indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
this was what i wrote in reply to someone on another thread. then i thought, i wanted to post it here... on the main forum, because i just wanted to, bas.

i am waning a bit every day, minus that acting.

just saw 111, all because my friend is on an orange white man chase... of course it was the wrong episode. but there's that little scene there. where he is feeling things after almost kissing ("almost kiss" can make its way to the oed or something now i think 😆), he grabs his phone, then he looks for an escape, from her, from his feelings, what else who knows... he turns around, ever so slowly, and finally makes eye contact... though his eyes stray away... she keeps asking him, he watches her, all sorts of feelings in his eyes, then lunges forward grabbing her shoulders as if to shut everything up...everything is too much for him... then again a wave of emotions assails him... his fingers let go, he steps away...

i can go on.

every bit hits me inside. he is the guy who has left her without any explanations, after being drawn to her and seeking her all evening. he is the one refusing to give any explanations now and being rigid and distant, and snarly... she is the young virginal one, he the guy who is worldly and has a live in gf at the moment... to whom he will get engaged an instant later...

yet my old cynical jaded heart is feeling bad bad bad for him.

what
can one call this level of acting.

yes, direction and editing in these scenes were extraordinary... but those expressions were his, that timing, and the emotions he allows to seep into the frame.

what amazes me also is that in our times of smart everything, lots of one liners and this trendy cool lovin', when it is almost unfashionable to show too much feeling, he expresses so minutely, deeply, and with shades and tones and yet remains utterly cool. asr is hot, even when he weeps... nothing makes him thobby, embarrassing, filmi...

i often feel there's a hollywood matinee idol in him and a hindi films sixties/seventies actor and something from right here right now... i wonder if even he knows what he exudes, how he talks to the camera.

this is a rare rare actor... i've never ever done this for anyone, not even my favourite mr ford or shash kaps or jeremy ji...

but this guy is something else.

now a lot of people will disagree with me i am sure... no problem. each to her own. this is what i think, i feel, and i want to share here. if you'd like to talk about a scene that particularly touched you or drives you crazy even now... please do.

i spoke about barun and his acting, but if you'd like to share something about sanaya or any of the other actors, please do so.

would like to stick to thoughts on acting here, that's all.

and happy, chilled out discussions, no fightings shightings, pillheej.

i haven't edited the shots at all... they make their point as they are. and on repeated viewing.

thanks all for reading. i do try to post a reply to all your comments, do please check later. and home of you have left comments, i felt others might enjoy reading, so am adding the links here.

kashi11's post
Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
wow indi I love ur threads.. Love reading it.
well wat to say u wrote it all...
Anarocksick thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
What a lovely post!
Oh his acting was something alright. It almost felt real. I don't if it was director or just him who pulled it off with such perfection... and it's not like a dark character hadn't been done before. But the way he acted did something for me. Everything... 

Dil ko touch kar jane wali acting! 

You know when you read a good romance and fall in love with the hero...the way he acts, talks blah blah. I feel ASR was that character of a favourite  romance of mine...and I just can't get over him.

I think I started watching the show because of him (well I liked the promos too, but really, it was him that made me watch the show), and in the end, when the show was in its dying days...I watched it for him...and only him.

He is definitely a mix of 60s/70s Bollywood hero and the 90's to present Hollywood and a very good book's hero.

Oh I am in love with a fictional character, kya hoga mera?
Edited by Anarocksick - 10 years ago
.BumbleBee. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Amazing post 😊
Sanaya.Barun thumbnail
He just makes me feel everything is so real. 
Sanaya too makes me feel her pain, etc. 
I was a kid before IPKKND, so didn't really notice people's acting, i used to think they all do it same. But now when i see a show, I can see the acting is not realistic or some other things will make me shut it. All those Indian shows makes me realize that IPK was different. Barun's acting was different. 
I'm still not satisfied with any other indian show, and when I'm not satisfied i don't watch it.

Thats the reason i cant help but wish i get to see them again.. But looks like its next to impossible. *Sigh*
sarunsashasingh thumbnail
Indeed every thing was so real the love n pain showcased by Sarun...It was simply wow. ❤️ Edited by sondaryalakshmi - 10 years ago
zzoombie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I sometimes refuse to believe that it was a work of fiction
seems so real and its the only serial that has seeped in our real world.
Barun looked so full of charm and innocent in those diwali episodes
and mysterious Arnav holding his emotions under the cover of his arrogance.
all done brilliantly 👏

sonia_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Brilliant post 👏
Barun Sobti is an actor par excellence ! ⭐️ ⭐️ ❤️ 
Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
What an amazing post! A rarity these days, so much welcomed too.
I always thought the amazing part of the Diwali day was not their attraction, not jaadu hain nasha hia, not the almost kiss, but ASR's inner turmoil and Khushi's heartbreak. I have watched that scene over and over, where he grabs her by shoulders and then releases her, realising that he had hurt her again. 
A round of applause to Sanaya too - After Arnav turned his back on her, Khushi went through so much - I don't think any other actress except Sanaya could have done that. Specially her longing and confusion when he came to bandage her finger... one of her best, best acting. 

Wishing again how wonderful it would have been, if the show was on air with that 2 fabulous actors - not with some cheap track, but with a one that could showcase their amazing talent. 
svmi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Indi
As ASR Barun was very very real. After watching him , I told my husband exactly what you have written that that this actor is in league with the Greats in BW and HW.