Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jtammareddy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Awesome update. Khushi is still a little in trauma. But I see things r changing between Arnav and Khushi with the wedding preparations.

Thanks for the pm.
ipkknd1234 thumbnail
awesome story ...
each chapter is very interesting...
makes u think what will happen next...
adventure_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
loved the  update, thanks for pm!
aleena.1884 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice story... simple n sweet in the beginning, but the office twist was awesome... n now payash wedding... n nk too is now in the picture..
omg. can this get any better...

k i think it was lavanya that nk held in his arms, but i wanted it to be khushi yaar... love to see a J arnav with his green eyed monster full in action..
kritash thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome.
loved it.
superb.
fantastic and fabulous.
Arshi.Sugi.IPK thumbnail
Awesome update loved it
arhiforme thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wedding preparations r great change for guptas specially for khushi she is not sad n even trying to participate whole heatedly for her jiji both sisters bond is adorable loved their teasing session 
Khushi is still scare of Arnav's anger glad he was tried to control for her like khushi is home remedy
For his anger management
Liked the way NK landed n made our hero jealous
yoga123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wonderful story...read all the parts in one go...brilliantly portraying different emotions...reminding epic scenes from IPK...you used the scenes so sensibly building Arnav and khushi's relationship...AR office description has taken my breath away...khushi's saris are to be mentioned here...they are breathtakingly beautiful collection...could imagine khushi in those beautiful saris...Arnav does not think when he is angry...he proved it once again by blaming khushi that she has stolen the designs...sending police to search her house...he might have said sorry and all but he has not shown his trust when required... it was Anjali who knew that Arnav has acted in anger and did not know the entire truth...it was a wise decision khushi took to rejoin AR...thanks to the efforts put by Anjali and Aakash... now it is Payal and Aakash marriage...can't wait to see how time will bring Arnav and khushi together again...please accept my buddy request...can you please PM future updates...thanks in advance...
Aish002 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Thank you all for the comments and likes..😊

Thanks to these readers whose comments have motivated me to write more...your comments are something that I always look forward to...

Javeria3991, Vkes, shruthipoojary, padhoo, madhu1210, DMGFan-2b-not2b, zafi, ravalisharma06, DaisyHoney, ameena671, IsleOfCapri, pooja102, dva2vra,
 aruni50218, zainy26, madhusquare, mehreenl86, mickyami, hajr, luvmisdd, fan95, 
crazyqueen, ranogill, laksh65, rajiarshian,  jtammareddy, ipkknd1234, shiv456, 
adventure_gurl, aleena.1884, kritash, Arshi.Sugi.IPK, tinsel, arhiforme, yoga123

Special thanks to the new readers who have commented..<3

To all the silent readers...Please please comment..It would make me happy and encourage me to write more...😊

PM list update - I send PM to each and every one who has liked or commented on the most recent chapter till then..

Update alert: later today...😊
Edited by Aish002 - 10 years ago
Aish002 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

^Thank you note and PM update - previous post

OK guys..here is chapter 14..I am super nervous about this update...

Please let me know how the scenes in this chapter felt to you..

liked it..hated it...my choice of words..suggestions...any and all thoughts on this update will be hugely appreciated.. 

Key to your heart..

Chapter 14

The engagement ceremony of Payal and Akash was to be held the next evening..but the bride's younger sister was busy with work at office...she was in turn helping her brother-in-law enjoy the celebrations at Shantivan, while she sat in for him at an important meeting at the office..The fashion show was to be held on the next weekend after the engagement..

She wanted to leave as early as she could...but the Grinch called ASR was spoiling everything by extending the meeting...double checking and triple checking the preparations for the show...Khushi nudged Lavanya and vented her frustration through her eyes...

Khushi had got permission from Akash to leave early..But Akash himself had been unceremoniously dragged out of office in the morning by Anjali..who was fuming because he had not yet bought a sherwani for his own engagement...And Khushi had to stand in for Akash in all the meetings..

