DIVORCES ARE MADE IN HEAVEN UPDTD note added on page 100

doublecross thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

i know the title may appear quite shocking to many of you, yet i couldn't wipe off the stupid grin that i had on my face when i got the idea. i am an ardent fan of judith macnaught and i love reading her novels so taking cue from one of her works am starting this story. based on the likes and the response that i get am gonna write further or i'll just drop the idea. so do let me know.

part 1

"Are you telling me that the deed of divorce that had been drawn up by your father 5 years before was actually hoax?" he snarled between gritted teeth.

His expression was grim, his jaws clenched, his eyes cold as shards of ice.
He looked on for an answer

Sitting across him was once his lady of dreams, his love and his wife Geet.

She squirmed under his scrutinizing gaze, she shifted uneasily in her chair.

She knew that once Maan got yo know as to why she had requested for the meeting all hell would break loose.
She sat there averting any kind of eye contact and replied with her eyes downcast, " i... i didn't know at the time, i had left it to dad and he had handled the entire thing, it was only the other day Dev found out about it and he let me know. He asked me to inform you since you are getting married in a weeks time and if you do so while you are still married to me then that would bigamy and even unfair to your fiancee to whom you are getting married" She stumbled and fumbled first but then words came out in torrents forming disjointed sentences that somehow made a lot of sense at the moment.

"Unfair! huh! at least you don't talk about fair and unfair and anyways am glad that your perfect old sport even makes mistakes" He mocked her father whom he detested.

Geet winced at his tone, there were times when he spoke softly to her, his voice that had a silky edge always made her quiver and a shiver ran down her spine, all those memories again made their entrance into her thoughts and she couldn't stop the sad rueful smile that touched her lips. Yet she couldn't just get swayed away, she answered, "Yes he too makes mistakes and too many of them"

When she said those words Maan's heart started beating faster, while she replied her eyes twinkled with sorrow, a slow sad disturbing smile played on her lips and her body appeared limp as if she had given up on something, a hope may be. But what? his mind screamed. She still looked so beautiful, so innocent her pink lips, her rosy cheeks and her porcelain skin with its flawless complexion only added to her beauty. The last time that they had been together she was all of 18, and now she was 23 yet she seemed more beautiful. when Maan got her call in the morning that day he thought that probably she wanted to apologize for all that had happened between him and her father at the party held at the golf club last week. she was always like this compassionate, kind thoughtful. Maan had noted the expression on her face while her father spewed his poison all over him. She wanted to stop it, be by her side, take strong stance. She had even attempted to cut her father off but got snubbed and snapped at unceremoniously by him. She failed to save the situation then so when she called him at his office and requested for an appointment  he obliged thinking there was no pointing holding any grudge but what she told him now left him all crest fallen and angry, angry as hell!
cheaters, backstabbers he thought grimly.

"Now can you tell me that since you have supplied me with the information that can ruin my image publicly and put my marriage plans in jeopardy what actually we should do?" He scorned.

"Get a divorce, quick" she replied remaining calm

"And you think that is that easy and the judge at the court is my pet genie, so when i turn up he would be all willing and ready with the divorce deed and get me a quicky divorce, wow amazing!" He mocked.

Geet couldn't help but smile at his tone. she remembered when Dev her best friend from childhood told her about Maan's impending wedding, she had been shattered and broken. She had cried for days but somehow she had to gather herself which she did and threw herself in work to keep her busy and away from all the news that concerned Maan. For five long years she had chased him in all the papers, marveled at his genius, gazed longingly at the television screen whenever there was an interview of him stored all the magazines with his pictures and all the clippings of his rise. It was not only him who was living his success but it was her too simultaneously who basked at his achievements and celebrate at his wins. How she longed to tell him that what all had happened was wrong but alas! so when the other week when Dev and Meera his wife had come over to her apartment for dinner and inevitably the topic of Maan sprang up they couldn't help but discuss about the divorce that they had 5 years back. It was then that Dev asked her innumerable questions about the terms of her divorce and she was at a loss for words.
He demanded to see the papers, and when he asked her while flipping through the papers that whether they had made any appearances at the court in front of the judge, Geet replied in negative telling him that her father wanted the entire thing under wraps and hence it was all handled under the strict surveillance of her father and she or Maan had never been to courts as at the time Maan was in Venezuela. Dev had shook his head and looked at her squarely telling her that something was not right about the papers and he had went along to investigate the entire thing and it was at the time she realized that she was still married to Maan and they were never divorced in the last five years but were apart.

She looked at him thoughtfully, he was not the same, he was no longer the 22 years young lad from a small town with big dreams but now he was big! One of the most successful young entrepreneurs. He was now 27 and more handsome, his face had gotten a certain character that exuded power, enigma. his eyes were still at their captivating best and they could look through your soul. His body looked well exercised and fit. He was always tall and broad with great looks but now the light stubble across his face made him look irresistible and she was still in love with him but she would have to let him go.

it is a
story of a prince and princess
they came together
they loved each other
they were happy
they were content
until
until the storm
the evil king
he broke them apart
tore them into pieces
they cried
they begged
they were shattered
they were desolate
destroyed
the evil king made the prince believe in wrong
the prince felt betrayed
he was heartbroken
he left his love
while the princess
cried
she was destroyed
deserted
in despair
yet she hoped
she hoped for her love's return
she wanted him
she wanted to be with him
she prayed
she loved
she hoped
and then
he came
but...

Sitting across them in one of the corner tables, a man was observing the pair and he couldn't help but marvel the two together. Their eyes longed for each other and they had a lot to tell each other. He made a note of it and promised to himself that he wouldn't let them break away from each other this time but he would bring them together and he would employ every possible means to do that. Dev promised.

precap; depends on your response whether i would update or not, lesser likes and comments, means i wouldn't update ever and it i find substantial amount of people warming up to the idea i would give you an update soon.

PART 2

PART 3

divorcing

part 4

PART 5

part 6

part 7

part 8

part 9

part 10

part 11

note https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3593878?pn=100

Edited by doublecross - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sridevi_n thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
nice storyline. different concept. continue soon.
ushankitvc thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesum start...would love to read more of it...continue soon...
Sonia.KN thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
haven't read yet let me read ..such a tangy title 
Hanishadevi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
amazing story..geet still in love with maan...pls cont soon.
rsusmita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
nice start continue soon 
Fandeep thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
So different and unique story.will definitely love to read..update next part soon.
maaniqra thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
nice storyline.
different concept.
 continue soon
daredevilisback thumbnail
Awesome story...plz plz continue...loved it..
giaa5678 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome start waiting for more