Arshi SS Key to your heart..Chapter 15...*COMPLETED*

Aish002 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi...this is my first attempt at writing something..pls do give me feedback...😊

For PMs...pls like or comment on the latest chapter...

Note to new readers (added on 11/2/2014) - please don't be discouraged by the short chapter 1 posted below..Please read on..I am sure you would find this SS enjoyable by the time you have reached chapter 6...!!)

Key to your heart ...

New banner by siva2901..thank you dear

Prologue

It was one of those days...when it seemed to him that the sombre mood created by the rainy day somehow matched the feeling inside his soul...driving to the office, early on a monday morning...he drove through the  mumbai traffic..just like any other day...with the car wipers clearing his view ahead...

She woke up with a start..and looked at the alarm..2 minutes to 6 am...she was always like this...she could never sleep well on the night before such important days...she always woke up on time..even before the alarms would ring out..saying a quick prayer, she got down from the bed and went to get ready...

Little did these two know that today, the cosmos had set the wheels in motion...that the road was set...for a journey where they would find each other...for a journey where they would meet each other...each holding a key to the other person's heart...

Character Sketch

Arnav Singh Raizada       : Arnav, 28 owns a fashion house and lives in Mumbai with his  naani, his maama and maami and cousin brother Aaakash. Anjali, his sister is happily married to Adv Shyam Jha and lives nearby.

Khushi Kumari Gupta      : Khushi, 22 is a graduate from NIFT and is on job-hunt. She lives with her Amma and Babuji, her adoptive parents and their daughter Paayal.

The setting and characters are same as in IPKKND. 

Story synopsis: romantic arshilicious love-hate story..:)

Chapter 1

Edited by Aish002 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aish002 thumbnail
Key to your heart ...

Index

Prologue and character sketch :  click here
Chapter 1         :  scroll down
Chapter 2         :  Page 2
Chapter 3         :  Page 2
Chapter 4         :  Page 4
Chapter 5         : Page 6 
Chapter 6         :   Page 8  
Chapter 7         :   Page 12
Chapter 8         :   Page 17
Chapter 9         :   Page 22
Chapter 10       :  Page 26
Chapter 11       :   Page 31
Chapter 12       :  Page 36
Chapter 13       :  Page 40
Chapter 14      Page 45
Chapter 15      :   Page 49
Edited by Aish002 - 9 years ago
Aish002 thumbnail

Chapter 1

AR designs Head Office

The dark blue Mercedes Benz sailed through the entrance and into the special parking spot...right next to the entrance...The door opened and out stepped the CEO of AR Designs...Arnav Singh Raizada aka ASR...the young entrepreneur who had put his blood and sweat into building the AR empire...a man who somewhere along the way had forgotten to enjoy the fruits of his labour...who was so focussed on challenges that would come up tomorrow; that he forgot to live in the present..

Khushi stepped out of Gupta House...she was wearing a white cotton saree with small black flowers printed on it...her hair was tied in a bun...she was in such a hurry that she had not glanced out the window while getting ready...that was a mistake...as she walked towards the bus stop..the heavens opened..the slow drizzle was turning into a downpour...Mumbai monsoons had arrived..."at the worst possible time", she thought...the bus came soon after and she got in...while sitting in the side seat, she quickly went through the job descriptuon...mentally preparing the answers for the questions that might come up...for the position of secretary to CEO..at AR Designs...

Hi guys..pls hit the like button...and leave your precious comments..even if it is just a hi...would mean a lot to me a dis is my first attempt...n sorry for the short upd8..chapters will get longer as d story progreses..tc..😊

Precap:

She was standing facing away from him...looking to see if the bus was coming from around the corner...the bus had stopped a little ahead of the stop...as the crowd rushed to it, someone pushed her...she turned around, the hair bun loosened and the silky strands cascading down like black waterfall...he saw her face and she took his breath away..

Chapter 2

aashi12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
nice yaar! With the touch of IPk and yet the differnces, especially an educated graduate Khushi, mercedes in place of SUV, mumbai in place of delhi.. Its all interesting as well!

All the best for the story!
Continue soon!
Aish002 thumbnail

Key to your heart..

Chapter  2

Hello evryone...thank u 4 the likes n comments...was really encouraging..so here is chapter 2...lengthier one..as promised..be kind as this is my first attempt at writing..FIRST EVER...enjoy!!..:)

Arnav was greeted by Aman who came running to the entrance..catching his breath, he said..