She had pondered for a moment about asking ASR for a half day leave, but any optimistic chances of her getting one had gone out the window..when she had seen Arnav wince while Lavanya had handed him a thick folder of the show's final details...and her thoughts were confirmed when he had glared at her...the laddoo burn still at the back of both their minds..

She was now stuck in the most boring meeting of the century with Laad Governor..her train of thoughts hit a halt when she saw everyone getting up to leave..Lavanya had to leave early as she had a salsa class that evening..NK was supposed to accompany Arnav to Shanthivan, but Mami had asked him to get her the Mac Ruby Red lipstick for her make-upwa..

This left Khushi and Arnav on their own..Arnav offered her a lift and as she was already getting late, she took it up..

They were half way to Laxmi Nagar when he got a phone call...

"Hello..Di..yes...I have just now started from the office..who?..yes..Khushi is with me..ok."

He handed over the phone to Khushi...

"Di wants to talk to you.."

"Ji..Anjaliji..aap kaisi hai..sab taiyyariyaan khatham hui..?.."

("Yes Anjaliji..how are you..finished all the preparations...")

Anjali replied pleasantly...but she had an ulterior motive for the call..now that she had gotten one of her cousin brothers hitched, her list had Arnav's name on top next...

"Khushiji..mujhe aapse ek chotti si help chahiye thi..waada kijiye ki aap na nahin kahegi..."

("Khushiji...I need one small help from you..please promise me you will not decline to help")

"Anjaliji..aap kahiye naa...jo bhi help ho..meri yeh promise hai ki mein haa kaheghi.."

("Anjaliji...please...you can ask me any help..I promise that I will certainly help..")

"Teek hai..baat yeh hai ki Naniji ne strictly kaha hai ki kal ke function mein sab pariwaar wale desi clothes pehnenge..aur iss liye maine aaj subah Aakash ko zabardasti sherwani shopping ke liye le gayi thi...par iss ke beech main toh yeh bhool hi gayi thi ki Arnav ke paas koi sherwani nahin hai...agar woh kal bhi apne kaala coat pehenke aya to Naniji yeh engagement rok bhi sakthi hai.."

("Well..the thing is...Naniji has strictly insisted that everyone should wear Indian attire for the wedding..And that is why I had dragged Akash for sherwani shopping today morning...But in all the hurry, i forgot about Arnjav's outfit..He does have even one good sherwani...If he wears his black suit tomorrow, naniji is going to have a fit and she may even stop this ceremony..")

Never the one to lose a chance to exaggerate the situation and blackmail her prey into submission, Anjali went in for the kill..

"Khushiji..jo help mujhe aap se chahiye...woh yeh hai ki aapko Chotte ke saath uske  liye sherwani shopping karne jaani hai..."

("Khushiji...the help that I want from you is that..you should accompany Chotte for selecting a good sherwani for tomorrow..")

Khushi forgot her promise in a nano second and blurted out..

"Nahin..main.."

("But...I..")

"Dekhiye Khushiji..aap apni promise thod rahi hai...aapko jaana hi hoga..aap Chotte ko phone dijiye.."Anjali said in a mock hurt voice..

("See Khushiji...you are breaking your promise...You have to go...now let me talk to Chotte..")

"Phone..."

Arnav wondered what had Di told her to make her so nervous..

"Haan Di...what.?...no way...Di..can't you tell her I don't wear Indian clothes..?.dammit...what the...sorry Di..haan..teek hai...but just this one time..."

He disconnected the call and shot a look at Khushi...

"So here's the thing..you will come with me to the mall nearby..cos it is too late now to go to AR and choose something..I know of a good Indian attire store in that mall..we will choose the first sherwani on display and go home..got it..?I am already getting late for a video call with Mr Richards.."

Khushi nodded silently and sat with bated breath till they reached the huge shopping mall...and then they both walked straight to the wedding wear store..

Khushi entered the shop and saw Arnav picking up the first sherwani on display..As she was about to stop him, she saw a beautiful young lady in a dark blue saree walk up to him and greet him..He too seemed to be greeting her back pleasantly..

