Blast from the Past Thread #24 ** Golgappa Times ** p 113, ep 246 - Page 66

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 239

it's a wedding again. only a month after a night of "haan ya na" and a dulhan who had no idea she was.

i can't help but think of that night, and despite all the jollity all around, the unstoppable mirth, i think of a man who became bridegroom and took a bride amid only tears and chaos. yes, weddings always mean a bit of chaos, but not the sort they saw within themselves and around them that night.

two dialogues got repeated too many times not to mean a thing... this is ipk, writers are clever with forming loops and echoes and reflections with the spoken word, to magnify a feeling, to nudge a memory, to create depth and texture.

so when there was that repetition of his "haan" changing everything, i had a feeling it was somewhere to remind us of that other night. when her "naa" couldn't change anything. she had no choice or he made sure she thought so that night. a tragic, intensely sad moment. but there was something sacred in what was to come.

on the flip side of that is today's "haan" where he had a choice but didn't know, and she made sure he didn't. a fairly comic, extremely lighthearted moment... and yet, was there to be a sacred moment soon? i couldn't see any sign of it anywhere in the din and rush of carrying carpets, fixing speakers, organising pandal, and avoiding rushing pesky kids... wedding milieu, wild wonderful and setting my teeth a bit on edge.

the other word was "dulhan", every time it was said, just after i had giggled, i'd remember a beautiful bride. was i to see her as dulhan again soon?

when you see a thing repeatedly, finally you might end up seeing something quite different from what you saw the first time. and this episode on this watch, brought me to a sacred moment on a rickety ladder.

i thought i saw a beautiful suhaag raat in broad daylight, with all its longing, its nasha, its jadoo, its lifting of a veil, its looking into each others eyes, its palpitating heart stopping moments and its flowers.

now i might be completely imagining this and if anyone from ipk read this they'd probably be rolling on the floor laughing, but i saw what i saw teehee.

a comic air, errors galore, constant activity, great blocking... things were going along in a happy frolicking pace. khushi sang about the season to bug the laad governor, bua ji and asr got into lovely little conversations and both abha parmar and barun sobti were very good together. but i missed my asr... this pulverizing of the waistcoat man is frankly just plain tiresome for me.

he came out... stood on the steps, i remembered him standing just there a little over a month ago, so happy, in brown suit, come to see his girl... to floor her.

perfect stranger walked up to him and asked in a familiar manner if he were free. long thinking look, then a "nahin", oh barun did never quite let asr go, did he.

finally he figured out that he has been taken for a ride by his dear loving caring sharing in everyone's sadness wife.

"oh no no!" said the man.

"oh no? koi takleef hai ka, babua..." is there a problem, shot back his jodi for the episode, bua ji.

a relationship has been made, and whatever we may say, the boy is well brought up, knows what is in good taste and what is not, plus after the initial faux pas he is very circumspect.

"oh no..." emphatic and hot, "koi takleef nahin hai, bua ji." an abs sweetheart, this tycoon.

but to himself, "yeh kahan fas gaya mein" what have i got stuck in, ugh.

happy khushi came bounding out with spatula held aloft of , sanka at a high.

she asked him to move from where he stood.

"kyun?" came the brusque reply.

next thing, the speaker had got him, he almost passed out.

"haw aapke kaan toh bilkul tamatar ke tarah laal ho gaye hain..." ha, your ears have gone as red as a tomato, she said with an innocent sweet look. she had taken her revenge for the rudolph the red nose comment that morning.

why do i get the feeling he likes this sparring, it excites him... someone not scared of him, not kowtowing, and someone so pretty too... there's spice and myrrh in the air suddenly among all the pink and chaos.

pink again. the other night the mosquito net. way back a dupatta falling over an astonished girl's head. all moments of murmurous attraction, things not said because perhaps there is no need to.

"arre, aur phool chahiye..." we need more flowers said the bride's mother and made way for that moment i think of as sacred.
a beautiful silent act of love, just a ladder, a girl and a boy who wants to be with her. and that gust of wind on a pink dupatta.

she rushed to get the flowers which are at a height, but he is instantly alert, "khushi! khushi wait..." always protective of her... no matter whether it's mohabbat or nafrat.

she's up, reaching for flowers, he arrived, concerned at the sight of wobbling step ladder.

"khushi, chadne se pahle sidi ki position check kar leti!" his rough admonishing hid that care he feels.

"neeche aao!" come down, he hollered in full asr mien. bet she felt all sorts of sensations when he talked like that. there's some sort of indelible love in that possessive angry way. like he has a right over her.

"aa rahe hain," i'm coming she said with an irritated most wife like, there goes my husband again sort of way, and she turned... he watched most concerned.

and a gust of wind came to blow a dupatta. wind, dupatta, something was about to happen.

she got more and more flummoxed by flying dupatta. the wind stayed and played.

"hume kuchh dikh nahin raha!" i can't see a thing, she said panicking as the dupatta covered her eyes and head.

"khushi, stop it!" he yelled. and began to climb up the ladder, to reach her.

not a word, no music, just wind gushing steady, urgent, as he went nearer and she waited in pink veil... she looked through the veil and suddenly it all changed... notes of rabba vey entered. the whole world ceased to be, it's just you and me, here on a space between heaven and earth, why do i feel what i feel, and you? what is it that you feel? i can't stop looking at you or wanting to be near.

he stood on a rung a little below her looking at her entranced...

a long time ago he had seen this very face through another pink veilwhen he didn't believe in love, when he had only anger and disbelief in such matters... but he had been struck even then...

today it's this girl he is mad about and no matter how angry or hurt, something reaches him the moment she is near...

she stared at him through the veil and her eyes sought things that her conscious mind said she will not.

he was rapt... just looking at her was all he seemed to be capable of suddenly.

slowly he took the veil down to reveal her face... a suhaag raat ritual. the way he held the veil and pulled it down to reveal her face, there was that sense of an important act. something much more than the literal meaning.

if there was a rapt mesmerised feel to the way he looked at her, in her eyes a funny sort of hunger for a second. a need.

she was embarrassed, he was just there gazing at her, to be with her is all he seeks, she lurched forward, he caught her. oh the heat of that coming together, even in a long shot there is desire everywhere.

as she averted her eyes there was suddenly a flicker of urgency, a question in his.

then the moment was over.

he let go of her shoulder. "tum neeche jao..." go down, he commanded.