"ASR...the clients have arrived half an hour early...i tried calling you..but could not reach you.we need to get to the conference room now...here is the client's final proposal..."

Arnav was irritated, to say the least...he knew that he would need to go through the file and go through it quickly...he walked with Aman to the elevator...all the while keeping his eyes on the file..

Aman entered and pressed the button for topmost floor...As the elevator doors were about to close, he saw a young lady in saree running towards them.." hold the door please..."

Khushi thanked the gentleman and while panting, she pressed the button to 4th floor...as directed by receptionist...and stood facing the door...

Arnav, who was concentrating on the file, felt a sudden rush of cold air entering the elevator...clenching his shoulders tighter, he skimmed the pages..that was when he heard the thank you..slow, sweet and melodic..he glanced up...His view was partially blocked by Aman who was standing in front...then he saw her...

Or rather..he saw her neck..with the clear view offered by the hair tied up in a bun, he saw the smooth, fair neck..with raindrops glistening on it..he could not see her face..he realized that the morning rains had drenched her slightly...the raindrops were looking like dew drops on her neck..he thought...he shook back to reality when he heard the trring sound of elevator..

Khushi stepped out of the elevator and looked for the cabin of Aakash Singh Raizada..She was asked to wait in the foyer by his secretary...she took a seat next to a large window...looking out of the window to calm her nerves...

Arnav looked at the traffic below and as he turned back, he saw that Aman had returned from ushering out the clients..after the meeting had finished successfully...

"Aman, when is the new secretary joining us?we need to get someone soon...my marketing manager cannot be running around all day, booking my appointments and prepping me for meetings.."

" ASR, Aakash is interviewing candidates as we speak..you will have a secretary joining tomorrow." He then walked out of the cabin, leaving an ASR who was busy typing a letter into a laptop...

"aah the troubled life of a secretary less CEO".Aman thought to himself..."well it was ASR's fault that he was in such a situation..4 secretaries in 3 months is not a small number..but ASR didnot seem to be impressed by any secretary since Mrs Desai..who was his longtime secretary, but left AR as her husband had died and she moved to U.S to be with her family..he has chased away all the new recruits with his infamous anger or the ASR death stare.."

Khushi stared at Aakash in disbelief..."Sach...!!??I mean, I am selected...thank u thank u so much sir..i will not disappoint you"..

Aaakash replied.."Yes Miss Gupta..you are selected..and let me tell you one thing...i did not select you just for the role of secretary, i selected you as I want you to learn the workings of a design house up close..I have gone through your certificates and references from NIFT and i see a future designer in you.."

"Unfortunately we don't have openings in our design department and that is why you are joining as secretary..take it as your golden ticket..girls would kill for working in AR...keep that in mind and good luck..my secretary will show you around the place and you have to sign the contract today...she will introduce you to the various department heads' secretaries..you will take up your duties from tomorrow on"

Thanking him,Khushi joined Aakash's secretary Sheetal, who then took her around the huge AR Office, introducing her to all the colleagues and giving her a detailed overview of different departments..she assumed that the office tour was very important as she was going to be assisting the CEO...who appeared to be a strict task master from the face expressions that the colleagues gave on hearing that she was the new secretary of their CEO, Arnav Singh Raizada...She could not meet her boss as she was told by Sheetal that ASR was busy in meetings..

The final meeting for the day was over and Arnav was tired...he leaned back in his seat..closing his eyes..he had sat through 2 lengthy client meetings and 3 video conferences...so busy was his day that he had coffee for breakfast and lunch..the caffeine was keeping his eyes open, but he could feel the tiredness weighing down his body...

He glanced at the huge wall clock and got up to go home..he got his car and driving out of the office, reached the signal near the bus stop...he was waiting for the signal to turn green...that was when he saw the white saree. 

On a downcast day like this, the color stood out in the crowd...she was standing facing away from him...looking to see if the bus was coming from around the corner...the bus had stopped a little ahead of the stop...as the crowd rushed to it, someone pushed her...she turned around, the hair bun loosened and the silky strands cascading down like black waterfall...he saw her face and she took his breath away..

Rabba ve... ;)

Trivia/ inspiration:

Arnav seeing khushi's neck first- inspired by true first meeting of johnny depp and vanessa paradis..apparently thatz the first thing he saw abt her and he was fida..sad that the marriage didnot last

Girls would kill for job in AR - Devil wears Prada...

Chapter 3

sree1993 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hai...I just read the 2 parts and I loved it...would like to read more of this...please continue soon 😊
zayana123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I just read your work... it was perfectly awesome...
your start was amazing love to read more about dis story...
Aish002 thumbnail
Hi...Thanks for your likes and comments..each and every feedback is much appreciated...enjoy chapter 3 of Key to your heart..:)

Key to your heart..

Please note that text in blue and italics is for what the respective characters are thinking..but not saying out loud...

Chapter 3

The blaring of the horns distracted Arnav..He looked up to see that the light had turned green. He stepped on the accelerator and drove towards home...

His thoughts drifted to Anjali di's wedding day...Arnav was watching Di talking to Shyam..whispering something in his ears, while Shyam smiled at her with  a twinkle in his eyes..Arnav felt happy, knowing that his Di had found her prince charming..that she was not alone...not anymore...unlike him..Shyam saw Arnav glancing at them and beckoned him..

"Saale sahab, dariye math..hum aapke Di ko bahuth door nahin le ja rahen hein.." ..("Arnav, dont be worried..I am not going to take your sister too far away..")

Anjali spotted some of her friends and walked on to greet them..Shyam told Arnav 

"Saale sahab, bahuth jald aapko bhi doolhe ka sehra pehanna hoga..mein jaantha hoon ki anjali ke bina aapka haalath kya hoga..isi liye hum keh rehe hain ki aap bhi shaadi karlo..aur hamari anjali ke liye ek pyari si bhabhi le aoo".

(very soon you too will have to wear the attire of bride groom..i know that you will feel very lonely without Anjali...That is why I am suggesting that you get married and bring a sweet sister in law for my Anjali..).  

"haan chotte, bilkul pari ki tarah ek bhabhi"..(yes Arnav, a sister in law who will be like an angel)chimed Anjali, rejoining them..

That is what she looked like..Pari...(Angel..)..kaun hogi woh...i have not seen her 
before in my office..kaun ho sakthi hain..(who could she be..)

Then he remembered Aman's words about Aakash conducting interviews..Kahin woh meri secretary ki vacancy mein...Arnav did not have time to complete his thoughts as he had reached Raizada mansion..

Naani asked Arnav about his day and they talked for a while. Arnav thought of asking Aakash about the girl, but rejected the idea soon. He knew that if he asked Aakash about the girl, by tomorrow morning, Naani and Anjali would have booked the mandap (wedding venue) for his wedding. Ever since Anjali got married, his whole family was pestering him to get married. 

As someone who did not even go beyond a few dates with some models at his design house, Arnav was sure he would not have time for a steady relationship, let alone a grand indian wedding and a wife. He had dinner and send some important mails for clients in U.S. He then settled into sleep.

Khushi was dressed in a light pink cotton saree that matched her baby pink colored cheeks and had worn her hair loose.She walked into the CEO's cabin. She was informed by Sheetal that he was in a meeting with Aman. Khushi glanced around the room...

Trophies adorned the cabinets and right in the middle was a mahogany desk with a large swiveling chair behind it.She walked towards it and saw that there was a photo made of crystal frame, turned towards the seat. 

She took it in her right hand and was about to take a closer look when the crystal frame slipped. It hit the rug. She bent to pick it up and saw that a diamond shaped bead on the frame had separated from the frame and had rolled down the rug, below the desk. She got on all fours and tried to reach it. That was when she heard the cabin door open.

"Listen Aman, I am extremely disappointed. These clients are a pain in the neck...how could they change the terms at last minute...We have already placed their order to the suppliers...I want this sorted..NOW!!"...

Aman knew better than to reply even a yes and silently scrambled out of the room. Arnav sighed.."I cant believe this is happening..DAMMNIT"..

ASR walked towards the desk and thats when he noticed the pink cloth fluttering on his chair..He walked closer.It trailed down the chair and into below his desk.."What the..!!"..

Then he realized that it was a woman wearing a saree, searching something below his desk..She slowly moved back and raised to get up..At first she saw the shiny black shoes..

She slowly got up, moving her eyes upwards to meet his...He was shocked..the pari from yesterday..what was she doing under my desk..that was when he noticed her holding the frame in one hand and holding out the diamond bead in the other palm..

"Hamein maaf kar deejiye..woh...humse galthi se yeh frame gir gaya...sorry"...

Arnav continued staring at her..Mistaking his shocked silence to be that of anger, she kept both the things on the desk and ran out of the office..past a stunned Arnav...

