Edited by ArshiHamesha - 11 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 35

"nani...
main kissike saath zabardasti nahin kar raha,
main sirf itna kah raha hoon
ki apni zindagi mujhe apni tareeke se jeene ka haq hai...
kyonki main kissike jeene ka tareeke par kabhi ungli nahin uthata...
jab aap sab woh kar sakte hain, jo aapka man karta hai...
toh main kyon nahin?"

"everything can be taken from a man but one thing; the last of the human freedom - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."
~~~ victor frankl, man's search for meaning ~~~

this is the one thing, arnav singh raizada does ask for himself, the right to live his life his own way. everything that was his right by birth has been messed with. a father who didn't do "sahi" and all its consequences. asr never shirked, never shied away. he did everything he could by his di, nani, family, everything for them. nothing asked for in return, but this one thing.

but nani, out of that love of hers, his caretaker and guardian since he was 14, was not ready to give in. she had sensed that her chhotey hadn't chosen the right girl, and she was going to get her way, get him away from her, for his own good. haven't we all hear this story many times before, in our very homes? this too is love. just that it doesn't see that it is time to let go.  later he will say, "maaf kijiyega naani, par aap bhi bhool rahin hain, ki jinki zindagi ke faisle aap kar rahi hain, woh bade ho gaye hain." in our culture, elders are always accorded a special respect by virtue of their age. he doesn't defy that, but he points out that there's a basic fallacy in the approach nani has taken: she hasn't understood that those whose lives she wants to make better and as their elder took decisions on all these years, are now grown adults. capable of taking their own decisions.

beautiful, classic counterpoint. a wonderfully crafted scene that left me breathless, from the point that he hears nani has refused food and enters her room. first a tentative, "nani?!" then sitting by the matriarch whom he too loves completely, "nani, aap theek toh hain?" akash joins him with "dadi, kya hua, aap khane pe aa jaiya," and a  scene of family ties, bonds, concerns expressed through body language; grandsons leaning on either side, grand daughter, daughter in law, son, all arrayed around. everybody gives a damn for this elder. she is special to them. and as we watch we can't help but notice, how much asr gets from her. at times mirrors of each other, in their stubbornness, their turn of phrase, and their ability for big love and deep conscience.

when she says she isn't eating. the grandson is perturbed, trying to cajole, "nani, yeh kaisi zid hai?" but nani is not to be coaxed, and a battle of words ensue. slowly the temperature rises, the pressure thickens.

everything takes a turn for calamity on nani's "aap wahi kar rahe hain jo aapke pita kiye rahe hain." being compared to his father in any way is intolerable to asr. he can't take it. still he tries: don't bring him into this, thsi is about me. no, avers nani, this is not you, this is your father's blood talking. that does it.

when nani, not realising where asr's feelings are spiraling to, continues: he did as he pleased and his mistakes ruined our home, i won't let this happen again in this home. a suffocated feel in his expression, a lethal coldness. and the words, "toh theek hai... main hi iss ghar se chala jata hoon... aap se door... iss ghar se door... sab se door," he'll punish himself and go away from his family if that's what will solve the issue, but he will not compromise on the primes of living his life his own way.

with her wisdom nani might have checked the damage and turned the tide, but this was not to be. she pushed on. next button. so, where will you go leaving us, to that lavanya kassyap? he had probably never thought that, why probably, certainly,. thsi whole, okay i'll leave home so taht we can all live in peace came as a reaction to escalating pressure. when nani said this, he was too far gone... his anger wanted release. he said, yes i will go to her. "haan ussike paas jaaonga..." with more emphasis, "wahin rahoonga..." and the final hit, "uske saath."

the whole world stopped breathing. including me.

(the word "usske saath," brought memories of 1 august 2012. he's telling khushi, all she has to do is come back to him... mere saath, mere paas. somethig terribly sensual in the way he says "paas, " "saath," possession, ownership, belonging in there)

you couldn't blame anyone and you couldn't stop the mayhem. this and the following two sequences on the subject were some of the best in ipk. the level of acting by all was commendable. di, worried, perplexed, desperately looking for a solution, shocked at what's transpiring. nani, absolutely in character, her anger ricocheting off surfaces, glittering. asr, unable to stop himself from picking that anger up and reflecting it amplified, getting deeper into a terrible moment. notice how he turns away on those final words. so characteristic. can't be cruel looking into the eyes of those he loves. they need to be shut out. the man who looks you in the eyes and speaks, when he turns away, he knows he is saying something he really shouldn't. but his nature won't let him stop.

in his room, as he packs, a sudden stillness. he hears his nani accusing him of being like his father. unbearable.  and after days, his dreaded memory flashes. his sister, he, a gunshot, a trapped scream "ma." he will not live where he is compared to the man he will have no part of.

before the mirror he stands looking at himself, questioning, looking for resolve. nani and he were like reflections of each other just a while ago. now he faces himself. no, he is not like hsi dad. a decision is taken, his movements quicken, he turns, reaches his wardrobe, swiftly packs, picks up his bag, and out. he is leaving.

a riveting scene. barun sobti said more in this dense scene minus a single dialogue, than all the words he said this episode. packed with nuance, body virtually speaking, conveying all his feelings; as he looked immersed in thoughts while packing and then pulled himself upright hearing nani's words, that jerky, focussed way in which he packed, that waiting to get a hold of himself before his own reflection... who would have thought this was just a performance, and he but an actor of asr. this man was asr. i was rapt as i watched him. brilliant is the only word that seemed to fit.