"uh hamare phool?" but my flowers?

"phool main le aaonga!" i'll get the flowers, divine yelling and taking charge...

and then it happened.

she lost balance, and it all came tumbling down.

that falling felt significant. symbolic. together they are constantly in a plunge, falling ever deeper into an emotion, holding on to each other never letting go, who knows where it is taking them.

on the floor scattered with petals of marigold, together they lay, winded and then feeling things.

hey hey... heyheyhey.

as they tried to sit up the petals showered down. te brats had tipped the flower basket (okay, this bit was shot pretty badly, the gravity defying basket almost snatched my attention away from the magic unfolding).

he just lay there watching. in no hurry... i loved that look on his face, he has taken the veil off his bride's face, he has seen her, he is enamoured, now he will lie with her and revel in her. not suhaag raat? i loved this entire bit of episode, the pace, the colours, the emotions, the sheer scorch.

she realised and was too smitten herself to do much about things.

marigold petals all over, yellow, orange, in the colours of the sun, spiritually significant and always at weddings and auspicious occasions, a certain sensuality to soft, plush petals. finally the entire tokri fell.

"phool toh.." she smiled.

"i know..." he agreed. they almost sounded like friends... or lovers, a bit shy, a bit lost.

rabba vey. she started to smile.

and he smiled back at her. it was perhaps their first uncomplicated, warm and private smile looking at each other with nothing but pleasure and love. yes, just that... love. was she dulhan for a moment there? and did he again give a "haan"? this time not without knowing what he said yes to.

soon we were rushing to generator and khushi had again taken umbrage at his arrogant little i am arnav sing raizada and started plotting. i thought he wanted her to succeed at fixing the machine. the advance retreat of asr khushi was a delight after such a long gap. he flicked her cheek, she was miffed. he sat next to salman with cotton in his ears looking a dish. he was devastatingly rude to the little boy with his "i don't care." the the boy spilled the beans, the busy businessman plays games on his laptop... er asr, did i hear right? this must be new if that is the case... your pagal biwi is having an effect on you.  anyway now he is going to be mechanic. oh h where is his waistcoat?

shyam stole the will... could have been a great track but alas.

Indi, 
That was indeed one enchanting Arnav Khushi moment and you made it even more beautiful with the analogies of a suhag rat. That pink dupatta always chaperoned them.. Right from teej..here it is playing its part in brining these two encased in an intimate moment.. There was certainly lot of heat emanating when he was just a step down from her.. Loved that collage of these two lying down in the yellow flowers.. some how reminded of a Yash Chopra...he looking into heavens in sheer trance of the moment.. Her dainty hand adorned with pink bangles holding onto him tenderly... Great capture.. 
He Looking glorious.. Always loved his extra chiseled profile while he lays down.. 

Yes, he seemed to be very much taken in by this girl's total unabashed responses to him.. As  he says no one cuts him short while he speaks, no one turns back and leaves, no one has the guts to counter argue with him.. She does all that... With her special spice of her sanak.. He finds it irresistible it seems... As she does with his possessive anger.. 

Yes, terribly missed that man in waist coat in control of things.. At least his own.. The reason why this track remained unpalatable for me even tho actors were superlative with new bonds and evident chemistries with elders in the family..He looked totally clueless about what's going on.. surprise or even shock at every turn every day..after the bath fiasco, the only thing he seems sure is she certainly has something up her  sleeve every time...may be the writers meant this to be taken sweet revenge .. 

Loved that symbolism of their falling down together..

And the will,  a 6 month track could have been woven.. Talk about squandering opportunities..
Thanks Indi.
Edited by Horizon - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Episode 241
posted on page 79. Do take a look when you have the time.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Horizon

I was going to read Indi's 239. Then I saw some truly dhak dhak comments from our friends here about that write up.. so gearing up..:)

but the breathtaking-ness of this man reaches new level when he falls / his profile in supine position.. the first rangoli fall.. here or when he falls in Gh prior to the massage.. eyes refuse to look at anything.. not even Khushi lying on top of him in all these occasions.. πŸ˜† but only his extra chiseled face and those thick locks of hair!!
full on drool mode??!!😳

can't tell ya how much i agree with you. we keep talking about his eyes... one should see thestate of our eyes. πŸ˜†... i really can't see anything but him at times... amazes me how this thin wiry not too tall man can command this kind of presence. the muscles and planes of that face, where do they make such things... intensity this one redefines... and without a single hint of melodrama... a crazy sophisticated intensity. in my head these two words actually pull away from each other, but in him they collide, collude and devastate the onlooker.

in sheer desperation i have gone and looked at several men known to be hot, now and in teh past and watched intently to see if i get the kick in the heart and gut... usually nothing. once in a way a that's nice, or wow, or nice, but never an ufff.

drool mode, what's that?😳

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Horizon

Indi, 
That was indeed one enchanting Arnav Khushi moment and you made it even more beautiful with the analogies of a suhag rat. That pink dupatta always chaperoned them.. Right from teej..here it is playing its part in brining these two encased in an intimate moment.. There was certainly lot of heat emanating when he was just a step down from her.. Loved that collage of these two lying down in the yellow flowers.. some how reminded of a Yash Chopra...he looking into heavens in sheer trance of the moment.. Her dainty hand adorned with pink bangles holding onto him tenderly... Great capture.. 
He Looking glorious.. Always loved his extra chiseled profile while he lays down.. 

Yes, he seemed to be very much taken in by this girl's total unabashed responses to him.. As  he says no one cuts him short while he speaks, no one turns back and leaves, no one has the guts to counter argue with him.. She does all that... With her special spice of her sanak.. He finds it irresistible it seems... As she does with his possessive anger.. 

