Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

@Wiwy: You make a lot of sense my dear.. things that are so very close and special to our heart we tend NOT to share with anyone.. like ASR- Khushi encounters strictly remained between them not shared even their siblings for whom they were ready to go through hell (or so we thought until mamiji blew if off on Sangeet day about their Diwali kiss:)). Some times I feel I am almost cheating on my hubby as in "pati, patni aur woh" and we all know who that "woh" is!!😆 Just like the tranquil pool side, silent stars, payals.. and chabis remained the silent witnesses to their passionate feelings.. our respective laptops and ipads will serve as the same for us!!😆

hehehe, hahaha, hohoho.😆🤣
I'm feeling a pang of pity for all you married women!
I'm so proud of my singlehood!.Uff i can go to Arshi's world whenever I want.
i wish I could put a permanent zip on my mom's mouth, who can't think anything else but my marriage.

🤣 Sohara, darling your tarah tarah ki laugh is making me ROFL!  enjoy ur singlehood, but the not so "acchi bachhi's" have just as much fun going to Arshiland ðŸ˜‰ hehe, so your mom has turned into nani/anjali in one going after you to marry?? ðŸ˜† I hope you're not waiting around for Mr.Right...i mean Barun b/c may i remind you he is also in the "married" club.😊

tarah tarah ki laugh. 😆. sohara, you bring out the saucy writer in ami, the serial writer, in fact. and while yeah, the question of how to aaa and die upon seeing hotwa does bother the married woman a bit especially when the man in there life is nearby, you see my unmarried hasti hui bacchi, your man is taken. by a jalebi making, gutsy jhalli paagal kudi. so. in a way the man and us, we share the same "taken" status. and we are happy for him where he is, and he is happy for us all hanging on that curtain. but abhi, where's the place for these bachelor ladkiyan... think you should transfer your attention to nk. before buaji nabs him, that is. what say, ami ji?

wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Horizon

[

@Arshi, I can't watch it with my hubby around, let alone kids. not sure whats wrong with me!!:)

@BW, was it even allowed on saintly SP on a prime time show?? I remember some slogans when Maryada ended to move IPK to that 10 PM  slot. Even then, Barun and Sanaya would have NEVER agreed for that! But the much promised rain song would have been great... it would have been Shola in Shabnam..:)

I am not a achchi bachchi, but it is true what Horizon says, I can't watch some sizzling scenes like Diwali almost kiss, haldi scene in room alone and the scene at farmhouse with my hubby looking on! More than being embarrassed I think I don't want to share it with him! Does that make sense?
[/QUOTE]

@Wiwy: You make a lot of sense my dear.. things that are so very close and special to our heart we tend NOT to share with anyone.. like ASR- Khushi encounters strictly remained between them not shared even their siblings for whom they were ready to go through hell (or so we thought until mamiji blew if off on Sangeet day about their Diwali kiss:)). Some times I feel I am almost cheating on my hubby as in "pati, patni aur woh" and we all know who that "woh" is!!😆 Just like the tranquil pool side, silent stars, payals.. and chabis remained the silent witnesses to their passionate feelings.. our respective laptops and ipads will serve as the same for us!!😆

[/QUOTE]
@Horizon : Wow thanks for transforming what I thought was so nonsensical of me into so much sense! Every line you have written makes total sense!🤗 
Another thing I wanted to share... I remember I had accompanied my hubby on one of his tours. We used to have breakfast together. Then he used to leave for work. And I used to spend the whole day exploring the city on my own till about 5pm. Come back to the hotel and have a relaxing bath and snuggle into bed and sleep till he came back around 8. The time I spent with myself by myself was the best time I have spent in my life. I guess Ipk is like that. The time I spend with the characters esp Barun is something I really enjoy. A time all mine. When I am not a wife, amom, a daughter in law, a daughter, a sister...just me! Hey does that sound selfish
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

hehehe, hahaha, hohoho.😆🤣
I'm feeling a pang of pity for all you married women!
I'm so proud of my singlehood!.Uff i can go to Arshi's world whenever I want.
i wish I could put a permanent zip on my mom's mouth, who can't think anything else but my marriage.