an important episode,here we heard asr spell out his philosophy of life really, vis a vis others. respect for others way of life and respect for his. that's all. level, undemanding, fair. there was also a cry many of us have felt in us as we became adults and those who cared for us couldn't see it: i am grown up now, old enough to make my own mistakes.

there was also a shade of the individualist sixties' rebel. deep, emotional, intense, and willing to take action if his way is not respected.

so many shades in just this situation. i have to say there was something utterly sexy in the way his concern changed to assertion, then anger, losing control, resolving to stay with his decision, packing and leaving in that energetic, young turk way.

but di was at the gate. and when her voice hardened chhotey had to listen.

this is the woman around whom his place of hope and happiness is built. she is indeed his world. otherwise it is bleak inside, hurt, crying. he has hardened to withstand that. his laughter is in her smile. he will do whatever it takes to guard her against harm. protect her happiness. the agnostic shoots out his hand to keep her diya from blowing out. he insists that she have juice, because he's done research on teej and knows this is allowed. research? as he did later on every ritual he didn't believe in but was important to the love of his life. and insisted things be done the right way. strangely cute is our mr arnav singh raizada.

no wonder someone is not happy after raving at him. and around her hovers the the man who is in reality the "galat" man, who says, god has given us eyes in front so we can look ahead, but something tells you he isn't free of the past. in whose, "asal baat toh yehi hai... zindagi mein jo bhi karo... apne hisaab se karo. apne marzi se jeeo aur hamesha apni dil ki suno,"somehow doesn't sit right. sounds platitudinous, perhaps even selfish. his phone games continue, as does his bid to get close to khushi.

two young men speak of the right to live life one's own way. how different their paths to this right. the themes of sahi and galat, exploration continues.

when i see this man, many thoughts and references come. today, frank sinatra's unforgettable "my way" and my favourite robert frost poem, the road not taken:

two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
and sorry i could not travel both
and be one traveler, long i stood
and looked down one as far as i could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;      

then took the other, as just as fair,
and having perhaps the better claim,
because it was grassy and wanted wear;
though as for that the passing there
had worn them really about the same,      

and both that morning equally lay
in leaves no step had trodden black.
oh, i kept the first for another day!
yet knowing how way leads on to way,
i doubted if i should ever come back.     

i shall be telling this with a sigh
somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and i'
i took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference.

Hey Dear INDI πŸ‘

RED -love it 
Green --agreed upon
Blue ---------TRUE FACTS beyond any thinking
PRPLE---just breathtalikng   I loved this part of your analysis and I think you took me at certain edge from here.Yes you did .Muahhh for that Confusion across all levels at every relationship is shown in these two epis 34 and 35
BUT at the same time somewhat true nature of each character is also surfing up especially Shyam,Anjali  and Arnav and Khushi.As Teej is right next corner,the makers are turning things around here to move forward. Indi I wish I have time to sit with you and chat for hrs because this is my fav topic but take a big cuddly hug from my side.πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: supriya.arshi

Firstly i love Cynthia's titles which she gives for her reviewsπŸ‘πŸΌ...so here is collage of episode 34

Title Credit : Cynthia
Picture Credit: Youtube uploader

will try to get 35 nd 36 soon 😊

I love her titles too.Good one Superiya😊 Nice collage
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

Episode 32...finallly doneee!!!! 
sorry its a long one

Buaji, pleased with Khushi's  decision to hand in the resignation herself, and advised Khushi "apne fufaji ke superfast train ki engine ki tara dhad dhad dhad jaana aur dhad dhad dhad turant waapis aana...samjat ka hai laad governer? Hamri bitiya konu kam hai ka?πŸ˜†" her love for Khushi is a lot more apparent now, it's so nice to see :) ...i must say Buaji gave me some of the biggest laughs,  Abha Parmar, was excellent!

Shyam is in a cheerful mood as Khushi made her announcement, he got her prasad...almost seems like he went to thank God because Khushi is quitting (thus making his deceit easier). "Khushiji, all the best, DM is with you." Really Shyam, is DM really with Khushi on her decision?

just a thought...
"During prayer, it is better to have heart and no words than to have words and no heart" -Mahatma Gandhi
Shyam seemed like a very God fearing man in the beginning, ran into Khushi TWICE at the temple before residing with her as a PG, we learn later on that he was all words and no heart and using God to show himself a good man...On the other hand, ASR chooses not to have words because his heart is in pain, therefore  doesn't believe in doing anything just for display, but when he finally steps into that Mandir because it would mean so much to his love, he did with all of his heart to get the blessing of DM for him to make Khushi his forever.

Lovely contradiction of Pujaari(someone who prays alot) vs. Nastik (Athiest)

Khushi, thanks Shyam for his politeness and realizes she has yet to write her resignation letter. Payal looks at her little sister writing the resignation that she pushed her for, she come and give Khushi a big hug, 

"kya hua jiji?"
"darr lag raha hai, agar woh contract wali baat tum sambhaal nahipaaye to?" (what if you're not able to handle the contract part?)
Khushi smiles "kuchch bhi sambhaal lungi...ek baar hum man bana lete hai to phir hum darte nahi...aur agar uss raakshash ko ladna hai ...to hum bhi taiyaar hai"

Payal still consumed with concern, "now what jiji?" khushi trying hard to make it all right. Payal tells her that ever since the contract, "i haven't been able to sleep" and then she puts her hand around Khushi's face "agar tumhe khuchh hojata to? (what if something happened to you?)"---goes to show Payal's love for Khushi can be put on the same pedestal as Arnav's love for Khushi, they both shiver at the thought of losing Khushi.

