Edited by veena_rocks - 13 years ago
-Nags- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
please continue soon dear πŸ˜Š
ginac thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Neets thank u so much for your update. Although I am glad that Neha and Sid hav built up a respect and beautiful friendship between the two. Was so beautiful .😊😊I however could feel every emotion in Sids heart as he was reaching Mumbai. Was really sad to see Sid like this. Please continue soon Neets. SO AWESOME TO HAV U BACK WITH ANOTHER FF. TOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€—
MidnightMusings thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome Neet di... Thanks for the pms... U finished ur other 2 FFs, n i was away so couldn't comment!!!

But i loved every bit of your stories... Thanks di!!!
malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
hes engaged. nice.
i just i lfeel like all this pain...its like idk hes just. my poor broken man... sigh.
ugh lets not even talk about the other two...im just happy he found neha, sometimes a friend is needed more than a lover.
Ovi_Tanni thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Neet πŸ€— πŸ€—

Thank u sooo much 4 this update...bt cliffhanger...πŸ˜”...this part is nice as usual...really felt bad for neha and sid...they built up their realation in beautiful frienship...and now they r engaged...thn i dont wanna think abt tat lobers coz its bother and hurt me a lott...looking forward to next part... continue soon 😊 Edited by Ovi_Tanni - 13 years ago
mala1108 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice update... looking forward to the next one...
thanks 4 the pm
RestlessWriter thumbnail
                                                      PART 3

Recap : Siddhant is going to Mumbai for some reason after 3 months. Sitting in the flight, he thinks about his fiance Neha and how they'd ended up getting engaged. His thoughts also drift towards what had happened the last time he'd gone to Mumbai. He remembers watching Riddhima propose to Armaan and the pain he had felt that had numbed him and the divorce proceedings that he'd gone to attend.

The judge had walked in and said the first session would be with husband and wife alone and had requested everyone else to leave the courtroom.

Judge : Mr. Siddhant Modi?

Sid : Yes.

Judge : Mrs. Riddhima Modi?

Riddhima : Yes.

Judge : I understand that the two of you have filed for divorce of mutual consent on grounds of irreconcilable differences. Is that true?

Sid : Yes.

Riddhima : Yes.

Judge : And what exactly are these irreconcilable differences?

Both of them remained silent.

Judge : The court realizes that it might be difficult for the both of you to speak up of your own accord and will therefore ask you certain questions which are the common grounds for divorce.

Sid and Riddhima nod their heads.

Judge : First and foremost, how long have you been married?

Sid : 8 months.

Judge : Is that true Mrs. Riddhima Modi?

Riddhima nodded her head.

Each time the judge addressed Riddhima as Riddhima Modi, Sid felt as if someone was driving a knife into his heart, or what was left of his heart.

Judge : Have you consummated your marriage?

Riddhima shifted uneasily in her seat. Sid held a blank expression.

Sid : No.

Judge : Is that true Mrs. Riddhima Modi?

Riddhima gave an almost imperceptible nod of her head.

Judge : I would like you to speak up Mrs. Riddhima Modi.

Riddhima (in a small voice) : Its true.

Judge : Well, then, this becomes a case of annulment and not divorce. Now, the court would like to know the reason why you have not consummated your marriage till now.

Riddhma sat with her head bowed down in her seat while Sid sat there like a stone but both of them did not respond.

Judge : Mrs. Riddhima Modi, do you find Mr. Siddhant Modi lacking in his duties towards you as a husband, especially in matters of physical intimacy or even otherwise?

Riddhima : No!

She blurted out. Sid, however, showed no reaction.

Judge ; Mr. Siddhant Modi, is it because you find Mrs. Riddhima Modi inadequate in her wifely duties, especially lacking in physical intimacy that you wish to divorce her?

He should have said yes, but their lawyers had agreed that nowhere in the divorce petition would it be mentioned that Riddhima had cheated on him or that she loved Armaan for the fear of Riddhima's reputation; as per Dr. Shashank's request. So nowhere in the trial were they going to mention anything in that regard. They'd been taught to say some reasons and problems that their lawyers thought would be solid grounds for divorce.

Judge : Mr. Siddhant Modi, have you ever known of your wife committing an act that would be disrespectful to the institution of marriage and would qualify as cheating on you?

Again he should have said yes.

Judge : Mrs. Riddhima Modi, have you ever known of your husband committing an act that would be disrespectful to the institution of marriage and would qualify as cheating on you?

Riddhima : No.

Judge : Mrs. Riddhima Modi, has your husband, Mr. Siddhant Modi, ever verbally, mentally or physically abused you?

Riddhima : No.

The judge had continued with a whole bunch of routine questions regarding finances, job insecurities and professional rivalry. Sid and Riddhima recited the answers they had been taught where appropriate. A little while later, the judge summoned the rest of the people back into the courtroom.