🤣 Sohara, darling your tarah tarah ki laugh is making me ROFL!  enjoy ur singlehood, but the not so "acchi bachhi's" have just as much fun going to Arshiland ðŸ˜‰ hehe, so your mom has turned into nani/anjali in one going after you to marry?? ðŸ˜† I hope you're not waiting around for Mr.Right...i mean Barun b/c may i remind you he is also in the "married" club.😊

@sohara laugh as much as you can dear one day you will be on this side.🤣 I know when Moms start this mission of finding hubby is the most annoying as Ami said I hope you are not waiting for Rajkumar
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

@sohara laugh as much as you can dear one day you will be on this side.🤣 I know when Moms start this mission of finding hubby is the most annoying as Ami said I hope you are not waiting for Rajkumar

@ Sohara:
Enjoy your singlehood dear...While watching Arshi now, when the mundane world calls for my attention, there were indeed times when I just wished to go back to those graduate school days where I could spend all my time without worrying for anything else.. But on  a hind sight I feel my marital/motherly  responsibilities helped me to remain sane.. otherwise I would have certainly been in a Rehab by now...😆
But we sure will look forward to welcome you into our club  soon and good luck with your Rajkumar!

@BD: Tarah, Tarah ki laaf.. how creative like indi said, reminds of many of those utterly creative dialogues of our show!
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

enjoyed that in pink, horizon.

i could never be detached despite trying hard,  ðŸ˜† like i couldn't read dr zhivago. i am the attached sort od person. i think of desire as essential. maybe because i have a lot of it at one level. without desire how would one live, what would motivate one to live? stanley kunitz's cricket who is moved by "desire desire desire," comes to mind.

from his "touch me," published in 200 when he was around 90 i think. an avid gardener and poet is moved to write this about the cricket he sees while working, and ponders on his own state of being.

under a gunmetal sky 
staking my garden down, 
i kneeled to the crickets trilling 
underfoot as if about 
to burst from their crusty shells; 
and like a child again 
marveled to hear so clear 
and brave a music pour 
from such a small machine. 
What makes the engine go? 
desire, desire, desire. 
the longing for the dance 
stirs in the buried life. 
one season only, 
                     and it's done. 

but yes, that cycle of attachment detachment, that's the challenge, that's the key, it seems to me. do your work to the best of your ability but without thinking of its fruit. the one thing in the gita that i think about and find myself agreeing with as time passes. it is wise. that is the only way perhaps to live on this earth with its many vicissitudes,  and yet remain whole. and to work with one's best, someone as base as me needs to feel the attachment. 

fate is inescapable if you grow up in india. it's there in everything, language, culture, names, bhagya. everything is that. yet, a little something says, then what am i? why me? why my peculiar me-ness? and slowly over time this thought of two things moving life came about. one set in you. one set outside of you. i have a say only on the first bit. so i stick to that, let the outside do its own thing, whether as friend or foe or disinterested bystander, whether logical/causal or random. 

and i continued to believe in the eternal, more and more, yet pretty much freeing it of having to do wonderful things for me. trust faith love, and the ability to think/feel it all. oh to be a human being. though i don't think i mind being a tree and it's not because asr has one and loves it. ðŸ˜†

Being the  opportunist reader I am, not an avid, chanced up on "Touch me" and was indeed touched.
Red: Yes, it is indeed the only way, as there is NO other way to lead a normal life if one is eternally guilt struck. These are the norms, what we label to be best practices, some times I can follow some times I can not. But my effort continues!

Our father passed away last Oct after being bed ridden for 2 yrs becos of Stroke. It was hard to see a man , who always believed in self help and never really expected anyone to do things for him,  in a complete immobile state. Not sure how far he / anyone for that matter deserved to lead their last few years in that state, and on a hind sight not sure now if we did our best to take care of him, still guilt struck... and looking for a closure...for some one who gave all the care and freedom to his daughters after our mother's untimely death when we were in very early teens! Do I call this fate.. probably yes.. otherwise there is no way I can lead a normal life without transferring all that stress to the people dependent on me.. my hubby and kid!
As a fan. some where I feel my ill luck is passed onto IPK.. hence that abrupt closure that it seldom deserved! But I am trying to accept these and move on with what I am supposed to do as a wife/ mother/ employee! 

Horizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Ha, ha. I was sort of expecting this reaction. 😆 Can't compare Barun's ASR with anyone. But, just saying that the character would suit Sobhan babu, more than anyone else among the heroes of those times. Oh, by the way, I do like his voice. Hmm.. been awhile since I saw a movie of his. Got to check if the channels have any to offer.

Agree Durga. If we have to pick some one some of that era it has to be him with his well chiseled, gorgeous looks.
Been a while since I watched ANY movie for that matter after IPK happened to me!!:)

BTW, I have to share this, when I was watching IPK in Sept 2011, his parents Barsi episode to be precise, my elder sister was visiting me. She watched scene, one of the most intense Arshi scenes I would say, where he inadvertently shares his pain with Khushi, of how he felt after he came back home performing his parents' last rights.."patha hai jaisa lagtha hai..", she immediately said to me "Oh these two look like typical Yaddanapudi hero/ heroine.. no wonder you are hooked".. :)
our own Telugu M &B writer she was!!:)
Horizon thumbnail

@Horizon : Wow thanks for transforming what I thought was so nonsensical of me into so much sense! Every line you have written makes total sense!🤗 
Another thing I wanted to share... I remember I had accompanied my hubby on one of his tours. We used to have breakfast together. Then he used to leave for work. And I used to spend the whole day exploring the city on my own till about 5pm. Come back to the hotel and have a relaxing bath and snuggle into bed and sleep till he came back around 8. The time I spent with myself by myself was the best time I have spent in my life. I guess Ipk is like that. The time I spend with the characters esp Barun is something I really enjoy. A time all mine. When I am not a wife, amom, a daughter in law, a daughter, a sister...just me! Hey does that sound selfish
@Wiwy, thanks a lot  for sharing your experience. I did the same few yrs ago. It is indeed revitalizing. It is not at all selfish but I find it rather essential as one has to retain "some thing" of one's own to offer anything to the others. We can't afford to loose ourselves totally in our other avatars that you mentioned, of mom, DIL, wife, as we may end up re inventing ourselves after certain stage, may be after our kids grow up!
I guess the reason why Arnav and Khushi are so endearing and their love story so very enthralling is becos of their strong individualities that they had so much depth for their dear ones to offer and explore!
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Disclaimer: Please do not copy my work. If you do, please give credit.

Episode: 93
A dhakka to the dhak dhak 😉 

Parody on the song 'Dhak dhak karne laga' from the movie 'Beta'

Dhakka lagaane laga, gaadi ko dhakka lagaane laga
Gaadi jo beech mein ruk gayi, wo driver ke seat pe baith gayi
Aur main dhakka lagaane laga, gaadi ko dhakka lagaane lagaaa...

Seedhey seedhey dhakka jo lagaane laga
Wo daayaan baayaan, baayaan daayaan karne lagi
Apni taakat pe guroor tha, Khud dhakelne ki zid karne lagi
Maine usko taala bada, par mushkil tha uska chup rehna
Uski badbad se tang hua, uski zid ko maanna hi pada
Sarka, zara na sarka, gaadi ki tyre hi phat gayi

Apni haalat pe hasaa, paagal ke saath jo phansaa...
😆

Translation: 

I am pushing, pushing the car
The car which stopped in the middle, she sat in the driver's seat
And I'm pushing, pushing the car

I was pushing the car straight
She started doing right, left, left, right
She was over confident about her strength, wanted to push herself
I ignored her a lot, but it was difficult for her to be quiet
I got fed up with her blabbering, had to give in to her demand
It didn't move a bit, the car's tyre got punctured

I laughed at my own situation, I am trapped with this mad person
😆 

paagal ke saath phansaa. 🤣 the poor man, oh the natak nautanki of 93 and dhakka, very very nice, durga. loved it.