Payal talks about going back to Lucknow, "aur vaise bhi Diehli hum uss insaan ki waje se aayen the, na woh hota na ye sab hota"...Khushi seems to disagree with Payal's ASR-bashing

Khushi is quick to say "Nahi jiji! Diehli itni bhi boori nahi hai" (I think she meant ASR itne bhi boore nohi hai )...Khushi goes on to explain that she would've never gotten her dupatta (symbolizing unbloomed love from Akaash) hadn't it been for this city.

Arnav walks in to his office where everyone stands up in his respect but he marches on, eyes lowered...

until immature laughs and the name "chamkili"( synonymous with Khushi) puts a full stop to his feet.

It didn't bother him before when people made fun of her and hurt her by calling her names, but then again back then she was "Ms.Gupta" or "Khushi Kumaari Gupta" and now she is "Khushi"(in soft mellow unbelievably sexy husk voice sigh)... It bothers him because it would hurt her...as we seen in the last few days her pain has fast become unbearable for the mighty ASR.

The first time he stands up for her respect, "to iss cheez ki salary milti hai tum logo ko, doosre employees ka mazaak udaneka?" Sim/Pam make a run for it after a quick apology. 

ASR inquires about the calendar, La tried to calm him down "mein handle kar rahi hu na"...as Arnav is about to leave, she hangs on to his arm curious about what Naani said about her, Arnav lets her know he is fixing her mistake. La tries to clarify something but ASR in no mood to hear it.

"yeh sab uss chamkili kis waje se hua hai" she mumbles as ASR is leaving, he stops and turns around and stands up for her respect again

πŸ‘*whistles* πŸ‘ 
"Mujhe aaj ke baad yeh naan chamkili iss office mein sunaye dena nahi chahiye, uska ek naam hai Khushi Kumaari Gupta, sab usse ushi naam se bulaayenge." ---koi farq nahi padta huh???

Lavany is hurt and furious with jealousy on top, she sensed before the effect that chamkili was having on her man, but at least then his anger toward Khushi gave her something to smile about but "now he yelled at me for her?"..."thats enough!" she tells Sim and Pam, "if she comes in front of me..."

Khushi walk into the office, unsure, nervous maybe to face him for the first time since that night that has left her restless for the first time in her life.
Thoughts of him saving her, the looks he gave her, her attack on him and finally his control and eyes on her...No, this Khushi is not here to  show that Rakshash anything, she almost feels bad for doing this but it will make her sister happy.

Arnav gets a call about Di, and rushes to go home...

but he pauses to look at her empty desk and her belongings...

After all the emotions he went through after that night, he was looking forward to seeing her in flesh, he longed to see her...so much longing

but for now his Di needs him, so he will have to wait..

so lovely when a person falls for someone, how their belongings in their absence can trigger so much longing, this scene is so powerful as he stands there looking at her DM and other things that define her personality

He leaves just as she walks in, maybe he is too worried about Di to feel her presence and She is too has too much going on to feel hisπŸ˜†

La/Sim/Pam are thrilled at the news that Khushi is quitting but Khushi sets them stright "Lakhnow se hai, iss liye darr ke bhaage nahi...khud bataane aaye hai ki yeh naukri hamaare layak nahi" 

she goes on to point out that to have self respect you need your own identity...a clap worthy scene! La has enough and wants Khushi to give her resignation to her (La never could get in the middle, even when she tried), but Khushi makes it clear that she'll give it only to Arnav Singh Raizada..."he started this game, but i'll finish it" [guess it won't be a dhad dhad dhad return home πŸ˜†]

Meanwhile at the RM, Anjali refuses milk due to her fast. A worried Arnav gets home, but is annoyed after finding out she fainted due to her fasting,

his charming sarcasm kicks in while scolding her a little,
"Di, if you don't fast, it won't be the end of the world, and if you want to fast, fine, par kaali pet ek jage baite rahi na, kaap karne ki kya zarurat hai?... "agar ek vrat tod doge to Bhagwaan aapke saare vrat bhool nahi jaayenge" [is you break one fast God won't forget ALL of you previous ones] ...Bhagwan ki nahi to Jijaji ki socho" 

"teek kahat hai Chotey" Naani said in support of Arnav, maybe forgetting her fallout with him this morning, they both give each other a look and have a unspoken understanding and common concern for Anjali. 

so cute the way Anjali says "hum bachhe thodi na hai?" (i'm not a child) [In many ways, Arnav was like the older sibling as the responsibilities fell on his young shoulders, he grew up fast, but he did all he could so his sister could stay herselft, sweet, innocent , puja doing and loving older sister. He once says to Khushi "Di duniyadaari nahi samajti, but i know it very well" its because he protected her from it ]

Wasn't long before naani started her "arrow-baazi"(All credit to  maamiji for this word..Love it!) "Khaana ho ya ladkiya, kaafi badlaav aahi gay ha chotey mein" (food or girls, he taste has change) Arnav puts his foot down, "Jab tak Di ki tabiyat teek nahi ho jaati, hum iss baare mein baat nahi karenge."

It has been established that Di is very important to Arnav, below is the first scene we see just how important...

As the room clears, he asks Anjali "why does naani keep bringing this up?" "Because she loves you" she tries to make him understand "think how bad she must feel when you talk to her like that...I wish i would handle all of his, your gussa, naani's gussa...kaash koi hota" then she says ...kaash mama/papa hote" 
At the very mention of his parents, his face fills with pure pain, and thoughts go to that place he seldom allows himself to visit

and his fist closes in anger until he couldn't take it anymore, "DI!" he turns to make her stop but is interrupted by the tears in her eyes, 

he forgets his anger and wipes the tears on his sister face...

