FF- Time And Again- Book 2- Book 3- Link added

bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
This is the first FF that I ever imagined... And also my personal favourite..it feels really, really good that I finished a whole thread, and the credit for all of it goes to you, my readers. Thank you for putting up with my writing, for commenting, for making a perfectly awful day a good one!
Now, I won't be putting up a summary, because, in a summary, you tend to gloss over details, and every detail I've put in this story needs to be mentioned. So if you want a revision, I'm afraid you'll have to read all 16 chapters. I'm really sorry, but trust me- it's better if you guys check the details for yourselves. That way I won't get joote chappals in the end, when I unravel the whole thing.
Book 1- Time and Again

Index : Chapter 17- Page 1 (see below)

Edited by bookworm-ALS-- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Chapter 17

Dehradun, 2011 :
Alina was just drying her hair after a shower when her mobile rang. 'Alina Khurana,' she said crisply into the mouthpiece. 'Yes, that is who I wish to speak to,' said the voice, sounding slightly familiar. 'This is Siddharth Malik, director of Malik Industries and Textiles. You are supposed to report at 9:00 am. As it's your first day, I'm giving you an hour's lease, but no more than that.' 'Hold on a sec,' said Alina. 'Are you hiring me?' 'I decided I wanted efficiency over coldness, so yeah,' came Siddharth's cool voice. 'Try not to be extremely late on your first day, will you?'
Before Alina could give vent to her anger on being called cold, the call went off, and she glared at the mobile phone. She was beginning to regret applying for it-almost. Fine, Mr. Malik, she thought. Let's play.

Raichand Mansion :

Abhay scrunched his hand into a fist, trying to ignore the temptation of punching the wall- and dislodging the bricks. That stupid dream. Piya's face, the picture of misery. The pain he had given her so many times, reflected in the brown orbs. But those words...that voice! Those words...had not someone else spoken the very same ones to him? He let out an involuntary growl, trying to push back the memories of that hateful woman. How sweet, how kind she had been. Correction-pretended to be. And then had turned around and betrayed him, as easy as pie. It was all her fault the three of them had died that night. If not all, then half, definitely- why else would Siddharth have defended her, all those years ago? It bothered him now, when he thought of her. It was unnerving to see the woman he loved most speak the same words as the woman he hated most. More than Maithali. And those eyes...those wide, brown eyes that sometimes shone with mischief or happiness... Piya's eyes reminded him suddenly of Piyali's.
And suddenly, he felt a surge of hatred for Piyali. Even though she was long dead now. He hoped she'd had a painful death. Preferably a long drawn out one.

'Abhay?' came the soft voice of his mother. 'Why haven't you left for college yet?' 'I don't feel like it, Mom,' he snapped irritably. Haseena looked irritated. 'Don't be foolish,' she snapped. 'Apparently Panchi Dobriyal is missing and cannot be traced. You know as well as I do that that mad man-he'll stop at nothing to involve us in the matter. And if you don't go to college, it'll fuel rumours that -'

'I don't CARE!' yelled Abhay suddenly. His hand reached out and swiped at a glass vase : it fell to the floor and shattered. 'Stop dictating me, Mom! I've had enough!' 'Abhay-' began Haseena tentatively, but Abhay didn't stop to listen. 'You- you think this is a game don't you? All of you!' he roared in anger, ignoring his father, who had just arrived. 'The whole lot of you- you, Dad, Piya, Alina, that new vampire, the werewolves- what do you think, I'm the effing God of the world, who can handle anything and everything and be absolutely perky about it! First, Piya leaves! Neither her family nor anyone else knows where she is, and in what state : how's that for torture huh? Then that chit of a girl Alina, comes and tampers with my head, and I don't even know what she's done! Then, a new vampire arrives, and I'm supposed to find out who it is, and get attacked by werewolves in the process, and then you-' he pointed to Haseena 'give me emotional blackmail about Piya, and now you want me to go to college!'
Abhay stopped shouting. Haseena and Chand looked at each other. He knew they were pitying him now. Great, just what he needed. 'Fine,' he snapped. 'I'm leaving for college. Stop looking at me like that.'

As he went to his car, he spotted a girl sitting on its bonnet. And not just any girl. Alina Khurana. 

'In case you don't know, this is MY car,' snapped Abhay. 'So get off : don't you have any work?'

Alina smiled widely. 'Actually, I do, how nice of you to ask,' she said, smirking. 'It's at the Malik Industries, as a secretary to the new boss.' Abhay's head shot up. 'New boss?' 'Yeah, it was pretty quiet, didn't come out much because the guy doesn't like publicity,' she replied. 'Hold on,' said Abhay. 'What's his name?'Alina considered for a moment. 'Well it won't hurt, I suppose, ' she said at last. 'Siddharth Malik.'
Abhay whirled around to stare at her, his eyes wide. Siddharth... Siddharth... Oh, dear heavens, he though. Siddharth was back.

Before he had time to process this bit of news, Alina smiled suddenly. 'I came to tell you something else, though. You will never get what you say you want from Piya.'

'What?' snapped Abhay. 'Her hatred,' replied Alina simply. 'She loves you too much for that. So stop trying, you know. Won't work.' And with those infuriating parting words, she strode off.

Pandher, 1858 :

The next morning, when Piya went outside to search for Siddharth, she was met with silence. 'Siddharth?' she called out tentatively, but there was no answer. She grew worried. Where on earth was he? She decided to go to the cottage through the forest. 
As she neared the forest, she collided with a very hard wall, which immediately said 'Piyali! I hope you are not hurt.' She looked up to see the man who had not left her thoughts for more than ten minutes. He steadied her, gripping her shoulders, oblivious to the raging battle in her heart. 'Oh-Abhayendra,' she said, trying to speak normally. 'I was just-looking for Siddharth- do you know where he is?' Abhayendra looked at her hopefully. 'You do know- I mean, about the Princess and me-' 'Oh!' she exclaimed, as the ground threatened to give way under her. 'Oh, yes of course,' she said in over bright tones. 'I must congratulate you-both of you. You two make a lovely couple.' His eyes brightened. 'Thank you so much,' he said with a genuine smile. ' You see, my brother doesn't like this at all. I tried telling him I would never jeopardise the Princess' position, or take advantage of her, but he won't accept that I- that I- I love her. Will you speak to him? It bothers me that he doesn't approve.' 

Pia's eyes widened in shock. No wonder, she thought, no wonder Siddharth is upset... Oh god, and Abhayendra had no idea why... She had to fix this somehow. 'Take me to him,' she said quietly. 'I shall speak to him.' Abhayendra grinned widely. 'You would? Oh, Piyali, thank you so much. I'm glad you're my friend.' 'I'm Maithali's friend too,' she said, in a laughing voice, while all the time, all she could think was : Friends. Friends. That's all we'll be. Get over it.

'Are you well?' said Abhayendra, as he led her through the forest. Piya stared at him. 'Yes- why?' 'Your eyes,' he said, looking confused. 'They're swollen and red. Have you been crying?' Shit, thought Piya. Now what?

'Oh, nothing, ' she answered brightly. 'Just some dust that went in my eyes. It's fine now,' she added, noticing his expression of concern. The worry did not leave his face. 'But there's something wrong,' he said, sounding unsure. 'Your eyes...they look dead.' 

She closed her eyes, not knowing what to say. At last she spoke, 'It must be a trick of the light.' he nodded, but looked unconvinced.
They reached Siddharth, sitting alone and glum in a clearing. 'Um- I think you should leave us alone,' said Piya awkwardly. He nodded. 'Of course. I understand. Thank you.' 

'Heard the good news, have you?' said Siddharth caustically, as she sat down next to him. 'Oh yes,' she replied in an equally bitter tone. 'I had the mitigated pleasure of watching them, too.' Siddharth turned to look at her, his face softening. 'I understand,' he whispered brokenly. 'I'm sorry, Piyali. I wish-I wish- ' He broke off, watching the ravens among the trees.

'We can't change fate, can we, Siddharth?' whispered Piya softly. 'All we can do is- is help them keep it a secret. The king will never agree, you know...' 'Yes,' whispered Siddharth. 