Yes, terribly missed that man in waist coat in control of things.. At least his own.. The reason why this track remained unpalatable for me even tho actors were superlative with new bonds and evident chemistries with elders in the family..He looked totally clueless about what's going on.. surprise or even shock at every turn every day..after the bath fiasco, the only thing he seems sure is she certainly has something up her  sleeve every time...may be the writers meant this to be taken sweet revenge .. 

Loved that symbolism of their falling down together..

And the will,  a 6 month track could have been woven.. Talk about squandering opportunities..
Thanks Indi.

you wouldn't believe it, but i just read and replied to a comment of yours and saw this, i was thinking, must tell indu to see that top panel of the collage, to note that profile... extra chiseled... so straight and proud the lines, and i saw what you wrote. πŸ˜†

yash chopra... hmmm... yes yes , something larger and more romantic in vision here. i kept thinking of that somg baharon phool barasaao, from suraj, the first movie i ever saw at age six... this love had that phool barsana quality about it at times... if only yash chopra were here, he would have known this is a jodi that can spin dreams of an another order... need a filmmaker like him, the true hindi cinema movie man, to make a movie with them.

yes she does love his anger, it says things to her... and, maybe she enjoys being able to handle it, get beyond it... oh indu, i miss them and i miss those early days. so much animal attraction and sensuality in warring, in just looking at each other... even thinking of each other...

gh track never really touched my heart... i was here mainly because he was here...

thanks so much.

aarwen thumbnail
Indi di, Indu if you describe him in this fashion and then discuss about old days and what not .. will end up crying. samjhi aap dono? Missing it all so so much.. πŸ˜”
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

episode-234

mooh dekhai of our sexy man

Workaholic Arnav is back in his work. There can be any vacation for him. He just couldn't build an empire just like that. But the killing heat is not giving him respite. He is sweating, his state is almost tousled, he is already looking emaciated. He can go back to RM, as Khushi has tethered him for a while. Droplets of perspiration have been travelling down from his forehead to his eyes brows to eye lashes. It's getting difficult to concentrate on his laptop. He thinks to change his sitting from the table to some where else, where he can get a bit comfort or near a fan. When he stands up, his look goes to the Salman Khan poster on the wall. He is astonished. His eyes go to another pic of khushi and Salman and a palanquin in between. He smiles derisively, he is not jealous. He knows she is crazy and  this crazy girl always makes him smile like this. But soon he will replace Salman, though his pic has already embedded in Khushi's heart permanently. She just can't show it as he hates her now. Or moreover, you hot workaholic how will you know about phangirls ? We fan girls even make our hero our husband clandestinely. Like, you are my husband..hehe. Awww Sohara

Bua and amma sneak in the room, but go back seeing him working. they just can't disturb their haughty son in law. But Arnav is the damad now, he is not shrewd ASR any more. He calls bua, guessed it can be her. Bua is tizzy. Feigning innocence she tells him that some people came to meet him. Arnav misunderstands the visitors as AC guys. Bua becomes flabbergasted to see his enthusiasm to meet the people who are not AC guys, but their over inquisitive neighbors.

Arnav comes out from his room and becomes stupefied to see three elderly ladies there. khushi is bewildered as well, how bua and amma could avert him from his work!

An involuntary what the comes out from his mouth. The oldest lady can't understand what he said. So khushi interprets his what the like this,

"What the matlab, hume inhe pehchante nahi hai. Hume pehchan karao."

(I don't know them. Pls introduce me with them)

I was laughing to see her satire. Her sense of humor is superb.

Bua, amma and the guests get delighted to know that. Khushi makes him sit and introduces him with the ladies who all are bua's friends. With annoyance he says her that "pata hai"

"pata nahi lata, kusum lata." πŸ˜†

ASR anger pulsates more to see her sarcastic jibe.

Khushi introduces her husband with endearing authority,  "Aur yeh hamari woh"  Did you notice how he looks at her when she says this.. oohh am laughing already and you have just started on this scene..

Nice moment of buaji you captured below!

The ladies get enamored to see his roop, "kitna sundar larka hai." Bua becomes delighted and adds proudly that he is the nandkissore. ASR is really feeling uncomfortable at so much accolade. He wants to go back to his work. But Khushi will not let him escape so easily. She pushes him back in the sit, she is having so much fun. So are we!

"ye thodi sharmilee kisimke hai.'

What a wrong delineation; ASR who makes people tremulous in fear is shy! But his social niceties surprised me. ASR is sitting in the middle of all middle class ladies and letting them having conversation with him. khushi really changed him a lot. Ya imagine if this was the ASR from the first few episodes. hay re nand kishore!

In this whole scene Bua's sharmilee expression was a treat to watch. πŸ˜†

"He is good looking but does he have any education?"

The old lady asks a very important question. But it hurts ASR's ego  😲 the lady asks him whether he studied till ten grade! He gives a bewildered expression,

"I completed my MBA from Harvard."

The ladies don't have any idea where is Harvard, they think it's Haridwar, where people usually go for religious studies. Bua stands for her favorite son in law, he studied business and he is the owner of big factories, thousands of people work under him. The old lady wants to compete now, her Lallan also has a big shop and ten people work under him. A spook of little boy gets inside ASR now, how this granny can insult him like this, he says in a quick repartee,

"Not a single shop, but I have chain of industries." πŸ€£

"Shop of chain!."  The ladies are flabbergasted.

Khushi corrects them in pronto, not shop of chains, but chain of shops. The ladies are so happy for Khushi now, "bohoti achcha larka mila hai khushiko. (khushi got such a good husband)'

They all stand up to come closer to Arnav. Granny pulls his cheek, "very handsome guy." Arnav gets scared to see that the lady leans on him and gives him a kiss on his forehead and blesses him as well,

"Joog joog jeo beta."

He wipes his forehead with irritation. He reminds me of my little nephew here. Every time I kiss him on his cheek, he wipes it with disgust. Hahaha. poor Arnav bitwa

The other lady gives Khushi some money to buy him some itra.

"itra, he likes itra a lot, specially in hannky."

Arnav gives her a glacial stare. nice description!

Before leaving the old lady ask him will he keep her happy ?

He answers with annoyance "whatever."