taking her hands in his "Di, aapne kabhi bhi, kisi ki bhi, ma ya papa ki kami mehsoos hone nahi di...aap sab khuchh ho, mein aap ki aankon mein aansoo nahi dekh sakta, aap ke liye puri duniya se lad sakta hoon mein (you never let me feel the void of mom or dad, you are everything to me, i can fight the whole world for you)" [This promise he keeps, even when it meant breaking two hearts, his own included, that was the least he could do for his sister that was both a mom and a dad to him]

I'm appreciating Sobti evenmore in these second viewings, i'm talking about just his acting...swooned after his looks just as much the first time πŸ˜‰

DROOL CORNER!!!!!!!!!!! -Not too shabby for a man who didn't sleep all night

❀️ this, he misses her ❀️

HEY AMIπŸ‘

SORRY FOR BEING LATE .Red  good points.Blue agreed upon and purple--marvelous and yes each and every word ou said about Arnav is so right to the core.The development of relations is so visible and revelation of characters is facing up.Can't wait for Khushi to give him his the taste of his own meds. πŸ˜‰
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Episode 34

Then Why Are You Not Happy?

Scene begins with Arnav carefully and lovingly pruning his plant as he rehears Kushi's words.  Why is he reliving this?  It is done... over...he should be relieved.  "Then Why Are You Not Happy?" He hears her words clearly again and finally it gets too much, he picks up his potted plant and throws it on the ground.  Anjali comes and says to his back, at least you have something in common with Kushi and that is anger.  He turns around, looks at her and she continues with," but through your anger I see guilt." He tries to turn his back again, but she stops him saying that turning his back does not solve anything.  She asks him what is it, what's on his mind? Is he wondering how Kushi got the courage to speak to him that way or is it that she didn't give him the chance to justify himself?"I know you are concerned, Kushi could have died.  You want to apologize'"  "Enough, Di!"  He said.  "I don't have to justify myself to anyone and I don't want to say anything to Kushi." The famous words then slip out of his mouth, "It doesn't matter to me." "Acha, oh really"'Anjali continues," then why are you nervous to talk about it."  She is talking to his back again, the stance he takes when he is trying to hide his true feelings from her. She leaves but as she goes she feels dizzy. Arnav senses this, he turns and runs to her.  The next dialogue shows the love of a brother for a sister. He tells her he has canceled all his meetings to be here for her and if she is going to be stubborn about fasting then so can he.  He will take care of her and everything for the next fast and she can rest.  He will handle it all'like he always has.

Kushi is walking home after handing in her resignation.  She is saying to herself why do I feel like this?  I should be happy then why do I feel so bad?  After banging into someone and she has told them she is fine, she has to repeat these words again for the person (or herself) to believe them, "I AM FINE."  "I am NOT fine.  What is happening to me?"  DM is working on you girl!!!   The door is closed at the GH.   Buaji sitting in living room Payal running to open the door Shyam saying in the background wait'ok. Payal opens the door to a bereft Kushi.  "Are you ok? What happened?"  Kushi starts, " I handed him the resignation and I fought well with him, but I don't know why'." CLANG'BANG coming from kitchen she goes to check it out.  Her confession on halt.  There before her eyes is a feast of all the foods that she likes.  Shyam has prepared a banquet.  Our Kushi would usually be jumping for joy and stuffing her favorite foods down her throat but no she is refrained, polite and definitely not herself.  Then Why Are You Not Happy? Shyam tells her to forget her worries and that now she is in Lucknow eat everything made by her Shukla.  Payal says to Kushi , "remember our summer holiday fun?"  Shyam hands Kushi a dish saying "I know  what you like." She takes it hesitantly.  Her favorite golgappe pani puri is placed in her mouth by Payal. Payal senses her worry and Shyam tries to cheer her but nothing is really changing how she feels.  Payal asks about ASR with her and Kushi tells her... he just listened to me.  Our ASR just listened to her, he stood there and took in everything she gave him. 

Shyam gets a phone call from a buddy and he congratulates him on his upcoming marriage.  They have a discussion of love or arranged marriage and his friend say it is love.  Pan to Shyam as he is staring at Kushi with a lovesick expression on his face while telling his friend how he knows love as well.  "Love is the only thing that can make you forget about your responsibilities, relationships, promises and more'"  Then Why Are You Not Happy? Has he forgotten someone because of love?  Payal asks Kushi for her phone so she can call her parents saying Buaji worries about her phone bill.

Back at the RM in ASR room Uncle Rahim comes with the laundered clothes and hands ASR something found in his pocket of his suit. He hands him pearls from Kushi's dori.

Kushi's room in the GH, Kushi looking in her bag for her phone for Payal and pulls out ASR wish key.

Rabba Ve' They both are mesmerized and both of them holding on to the objects in their hands as if they are attached to the person they are thinking about unwillingly.  They remember the incidents of the article held tightly, reverently in their hands, maybe feeling remorse or anger, maybe wanting a "do over".  Why can they not stop thinking about each other?  Why do they creep into each other's mind? "Kushi"'.."Arnav Singh Raizada" whispered from their lips. Then Why Are They  Not Happy?

Payal comes in to the room asks whose key and grabs the phone.   Anjali goes in to Arnav and says come eat.  Quick conversation  about fasting and Arnav wants to tattle on her again.  Anjali asks him to have Lavanya fast for him then maybe Nani will change her mind about her.  He looks at her with a "yeah right" kind of look and she  scolds him.  She talks about her husband and asks if he spoke to him.  He will let me know when he comes to Delhi right?  Anjali seems so worried that her husband should come, he is always gone, she fasts for him, does all a good wife should do, but she just seems uncertain'  Then Why Are You Not Happy?