Khushi entered the small cabin adjacent to the CEO's and took her seat..She glanced up to see Arnav, still staring at her through the glass wall separating the two cabins..That is when Khushi got a good look at Arnav..the firm jaw..the icy stare...and those eyes..brown..like her favorite caramel chocolate...and the looks.."hey devimaiyya...the CEO looks like a model himself"..

Slowly Arnav broke the stare and sat in his plush chair, swiveling away from Khushi's view..Khushi too looked down at the files and decided to go through those.

Thats when Aakash came at her door and asked her to follow him to ASR's cabin..Petrified, she stood up and walked behind him...Aakash went in as Arnav gestured him to take a seat..He then looked at Khushi, who immediately started studying the lines on the hardwood floor...

As Arnav finished the call, Aakash introduced Khushi.."Bhaiyya..meet Ms Khushi Gupta..your new secretary.."

Arnav while seated, extended a hand to her..which she took hesitantly..He could feel her nervousness..the soft palm in his rough hand was trembling slightly..."Pleasure to meet you Ms Gupta..Welcome to AR"

She muttered a low thanks and withdrew her hand..Neither Aakash nor Khushi noticed that Arnav's hand stayed in the air a fraction of a second longer..Aakash said.."So Khushi..I will be leaving now..good luck and bhaiyya..see you at home.I am leaving for a client visit.."and he left the room.

Arnav said teasingly with a smirk on his face, "Ms Gupta..are you going to stand the whole time you will be working in AR?..Oh i forgot..you like being on this side of 
the desk, isn't it?"

Khushi felt the color rushing onto her cheeks..She quickly took a seat. "Ms Gupta, here is your first task..Please prepare a report on Mr. Khurana's KH Fashion...I have a meeting scheduled with Mr. Khurana..and I want to know every detail of their new acquisitions..you have 3 hours..and yes, you will be accompanying me "

Arnav called out as she was at the door.."Oh and one more thing..please get me coffee..no sugar"Khushi looked at him wide-eyed.."I am diabetic..."

After taking a sip of the coffee, Arnav could have sworn that the coffee tasted sweet, though he chose to remain silent than bark at his secretary.

The report was on his desk in 2:45 hours..Arnav and Khushi took the elevator down. Arnav got in the car and gestured Khushi to get in. They were then on their way to KH firm's Office. 

Arnav was happy with the way the meeting had culminated. Mr. Khurana was one of his major competitors and to get him on their side was a sign of big achievement for AR. Mr Khurana was a highly respected fashion house scion and Arnav knew of his stature in the industry. 

As Arnav got up to bid goodbye to Mr. Khurana, he saw that the elegantly derssed Mrs Lata Khurana had entered the room. She then engaged in the converstaion with the deputy CEO Mr Lalchand. Arnav turned to greet Mrs Khurana and he told Khushi in a low voice.." I will be back after talking to Mrs Khurana."

He had stepped ahead when he felt her arm tugging on his elbow. "What are you doing, Miss Gupta..?"

He growled under his breath..Khushi looked up at him and shook her head to indicate a no...Arnav looked at her for a few seconds and then shook her hand off him. He turned and met Mr Khurana, extending his hand in a goodbye. Everyone else had left the room. 

Khurana sheked Arnav's extended hand and said.. "Its wonderful to know that we will be working together...This deal could not have come up at a better time..As you might know, we at KH have a tough time ahead, with my business in Hong Kong to be split with my EX-WIFE Lata..the details of divorce were finalized yesterday and though it will not affect our deal in any way, I wanted you to know"..

Arnav nodded as if in a daze, quickly bid goodbye to Mr Khurana and walked out of the room with Khushi in tow.

Once in the car, he looked at Khushi and said "Thank you...that could have been embarrassing..How did you know...about the divorce...?"

Khushi looked back with a naughty smile and replied 

"Akhbar mein hum sabse pehle Page 3 padthe hein sir...unke anban ke baare mein tho che maheene pehle hi khabrein thi..divorce ki news aaj ke page 3 mein 2 column news bhi hein" ...

("Everytime I open a newspaper, I read Page 3 news first..There were gossips about dispute in between the Khurana couple since last 6 months...And in today's new paper, their divorce has been reported..that too as a 2 column piece in Page 3")...

Arnav could not control a small smile that crept up on his face..and for Khushi, the whole world stopped existing for her from that one moment...

Please note that Hindi is not my mother tongue...hence please ignore the grammar mistakes..Buddy me for PMs...and leave your comment...:)

Downhill thumbnail
thats fabulous.. a delightful read this story is...
Arshi.Sugi.IPK thumbnail
Chap 1 - Nice update but short1