's presence was useless...Double Yeah...!!!

faiqa,

nice take.

you know i was and am uncomfortable with public bath as also the whole notion that asr has to be taught things about people with less money and how they survive. he has built his empire from scratch. he knows about hardship... he does yell and shout about middle class and stuff but mainly at her. he fights with her about anything and everything, just his way of owning someone and loving them i guess. having said that, he ain't flawless, i am sure there are many things he will learn because of khushi and she because of him. but this too obvious, now let's present the girl as flawless and the guy as a misguided slightly foolish man, well it did not grab me.

but i liked your writing and the points you raise. especially about shyam. the food scene was perhaps a mirror of the lucknow chat scene from way back.
khushi and hope, lovely point.

kursi and tyres notes wonderful.

and really, what was the point of getting shyam to steal the key and uff poor mama ji, will disappear soon. πŸ˜†

Episode 242

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DazjRcH9ug[/YOUTUBE]

First Telecast Monday1st May 2012

Full episode links

Thanks, Katelyn,for all the links.

Credit for the videos: Respective uploaders

Edited by Katelyn - 10 years ago
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Episode 198 on the reruns.. a stray thought...

This imagery used to greet in my living room every day..

The man pulled on his blazer in a move svelte

To go along with his irresistible white ...

A slick black coffee mug in hand

with a steaming potion of espresso

must be a perfect "sunrise" moment

but  alas...

as his eyes paused  on that girl in sight

with a battered soul and no one to share her plight

in an instant the aroma of the brew dispelled

so was his transitory sprint

leaving him agonized alongside

as their heavenly abode witnessed in all its blues

clandestinely, their hearts imbued in love seemed to hope ..

this too shall pass!

This imagery used to greet in my living room everyday!!

Edited by Horizon - 10 years ago