Nani and Anjali in Nani's room are having a conversation about Chote.  Nani is so concerned that his past will affect his future and they must do something to change the way the current situation is going.  She does not want him to ruin his life like his father did.

Back in Kushi's room she is saying "I can't stop thinking about him, I scolded him, I took out all my anger, but I still don't feel satisfied.  I wish I met him again."  Payal calls her crazy.  She continues with there is so much more to say and explain about the fur coat, the food, the taxi.  She says she told him only half the story'.Payal stops her saying. no! she prays to DM that Kushi will never have to see him again.  Phone rings and its Papaji and Kushi tells him everything is fine and she quit. Payal takes the phone and repeats the same as she is looking at a very troubled Kushi.

Kushi's camera of her mind is flashing the scenes before her eyes of her fall into his arms at Sheesh Mahal, ASR saving her in the parking lot on that rainy day, ASR grabbing hold of her wrists and pinning her to the wall in the guesthouse' Questioning herself, she answers...yes, she has taken care of everything, put him in his place, handed in the resignation with her head held high, still trying to convince herself there is no need to meet him anymore'.She stops and asks herself one last question... Then Why Are You Not Happy?

Hey Cynthia

LOVEEE it
I don't know how u come up with everytime.RED ----good points, Purple are my fav and Bigger bold blue is the brilliant of this epi.Its a DREAMY one.After reading yours nobody needs to see the epi.The flow of each scene is right here.πŸ‘πŸ‘Hugs from my side😊
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

Friendly Disclaimer: my  words and ideas  are mine only, please do not copy. you are welcome to use it, but please give credit accordingly.  Thank you!

Episode 33

"Khushi!" rolled of his tongue almost involuntarily as if something from within sent a signal. The dhaks dhaks haven't really begun yet, but Arnav's heart has begun to skip a beat when he hears her name mention. 

His disappointment in not being able to see her and his longing for her looking at her empty desk in the morning... has a silent desire to see her today come true? He looks at the door in anticipation and waits for it to open, in she comes...

She looks up to see him, as his eyes are already fixated on her,  initial gazes they both know things have changed and she looks away, as does he

...just for a second, eyes locked again and they slowly make their way to each other. He can't look away, his piercing eyes, she adjusts her dupatta, 

does she feel exposed? her mark on her hand is visible, and so is regret on his face.

He tries to apologize with his eyes, she may have even heard(rather seen) his apology, but is quick to dismiss maybe because she isn't ready to see the human in that "rakshash"

Trying to maintain  his dimeanor, he asks the question that has been eating him up since he left at Buaji's the last he saw her
"Tum theek ho?" three little words "are you ok?" normally suggesting concern for one person from another but something about it doesn't sit right with Khushi Khumari Gupta

"kya pucha aapne?...hum teek hai? aisa sawaal to sirf aap hi kar sakte hai"
Arnav lets her talk, maybe its one way to be free of himself of guilt or he is so glad to have her in front of him healthy, after all he did let her push him about three times at the guesthouse after he found her safe. She continues her verbal attack, "ek minut aapki zindagi mein khuch apne aap to hota nahi, sab khuch to aap karte hai hai na?" at this point he tries to get a word in to allow himself some clarification

"Nahin, aaj hum bolenge!" (she seems to have forgotten, her little venting moment at the guest house), nevertheless, Arnav lets her continue
"haan, hum abhi teek hai, aur kuch hi der hum aur bhi theek hone walen hai...kyu ki hum yeh naukri chodenge! (i'm doing just fine and will be even better beacause i'm quitting this job)"

Her words seem to shatter something inside him, the mere thought of never seeing her again, yes this shattered him, how quickly his expression changed to shock. (SOBTI! this is why i love you!!!)

She whips out her resignation letter and he looks at that paper, almost afraid of it as it is paper that will take her out of his life. 

He looks back at her with hurt and anger on full display, to which she even takes notice but again is quick to dismiss..

She pull the letter back as she is not finished yet, and wants to clarify that"hum yeh naukri darr kar nahi chod rahe, i'm not affraid to work hard, but won't be a slave to anyone!"
She gives specific examples of all his unfair tasks that he wishes he could turn back time and change.

"Humne sab khuchh kiya, kyu ki hum iss contract ki keemat jaante the, par hamaari nazar mein KKG ka naam aapki contract ki keemat se ziayada maaine rakhta hai!(I did all you asked because i new the value of that contract, but the value of my name on that contract is more important!)"
Some of this is registering with Arnav, but his broken heart is slowing down his brain ability to process. he looks up into her eyes again, and she pauses almost waiting for ASR to explode, which never came...

she points out that they both had a responsibility towards the contract, but the day he abandoned his, her obligation also ended, again another pause from her just waiting for him so say something...still nothing, so she continues before those funny feeling she's been having about this man turn into something...
"I got a chance do a lot of thinking and came to only one conclusion...BHAAD MEIN JAAYEN AAP AUR BHAAD MEIN JAAYEN AAP KI NAUKRI!"

"Jo insaan kisi ki zindagi jaan bhuj ke khatre mein daal sakta hai, uss insaan ke saath hum koi rishta nahi rakhna chahte"
Interesting choice of words here she chooses, and his reaction...

