DMG 3(Sid FF) - Destiny Wins Part 14 Pg 67 Cmpltd

RestlessWriter thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Destiny Wins

------------------------------

This FF starts from the point where DMG ended. I've had so many requests to write one from that point, and one that is free from you-know-who. So this is it. Its not entirely free from you-know-who but I've tried my best. As I said this FF starts from where DMG ended so everything that has happened in DMG has happened including Sid forgiving and letting go of Riddhima and partying with Armaan to Ibn-e-batuta. Hope you like it.

Note : As mentioned in the title - this is a Sid FF.. So if you are not a Sid fan, pls don't bother reading.. πŸ˜Š 

----------------------------

PART 1

The alarm went off at 6 am and a hand came out of the covers to shut it off. The guy on the bed turns over in his sleep. He slowly lets out a deep breath and wakes up. He makes his way to the bathroom. Five minutes later, he is in track pants and a vest, earphones in his ear, newspaper in hand, sipping coffee in the kitchen. After finishing his coffee, he put it into the kitchen sink and neatly folded the newspaper and set it on the coffee table in the living room before heading out the door. As soon as he stepped out, a cool breeze reminded him that summer was right around the corner. Finally the harsh winters were over. He started jogging down the now familiar lanes. It had been three months since he had moved here and the beauty of the place fascinated him still. The winters were harsh but then the beauty of the summers more than made up for it. He inhaled the fresh air as he jogged listening to the recent developments in surgery on his podcast. He smiled at the occasional familiar jogger he would pass by. It was just around 6:30 in the morning and already New York was bustling with activity. He loved it here, because in the crowd of people here, he was a nobody. Nobody knew him and nobody cared about him and he liked it that way. In the fast life here, he had no time to think of anything else. He made his way to Central Park and continued jogging. An hour later, he was back at his house, sweaty yet energized for the day ahead of him. He sat on the couch and threw his head back, still listening to advanced surgical techniques and closed his eyes. As soon as his sweat dried off, he headed to the shower. Ten minutes later, he was dressed in a navy blue shirt, black formal pants and matching tie as he stepped out of his room. He got himself toast and juice and finishing it off quickly, he grabbed the car keys as he headed out for work.

This had been Dr. Siddhant Modi's routine for the past 3 months or so now. He'd shifted to New York from Houston because he wanted to get away, even from his own family. He had told everyone he would be joining Houston Sanjeevani but then he'd decided that he did not want anything to remind him of his past, even if it was just a name and so he'd shifted base to New York. New York engulfed him within the first few days. His schedule was always packed, everyone was always busy and that suited him just fine. He wasn't here to make friends and no one had the time to. Initially a couple of his colleagues, especially the desis had tried to get him involved in social events and gatherings but Sid almost always politely declined. The very few times that he went somewhere he'd gone merely for appearances' sake and he'd be out before people even had a chance to realize he was there and get around to talking to him. So Dr. Siddhant Modi had earned the title of a recluse. A brilliant recluse.

He was a master surgeon with a steady hand and a level head. He was a walking encyclopedia of surgery and knew everything about anything in surgery. In spite of the fact that he was such a medical genius, he was always gentle and reassuringly simple with his patients. His patients trusted him and so did everyone else. He had earned the silent respect of all his colleagues and senior doctors even. In three months, Siddhant Modi had proved himself to be an exceptional doctor. What his colleagues and seniors did not get to see was that he was an exceptional human being too.

This day was just supposed to be just like any other day. It was Dr. Siddhant Modi's day for surgeries. He stepped into his office and turned on his computer. He logged into his system and opened his surgery call sheets. He ran an eye over the list. One of them was a pretty complicated case. He was going to shift that into the last slot so that he could take his time and work on it with ease. He made the necessary changes to the list and sent it to the concerned staff. He grabbed another coffee as he headed to the OR. He scrubbed in for his first surgery. It was an appendectomy, which wouldn't take much time. He stepped into the OR and zoned out everything else around him except for the patient lying on the OR table.

Almost eleven hours later, Sid stepped out of the OR. He was exhausted and he liked it. Being exhausted meant he could hit the bed as soon as he got home and not spend a sleepless night thinking about things he did not want to ever think about. As he took off his surgery cap and gown and discarded them on his way out, he briefed his intern doctors and nursing staff on how to follow up on the patient he had just operated on and what to keep an eye on. He then made his way to his office. He grabbed his phone and car keys and left.

Back home, Sid slumped on to the couch. He took out his phone to make his customary call home and noticed he had 12 missed calls from an unknown number. He had a voice mail too. He dialed voice mail and heard the message and his expression turned from

puzzlement to shock and he turned white as a sheet. He hung up and dialed another number.

Voice : Hello?

Sid : Mom.

Mom : Sid.. Bol beta.. Kaisa raha tumhara din?

Sid : Mom main India jaa raha hoon..

Mom : kyun beta kuch kaam hai kya?

Sid : Mom.. Main.. Main Mumbai jaa raha hoon..

Silence..

Mom : Lekin Sid kyun?

Sid : Main aapko abhi kuch nahi batha saktha..

Mom : Math jaa..

Sid : Mujhe jaana padega Mom.. I have to go..

Mom : Lekin baath kya hai Sid.. Kuch tho bathao..

Silence again..

Sid's mom knew better than to push him.

Mom : Tumne.. usse bathaya?

Sid : Nahi.. Abhi nahi.. Batha doonga..