Judge : After its session with the petitioners in question, Mr. Siddhant Modi and Mrs. Riddhima Modi, the court stands unconvinced of their reasons for divorce or in this case, as it stands, annulment. Whatever reasons they may have for filing for divorce, the court does not believe them to be irreconcilable. The Republic of India holds marriage, as an institution, in very high esteem. Therefore, the law system does not grant divorce in situations where there is scope for revival. Therefore, on this day the 30th of October, 2010, this court orders Mr. Siddhant Modi and Mrs. Riddhima Modi to complete one year of their marriage together as husband and wife. During this said period, they will undergo rigorous marriage counseling and therapy sessions to help them sort out their issues and help them work on their marriage. Any defection during the counseling and therapy sessions will be considered contempt of court and the defector will be prosecuted. Also, any attempt to interfere with or manipulate the court proceedings will also be considered contempt of court and will warrant severe action. However, even after completion of the said four-month period, if the petitioners decide that they still wish to go ahead with the divorce, they may file for divorce again and they will be granted divorce as per the discretion of the Judiciary of India at said point of time. The petitioners may appeal against this decision. This divorce petition stands dismissed.

Voice : What would you like to drink Sir?

Sid opened his eyes and came out of his reverie and saw an airhostess hovering over him.

Sid : I'll just have water please.

Airhostess : Certainly Sir.

She handed him a glass of water and he took it and sipped from it. He looked out of the window. It was going to be one long journey. He looked around him, the seats beside him and the plane itself was pretty empty; at least the business class. Somewhere in the back of the plane, in the economy class, he could hear the faint sounds of irate kids crying. Kids, a proper family ' those were dreams he had long given up. He switched on the screen in front of him and randomly picked some movie to watch. But even before the title credits had rolled, his thoughts were back to his own life, which had been no less than a drama.

"This is insane!!" Armaan shouted as soon as they left the courtroom. "Riddhima cannot live with Sid!!" He continued. Sid remained absolutely silent. He wondered what on earth he'd done to deserve this. Riddhima was stone faced too. If everyone else was equally shocked, they weren't showing it or saying anything. Only Armaan went on and on.

"We have to move an appeal against this ruling," he said with finality in his voice. "We could do that but Sir, the higher the court, the longer the wait ", their advocate interjected. "If we go to a higher court, by the time this case comes up for hearing, we could have complied with this ruling, refiled and have the divorce granted," their advocate reasoned. "This is just not happening. You know what, if Riddhima has to live with Sid, I'm moving in with them." Sid was too numb to react to Armaan's outrageous suggestion. Apparently, Dr. Shashank wasn't.

Dr. Shashank : Don't be absurd Armaan.

Armaan : But Sir, how can Riddhima live with Sid?

Dr. Shashank : Let me remind you Armaan that Siddhant and Riddhima are still married. You just heard the judge in there. She very clearly said that their divorce petition had been dismissed. So they are still husband and wife and can very well live together. Also, if you paid attention in there she very clearly warned that any kind of interference and manipulation with the workings of the court will lead to severe action. Please Armaan, do not complicate the situation further.

That managed to effectively silence Armaan. However, the fact that he wasn't pleased with the situation was evident on his face as a muscle twitched away in his jaw. Not paying him any more attention, Dr. Shashank shifted his attention onto the other two people who were standing outside the courtroom; their lives had just spiraled out of their control. Why was this happening? Shashank thought to himself. Sid was such a nice boy. He'd been through so much already. Somewhere deep within, Shashank held himself responsible for the mess Sid's life was in. After all, hadn't he more or less arm twisted Sid into saying that he'd marry Riddhima? Riddhima.. He did not even want to think about the mess Riddhima's life was in. Knowing how his daughter had ruined Sid's life, he'd decided that there was nothing more he could do for Riddhima except of letting her go her own way. So he had done the last thing he thought he'd ever do for her and given Armaan a nudge towards her, willing only for her to be happy in life; if it was with Armaan, then so be it. Then he'd decided to stay out of her life. But maybe, that was not how it was meant to be. He approached where the two of them were standing.

Dr. Shashank : Siddhant..

Siddhant looked at him.

Dr. Shashank : Riddhima..

Riddhima looked at him too. In Sid's eyes, he saw nothing and in Riddhima's eyes there was too much, but as always, incomprehensible. He let out a huge sigh and gathered himself.
Dr. Shashank : I know this is not easy at all for either of you. But unfortunately, it's the word of law. You are going to have to live together for 4 months, whether you want it or not, whether you like it or not. I hope you will handle the situation with maturity and sensibility.

As he turned away from both of them, he rested a hand on Riddhima's shoulder. Riddhima looked at her father with troubled eyes, then at the man standing next to her who refused to look at her and then at the man who was staring at her as if he wanted to look right into her soul.

~ PART 4 ~

Edited by neet06 - 13 years ago
RestlessWriter thumbnail

Hello everyone!!

Back with my update!!

I am sure atleast most of you know that I am not a lawyer and have pretty much nothing to do with the law.. N I hope it stays that way.. So whatever court proceedings that I have stated here are purely fictitious. Pls bear with all the shortcomings.

So, this is the next twist in the story.. N remember, all of this is a flashback.. So the story will keep oscillating between past and present just to reinforce the fact that all of this has already happened..

Trust me I have tried my level best to reduce you-know-who's presence in here and whatever is there cannnot be avoided..

I'm sorry for making all of you recollect the painful ending of DMG but hen since this FF takes off from that point, I had no other way of doing it.. N yes, I agree with all of you that the CVs sidelined Sid's pain completely towards the end and I am attempting to better things here and hope I succeed...

Thats it from me for now.. Thank you so much for your lovely comments...

Cheers

Neet