Was he looking fwd to some kind of rishta(ralationship) with her? and she again noticed his reaction and realized what she said, but the more she heard his unspoken words, the more she lashes out...still stuck on the contract

"Dont think for a minute that i lost this contract or i'm running away, this loss is not mine, infact by pushing too far you've proved that this is your loss! aur aap harte bahut boora hai Mr.Raizada, you still won't admit that it was your fault!"

finally, anger briefly wins over his other emotions, is this what she was going for?

"I'm not here to give you a count of your mistakes, just want to clearifiy this contract doesn't  mean anything now!"
still looking for a reaction from him...to not avail except the look on his face, this look certainly she didn't expect, he is a rakshas not this

"kyun ki iss contract se ziyada, app se ziyaada, hamaari zindage kis keemat hai! (because my  life is more important to me than you and this contract) [little does she know, he feels the same way now] "aur yeh keemat humse pyaar karne waalon ko maaloom hai [little does she know he is included in that category] "not some one who puts my life in danger and dares to ask me "tum theek ho?"

If Arnav wasn't completely shattered before, he is now. she snuck into him all of him, and from the inside her attack was fatal...her final nail on the coffin:

"to sun lijiye, Mr.Arnav Singh Raizada, aap ki vaje se nahi, aap ki bawajud bhi hum teek hai! [i'm ok, not because of you but despite you!] i'm breaking this contract, do what ever you want"

He steps forward and she steps backwards, his looks as his life has been sucked out of him (maybe too dramatic, but its how i feel)

"bol diya?" he asks, he extends his hand to receive the contract and she hands it to him, but his hand remains as her moves back, clearly he is not ready to accept this, to let her go

"bol diya" her answer comes.
"khushi bitiya" naani's calls with concern

Khushi turns and is startled seeing Naani, Anjali and Maami standing there, Arnav also didn't know they were standing there, almost embarrassed as he never lets anyone talk to him that way. 

Why did he let her go on blaming him, yes it was unfair to her from the get go and he did all those things, but he also saved her life twice no? He chose not defend himself, was it not enough to free him for all the charges?

Khushi says her greeting, and apologizes for her behavior but explains that she had to hand in the letter herself so its not considered her loss, she looks over to Arnav...the last thing on his mind was win or loss, 

"Chalte hai"
even after all she said and the havok she caused him within, he can't help but give her a tender look, a plea of some sort "please don't go"

She hears his plea...but lowers her eyes and turns her back to him and proceeds to walk out, while he doesn't move an inch, just watches her leave...is that doubt on Khushi's face as she leaves? 

a few more steps and she turns around to see him one last time, his eyes right where she left them.

His fist closing with that piece of paper that's ...and just like that the door closes.

loved the scene Anjali lets khushi know she is brave, but also that they both may have misunderstood eachother, right she is.

Khuhi looking uneasy on her way home, gets a call from Payal
"khuchh bola nahi woh?" payal asks
Khushi thinking the same thing, and is annoyed, "jiji hum rakte hai" she hangs up. the uneasiness and the doubt  on her face seem to get stronger every steps she takes closer to her home and away from Raizada home. "why didn't he say anything? did i do the right thing? as she later on says "hame itna bura kyu lag raha? (why am i feeling so bad?)" 

lets rewind to this morning,
Khushi was ready to go to work regardless of a sleepless night, Payal told her not to even think about it. Khushi mentioned the contract to which Payal says "BHAAD mein gaya contract." after much convincing from Payal/Buaji/Shyam didn't seem to do the trick, emotional blackmail from Payal worked like a charm. Payal expresses more concern about the contract while she was writing her resignation and was the one that initiated Arnav-Bashing, to which khushi almost wanted object but instead let her sister know that she was on her side  "agar uss raakshash ko ladna hai ...to hum bhi taiyaar hai" She assured her. Khushi goes to the office to hand in her letter where she misses ASR and has a confrontation with the "three stooges" (all credit to Cinthia for that phrase, thanks dear). At one point Lavanya accuses her of running away of the contract and quitting because she is scared or incapable. after which she goes to the RM, where she meets with a different Arnav Singh Raizada who asks her three little words "tum theek ho" and unknowingly unleashes the "Sherri" (tigress). IMO the cause of Khushi's irrational  outburst was a mix of Payal's words especially "BHAAD mein gaya contract," Lavanyas accusations of her running as she clarifies to Arnav that she is not running and finally her own feelings toward him..they had changed, "diehli itni bhi boori nahi hai" she says after doing tedious work for ASR, standing in the rain all night and almost getting killed at the guest house...Really Khushi, Diehli itni bhi boori nahi hai? or could it have to do with the fact that you have your own personal hero who saved you twice?? yes he was the one that put you in harms way, but even you know Ms.Gupta there is more than what meets the eye. 

Arnav reading, err looking at that dreadful letter and crumbles it up with one hand to toss it away all the while thinking of memories of  her, was he trying to take those memories and toss them away as well? his brain says yes, but his heart  feels otherwise (IMO)

DROOL CORNER!!!! (he looks too sad in this on 😭)

Hey AmiπŸ‘πŸ‘
Red-love it
Blue----fav
PURPLE---ADORING ONES
Yes finally Khushi gave him what he did not expect and thats what IMO he got more into her because she reminded him of himself and as La said once tum hi ho jo us se woh sab keh pati ho jo woh sunna nahin chahte...
ok they both are reflecting same emotions here,longing on each other,love, care is written all over but ...mujhe farak nahin parta...ahhh

πŸ‘β€οΈ for this wonderful droolll
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Episode 35      (Credit:Translation by Alexa from You Tube Video)

The Vow

Scene opens in Nani's room with Anjali in deep discussion about Nani's concern for Chote.  Nani is upset that he is going to ruin his life, just like his father.  She feels his past will destroy his future by walking in his father's footsteps and he doesn't even know it.  She is concerned of how he took his wrath out on Kushi.  She asks Anjali have you spoken to him and she answers with yes but he doesn't want to listen to her attempts at trying to make him understand. She lets Nani know in her sweet, but firm adorable way, that she has complete faith and trust in Chote's decisions since it is his life and his choice.   She always has, they have made a Vow to each other since they were young.  Nani Vows that Lavanya Kashyup will NOT be a bahu in this house.