Next thing Khushi saw was Arnav being dragged to the couture section by the lady...she followed them..

As she went and stood next to him, Arnav did the introduction...

"Khushi..meet Ms Radhika Sharma..She used to be a designer at AR and now owns this beautiful store...and Radhika,this is Khushi, she is Akash's fiance Payal's sister.."

Khushi smiled at Radhika who returned it with equal warmth..Soon Radhika was forcing Arnav to try on their best design and he was finding it hard to refuse..She quickly shortlisted a subtly designed  sherwani and asked him to try on and decide..Her assistant came to her with some important matter to attend to..she then excused herself for a few minutes..

Arnav looked at Khushi who found the situation slightly funny because she knew how much Arnav hated shopping for Indian wear...Pursing his lips, Armav headed to the trial room..

He changed from the suit he was wearing and into the outfit..but was having a hard time putting the sherwani on..because it had a brooch with a button attached to a chain and he had to get it out it through the button hole..But since he had burnt his right hand the night before, he was not able to..He decided to take a look at how he appeared wearing the desi attire..

Khushi was straightening her dress by looking at the big mirror in front of the trial room when she heard the knob turn..and she saw him, looking ethereal in white...

He looked regal like a young prince, standing with a hand over his heart...But his next words broke the illusion..

"This damn thing is not closing properly..."

He then turned to the mirror trying to put the brooch through...but winced again as his fingers were still sensitive..

Khushi slowly stepped forward to him and faced him...She kept her eyes on the flap that lay open...not daring to meet Arnav's eyes at such proximity...She slowly  guided the brooch through the flap's button hole, laying her hand on top of it to straighten it out...

As her right palm was softly pressed on his chest, she could feel it..Dhak Dhak..Dhak Dhak...it was not her heartbeat...

It was his..beating in a faster rhythm ...his heart had reacted to her and her touch...She raised her face and looked into his eyes...deep brown...like chocolate swirl...he was looking at her slightly confused..unsure if she was sensing what he was feeling too at that moment...

He slowly clasped his own left palm over her right one...their palms forming a hold over his heart which continued to beat at that higher pace...

"ASR...so sorry for that..I had to attend to something important...I am sure you know very well about all the troubles that comes with owning a designer showroom.."..Radhika said in an apologizing zone..

Arnav withdrew his hand from over Khushi's, who did the same..

"Wow..you are looking handsome..Wait till Anjali sees you in this sherwani..She is gonna find you a bride asap.."

Arnav rolled his eyes thinking about that scenario...as Khushi realised that Anjali's obsession with her Chotte's marriage was common knowledge..

"It is a brilliant design Radhika...I will take it..."

"I am so glad you chose our design ASR...It is a privilege..I will wait till you change back into your suit so that we can pack the sherwani for you.."

With the sherwani now in a designer shopping bag on the backseat, Arnav headed off to Laxminagar to drop Khushi at her home.

Shantivan

The engagement ceremony was a small but happy affair and Akash was introducing Payal to some of Akash's college friends..The young ladies at the party were fawning over Arnav who looked dashing in the designer sherwani..Khushi noticed that he was trying to stay away from all that by sticking close to Shyam and his mama...Lavanya was last seen by her running to the outside garden to pose for photographs as NK had been endlessly praising her get up in the desi ghagra choli..

Khushi sighed and went to the poolside to relax for a little while..she had been quite busy during the morning helping Payal find everything she needed...The poolside looked inviting with its light blue water and the lounge chair on which she could sit back and relax..

She sat at the edge of one of the lounges and straightened the pleats of her saree 

"Tired..?.."...It was Arnav, leaning onto the French windows..

"Yes..a little.."

He then came and sat on the chair to the side of her's..

"I am so happy jiji has found her life partner in Akash sir.."

"Akash is a great guy.He has always made me feel proud as his elder brother..and I am sure he is as lucky to have found Payal too.."

They both sat there, reliving the fond memories they have of their dear siblings..

Garima came to them with a glass of sherbet..

