Samarpan (An FF) Part 11 (Thread 1/Page 139)

InduG64 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Samarpan

Reason lost the battle, and all I could do was surrender and accept I was in love.

~~~~~Paulo Coelho

~Prologue~

"Samarpan?"

"Yes Aayu, Samarpan…that's the title your mumma was keen upon from the first word of the first chapter."

"But what does it mean, papa?"

"It means surrender…surrender out of love and devotion. It comes from the innermost heart of the seeker. When we know love matters more than anything, and we know that nothing else really matters, we move into the state of surrender."

"Mumma said this book is about your story…yours and mumma's."

"May not be exactly, but it touches upon it, Payal…though I haven't read it. That's the only hint she gave me. She wouldn't let me read a single page before it came out."

"She is so stubborn, isn't she papa?"Aayu chuckled. "How many times have we seen her win an argument with you hands down. You always give in to her….She certainly has a way with words."

"Yes, she has….And to think there was a time when she hardly ever spoke….to anyone, though all that changed when our fates finally merged and stayed interwined," Yash smiled a faraway smile.

"What do you mean papa?...Mumma…..quiet?" Payal, all of sixteen, was surprised. Aayu, six years her junior, nodded his head amusedly, agreeing with his sister. Try as he might, he couldn't imagine his mother as a silent lamb. He recalled the dressing down she gave that bully in the school bus last month for pushing his weight around and making the primary students do his bidding…Nah, his mother could be a tigress if required, especially where her cubs were concerned.

"Yes Payal….silent to the point of muteness. A better part of her life she communicated only with the flowers, the trees, the birds, the stars, and, of course, her diary. Words…the written ones…became her companion almost as soon as she learnt to form sentences."

"Gosh papa! Mumma, taciturn and reserved…that's so hard to relate to (shaking her head and then contemplating for awhile). She is such a cheerful, happy person now. Why was she like that papa? She may not have naanima with her, but she had nanaji, so why would she be so silent? I can't imagine a day without talking with you or Aayu or mumma wherever you are….especially mumma. I so love to hear her voice when she speaks…and she speaks so well. I love to hear you and mumma talk. There's a look…it's difficult to explain…a certain special look you both have for each other. There…it is there in your eyes now as I speak of her."

Yash threw back his head and laughed as he placed an arm around Payal's shoulder, "That's love, sweetheart….something you too will experience when the right person comes along." Yash looked proudly at his beautiful daughter. She may not have Aarti's looks, but she was turning out to be a clone of her mother in every other way…the same softness, the same caring nature, the same penchant to set right every wrong in sight, and the same gift of believing in the goodness of life and of the living.

"Yeah…certainly not like how that Sagar looks at you. Like this…." Aayu made a wide-eyed zombie face and grinned.

"Aayu!!! He certainly does not look at me like that!!!"

"Does too….If he was not such a puppy, I'd have given a demo of my karate prowess for even having an eye at my Di."

"Oh yeah….Who said you are my bodyguard, kiddo?"

"Don't call me that, Di. I am a big boy. ….Papa said brothers are supposed to protect their sisters. Right papa? He also taught me the karate move to save you if any boy comes near you."

"Papa…you didn't?" Payal was flabbergasted…as Yash managed to look a little sheepish.

"I also told you to keep the lesson a secret, young man." He gave Aayu a stern look and then winked at him before turning his head toward Payal, "Don't look at me like that, princess. I am just a concerned father of a very pretty daughter."

Aayu stood up to bounce another pebble at the still waters of the lake and then sauntered over to the lake edge to shoot the tadpoles with his new camera…the one Prateek chachu had gifted, given his latest obsession for photography. At this point he was sure he would grow up to become a wildlife photographer.

They were here, in Nainital, for their annual vacation. Father, daughter, and son were lolling about their favorite place, on the small meadow. A part of the house could be seen from here…where Aarti was preparing something special with naanimasi's help for Yash, as it was his birthday. That's the reason the trio were shooed away from the house.

"Papa, what you mentioned earlier…about mumma's silence…is it something that happened in her childhood?"

"Hmm! Why don't you ask her? I am sure she will tell her best friend." Payal smiled as she rested her head on her father's shoulder, watching Aayu hop on stones in the water.

