Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: faree

read all the chapters in one its amazing 

hey..welcome dear...glad that new readers are liking it..thnx 4 ur comment..tc
Aish002 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: cute_sarun

hey read all the parts of the story in one go, its an interesting story ..can you please pm me whenever you update 

hi...thnx 4 ur comment...hav sent u buddy req..pls accept..vl pm u ven i update...😊
Edited by Aish002 - 10 years ago
zayana123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
That was an awesome part...  anjali's match making gonna start soon... 
Aish002 thumbnail

Originally posted by: zayana123

That was an awesome part...  anjali's match making gonna start soon... 

hi...thnk u so much 4 ur comment...😊..yes...anjali s gonna play a positive role in the arshi story...
siva2901 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Aish002

Thanx a ton Siva...well..anjali is definitely going 2 help things progress.. 😊

awww😳😃 waiting dear
Aish002 thumbnail
Key to your heart 

Thank you my dearest readers for all the comments and likes...i try and reply to each and evryone..apologies if i have left out anyone...pls continue to read, give feedback and of course..like and comment...😊 This is the lengthiest chapter yet.. a small gift for all my readers..and there is a surprise in this chapter...😉

Please note that text in blue and italics is for what the respective characters are thinking..but not saying out loud...

Chapter 7

It was not every day that Anjali visited Arnav at office...He remembered how he had to practically drag her to the mandatory board meetings twice a year...She was a major stock holder, but someone who was quite happy being a housewife..She had expressed her displeasure many times...as she used to sit with a pout and squinted eyes..staring at Arnav all through those meetings...

Hence to say Arnav was surprised at her sudden appearance at the office would be an understatement...Arnav's query was answered by an unusually hyper Anjali..

"Haan Chotte..tum hi to kehte ho na ki ye company meri bhi hain..mujhe bhi business baaton ka dhyaan hona chahiye..isliye maine socha ki chalo aaj main office aathi hoon..aur humare agle fashion show ke designs bhi dekh lethi hoon...saath mein dhkho..tumhein to maine surpise bhi kiya..aakhir ASR ko dusri ASR hi surprise kar sakthi hain.."

("Yes Arnav..you are the one who is telling me that this is my company too..and that I should be more involved in the business...so i thought..well..today..i will come to the office...and also i can go through the designs for our next big show..on top of that..see..i managed to surprise you..well..its only an ASR who can surprise another ASR..")..

Arnav, though much happy to see her..had his doubts as to the real reason for the appearance..Hiding his doubts effectively, he got up and proceeded to show her around the office..and took her to the studio upstairs where the fashion show team was busy with all the preparations..

As soon as he entered, he saw Khushi..wearing a white sari with light blue border...and white flowers sewn into the delicate sheer pallu...

Khushi's saree:

He realized that she was not wearing her kaajal today..she looked remarkably make up free..even sans the light make up she used to wear..

She had a pencil tucked behind a ear and a notepad in hand...helping the head designer Lavanya put final touches on the attires...She too sensed Arnav in the room, raising her eyes to meet his...her hand not reaching the notepad, yet turning on its own to write letters in the air..hearing but not listening to what Lavanya was instructing her...

Khushi was taken back in time to the events of the previous night...when Arnav had adorned her with the waist chain...Arnav..sensing the direction her thoughts were taking, moved his glanced downwards...he felt a little disappointed..to see that the waist chain was not in its place today..he muttered a little curse under his breath at his thoughts...of course..why would she wear such a piece of jewelry to office..you have gone crazy...he thought..

Anjali moved to the right to greet a very happy Aakash...breaking the clear line of sight between Arnav and Khushi...They both returned to the respective matters at hand..Arnav went back to his cabin to attend a video conference..when he returned half an hour later, he saw Khushi and Anjali chatting...both smiling heartily...he walked towards them...

"Khushiji..aap hamare ghar ek din zaroor aayiyega..naaniji aur sabh aapko bahuth misss kar rahi hain..har din woh Arnav se bhi poochthi hain ki unki khushi bitiya ki thabiyath ab teek hain ki nahin.." ...("Khushi...u must come to our house again..Naaniji and everyone is missing you badly..She enquires Arnav everyday about your health...") 