"Bitiya..ye lo sherbet..tum bahuthi thaki ho na..Arnav beta..main tumhare liye bhi ek glass laon..?.."

("Khushi...have some cool drink...you must be so tired...Arnav..shall I get one for you too..?")

"Ji nahin..thank you..I just had coffee.."

("No..thanks..I just had coffee")

Khushi smiled at him knowing his obsession with the dark concoction...

Arnav stood up to leave..

"Beta..main subah se tumse kuch kehna chahthi thi..ki aaj tum yeh sherwani kaise pehan liya.apne suit boot chod ke..tum iss sherwani main bauth achche lag rahe ho...tum pe yeh jo, bachche kehthe hai na..desi look..bahutha jhach raha hai...kabhi kabhi suit boot chodke kurta ya kuch aisa pehan liya karo.."

("Arnav..I wanted to ask you something from morning...how come you wore sherwani today...?..I was expectiong to see you in one of your suits..You are looking very good in this sherwani..such kind of clothes suites you very well..do wear more of these kind..what do the kids call it..ah yes..desi look..it fits you perfectly...")

Arnav raised his eyebrows hearing this from Garima..

"Thanks aunty...but aapko patha thi na, ki main aaj suit nahin pehanne wala..?"

("Thanks aunty..but you did not know that I was not going to wear a suit..?")

"Nahin tho.."

("No...")

"I see...thanks again..."

Garima left while Arnav sat at the poolside fuming..

And he let it all out when Anjali came to take him inside photographs with guests..

"Di..how could you.?...this is cheating..you told me yesterday ki Garima aunty ne kaha hai ki function mein sab family members ko desi kapde pehanne hai..nahin to woh yeh ceremony rok bhi sakthi hai...aunty ne kuch aisa kaha hi nahin..haina..?...you made it up..you tricked me.."

("Di..how could you..this is cheating..you told me yestereday that Garima aunty had insited that every family memeber has to wear Indian wear..otherwise she would even stop the ceremony...But she never said anything like that..Did she..?...you made it up...you tricked me..")

Then he remembered something.."Par aapne kal Khushi se kya kahi thi phone mein.."

("But..what did you tell Khushi over the phone..?")

"Woh..maine wohi kaha jo tumse bhi kaha tha..lekin Garima aunty ke badle Naniji ka naam liya.."

("Actually..I told her the same thing..which I had told you as well...but..I took Naniji's name instead of Garima aunty's")

"I knew it..."

He pointed at Khushi..

"She would have known you were lying if you took aunty's name... Garima aunty is so soft spoken..threatening to stop the ceremony and all..that was so not like her..Di..I am gonna change into casuals right now..enough with this damn itching heavy sherwani.."

Arnav told her frustrated...while Anjali went back to the hall...happy that her plan succeeded even if she was caught by Chotte..

As Anjali left, Khushi started laughing to her heart's content...She likened his stance to that of her childhood favorite Donald Duck..with the red anger level rising step by step from the ground up...Arnav glared at Khushi...

"Shut up Khushi..."

But it did not have the effect he wanted...She started laughing even harder, irritating him to the core...

"I know how I can wipe that laughter off your face..."

And he took a step towards her menacingly...Khushi stopped her laughing fit and started moving backwards..and when she decided to make a run for the French doors, Arnav was too quick for her..He reached out in a lunge and grabbed her left hand, twirled her and she crashed onto his chest..

The joyous sounds seeping in through the French doors of the happy banter in the hall below was tuned out by their minds...

Both stood still for a moment...Khushi encased in his hands...and only her harsh breaths echoing in the silence and stillness of the poolside..

Khushi was unsure what was happening..The Sherwani clad hands were tightly wound around her..one holding her hand back and meeting the other hand of his..right below her beautifully plaited long hair...His cologne..the smell that she used to adore once, seemed to fill out her senses...slightly intoxicating..She was feeling heady..the proximity was overwhelming her..

He lowered his face to hers and looked her in the eyes..

"Aur hasna hai..?.."

("Want to laugh some more...?")