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

@ Sohara:
Enjoy your singlehood dear...While watching Arshi now, when the mundane world calls for my attention, there were indeed times when I just wished to go back to those graduate school days where I could spend all my time without worrying for anything else.. But on  a hind sight I feel my marital/motherly  responsibilities helped me to remain sane.. otherwise I would have certainly been in a Rehab by now...😆
But we sure will look forward to welcome you into our club  soon and good luck with your Rajkumar!

@BD: Tarah, Tarah ki laaf.. how creative like indi said, reminds of many of those utterly creative dialogues of our show!

@Ami, I'm not an achhi bachchi at all.mei to bohot badmash hoon.I know I will not get Barun.😭 My love is unconditional, so i sacrificed my love for my love.😔 I'm not waiting for Mr.Right too. But you know after a broken relationship I realised it's really tough to be in a relationship and when you are in a commitment like marriage it's even tougher.

@arshi and Ami, my mom is desperate to get me married. 

@Horizon, thanks dear. does RajKumar like ASR exist in real world?
 I'm trying to enjoy my singlehood. But i also know I have to join your club soon..
rehab!😆 don't you think we are already in rehab? 

@Indi
nahiii!!!
no NK. I want someone manly and sexy like ASR
I know married or unmarried we are all floating on the same boat.all characterless women!😆
But I have no problem to give my sexy boy to the beautiful pagal larki.Coz I love her no less.
indi52 thumbnail

Being the  opportunist reader I am, not an avid, chanced up on "Touch me" and was indeed touched.
Red: Yes, it is indeed the only way, as there is NO other way to lead a normal life if one is eternally guilt struck. These are the norms, what we label to be best practices, some times I can follow some times I can not. But my effort continues!

Our father passed away last Oct after being bed ridden for 2 yrs becos of Stroke. It was hard to see a man , who always believed in self help and never really expected anyone to do things for him,  in a complete immobile state. Not sure how far he / anyone for that matter deserved to lead their last few years in that state, and on a hind sight not sure now if we did our best to take care of him, still guilt struck... and looking for a closure...for some one who gave all the care and freedom to his daughters after our mother's untimely death when we were in very early teens! Do I call this fate.. probably yes.. otherwise there is no way I can lead a normal life without transferring all that stress to the people dependent on me.. my hubby and kid!
As a fan. some where I feel my ill luck is passed onto IPK.. hence that abrupt closure that it seldom deserved! But I am trying to accept these and move on with what I am supposed to do as a wife/ mother/ employee! 

opportunist reader, that's exactly what i am.

i am so sorry to hear about you father. and about your mother. i feel sad to hear he suffered as long as he did, despite his doing the best he could all his life, especially after your mother's early passing away. death is immense and absolute loss. of a whole human being, and all that you thought was alive, could never end. whatever i may or may not have tried or said, the loss remains. and comes back to "touch" you as and when it pleases, at least for me. life loses meaning, then finds meaning again, but now i know all is transient. just perhaps our feelings, they remain, somewhere.

horoizon, seems to me after all these years and the things years bring, just because you are honourable, noble, committed, positive, giving, fair, kind, doesn't mean you'll escape difficulty or "bad" things. the math we do, isn't the math life favours. it does its own thing. yet in the middle of it all somehow that effort of the human being, our striving, our complete commitment to something, that seems to rise above everything. even disease and decay and death. your father took care of two young children who were coping with the loss of their mother, and if i have sensed you at all through your words, he did a wonderful job. that nothing can take away. nothing.

bad luck? no, horizon, not that. i have nothing to prove to you that your "luck" has nothing to do with it, but i'll say it anyway. also here's  a super 🤗 for you. crazy and chaotic things blighted our lives, a part will always remain under its effect, but there is something that leaps out and carries on living. even when living feels meaningless. animated. we have saansey and that has its own demands. and then there are the children. 😳

don't feel so bad, dear one.
Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago