Sid Ridhima Story: Illusions (End pg 16 note pg18)

kvva thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

2 months after Ridhima's confession

Sid Ridhima applied for divorce and it is not yet through.

Arman is the happiest person, back to his self. Playing around, teasing but is little careful infront of Sid.  Ridima is still in the process of absorbing her new found happiness.  She smiles at Arman's happiness but is very careful in front of Sid.  

Sid is still stuck in Sajeevani.  Another one and half months to finish his internship and for his freedom.  

Shilpa joined back, after Sid's persistence to finish her unfinished task, her internship..

Rest are little confused but none of them could get any entry to Sid. He is closed, completely closed to any body and just work and work. Only he speaks to Shilpa giving her the required strength whenever she was down. But he does not open himself up even to her. No one saw anything near smile on his face. All his current focus is towards getting a seat in a prestigious university in Houston with a Prof that works on mathematical modeling of biological phenomenon. 

It was a bright day and break. People are gathered in canteen.  Shilpha, JP and Jiggy were talking. Sid was sipping his coffee silently.

Arman Ridhima were in a different table in their own world.

'Wow what a flowerji and what is she doing here' JP shouted ..

The flowerji's hands tap Sid and ..

'Oh my god !! Lucy !! You !!! Here !!' Sid shouted in excitement, drew her into a tight hug.

'Oh Sid !! told you !! will follow you' Lucy winked smiling  after accepting the hug.

'Oh god !! Can't believe !! how come !!' draws her into another hug..

'Why did'nt you call me, get in touch with me ..' Sid was getting out of words..

'If I do that, how can I see this excitement in you..' She smiled widely..

'But this is risky !! I mean a country you hardly know, people you hardly know ..' Sid was immediately protective. ..

'Oh !! Siddy don't worry !! I am not still a 6 year old' she hit him playfully..

'Is it true !!' Sid asked again.

'Ouch !! What was that'  Lucy pinched him.. 'It is true ..' she said sheepishly.

JP, Jiggy Shilpa were also smiling all along !! They were happy to see Sid so happy after like ages..  'Must be one of his Houston friends' Ridhima told Arman.

Sid:   'How is Charles, Maggie, Peter, Vinu ..'  list continued ..

Lucy: 'Every one is fine and are missing you like hell ! We are just waiting for your return Sid '

'You and in India' Sid still could not believe it..

'Am here on a business talk, cosmetics you know ..'  She winked smiling..

'Great Lucy !! You are doing what you want' a slight sorrow and a tint of jealousy in Sid's voice..

'Hey !! Common !! You are also trying for maths !!' She said cheering him up.

' I am here for another 2 days !! Where are we going !!'   she continued in a demanding tone..

'Will apply for leave and come back !! Oh Shit !! man I have an operation  today !!' Sid pouted 

'Oh  !! No Sid !! Do something ..'

'Oh mad girl !! You and your surprises !! Let me see what can be done !!'

'You are cute'  Lucy shuffled his hair 'and now hot'.

'Oh !! Stop !!' Sid bit back. 'It is just 5 minutes and you are already into your business' He tried undoing what Lucy did to his hair .. Lucy smiled widely and shuffled his hair again..

'Oh !! God !! You are a pain .. Quite  !! otherwise!! no leave !!'    Sid threatened and that worked..

Sid turned towards others. Suddenly there was dip in his face as if some realization.

Gathering himself, he introduced Lucy to JP, Jiggy and Shilpa.  

He then requested  'JP !! Please !! can you please  substitute me for today !!'

JP immediately accepted 'Anything for you Sid bhaiiyaa !! very happy to see you like this' he thought inside..

'Lucy !! Come with me !!' Sid, JP and Lucy walked along to Locker room..  

Sid deposited Lucy in Locker room with his old set of comics and left with JP.

Around 15-20 minutes later !!

'Boy !! How much time you take' Lucy pouted

'Crazy girl !! You land on me suddenly and don't give me even quarter hour' Sid bounced back'

'Ok !! First things first, You are shifting to my home !! Gosh ! this is so good, finally a payback time ' Sid declared happily .. 