She nodded her head sideways...wary if he will go ballistic on her if she said anything wrong..

He moved his face closer and whispered in her ears...

"Ab chup kyu ho..?kuch hi second pehle tumhein bahuth hasi aa rahi thi?.."

("Why are you quiet now..?...you could not hold back you laughter a few seconds back..")

Their minds recollected a similar movement they had shared at the poolside...on the night of Karwa chauth...

He noticed the blush seeping into her cheeks from the ear...they looked like dark red Kashmiri apple...exquisite and maybe soft...maybe...tasty..?

Suddenly he got an urge to find out himself...There was no going back once he had made up his mind..

Khushi thought he was coming in closer to taunt her again..to tease her even more with the proximity..but his next move was totally unanticipated...

Mmmwaah!!!

She heard the kiss before she felt it...it took her a second to fully grasp what had happened...the sound..the lingering feeling of his lips on her cheeks..She gasped...She turned her face to his..he was still close to her..not having withdrawn fully...

He lowered his glance and alternated it between her quivering lips and her eyes that were fluttering shut and open..

He had got his answer..partially...her cheeks were soft..and the taste...?...

He leaned in at an angle, determined to find the answer...focusing his eye son her pink lips that were shining with a film of lip gloss on it in the soft lights of the pool side..

Her eyes widened...and she too glanced at his lips that were nearing her...but before anything happened, they heard NK and Lavanya..

"NK..how about a photo by the pool side...?"

"Sure Lavanya..anything for a pretty lady like you.." NK said with a charming smile..

Not wanting to have the clown NK walking in on them and catching them in any sort of compromising position, Arnav made a swift move and pushed both of them into a small place in between tall potted plants by the poolside wall...A portion of the wall jutting out, that acted as a wall for the small bonsai plants blocked them from anyone on the other side of the pool..

Lavanya was sitting on the pool chair and posing..while NK encouraged her..

Arnav and Khushi stood there holding their breaths..

"My god Lavanya..you should get into modelling"

"Come on NK..I am not that beautiful.."

"No baby..you are like a parking ticket...cos you have got FINE written all over you.."

Lavanya laughed out loud at his cheesy pick up line..a small giggle escaped Khushi's lips too..but it was quickly downed when Arnav covered her mouth with his palm..before the other two could hear her..

Arnav moved in even closer..smirking..he knew she would not dare make a sound..lest NK and La find them like this..He reminded himself to cut NK some slack next time...he was now presented with this magical moment with Khushi because of NK and his flamboyant ways...

Khushi's heart was beating at a blinding pace...She could sense him moving closer and closer..his cologne incapacitating her from forming any sane or logical reaction...

He slowly kissed her other cheek..and this time without any sound...which made the kiss all the more unbearable for Khushi..His lips were somehow burning her skin and soothing her heart, all at the same time..She leaned back onto the wall and let out a small whimpering sound..

Arnav withdrew slightly and took in her appearance...the flushed cheeks, the eyelashes kissing them at the top...keeping her eyes closed..not allowing him to tease her with his smirk...

Just then they heard NK and La head up the stairs to the poolside..having finished their photo session..

Khushi pushed Arnav to the side and ran to the French doors, planning to get away from him as soon as she can...but her legs stopped when she reached the threshold..She had expected him to chase her..but he was standing leaning on the wall..hands crossed on his chest..smiling at her..

"We will continue from where we left off..no hurries..."

Khushi blushed and left..as Arnav stood at the wall for a few minutes and then went in, deciding to join in the rest of the celebrations..and hoping to catch a glimpse of Khushi before she left with the Guptas...

P.S: Sherwani pic - please ignore the design..chose the pic for the clasp on heart side and the chain thing...sorry..could not find one with brooch and clasp.

Please please..leave a comment readers...Silent Readers - a questionnaire for you to help comment:

what you liked most about this update

what you disliked in this update...😊

...😊..

NK's cheesy pick up line - courtesy Tonight show starring Jimmy Fallon..

Chapter 15

Edited by Aish002 - 10 years ago