"Papa, one more question…"

"Shoot!!"

"When did you first meet mumma?"

"On the day she was born."

To be continued...

INDEX

Part 1 (Page 16) https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3448596?pn=16

Part 2 (Page 30)  https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3448596?pn=30

Part 3 (Page 42) https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3448596?pn=42

Part 4 (Page 54) https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3448596?pn=54

Part 5 (Page 65) https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3448596?pn=65

Part 6 (Page 77) https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3448596?pn=77

Part 7 (Page 89) https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3448596?pn=89

Part 8 (Page 101) https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3448596?pn=101

Part 9 (Page 112) https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3448596?pn=112

Part 10 (Page 125) https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3448596?pn=125                     

Part 11 (Page 139)

Samarpan--Thread 2
               Edited by InduG64 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Deepti1808 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
OMG

I just can't believe it.

Here you are back where you belong writing from the heart about sweet-hearts.

THANK GOD you did not take too long to come back to us.
Was missing your words terribly (Apart from your takes and SR of course)

But hey its 🥳

And what a beginning, just too intriguing as it is making me all the more anxious to know more and more about it.
Edited by Deepti1808 - 11 years ago
lovely_nikki thumbnail
Can't believe that I am second to comment. Read it at one go. Loved it.🤗

What I meaningful title👏 loved the way you've described the meaning of the word " Samarpan " 👏

So their kids are grown up, sounds interesting. Loved the bonding between the trio 👏

Can't imagine a quite Aarti 😕. My reaction was like Aayu's, Aarti and quite 😕, but I am sure something major must have happened in her life. Can't wait to know what it was, but I know I'll have to wait for it 😭. But sometimes waiting is good, hai Na? 😉

And OMG Yash first saw Aarti on the day she was born, so that means their love story started from that day 

Indu please please please update soon and PM me. 

And Indu thanks for coming with another story, I am sure it'll be as good as SPARSH ❤️
Edited by lovely_nikki - 11 years ago
princess121993 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
oh wow...absolutely amazing...i m speechless...please update soon and pm me the next update..please
IsYaRoCHeR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wow re!! 👏👏 You came back with another S Story... 😳

After I was missing the Sparsh.. here come another S.. Samarpan!! 

OMG.. Just loved the prologue! ⭐️👏 Another beautifully written piece of writings! 👏⭐️

Aayu is here.. 😳 The conversations are too cute of the mini family here.. Palak, Ansh and Yash Papa! 😉

Excited for more, Indu!! 😃 Thank you for coming up with another story! 🤗

I want PM pls.. 😳😳
gcluv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
yupieee Indu .. you started a another story 
I am very excited 
thank you dear 
Will read  and then shall comment on it 

Sri_Radha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
For new ss dear👏 👏 👏
Great title...⭐️
Amazing prologue 👏 👏 👏 ..So interesting..😛
Wow..cute little aayu and yash convo superb❤️ 😳
Eagerly waiting for first part dear

Edited by Sri_Radha - 11 years ago
drmhp thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
di di di🤗u r back
u r my fav. writer di🤗
wow  
i m so happy that u r back with another SS
first of all nice title 😊 so meaningful 👏
beginning was excellent👏
thanks for starting another SS so soon
di just like aayu i can't believe aarti & quiet😕

ur starting has made me more curious to know more about this story  

pls pls pls update soon and pls pm me 😃

PS -  di can u give me the link of SPARSH
i lost it 😕 and i want to read it again 
Edited by miti16295 - 11 years ago
MelodiousDreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Indu! A new story?! You're asking us if this has potential or not? I haven't read the prologue yet, but you should know my views on the aforementioned matter. I received such a happy shock when I saw this after I came online just now. So happy to see this!

Samarpan: Prologue

Returning to the Prologue after having read 10 parts of this story...Reading everything through a semi-retrospective lens is something I had been looking forward to as I progressed with the updates as they were posted, and I am finally doing so now!

"...You always give in to her...She certainly has a way with words."

"Yes, she has...And to think there was a time when she hardly ever spoke...to anyone, though all that changed when our fates finally merged and stayed interwined," Yash smiled a faraway smile.