The old lady can't understand the meaning of whatever, so his interpreter wife Khushi translate it from her point of view,

"It means life long, he will keep me happy."

Can I assume it as Khushi's secret wish! He is the man of her love and she clandestinely wished to be with him for eternity. But never dared to express it to him. And now the situation has become so complicated that they can't even think properly.

The elderly woman again blesses them beatifically to live long, "janam janamtar tum dono sath rahe, you should be together for this life and  all the lives ahead."

To hear the blessing Arnav and Khushi both look at each other with a jolt. In the recent events they forgot that this was just a contract marriage of six months. This janam janamtar thing embroils both of them.

Everybody left, arnav and Khushi are alone in the living room. That elderly woman's blessing is still reverberating in their mind. They start to walk in different direction, but  look back to see each other. Her words made deep impact in both of their minds. With her heart pounding painfully, she fixedly stares at him, a million confused, chaotic thoughts running berserk in her head. Arnav is also in embroilment. Their feeling for each other what was buried inside their heart incites them. A sudden deluge of indecipherable yet powerful emotions washes across their heart, leaving it aching with a gentle melancholy in it's wake. They ebb in the abyss of thought, where there is so much pain, so much confusion, so much animosity, so much contempt, but so much suppressed love and care. In one second the mood completely changed with this scene. 

Anjali is showing Babli some baby's pics of different age in mom's womb. Babli knows it all that the baby will be born in nine months. Anjlai gets surprised at her cognition.

Akash comes then from office. As usual Babli gets jovial to see him. She gets more delectable to see the gift in his hand, she thinks it's for her. She runs in to get the surprise gift what she prepared for Akash. Akash actually got the gift for Payal on their first month marriage anniversary. When Babli comes back with her surprise gift, Anjali tells her to leave them alone. Babli abominates to see Akash wishes Payal and giving her the gift.

Pause: Arnav didn't bring any gift for khushi on their first month marriage anniversary, but they both got the pure blessings from an elderly woman as a precious gift. One more thing what amuses me, is the good heart of this middle class people. In Khushi's mooh dekhai instead of blessings she got loathsome remarks from some shabby women. And today in Arnav's satirical mooh dekhai he got only blessings and good wishes. Really nice thoughts sohara. I complete agree.

A big truck comes in Laxminagar makes everybody flummoxed. They are looking for Arnav Singh Raizada's house. The neighbors who were just coming back from Arnav's mooh dekhai get surprised to see the AC in the truck. They bring the AC people to buaji's house. They are assuming that Madhumati's rich son in law is taking care of  their family. These middle class neighbors assume too much. Arnav also comes there to hear the door bell. The gupta ladies are ambiguous what's happening. Arnav says Khushi that he is just putting an AC,  it's not a big issue, when he will leave, everybody can use it. Without much ado he goes inside the room to instruct the people where to put the AC. Khushi gets upset and so as bua. Amma is rather in an understanding state.

The Gupta ladies come inside the room. The technician is doubtful that whether this old house can take the load of the split AC! Arnav berates them and tells them to do their job. Amma retorts the technician that the wall is strong enough to bear the load.

"The house is old but strong like me." bua says in painstaking voice. Bua is feeling humiliated that they couldn't give Arnav the comfort, so he had to provide his own comfort. Amma tries to meliorate the situation, saying that it's alright; he is not used to with our life style. The guy passes him his towel and toiletries, what makes Arnav more embarrassed.

"actually I have a habit to use my product." He is rueful.

I'm amused again, where is the arrogant ASR? From when he started to care so much?

"It's ok son, if you feel good then I'm happy." Bua tries to alleviate his mood.

Khushi resents to see her amma and bua hurt. Why so much fuss, she should feel happy that he is trying to adapt, and that is plausible. I also can't blame her as she is too sensitive with her family. No matter what she can't see them hurt.  When she tries to speak, both amma and bua try to make her feel good. Amma says they are fine with the change, he also adjusted the change when she started to stay with him. khushi becomes woebegone to recollect how he threw out from his room on the wedding night. So she didn't forget the pain, so am I. Khushi comes in the room and Arnav looks at her ruefully. I think because they feel embarrassed that their lifestyle is not good enough for him they are hurt. But after they understand him they get used to their damaadji's slightly stramge ways. in fact they love him just as we do. πŸ˜Š

Khushi disgruntles to see the change in her room. She looks at his towels, toiletries, AC, laptop; the room is now filled with Arnav's stuffs. She thinks he took a revenge, because she changed his room as her wish. But she did it without hurting anybody's feelings. And here he made everybody upset. She wanted to edify him the life of common people. And now he is trying to make this his favorite imaginary world. All feelings of anger and rancor seeps out from her heart; what he tried to show by changing bua's house, that how they live. How dare he insult bua and amma. She starts to throw his stuffs on the floor in anger. She grumbles,

Arnav Singh Raizda, hum apko zindegi ka path parhakai dum lenge. Now I'll teach you a lesson that you will remember whole life."

A fire of retribution ignites inside her. but the good thing is, she again puts his stuffs back on the table.

Pause: I don't know what wrong he did. First of all Khsuhi should appreciate that he came to stay with her, whether their marriage is just a contract marriage. If he wants to make his stay comfortable, then what's wrong with it. My mom told me, when I first visited India, my dad bought AC for my aunt's home so that we kids could live there comfortably. Why sensible Khushi couldn't understand that the things what he brought is his necessities. I also take my towels and toiletries when we go somewhere. I never use other people's stuff and like ASR I also have the habit to use the product of my favorite brand. See you are already exactly like Arnav. Rab ne bana di jodi πŸ˜›! More seriously buaji and amma understood he didnt mean disrespect faster than their bitiya. 

Arnav comes in the room, the mosquitoes are troubling him. The first thing he said to her in baiting tone, that he doesn't want to sleep on the bed with her. khushi is nonchalant, just grabs things from the armoire. He asks her, is there any sofa?

"nahi hai. And there is no extra bedding. Moreover you can't sleep on the floor, because you must not want the rat eats up your hair." 

"What" he is scared to hear about chuhoka nashta. πŸ˜†

"chuhe, raat bhar idhar udar gumte rehte hai, barha udham machete hai." She frightens him more by demonstrating how the rats trouble them at night.

"Ok then I'll sleep in my car."  He moves towards the door.

"Ok sleep then, but get your answer prepared when amma and bua will ask you. Moreover, whole day you proved that you are the son in law of the family. And the rest you are smart enough to understand"

Khushi's pragmatic words make Arnav stay back. But the mosquitoes are troubling him so much. khushi is frustrated, she wishes, if he was not allergic to mosquito coil. It's good to see that in spite of her anger, she still thought about his health.( I saw the characteristic of my mom in her. My mom sometimes perks up like this, but never forgets to care us.) She gets a mosquito killing racket and starts to play with it.  Arnav is stupefied, what she is doing! She says the racket doesn't have enough charge otherwise it will be killer of mosquitoes.

"What the hell are you saying."

Aww how cutely he said this to his half mad wife. so so cute

Khushi looks at him with bewilderment, because a mosquito is sitting right on his nose. She attempts to hit it with the racket "tere itni himmat ASRki nakpe."

Fortunately ASR bends down before she can hit him. I remember how he gone mad, when last time she hit him on his cheek. haw!

"Are you gone crazy?"

"A mosquito was on your nose."

"Let's turn on the AC. The heat and mosquito both will go away."

"Yours AC, yours towel, do whatever you like."  Khushi replies quizzically.

Arnav turns on the AC and sighs a relief, "I'll sleep on the left side." He just can't finish his words and "boom". The electricity is gone.

"haire nadkissore, how the light turned out?"

Arnav is dumbfounded, what a predicament situation, he has fallen into! Khushi opens the window and sees that the whole colony is out of power.

"poore moholleki batti gul."

Sohara really really enjoyed your take. Am so happy you wrote about the muh dikhai in detail. I was laughing uncontrollably the entire time I was reading it. My office people must have thought am as mad as Khushi πŸ˜†. 

So true what you say about Arnav's muh dikhai vs Khushi's muh dikhai. And there he had come and saved her even though he claimed to hate her. Their one month and they got such heartfelt blessings. No wonder they get to enjoy such happy moments in Gupta house. 

Loved it..more comments and favourites above.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 239

Khushi is thouroughly enjoying while frying the hot red chillies and singing her aaj mausam hai suhaana song.  Back in the living room a panting buaji sits down to catch her breath  and chit chat with her nand kishore daamadji.  Arnav is still very confused.. Preeto.. Pritka.. emphatic dulhan.. clarifies buaji. Am as confused as him at this point. Was Preeto in lucknow with khushi when they were in school? Who is this dear friend we have never heard of? Must be like Akash bitwa's best friend.. uuhi.. bablia. πŸ˜† or Akash's brother dhruv, who was never shownWhen the spices cause Arnav to sneeze he looks up with watery eyes and buaji reminiscing about her sanka devi's childhood is very convincing.  Both actors are great in this scene.  Buaji's experienced eyes see titliya's love for everyone around. They also see Arnav's love for everyone. And though her reasoning is based on the supposed green signal he gave to host the wedding arrangements from their house she isn't far off from the truth. He does care and very deeply so. Not the showy type of care but concern from within and the determination to fix all problems for his family. And now this is as much his family as his is hers.
how nicely he blended with Khushi's middle class family!

News does travel with lightning speed in streets of lakshmi Nagar. Everyone is aware and extrememly thankful for his "yes". Not have the damaad do any work is a very prevalent sentiment still in India. But uncle takes the liberty of thrusting the carpet into his arms and also instructs him to check out other preparations. What has happened to our stylish shrewd bitwa? joruka gulam ban gaya.πŸ˜† By now he must have an idea of what is going on.. Even the slightly dull Pam, Sim would understand by now..πŸ˜† But our hero still seems quite preplexed by everything around him. Don't the decorations look exactly like Payash's wedding? Maybe to save money they are reusing the garlands and flowers.πŸ˜†.Oh am missing the five star waiter and the gorgeous girl who was oscillating between being busy, blushing, day dreaming. And who wouldn't be when the man had been all hell bent on making even a green leaf katori something worth remembering.

really woh bho kya din thi! I wished if they would've shown that flirting and romancing a bit more. they created the MU too soon.πŸ˜”

"Free ho kya?".. Shake of head.. "nai" .. Can a man both be more straightforward and endearingly muddled than this? Uff he still does not know who Pritika is. Maybe his mind resolutely discards all names except Khushi πŸ˜†. Uncle wishes to get a son in law just like him. Not sure about the parents but millions of daughters do wish for husbands eaxtly like him!  like me.but a man like him doesn't exist in real world, he is too perfect in all accord. Let's hope devi maiyya is listening to all... Since damaadji hasn't spoken a coherent word yet and so defintely hasn't charmed the uncle with his wit and intellect, maybe uncle meant that buaji is lucky to have such a  good listener in her damaad. Buaji is also ready to protect him from the mosquitoes. What's with the Gupta women and their love to protect the man from those pesky insects. His brains ticking finally! He recollects Khushi's hurried hearty yes on behalf of him. But the man will now no longer hurt anyone even unintentionally.  "Koi takleef nai hai buaji". And Abha Parma walks away I bet having thoroughly enjoyed such long scenes with Barun.

Khushi announces food is ready and then very sweetly asks Arnavji to move. As expected he doesn't. The speaker blares and he almost trips over. "Haw aapke kaan toh tamatar jaise laal ho gaye!" .. She hasn't forgotten the morning tryst and from the change in his looks either has he. A second earlier he was ready to fight and now the sudden softening of expressions. His wife wants to play with him how can he not play along.πŸ‘πŸ‘ However asli duniya may treat them these lovers are always entirely wrapped up in their own little game. They are interrupted by Nandini aunty looking around for more flowers.  Ever helpful Khushi rushes to get the baskets down and her husband with his sixth sense alert follows. Almost like the Holi scene where he runs after her. Like any other husband he chides his wife for her inefficiency masking the actual concern behind it. He knows she bumps into things, is prone to accidents, gets bruised easily. How much he cares!

Such a colorful visual palette the marigolds provide. As she actually listens to him and starts to come down the ladder, devi maiyya decides they need some extra breeze to spice things further. The duppatta all ready for this signal gleefully flows covering her beautiful face. He climbs up to help her. He cannot stop looking. Even with the radiant pink duppatta completely hiding her face she is the most beautiful woman in the world. undoubtedly, she is so beautiful!With infinite precision as if his very breath depends on this he raises his hand to remove the ghunghat. Hypnotized he looks on with the slightest smile. He finds his peace yet his heart races. She looks here and there shy to meet those fascinating eyes. Time for a little nudge from devi maiyya.πŸ˜† And she looses her balance a little, leaning forward. He is quick to seize the opportunity and bends his head forward in a hug. Leaning into each other, so close, her heaving breath and his almost garrulous eyes. Sanaya's expression transformed into the woman who can feel every unbidden sensation. His hand on her shoulder where both their eyes get drawn to. He nods and send her down. Always the gentleman. Holds himself firmly in check never crossing boundaries which we would so badly want him to cross.

he certainly would've crossed the boundary if it was not a prime time hindi soap. No sane man can resist such beauteous. 

loved you description of the scene.

After all that her sweetest lost voice "humare phool". "phool main le aunga".. Love! It should definitely be this way! Since the lovers are so well behaved devi maiyaa decides a nudge is not enough and push it shall have to be. πŸ˜† As she tumbles down he turns them around to save her as always. They land on the ground with her head on his shoulders. We see his expression. Has he just lived a thousand lifetimes full of happiness in this one moment? How can Barun showcase this from a side shot of his profile alone? Devi maiyaa can rest since the kids do the rest. heavenly shower of flowers. They don't want to get up. That soft expression refuses to leave his face and his eyes refuse to leave her face. Stay this way for hamesha. Let time stand still.

one of my most favorite scene of Arnav and Khushi. let me whisper something in your ears, don't tell it to anybody. doesn't his expression resembles to some satisfying state after🀬 I'll PM you the word, if you didn't get it.

The basket falls on her head. They have to get up now. The spell broken. She is busy fixing her duppatta. I love how she does this each time she is nervous around him. Very genuine reaction from a girl inexperienced in these matters.The funny thing is her dupatta never covers her asset. He looks away regaining composure. Try as he might there is something in the air of Lakshmi Nagar that is not letting him remain indifferent to the cravings of his heart. Perfectly said. he is a different man in buaji's house.   it turns out she is more focused than him. Still worrying about the flowers and he looks down "I know", in that fascinating accent of his. He couldn't do this for her. He had meant to fix it. But she is smiling. The flowers have been spread and everything is all right in her world. And his as well as he treats us to that rare smile of his. Pretense free they savour the magic for now. I can almost close my eyes and see the two in peals of happy laughter.

this was the precious rare smile of Arnav.

Next she rushes to fix the generator and is determined that she will succeed. I swear I saw him smile as she got up and left. How amusing doe she find her. How his boring black and white art film life has turned into this vibrant colorful marriage filled block buster extravaganza. So true. No husband can be depressed if he get a beautiful babli, good hearted girl like Khushi. it also means money can't buy happiness. Reassures everyone that she will fix it. A bit of showing off perhaps in front of laad governor. She can be super efficient too. She knows how to change flat tyres and repair generators. He stands away from the limelight. A telling grease mark on that unblemished face as she is unable to fix it. Haw why did that man say in in that tone "Aap toh rehne dijiye!" You go show him boy! ASR is great at everything he does... She taunts him and he keeps quiet. Actions speaks louder than words. Javeria just mentioned this in her comment. I have no idea how he knows what to do. Maybe he has a secret hidden talent and like drumming he spent his college days repairing stuff with a screw driver or maybe the days before that.

this is ridiculous that he knows everything.  If they would not have shown him as an expert of all, we would still love him.

"Surat nahi hath mein bhi damm hai" haha.. How dare they get away saying such things.. What has happened to khukhaar laad governor rakshas ASR? She stands impressed. So he does weights, looks breathtaking without his jacket and sheathed in sweat, brings golgappa, climbs ladders to brings her safely down and even fixes generators. And then smirking touches her cheeks with complete familiarity to wipe away the grease mark. Our man can't be too sweet so back to ASR mode only with her.  As soon as he said ,"Tum har kaam nahi kar sakti...", I was transported to the poolside and that golden pink duppatta. We need a repeat of that lagi shart please please. Puffing up her cheeks, a great mimicry of "har kaam kar sakta hun" as sanka devi's brains go on an overdrive.

absolutely loved your take here. Just love flirtatious ASR! I wish if IPK would've happned again with Sarun! My heart always craves more. I know my dream will never come true.

The harassed man has no place to sit in the room. And so conscientious is he that amongst all this he tries to get work done sitting next to Salman Khanji, as Khushi sweetly points out.  He has earbuds in his ears! A knock again and this time a quite likable kid comes to get his engine fixed. But jeejaji is in no mood to play nice. The kid has been tutored well by didi as he immediately erupts into howls. Jeejaji makes some hard to describe expressions and decides to give in. He is openly rude with the kid and has no patience when his precious laptop is touched but once the train starts working is persuaded to be dragged out of his room. We know what's to follow for the great mechanic.

Back in dear old shantivan having had no distraction from mami and babliya we are instead treated to some villany by Shyam. He finally figured out Arnav Singh Raizada left all his property to his di. Just my humble opinion but I didn't need to break into a safe to guess that part of the will!

Enjoyed so much.
Another favorite episode of mine. The ladder and falling scene was so cute and romantic. Your description was superb.
all the blue lines grabbed my attention.
My silly and naughty comments are everywhere in purple.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
thanks Rhea for reading my 234.
an extra thanks to make me his jodi, kash ye ho pata! 
the mooh dekhai scene and Khushi's teakwondo sleep makes me ROFL, seriously.
I'm glad that you enjoyed.
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Thanks faiqa for reading my 232.
and thanks for letting me know about the significance of number-6.