"Woh Di...aajkal bahuth kaam haina..fashion show ke baad hum zaroor aap sabse milne aayenge"..("Actually Di..because of the fashion show, its very busy at the office...once the event is over, I will surely visit you all")..

"Teek hain Khushiji..aayiyega zaroor...aapka hamare ghar  mein aane ka hum sabko bahuth intezaar hai..haina Chotte?.."..("Ok Khushiji..u must come...after all...we all want you to come visit our home again...Right, Arnav?"..)

The question caught Arnav off guard, who had his eyes fixed on Khushi...He gathered himself and muttered a usual-than-louder yes to Anjali..who had a mischievous smile plastered on her face...When Anjali glanced back at Khushi..she could sense that Khushi too was a bit flustered..She realized that her office visit had not gone in vain...

While walking towards their cars in the evening, Arnav asked Aakash.."Toh kya plan chala raha hain Di aur bhai milke.."  ("So..what is my sis and brother upto ".).

Aakash replied stammering.."Bhai..kaunsa..kaunsa plan..?".("What ..what..plan bhai..?").

."Aakash..answer me..I know that you and Di together planned her visit to office"...

Aakash asked too quickly "Kaise.."..("How..?")..

Smirking at Aakash's inncoent answer answer that validated his suspicion, Arnav answered "You did not look so surprised to see Di today at the studio..it was clear that you were expecting her to show up..next time..take some acting lessons..."

Khushi was standing near the dressing mirror...She wanted to apply the night cream..But somehow..she could not look into the mirror...

Since Arnav "helped" her wear the waist chain while holding her gaze through the mirror, she was unable to look into any mirrors...They all reminded her of him...his eyes..the way they seemed to say a thousand things..while not even batting eyelids...the way they seemed to look right into her soul..her heart..She let out a sigh..for the first time in her life, she had gotten ready for the office in the morning..without looking in the mirror..She just could not..But that meant she went make up free..

She knew she cant do that everyday...She cant spend her life avoiding mirrors.Her amma had scolded her seeing that she was stepping out of the house looking like a pale ghost..She did not even like the scent of the perfume she was wearing..The smell of Arnav's cologne seemed to have wrapped around her while in the studio..it seemed that it refused to leave her..

She had found herself stealthily taking deep breaths while she was around Arnav during the day..as if she had wanted to save it for later moments when he would not be around..

Slowly she raised her eyes and looked at her reflection..But she had to avert her eyes quickly and run back to her bed..hiding her face in the pillows with a small shy smile on her face..because all she could see in the mirror was him...the special moment being replayed..she turned off the bed lamp but was lost in her thoughts hours into the night..before sleep took over...

Dinner party for the design houses taking part in the fashion show..At the Hilton hotel:

The party was on in full swing...everyone was dressed in the finest design wear...The party featured Mumbai's who's who...the rich and famous design house heads as well as the dashing models and movie stars...

Arnav and Aakash were busy with other invitees whereas Khushi and Sheethal were at the bar counter..Sheetal had forced Khushi to wear a western party dress..insisting that her sarees were not best suited for the high fashion party...All through the party..Khushi could be seen tugging at the hem line..clearly uncomfortable with the new style she was forced to wear..

Khushi's dress:

They  were standing away from the bustling dance floor and guests..scanning the crowd...playing a fun game of rating the guys...Sheetal said a Hot 10 on spotting a male model...Khushi was a little shy in the beginning..imagining her Amma chiding her for eyeing the boys...while she was supposed to be at work...but she too caught on..and started rating guys..then they saw Ehsaan Khan, famous movie star enter the party...Sheetal started fanning herself..telling Khushi that she was about to faint..."Rating is through the roof Khushi darling..Not 10..not 20...Solid 100..:!!"..

Khushi seemed less impressed..

."Whats with you..dont tell me you dont find him hot..?"asked Sheetal..

"He is...ok"..replied Khushi..