Ah! I had been so intrigued by this little exchange between Aayu and Yash when I first read this. Yash's acknowledgement of Aarti's way with words is so deep-rooted. Who would know the impact of those words more than him? "When our fates finally merged..." And this is where I am (where we are) currently in this story of surrender as I am typing this. That is why I felt the need to come back and elaborate - before you come up with another update that leaves me stunned, I should give you a few of my thoughts. That's the least I can do. This deserves so much more than that!

Try as he might, he couldn't imagine his mother as a silent lamb. He recalled the dressing down she gave that bully in the school bus last month for pushing his weight around and making the primary students do his bidding...Nah, his mother could be a tigress if required, especially where her cubs were concerned.

This makes me smile, because I had a similar reaction about Aarti's silence after reading about the quick anecdote about the "tigress" in her. Any mother would be a tigress for her dear little ones, I would hope! But this is also making me think of the amount of courage that Aarti cultivated over the years since her own schooldays. I am thinking of a certain spray bottle...
And also, quite suddenly, I was reminded just now of William Blake's "The Tyger" 😛 The lamb and tigress...But here, they are one and the same, two facets of the same woman.

"A better part of her life she communicated only with the flowers, the trees, the birds, the stars, and, of course, her diary. Words'the written ones'became her companion almost as soon as she learnt to form sentences."

And, of course, her diary...I loved this part, and still do, where Yash describes everything that had been Aarti's silent companions throughout those days of her life - nature and the blank pages of a book, into which she poured out her feelings and story - and it also hinted to me that Aarti was one who must have found a sort of sanctuary in nature, among those things that coexisted peacefully with her and her thoughts. Sitting quietly in the middle of such places, with a diary and pen in hand - I can imagine her thoughts and feelings flowing easily onto the pages of her diaries and journals.

"She may not have naanima with her, but she had nanaji, so why would she be so silent? I can't imagine a day without talking with you or Aayu or mumma wherever you are...especially mumma. I so love to hear her voice when she speaks...and she speaks so well."

More contrasts and moments from upcoming parts are coming to mind! I am marveling at how your details fit together like pieces of a puzzle that is so large and so pretty...That mention of "nanaji," the reference to Aarti's voice...And Payal saying that Aarti speaks so well. Who would have thought that the woman that Payal is talking about would have spoken to Yash years ago in a way that could not have been termed "outspoken" in the tigress-like sense of the word?

Yash looked proudly at his beautiful daughter. She may not have Aarti's looks, but she was turning out to be a clone of her mother in every other way'the same softness, the same caring nature, the same penchant to set right every wrong in sight, and the same gift of believing in the goodness of life and of the living.

Such a beautiful description of both mother and daughter. I knew I would love your Aarti immensely as soon as I read this. The significance is understood even more strongly now. Aarti's inner beauty and inner strength, those qualities that she has...Payal has imbibed them. How could Yash not be a proud father and a proud husband, too? 😊

We learn a bit about Aayu and Payal in this prologue itself. Aayu, the naughty, protective one, with his love for nature and penchant for trying to capture things that catch his interest...Payal, with her romantic notions of love, curiosity about her parents' relationship, and her own issues relating to life and love...And Yash's relationship with both of his children - he seems like a wonderful father, one who listens to his children and gives advice and guidance in ways that maintain both authority and respect in addition to approachability.

Those last two lines. Loved them then, love them now! 😳 And on that note, I continue on...
Edited by MelodiousDreams - 11 years ago
sheema_rajoo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
OMG OMG OMG... Indu when I saw your name and the title Samarpan( An SS) I was literally jumping in joy..

You've no idea how I terribly missed your writing. I was really hoping so badly that you would write a new SS and now knowing that you've started a new one, I'm over the moon happy... YAYYY.. One of my favourite writer is back in action.

Again another title which made me go wait what's Samarpan. Thank goodness you explained it and the prologue is so intriguing Indu. I absolutely loved it and am starting to get really curious as in to why Aarti was silent before.

Please please please do continue.. It has all the potential in the world, especially if the writer is you.. Plus asking that question itself is a crime. Love it and love you for starting a new one.
Here is a jhappi and super tight hug from an overly excited me...😃🤗

Edited by sheema_rajoo - 11 years ago