In th GH Buaji is checking the table for lunch and is looking for the roti.  She sends Kushi in to the kitchen to get it from Shyam who is playing chef again.  I believe Buaji has an underlying motive here, always pushing Kushi towards Shyam.  Kushi enters the kitchen and Shyam is on the phone having a very familiar conversation.  He sees Kushi and abruptly ends the conversation with I have to go and hangs up staring at Kushi who appears lost.  He explains he was on the phone with a client and she snaps out of it with"what?"  She wasn't paying attention. She really never does. He hands her the roti. 

RM- Everyone is standing around the dining table but Nani.  Mami says Nani is on a hunger strike.  They all run to her room with Arnav leading the pack.

GH- Shyam is still talking with Kushi as they are clearing the lunch table and he tells her I made all those snacks and you are still upset.  She says it is nothing.  He continues with that a lot has happened and I am sorry about praising Delhi and Kushi interjects with, "you can't dislike a city because of its people."  They reach for the same platter, she lets go and he continues with you have to move forward,  God made eyes in the front of our head so we look forward, we forget the past and we don't go backwards. (I think he may be talking about himself here).  She says she wanted the job and he says, "So you made a mistake." "You have to live your life the way you want.  Do whatever you want and always listen to your heart."  Sometimes I don't know who Shyam is talking to, himself or Kushi.  It seems he is taking his own VOW.

Nani's room at the RM.  Arnav walks in to Nani's room and she looks away, he knows  what is the matter.  He asks anyway, "are you okay?"  Everyone encouraging her to come and eat and she adamantly refuses.  ASR says," Nani you are being stubborn" She retorts, "No, You are!  You ignore my advice and do what you want."  He answers with "it is not like that". She wants to know if they all should only accept what he wants and ASR replies with an answer that is well thought out and respectful.  "I do not force anyone.  I said I have the right to live my life as I want because I don't tell anyone else how to live their lives.  If you can do what you want then why can't I?"  Nani answers, "What do you mean that I don't want to see you happy?  "I did not, Nani, you did."  She says that he is behaving like his father but its not his fault it is in his blood.  He  made a mistake and you are repeating it.  Arnav says not to bring his father into this conversation.  We can see ASR 's blood starting to boil.  She continues with he did as he wanted and the whole family came apart.  She Vows "I will not let that happen in my house!"  And so it begins, Arnav says in a nut shell that  he will leave Nani, the house and everyone.  So both can live in peace. His sister says what are you saying? while Nani says where will you go'to her?  Miss Kashyup?  He answers with his back turned, "Yes. I will go to her. I am going to stay with her."  During this dramatic scene ASR does not look at Nani during their conversations, he turns his back, almost as if he doesn't want to hear the truth or see it.  We can see that he doesn't really want to go to Lavanya's because he loves her but to escape from the accusations of being like his father.  He doesn't want to marry this girl, he doesn't want to take Vows with her, but he WILL leave his home to live with her without commitment and to live in peace for she doesn't pressure him.  Maybe she doesn't make him FEEL.

GH- Shyam's in puppy love.  He is constantly drooling, oh I mean staring,  at Kushi. He takes the plates from her and says maybe your worries will go away but no tears.  So he leaves to take the dishes in to the kitchen.  Kushi continues to clean up when Shyam's phone rings'Kushi calls him..."Shyamji'.Shyamji'"  No answer.  She looks at the phone and it says Rani Sahiba is calling.  She picks up the phone in her hand and suddenly it is snatched away by Shyam. He answers his phone, makes it a quick call and hangs up.  She asks him about a relation with the Queen and he says he takes care of her legal issues.

In ASR room.  He is angry, fuming hearing Nani's words in his head about his father.  He shoves his clothes in an overnight bag while seeing a past memory.  Something terrible happened in his life that he just doesn't want to face.  He picks up the bag and walks out the door only to be stopped by his "older" sister.  She says come with me'"Di"'she is not saying it twice'she laid down the rules.  She is his elder and he WILL listen.  She brings him to Nani.  She looks, sees he is already packed and asks,"does this means he is leaving and before he makes his mistake he wants my blessings?"  ASR says he doesn't expect any from her because she thinks he is wrong.  She certainly does!  He again looks away from her, his eyes not making contact with her, "I will never live in a house where I don't have the freedom to live my life."  "Bas/ Enough." says Nani.  "Are you forgetting who you are speaking to?" He looks into her eyes, "I am sorry, but I think you have forgotten that the person you are talking to and want to make decisions for, is already an adult."  Anjali interrupts the two.  Enough! With tears in her eyes she begs them to stop.  It is Teej holiday tomorrow, her husband is coming home, and can they please postpone this discussion until after the holiday.  "Won't you stay?"  Nani and Chote both look at each other, back and forth they silently acknowledge a truce for Anjali.  He relents, "OK".  She says Nani," I will bring you food".  Nani relents, "OK."

