Edited by Nkapoor3 - 11 years ago
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Karisma Kapoor ruling Bollywood as the No.1 actress in the late 90s still didn't reach up to her true potential when it came to onscreen histrionics.Cut 2001's Shyam Benegal directed women-centric film Zubeidaa and you've all the critics lapping her performance up. Surpassing herself as the passionate, defiant, wilful and troubled Zubeidaa,Karisma lends rare charm,dignity,sensitivity and true depth to the character making it the ubiquitous modern woman-strong,independent and resolute.You love the vivacious girl in her. You struggle along with her as she tries to adjust to being a queen - failing miserably. You want to dance with her - when she commits the crime of dancing along with the visiting commoners. And you simply marvel at how the glamorous girl of so many commercial potboilers could be the same woman portraying such a complex character. Career definining to say the least.
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Nkapoor3 thumbnail
Nkapoor3 thumbnail

Earlier, I offered her a role in Parampara. Sadly, she left the film because of her busy schedule. I'm glad she won a National Award through my film, Dil To Pagal Hai." (Yash Chopra, Film Director & Producer) 

Nkapoor3 thumbnail

The 5 Indian actresses I was absolutely in love with when I was growing up and I am pretty sure, I am still in love with them….

#Madhuri Dixit #Sridevi #Kajol #Juhi Chawla

Nkapoor3 thumbnail

#40/50 photos of Karishma Kapoor