Piya touched his arm, pulling him to face her. He looked into her anguished eyes, and then awkwardly pulled her into a hug. They remained locked in each other's embrace for a long time, letting the tears flow. 

Wiping her eyes, Piya said tentatively, 'Siddharth, please don't be mean to Abhayendra. He's so innocent. He didn't know. He was so upset when you wouldn't speak to him. Please?'

'I should have known,' he muttered resentfully. 'You would take his side against mine.' 

She glared at him. 'Siddharth, you know that I-' ' All right,' he said resignedly. 'I know you're still in love with him. Fine, I'll do this for you. But only because you let me cry on your shoulder, mind you. If word of this gets about-'

Piya let out a shaky laugh. 'Don't worry,' she said.'It won't.'

He accompanied her to the palace, at sunset. As she was going, he said softly, 'Why couldn't we have fallen for each other?' She laughed again, that mirthless laugh. 'If we could control our hearts, would we be in this mess?'    

PS. Thank you once again for supporting me all throughout the first book... And jhelaofying my writing. I am sincerely sorry I am not being able to update often but with boards and all I'm on a tight schedule 

Edited by bookworm-ALS-- - 10 years ago
Divya6696 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
๐Ÿ˜ฒRES

-Edited-

Hehe.. Hello.. YAY.. I'm the first one..!!! ๐Ÿฅณ ๐Ÿคฃ
Hearty Congratulations on the Book 2 re.. ๐Ÿค—

Okay.. Awesome update Shreya.. ๐Ÿ‘

Abhay has a lot of hatred bottled up for Piyali.. It was very much oozing out.. bechaari Piyali.. karne kuch gayi thi aur ho kuch aur gaya.. ๐Ÿ˜†
Ah.. This time Abhay gave a piece of his mind to his Mom.. ๐Ÿ˜† that was.. err.. rude.. ๐Ÿคฃ
Alina's right.. Piya loves him too much to hate him.. ๐Ÿ˜ณ its for the same that she unintentionally messed up with his past.. messed up pretty bad.. ๐Ÿ˜†
Friends.. The word makes you happy as well as sad sometimes.. In case of Piya.. it made her feel bad.. a friend was all she could be to Abhayendra.. ๐Ÿ˜’
Good that Piya talked to Siddharth.. But lets hope it stays into his mind.. I know it won't.. ๐Ÿคฃ

Once again.. it was really good..
Now, I can't even ask you to update soon.. you already did.. ๐Ÿ˜†

I'm the first one to reply on the new book.. yay..!!!
Edited by Divya6696 - 11 years ago
..juhi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
res
-----edited------
great update shreya๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
poor abhay kitna tension me hain๐Ÿ˜†
so alina-sid han? great๐Ÿ˜‰
maithili t bohot bhadak jayegi...uske dono pyade(uske hisab se) use chod ke dusri ladkiyon ke pas chale gaye๐Ÿ˜†
congo on new book๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by -juhi-lily- - 11 years ago
Rmuk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Congratulations for 2nd book. Ur amazing FF deserve many more books!!!! And yea thanks for answering those question, a bit of my doubts got cleared.
..tora.tangled. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
congo for book 2 shreya...
and me too res๐Ÿ˜Š
---edited----
awesome chappy shreya!!! this is getting more and more interesting...piyali betrayed abhayendra??๐Ÿ˜ฒ  no no no i think there is more to it than meets the eye..and maybethis is where reina comes in though i'm not sure๐Ÿ˜•..wondering what will happen when abhay realizes that piyali and piya are the same person...both the person he loves and also  hates...or rather claims to hate...๐Ÿ˜•
take ur time and update...i'm really impatient but i wont rush u๐Ÿ˜ณ...i know boards r very important..gud luck with preaparations๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by ..tora.tangled. - 11 years ago
rosamale thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
congrats for book 2. waiting for the update :)

update was awesome yaar. i loved it... Abhayendra noticed teh change in Piyali๐Ÿ˜ฒ... I loved Sid's dialogues... thanx for the pm dear
Edited by rosamale - 11 years ago
barki thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Congo 4 Book2๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘ and continue soon๐Ÿ˜Š
meerubzara thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
congrates for book 2
w8ng 4 update