~ PART 2 ~
Edited by neet06 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RestlessWriter thumbnail

Hello everyone!!!

So I'm back with a new FF πŸ˜ƒ I know all of you must be wondering ki I said I won't be able to write anytime soon and stuff and now I'm back with another FF??!! πŸ˜• The thing is I forgot about something called jetlag πŸ˜› My family, who've just arrived from India, is sleeping at all kinds of hours leaving me with nothing to do during those times so I got back to doing what I love to do.. Write πŸ˜ƒ So here it is my.. My latest FF 😊 

As you can see this is a Sid FF.. The emphasis is going to be on Sid.. Sabse zyada footage ussi ko milega πŸ˜‰ Characters will appear and disappear in between..
I have to warn you though that once the jet lag phase is over, I don't know how frequently I'll be able to update and if I can't update, I'll hand over the reins to Veena and she'll update for me..

Another thing is.. This FF is more serious and dramatic than romantic.. In fact, there is very little romance.. Plus, there are quite a few cliffhangers so you might want to stock up on the jhoothe and chappal you will want to throw at me at those points of time πŸ˜›

Well, hope you enjoy reading..

Tc

Cheers

Neet

P.S - Its only your comments on my previous FFs that have prompted me to write a new FF so keep the comments coming or I'm not going to update πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ Just joking but seriously,  pls do let me know how you like it 😊
indian_beauty thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Neet πŸ€—

Yayyy ur bck with another FF
I'm so happy ur family's jet lagged...hope they stay jet lagged phoreverrrπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

ok now the FF...WoW a SID FF 
I LOVE Sid😳
and the best part its HARAM free...well not entirely but still..its all about SID!!!!

and this FF *Sigh* Man I can so imagine Sid like that after all tht happened
just keep himself busy in his work and nothing else...
It's only the first part and so much happened...and such a killing cliffhangerπŸ˜‘πŸ˜†
Voicemail...he's going to mumbai..usse bataya...oh god..i just wanna knw everything NOW!!!

plzzz continue soon!!!

@Subi look its only the first part and I'm first
matlab aage har part mein bhi I'll be firstπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜›
Edited by indian_beauty - 13 years ago
sonia1000 thumbnail
HEY NEETπŸ€—
Thank God you r back
Yaar is it an SR FF plz tell me
*EDITED*
Yaar Very nice start. PLZ continue soon otherwise I m going to die due to suspence. I want to know whose mail was that. PLZ PLZ PLZ continue soon n PLZ tell me is it SR FF?I m confused about
Edited by sonia1000 - 13 years ago
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
congrats on ur new ff...loved the intro...whose message was it?
-Harshu- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Res 😳

Edited :

Neets πŸ€—

Yayyy ur back :D :D

Wowwwieee SID FF <3
I LOVE him & can read abt him all day 😳

Great start :D
The re-intro of Sid was painful but beautiful
I can so imagine him keeping himself busy so dat he don't remember those painful days :(

And what already a cliffhanger 😲
This is not fair :(
I can't wait to know abt those missed calls & why Sid is going back to Mumbai

so Plzz continue superrr soon...

Edited by sidma_love - 13 years ago
RestlessWriter thumbnail

Originally posted by: indian_beauty

Neet πŸ€—

Yayyy ur bck with another FF
I'm so happy ur family's jet lagged...hope they stay jet lagged phoreverrrπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

ok now the FF...WoW a SID FF 
I LOVE Sid😳
and the best part its HARAM free...well not entirely but still..its all about SID!!!!

and this FF *Sigh* Man I can so imagine Sid like that after all tht happened
just keep himself busy in his work and nothing else...
It's only the first part and so much happened...and such a killing cliffhangerπŸ˜‘πŸ˜†
Voicemail...he's going to mumbai..usse bataya...oh god..i just wanna knw everything NOW!!!

plzzz continue soon!!!

@Subi look its only the first part and I'm first
matlab aage har part mein bhi I'll be firstπŸ˜ˆπŸ˜›

Thank you Zarq!!!!

I'm glad I got you so excited about this..

As I warned you it has quite a number of cliffhangers so hang in there.. As for knowing everything.. there is suspense till the very last part so you won't get to know everything till the very end.. πŸ˜‰
RestlessWriter thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonia1000

HEY NEETπŸ€—
Thank God you r back
Yaar is it an SR FF plz tell me
*EDITED*
Yaar Very nice start. PLZ continue soon otherwise I m going to die due to suspence. I want to know whose mail was that. PLZ PLZ PLZ continue soon n PLZ tell me is it SR FF?I m confused about

Thank you Sonia 😊

As for your question abt this being an SR FF.. I can't tell you that dear.. Its complicated.. But Riddhima's character will be there in the FF.. Thats all I can say right now.. To know the rest you have to keep reading πŸ˜‰
RestlessWriter thumbnail

Originally posted by: aamirkhanfan

congrats on ur new ff...loved the intro...whose message was it?

Thank you so much 😊

About getting to know who's msg it was.. You will have to wait a couple of parts more πŸ˜‰
-veena.shona- thumbnail
heyyy neet πŸ€—

so finally posted Destiny Wins πŸ˜›

i dnt know wat to say, u r so gud πŸ‘

n im happy tht its a SID FF 😳

n it dsnt hav Horman much πŸ˜‰

thanx for d pm πŸ˜ƒ

oops, i said thanx πŸ€ͺ

wnt do tht again 😊

Veena