He can do anything for her and she can die for him but still stubborn 
what you said in this line is absolutely true. Too stubborn, too egoistic! Though Khushi irritated him, abraded him, but when needed she even could die for Arnav. so that when he was leaving for London, she said that, if he would go like this, she will not be able to breath.
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

EPISODE 236

Khate Meethey Rishtey, Umeed se...

[Hope and dreams in Relationships...]

I tried searching for this promo couldn't find it. πŸ˜”

Today's epi is reminding me IPK early promo where Arnav says,"humare Kapde humain banatain hai"[ our image and dignity makes us...very egoistic] because appearance is everything for him  For the ASR we met in the first few episodes this would have been quite true but since that time we have learnt so much about him that we know it is not just about appearances and money for him. But agree that coming to Gupta house will open his heart much more. and today That delusional cloak is coming off slowly.His observations are stretching by seeing how everyone at home and around it's surroundings are keeping his Royal respect as a Damad intact. Their every action revolves around this whether Arnav babua will like it or not.. They are willing to undergo some hardships if Arnav  gets his happiness, He is an apple of All eyes.These relationships are the true strength of any human being in which Khushi looks rich and Arnav is way poor.Khushi drives her strength from her family while Arnav is weak in this case and that's why Khushi's " Hum tho khilathe hain , par yeh khaathe nahi " [I gave him to eat but he doesn't] is significant... Khushi is caring and compassionate towards him but his suspicious nature prevents him from accepting it , leading to his weakness !!

He has been welcomed with open arms in this town. There are unbelievable things in which you believe but sometimes your beliefs seems shorter in length in front of the Love and care of others and in front of the circumstances you are in , whether you are rich or poor. Today we encounter such scenes which urged me to think in this direction while some took me to compare Shyam and ASR.

Pause here:A contrast of the guest on the other side, Babli is surrounded by cool gadgets away from love and concern from HEART.

The  first cloak off of Royal mind begins with the Public  Bath of Arnav ..Arnav runs out of water and standing in the doorway covered in foam ,can't open his eyes in desperate need of fresh water to clean himself .Khushi rejects Garima's idea of using kitchen water and leads him by holding his hand to the water. The moment his eyes gets clear and discovers his territory totally gets dismayed to know his current position .He shows his indignation to Khushi but the gathered crowd  do not give a special thought to it but in return they invite him on breakfast. ... Arnav would have torn Khushi to million pieces but he is surrounded by those people for whom lack of basic necessities are facts of life and they did not find it awkward to see Arnav taking bath publicly and dealt with it sensibly and this helped the perception of Arnav because  though he felt affronted but he understood this is  a way of life and that brings his rage on halt and he just shows his annoyance to Khushi by saying "Don't talk to me" ...instead of 'How Dare You Khushi Kumari Gupta ? "... πŸ‘ I admit (a little grudgingly hi sahi) but the Arnav of inital days would have definitely reacted differently. And now he understands her. 

Yes,Khushi wanted to show him how tough it is for people below the poverty line to survive; how they have to depend on "Ration" food; how they have to wait for the "Municipal Water Supply" or how they survived without AC or even Fan... One day, if they run out of time, they are delayed in everything. Then there was the Dargah scene when Khushi told him - "aap ko toh Bhagwan ka ehsaan manna chahiye ke aap ke paas sab kuch hain". Yes those intial days.. Even the shaadi speech was lovely. I think he did know all this but he needed that reminder. Needed someone to stand up against him. Like that one time when his nani had said that he is turning into his father. Just someone to correct him. So that he does not become hard hearted.. Someone jise ma pehchan bhi nai pati.Indeed that is so true and today we saw even if these people are not of high class still they have "Manners" . This scene was for ASR to understand how people work hard for their basic life and it's amenities.

This is one of the scenes where I think they both looked their best. And during Payash's wedding track. I love her in white and him in black.

Khushi's "Bijlii aagayi"meaning Hope that darkness will be removed for forever...Arnav is in the Gupta House ,meaning that this is where his final part of the MU will get cleared. This is where the story of Khushi and Shyam started and this is where Arnav will see its reality.

But this fits on Khushi here,"Hope is the only thing stronger than fear"... because in her life there is nothing but HOPE,   that she will be able to find the reason for this sudden marriage, ,the reason of sudden change of his behavior so drastically from one moment to other.A hope that she will be able to push Arnav to the edge to spill the truth.A  hope that she will be able to change the opinion of this person who has become so important to her unconsciously and hope that she will be able to remove that hate .."nafrat" which she can't bear in his eyes for her. Hope is her only lifeline because the other side is Fear and that she cannot afford to think, because that represents her worst nightmare, the end of her marriage, marriage which was and is the most important thing for Khushi Kumari Gupta. The end of which will effect her life as well as her family , A stigma... Her parents will die with that.

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: Eyes covered with foamy soap  and can't see now but he is conscious and is leading towards purity[Water..meaning Khushi]] by Khushi and same later during kidnapping covered with black strip , Khushi will be unable to help him but her presence will guide him and black strip will be removed for permanently meaning all the misunderstandings will be washed away.

[INFO:"Rapidly-modernising India is drowning in its own excreta," notes the New Delhi-based Sunita Narain, Director General of the Centre for Science and Environment in a Comment piece published on June 14,2012 in Nature... "over 2 billion people in China and India have gained access to improved water sources from 1990 to 2010, and the proportion of the global population still using unimproved sources is estimated at only 11 per cent." ... India still accounts for one-third of the world's 1.42 billion poor people. Today access to improved water source have increased but the timely water supply is still valid and this is how low-middle class people really survive their daily necessities even in rural areas...]

Here comes the dining table scene which completely depicts the the "Big Heart" that the Guptas have.Arnav's happiness is their biggest asset for which they can go any length without a frown on their faces.

Symbolism and connection: Khushi goes for bringing curd from the neighbors.Three things Milk, curd and ghee which comes from sacred cow are viewed as the concentrated essence of the plants and are symbol of Purity , spiritual nourishment and removal of negative energy.