Anjali is in their home temple and on the phone with her husband.  He reassures her he will be home tomorrow.  Arnav comes and sits in front of his sister. 'Are you still mad at me? "  She answers yes but that it is better now that she spoke to her husband.  He brought her juice which he already knows she can have.  She is fasting for Teej and he has looked up the "rules".  "Allowed", he tells her.  She asks him if he works for her husband as a spy? He asked her if she had eaten.  She says he loves her very much and she is so lucky to have him.  She lights the lamp. She says you know of the circumstances of the marriage, how he accepted me.  He always makes me happy but I always worry something may go wrong... Arnav stops her.

He makes THE VOW.  "Di, I am with you.  I promise I will never let any harm come to you in your life and as long as I am with you no evil can touch you.  You are my world!  I can overcome anything just to see you smile."

The wind blows... the lamp's flame flickers...  the brother first, then the sister...

hands united... shield  it's glowing light from extinguishing...

PS: I have not written on my past posts where my translations have come from.    I would like to acknowledge that all my translations have been found on You Tube Videos translated by Alexa.  So all credit of translation and my interpretation of her work is acknowledged.  All work I consider to be my own with the help of the translation. If work is used please credit.  Thank you all for reading!

Hey Cynthia πŸ‘

Love in red and Purple I agreed 100% Yes indeed he was moving with La in stubborness to Nani.
He was never in love with her.He is man of actions not words and thats exactly he did.We can see surely he does not want him to be resembled with his father.His past is cruel which bond his relation with Anji and for her he ia Father, mother,guardian everything.
Khushi is confused by his actions as he did not say anything which is not his image at least according to her.
"VOW" big word dear has so many layers and shades within .Shades of LOVE, HATE, REVENGE, CARE, PROMISE,OATH,FAITH , etc etc Nice touch❀️

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

fantastic one, arshihamesha. πŸ‘ πŸ‘. in red just some of the things i loved/abs agreed with/ said bingo to.

in blue, uff shyam. 

your chess game is fun to follow. i have no idea of the moves, on crooner there used to be talk of chess, yes the makers played their game with the finesse of chess masters in the beginning. setting up a ruse here, taking advantage of a little weakness there, it was game of minds to finally capture the heart. love your references.

you also noticed how similar they are in many ways. and yes this khushi they showed today, pity they never developed this theme, and helped her discover herself too. 

that "bafflement" as you call it regarding each other, that was the nub of it, wasn't it?

sibling love is a strong, beautiful, mysterious thing. here writers have used the sisters to push them together as you rightly say and so do the others. it was lovely.

but while the plot structure was neat and yes the actions of their sisters or circumstances surrounding them brought khushi and asr closer to each other. did they really marry for their sisters' sake?

if shyam were philandering with some other girl and asr discovered it, would he marry her? if a guy she couldn't stand told khushi you have to marry me or i won't let your sister get married (and for the second time her sister's marriage would be broken), would khushi just go along and wear sindoor mangalsutra. yes the moment was impossibly pressurising, but if she could fling off shyam with such a sense of righteous anger, why not asr? was it because deep inside something knew dilli has dil in it? her dil? neither convinced me with that love for sister story. and for e that remained their real marriage.

i sorely missed a real conversation around that passionate night later. and asr saying, he was wrong, he didn't marry her for his sister's sake as he genuinely thought at that moment, but because he couldn't imagine being without her, he wanted her, f=e loved her. and so too for khushi, in the way she understood the feeling growing in hate was actually love, well it was there that night too.

No Indi they did not marry with each other because of sis's love but my POV as she knew he loves her but he never confirmed it up to  that point as "Aap ko kia Farak parta hai,and he Mujhe Farak parta hai... and he stopped not once but twice.She is a middle class gal and in this class majority gals don't go with the flow of LOVE and hides it for the sake of family and sacrifice themselves for their loved ones.When he said to her Mujhse Shadi karna hogi abhi and she says in her bafflement aur hum samjhe thay..She wanted a secure and confirmed answer but he showed his coldness so what she expected it was opposite.It took them both a while to understand each others importance when they were apart during kidnapping when she says Iss ehsaas ko eik naam to do eik mauka to do and he blurted out Khushi tum ho main Samjha eik sapna hai.

They both know each other feeling but without acknowledgement and confirmation they both could not move forward at this point,Then what happen a time came and they both crossed that part too and there was no need of confirmation or anything it was beyond anyone's imagination which was pure heart relation no need of words,or anything just one "Dharkan"
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
INDI  πŸ‘

Blue Adore it,Pink love it and Green  totally agreed.Lovely take as usual. Indeed She is LITTLE ASR herself.IPK is not only their story but beyond that.LOVE among each and every character is so unique and at different level "HATKE HAI" not the way we imagine. Name is everything in anyone's life and he knows the pain associated with it as he left his name and took his mother's proudly I don't think so ,in anger and rage yes at the age of 14 and there must be a cause of it which we don't know b/c I don't go by only GARIMA the reason for it.Anyway good to be back ,missed u guys.

thanks, arshi πŸ˜ƒ. good to see you. every relationship was valid, searched, and hatke for that reason in ipk. nothing stereotypical. because life isn't. in red, πŸ€£ yeah no way we're accepting that lame garima other w

oman simple neat story as the story of sheeshmahal.

uff need a rich person. buy ipk, let's hear the story, the real one this time. πŸ˜³

Lets go we all join hands buy this and move the story acc to our wishes and the way it supposed to be
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 11 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katelyn

Thnx Katlyn for your sweet words.Arnav did his best in portraying ASR and no one I mean no one can do the way he did it No matter whoever and whatever is going to be said about it.
Again Thnx