'Anything for you honey !! Infact I am ready to move in permanently '  She winked locking her hands into his ..

'Gosh !! You girl stop flirting ..'  Sid retraced his hands with a jerk and not so angry look..

'I am not flirting honey' she blinked her eyes numerous times looking into Sids eyes..

'Stop Lucy' Sid pleaded ..  'This is my hospital and spare me at least here'

'Ok fine will continue once we are out' she winked again smiling cheekily.  'once we are alone in your house' she continued seductively and in small voice..

Ridhima droped her books suddenly. Sid and Lucy notice her existence.. Lucy gave an apologetic look to Sid.

'My friend Lucy' 'This is our senior, Doctor Ridhima !!'

Sid and Lucy enjoyed the two days. Relived their childhood and adolescence. Sid felt regenerated. Lucy also reminded him of his passion, music. Mathematics and Music were Sid's passion. But his father wanted Sid to be a doctor, just like him. He forced him into biological sciences, but Sid continued with his second passion music. He and a bunch of friends in Houston formed a musical band and they were giving small performances in Houston.  Sid was the main composer and director of this music band.  His father was aware of this, initially did not come in the way as Sid was already upset with Biology. But towards the end of his Grads he was forced to India, in the pretext of learning to be serious with his profession. Sid could not do anything. He did not want to oppose too much, but was seriously wounded with the loss of his second passion also. As a reaction, kept it away from all his new friends in India. He did not even mention it once to anyone in India. He was into so many tussles with Ridhima that he did not even reveal this passion of his to Ridhima. Infact, slowly with time, he himself almost forgot his passion until Lucy reminded him. Lucy was one of his band members, a childhood friend of him (met her first when he was around 6-7 years old) and is very fond of him. 

Sid in those two days transformed into something different. He was reminded strongly of his bright, cheerful past by Lucy.  'Nothing is lost Sid' 'Don't perceive like that' he told himself in the night as he laid down on his bed, after bidding farewell to Lucy. "You will be back to your land, your home in few more days and continue with you passions. This time, don't budge. You are already working towards mathematics and bring back music also. Lucy told almost all are still in Houston and are waiting for you. No more crying. No more sad face. It is not worth it. Good to be single again. Good that she is out of your system. If she was still with you, her problems, confusions, worries would have continued to kill you. Now you are a free bird. Please don't ever feel sad. Fight back' Sid kept on telling these words to himself.  He kept on hypnotizing himself and decided strongly to fight himself to come out and to look beyond Ridima..

A few days later  in Dr. Shashank's cabin!!

'There is no other solution ! Sid and Ridima have to be sent to the village. Dr. Kirti and others are too senior doctors and Shilpa is too young in profession. Ridima is the only Lady doctor that needs to go. If Ridima goes for 10 days we can't afford to send Dr. Arman  away too and somehow I don't believe in the capability of Doctor JP.  That leaves only Sid. And this is a professional decision and I have to deal with it that way only' He confirmed his thoughts  to himself again while looking  at Sid and Ridima, who were sitting infront of him. 

'Well ! Doctors, there is a small village called Manasi 3 hours journey from here. There is a fear of outbreak of a epidemic disease and we need to vaccinate every one there and surrounding areas. You guys need to supervise. Further, the village has no doctor and there are also many people who need the doctor's assistance. The management has decided to send the two of you there and I expect you to respect this professional requirement. You need to go in 2-3 buses and the last one to two kilometers you need to resort to local transport.  There is no bus facility.. '

'But sir ..' Dr. Shashank was cut by Sid.

Shashank moved over to Sid, placed his hand over Sid's shoulder,  'Beta !! This is a professional call and believe me I understand it can be painful to you. But you need to look beyond personal things some times and I request you for that'.  Sid was left with no option and nodded his head. Ridima opened her mouth 'But..'  but was immediately cut by Dr. Shashank who concluded with

'Doctors ! I request you both to start off.  Your bus starts at 8:30 in the morning tomorrow and the details are with the receptionist. If you want, you can take off for today.'  