Don't forget we are seeing plants and water in this track a lot either Anjali is giving them water or Khushi or Arnav meaning, Arnav's pure Heart always remains in the picture as well as Khushi's.

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: When ASR and Khushi's vehicles have an accident and Khushi told him - "har cheez paison mein nahin toli jaati". Aur ek baat, hum aapke nuksaan ke saare paise chukka denge, lekin jo nuksaan aap ne humara kiya naa, uski bhar pai aap zindagi nehin kar paoge".[Not everything can be bought from money, I will pay your damage but the damage you've done to me and my family has no price] Then she said again - "Khuddari se jeetein hain humlog".  ASR answered- "Khuddari ki baatein bahut sasti hoti hain, tum bhi yehin ho, aur main bhi. We'll see". Today he is seeing and feeling all of that "Khudaari " and Khushi's words of nuksaan will come to picture too during Preeto's wedding. nice connection. Yes he does see khuddari. 

Garima and Buaji spend all the money they had on food without hesitation to just make him home. This is called "Khuddari and heart"that Khushi always talk about. ..As my grabber is Arnav's guilt to know that they paid the bill.Khushi's words are coming around.

Garimaji and Buaji did all that even without knowing that Arnav had ordered the food for the entire family . The  moment when he tells them that the food is for everyone , The surprised look on their faces spreads a happiness across their faces  ..Their happiness brings a PURE smile despite the strange taste of fusili,macaroni etc ...because for  Gupta's it is not the action but the thought behind the action that counts and content across his face knowing they liked it

This reminded me of Nani's words "Chotte ko akele Khane ki aadat hai" ....[he is used to eat alone]... Arnav Singh Raizada who has gotten used to his own company is craving for company, for the approval of Guptas. How amazing is that? his small smile of happiness with Buaji's approval  is showing that oomewhere inside him ,there is a boy who is craving for unconditional love and he will get it right here in Guptas. Ohh the sweet sweet boy.

PONDERING COMPARISON DOTS:This scene took me to Shyaam's Chaat scene. He made all of the Khushi's fav to remain in good book for her without caring Payal or Buaji's choices .. "Hum aap ki pasand jaan te hain Khuhiji".. But There is no fake acts in Arnav..he knows that  Guptas have never tasted that kind of food yet that does not stop him from ordering for them ... even now he is thinking from his POV just like AC and he has not entered the world of Gupta's yet , but he is including Gupta's into his world and not just Khushi only. He took into consideration their likes too while ordering the food. Healthy soup for Babuji, Spicy pasta for Khushi, macaroni with mild sauce for Buaji and Fusili for Garimaji. Yeah these foods were new to them but that is what ASR all about. He never tries to please anyone or expects if anyone wants to accept him.For that they have to first understand him like the way he never forced Khushi to change for him at any step. Arnav's heart is "Pure". Which, Khushi and the Guptas' will figure out at the end of this track. Genuine. No harm in his live and let live attitude. And what makes it good also is that he realized he unintentionally hurt everyone and fixed is so sweetly as well.

Loved the reaction of Khushi, [sanaya did a good job here] .. She goes in different phases of reactions while seeing the bill but she couldn't pick up the fight with him as it was her fault which brought her family at this point but her rage changes into a soft amusing smile and happiness seeing his Laad Governor into a thoughtful damad here and Khushi is touched, when he hands over the pasta to her.He ordered especially keeping her taste in mind. she loves teekha [spice] she holds on to it as if her life depends on it - but her happiness does not last long as in the next second as he accused her of a Thief.

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: Ajeeb hai yeh...when Arnav gave her the food tiffin on Kanyadaan , she ddn't eat that day and just looking at the food because Arnav gave it to her , considering her"unhon ne di hai..." ... Arnav has given his heart to Khushi but she does not know that but when she will know ...it will be the most precious thing that she will have and she will take care of his heart and him above everything and over everything.,, oh those start of dhak dhak days..

Today he was very close to his limit but he had not crossed it yet. When the shock came with his car he could not control it any longer and he blamed her for the bath. A person who has been quiet holding the ocean of pain inside him just called her a "Chor" [Thief].  Arnav's perspective is that Khushi is a thief who has stolen his sister's husband, and her happiness and she has stolen his dreams. Dreams that he had started weaving because of her, dreams that made him believe in beautiful life, dreams that made him dream of living his whole life full of dreams once again. According to him,she is stealing his dignity, his class, everything that makes him a man he is today.

How wrong he is because like Khushi said "Aaapka anuman mausam vibhaag ki bhavishyavani ki tarah galat hain",[ all his interpretations, all his assumptions,all his views are incorrect.] ...The  base of his assumptions is all wrong because he is unaware that its not Khushi but he himself is a thief who stole her dreams, his and her family's dreams just because he did not believe her enough and that he will find out after knowing the TRUTH...Loved this "Its okay for people to see me taking bath - but its not okay for us to fight... yes this dialogue was amazing. a real fight.

Pause here: Today he called her a thief and soon one name calling will  lead to spilling the reason... Khushi tries to make him quiet,[ Role switch]... while the image conscious Arnav has no intention of doing so in his anger.This reflects the middle class upbringing of Khushi ,status of family ,relationships which will be guarded and protected from the eyes of the prying world...The marriage or any relationship  will be presented as perfect at all times to the outside world !! intersting Faiqa. I feel that too. Look you making me understand myself in your reviews!

He got stripped twice and then suspicious File at the end that shows , something is going to happen with Arnavji...

Symbolism and connection:Before Khushi changed his tire to make sure his car keep running, meaning his life stays stable.Now Khushi says, "Apke baithne ki kursi..." and all 4 wheels are gone...at the top Shyam has the key...meaning Arnav's life is going to be out of turf now.

Shyam has made the key ...Yeah..!!!

Mamaji's presence was useless...Double Yeah...!!!

Very well written Faiqa. Truthfully I am very biased about some things in this episode but your write up puts things in a different perspective. And it does not feel forced. Really love what you wrote. And all your mention of old days makes this a trip down memory lane. Lots of thoughts above as well.  Thank you for this!