"Ok...Ehsaan Khan...THE movie star..is Ok..come on Khushi..look at him...omg...its too hot in here.."

"Oh ho Sheetal...he has a nice build and all..but look at him...look at his stubble..."..

"So...tat makes him hotter...makes him look more mature..intelligent..not like those puppy faced teen chocolate heroes..even ASR has a stubble"

"Nahin Sheetal..yeh stubble yaah beard..jo bhi ho...aise lagtha hai jaise do din mein na nahaaya hain nahin shave.kitna stink kar raha hoga...mujhe to samajh mein nahin aata ladken clean shave kyun nahin rahthe...mujhe to aise heroes pasand hain...jaise shahrukh khan..salmanji...hayee..."..

("No Sheetal...stubble...beard...whatever it is...makes guys look like they have not had a bath nor a good shave in two days..i cant understand why guys don't just go for the clean shave look...i like my heroes to be so..like Shah Rukh and Salman..Oh my...")   

Khushi went into her own dreamworld...swaying left to right..hands clasped...thinking of her favorite heroes...

"Khushi ..tum bhi na...chodo...!!" ("Khushi...you...forget it...no use..!!")...exclaimed Sheetal and left to join the crowd..in the hopes of getting a photograph with Ehsaan...as Khushi went upstairs to freshen up..

Arnav slowly took the champagne glass from the bar counter and followed Khushi..making sure that she was not aware of him..same as he had maintained a distance at the bar counter while the conversation between the two girls had fell on his ears..

Khushi had just stepped out of the room that had been allocated to her and Sheetal for the night...The luxury hotel's long corridor was lined with huge windows adorned with long curtains...made in the finest silk...They slightly swayed in the cool night's wind...Khushi took a moment to stop and enjoy the view..The hotel gardens with the fairy lights had the appearance of a fairy tale woodland under the moon light..She was immersed in the view..when she felt someone behind her...She turned quickly to meet the eyes of her boss..Arnav..

She was startled to see him again such close proximity...Why wasnt he at the party..?..thought Khushi..Her thought was apparent on her face as Arnav replied..

"Khushi...parties are boring..so I came here to see you..and..."

He did not complete the sentence..the things left unsaid made Khushi look up at him with suspicion..."and..?."..

Arnav replied with a smirk.."you will see..."

"Hamein party me jaana hain..Sheetal wait kar rahi hogi.."...("I have to go now..Sheetal must be waiting..")..

"Who..Sheetal?...the last time I saw her..she abandoned you for a Mr. Ehsaan Khan.."

Khushi looked at him with widened eyes...Her mind was flooded with questions..How did he know Sheetal had gone to meet Ehsaan..Hey Devi Maiyya..had he listened to their conversation..?

"Yes...i happened to hear some of the deeply philosophical theories that you two were discussing over at the bar"...Arnav said to Khushi..his tone dripping with sarcasm...

Khushi could swear upon herself that this was the most embarrassing situation  in her whole life...her boss..hearing vat she and her gal pal was talking abt..tat too about rating guys..Oh god...why does not the earth open up and swallow me...she raised her eyes upwards in a silent prayer with this thought..

Sensing her discomfort..Arnav added further..for some reason he was having fun..."Dont worry Khushi..I am not here to scold you...In fact I would like to discuss this topic more...with you"

Khushi, surprised and shocked..managed to utter a feeble "Sir..?"

"Yes..Khushi...as I recall you had some interesting opinions on guys.."Arnav said while taking a step towards her..

Khushi stared at his boots while taking a step back..

"So in your opinion, a man with a stubble have not had a bath..for how many days did you say..Aah yes..2 days..and they might be STINKING...so in that case...I too must be stinking...is it not.. ..Miss Gupta..?."

"Sir...aisa kuch..kuch.. bhi nahin hai...aap tho bilkul stinky nahin hai..aap se tho bahuth achchi khushbu aathi hai sir.."("No Sir..nothing of that sort...you are not at all stinking sir...in fact...you smell wonderful.."). Stuttered a visibly nervous Khushi...taking steps backwards carefully as Arnav stepped closer...

"Really..i must be smelling really bad..and you dont like such bad smell..right...Miss Gupta...?"

"Nahin tho..Mujhe tho aapka khushbu tho bahuth achcha hain..mujhe bahuth pasand hai Sir..."..  

("No Sir..I think you smell really nice...I like your smell a lot... ")

Khushi clasped her mouth as soon as she said that out loud...

Arnav's face beamed a victorious smile.."Come again...u mean you like how i smell...a lot.?.."

Khushi glanced skywards...disappointed that her earlier prayer was not yet answered...there was no need...after all..thought Khushi..she was digging herself deeper..

She sensed Arnav coming closer...She looked up and saw that he was moving his face to her right...as if to whisper something...She stood still..

"Khushi..you too smell wonderful..like a fresh rose in the morning..in fact..you are looking like rose bud right now...luscious red..so...kissable.!!"whispered Arnav in a husky voice...

Khushi was in a hyper alert state...she could sense the wind touching her skin through the sheer lace dress she was wearing...she could sense the goosebumps...but she was most aware of the person standing close to her..so close that his stubble had started slightly caressing her right cheek...She turned her face to the right...She could see his eyes..Her glance moved downwards to his lips..which were nearing hers...She took a deep breath...

And then she took a step back...her foot hit the metal plant vase that was kept in the corner of the balcony...she let out a small cry as the pain seared through her foot..she bent down to clasp her foot...but could not as Arnav was directly in front of her...

Hearing her small shriek...the smirk on Arnav's face disappeared...He kneeled to take a closer look...but with the dim lighting of the stairs..he could not see anything... He could sense Khushi's hand on his shoulder..She was grasping onto it for support..Rising up, he took Khushi in his arms and took her to the swing on the balcony...She was clutching her ankle...

He removed her heels gently and took hold of her foot..There was no visible wound..though an area appeared bruised..He ran his fingers over it...he glanced up to see that she had her eyes closed..."Its ok Khushi..just a minor bruise..you will be fine..."

Khushi looked at him and said weakly.."Mujhe ab ghar jaana chahiye..raat bahuth ho chuki hain.."( "I should be going home now..Its getting late")

Arnav offered her a lift..but she declined as she was  going in Sheetal's car..

Khushi was finding it hard to place her leg on the floor...Arnav came to her and without a word, picked her up..Khushi wound her arms around his shoulder and just kept her eyes on the floor..He let her down at the landing near the top of the staicase to the party floor..She could see Sheetal standing nearby..talking on phone..with her back to them..

As Khushi tapped on Sheetal's shoulder, she turned to look once more at Arnav. But all she could see was the long corridor with the curtains swaying in the wind..

Sheetal disconnected the call and along with Khushi..went to the parking space..
Khushi was sitting in the car, waiting for Sheetal to bid goodbye to some friend she had met during party...while she saw Arnav and Aakash walk towards their vehicles...As Arnav opened the door, he saw Khushi looking at him..He smiled and mouthed a good night..She smiled and wished him in return..Soon Arnav and Aakash were on their way home..while Khushi was dropped home by Sheetal..

Hit the like button and comment frnds...

Edited by Aish002 - 9 years ago
ameena671 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
wow amazing update loved it.
Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Nice update! Though Arnav giving Khushi a lift would have been cuter... Oh well, things don't go that fast in real do they..
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Fantastic update.
Anjali and Akash plan her sudden arrival in AR and that too to see designs of coming fashion show especially, very smart. 
She saw sparks fly between Arnav and khushi and she knew very well whats going on with her chotte's mind and heart. She is observing everything very closely. She even tease them in the end.
Sheetal and khus are becoming very good friends. In the party though Arnav was with Akash but he was having a close eye on khushi, he was mesmerize of her simple beauty. 
The effect of previous night and Arnav tying khushi the waistlet is making khushi shy and profusely blushing. She is falling in love. I love khushi's sarees.
The end was lovely and romantic. The night ended pretty well. I am guessing sleep will far from their eyes this night as well. They can't stop thinking about each other.
 Can't wait to read more about this lovely story.