'Oh God Ridhima how am I going to live without you for 10 days', Arman repeated the mantras of past 20 hours again. He let go of all his guards in front of Sid today. Sid could not take it any further, walked away and waited at a distance. The remaining gang followed him.

'Basket ! please don't do this'  He held her tight, not wanting to let go of her at any cost.

'Arman ! Please try to understand. We are doctors first..'

'But why with Sid !! Your father is very cunning'  

'ARMAN !' Ridhima shouted

His grip reduced slightly and

'Sorry Ridhima ! I am feeling insecure.'  He held her tight again. He further tightened his grip and looked into her eyes begging.

'Arman ! I am yours and only yours, but please I need to go ! try understand' Ridhima tried giving him security.

'Ridhima ! you said the same thing to Sid' words slipped out of Arman and Ridhima already had a dj-vu and her face paled.

'Arman ! please' Ridhima pleaded. ..

Arman finally let go of her. Ridhima felt relieved and felt wrong to feel relieved

Part 2 -- page 3
Part 3 -- page 5
Part 4 -- page 8
Part 5 -- page 10
Part 6 -- page 14
Part 7 -- page 16
Ending note -- page 18
Edited by kvva - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kvva thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Newtons first law :  Every thing continues in rest or uniform motion until an external force is applied.

Some comments on the story and characters !!

Here I add some changes to Sid's character (not signifant though) in an attempt to understand the initial character sketch (during Tammanna phase).  I am a researcher in mathematics and am also giving that flavour to Sid. The first episode is Newtons first law :  Every thing continues in rest or uniform motion until an external force is applied. Sid continues in his misery till Lucy comes and reminds him of his bright past. Something that he lost in the past will help him to deal with his current loss to some extent. The transformation in his persona (From boy to a mature man) will help him get the strength to do what he wants.

Why he says time to repay: Most of the children of the dominated parents do not feel comfortable to invite thier friends to home. Their potrayal outside is different from that in house and this difference discourages them to bring friends home. So in the past Sid has visited Lucy's house quite some times, but never invited her home. His new situation gave him oppurtunity to do that.

I am not very well aware of American culture and the children/teenagers there. I lived only in India and France. So there can be some discrepancies there.

Some times, I can't avoid Scientific terms (mathematical modellnig ...). Lot of cross researchers exist. I am one. I studied Engineering but am currently also pursuading research in mathematics. I guess the same is true with medicine and medical students..

Ridima as in Serial will remain in mute mode for some initial time. But the main focus of the story will be Ridhima in the later stages and opening of her and her mind..

PS: I will try my best to complete the story, but if my schedules and my mood swings permit.

Please note that my english is not very good and I am attempting writing some thing probably the second time. Suggestions are welcome.. But my attempt is mainly to say somethings which I feel strongly regarding the story. and DMG (what I seriously feel went wrong).
Edited by kvva - 13 years ago
sonia1000 thumbnail
Very nice. PLZ continue soon n do PM me
sonia1000 thumbnail
Hey very nice start. continue soon n PLZ PM me next time
superxuberant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
pplz contd...itzz really gud
Sid needs to fight bak
the smile on his face n d joy in his life r much needed
why his happiness b d slave of ridhimma's betrayl
loved d concept
plz pm wen u update next😊
HipHop-Remix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wonderful start 
plzz continue soon n pm me..............
indian_beauty thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome start!!!

plz PM me when u update!
jacobharry10011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow Awesome start
Loved to see Sid happy
Please pm me
Really nice start!

My favourite bit was at the end when Ridhimma tells Armaan that she was his and only his and he tells her that she said the same thing to Sid!

Looking forward to the next part!😊

Please do PM me.
nomadsoul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Good start!! Looking forward to their 10 days medical trip! Add me to ur pm list

P.s I love to hate A**man

p.p.s You better not abandon this FF!!

Cheers!l
lee :)