madmaxine thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I don't know about you guys, but I actually ROFL'd through today's episode. There was so much drama, I thought it was a spoof on Bollywood movies of the 70s-80s.

1). Spoof No.1: Nani finds her inner Jaya Prada. When Jayashree T decides to go all "Dafliwaaale" on poor Arnav, he has no choice but to walk away. Anybody would in response to that decibel level. Ka-put. Those are my ear-drums going split. Why Dafliwaale, you ask? because she's gonna do precisely what she states she won't do. Main nachoon, tu nacha, aa, aa, aa.

Dafiwaaale! Dafli bajaa!

Btw, if you can watch Jaya Prada jumping like a kangaroo on weed in this video (she calls it dancing!) and not laugh, Imma changin' my name from Maxine to err...Vidhya.

2). Spoof No.2: Anjaliji channelizing her inner Salma Agha. Dil ke armaan aansuon mein beh gaye. Hayye. 

Cry, baby cry!

'Nuff said. If I write more, my keyboard will bleed tears of givvupness.

3). Spoof No.3: NK recognizing his inner Laxmikant Berde. The do-gooder sidekick. The guy who never gets the gal, but manages to maintain his innate decency (Boooring! We prefer balding, bad guys with violent tendencies to decent! Puh-leeze!)

Dosti ki hai, nibhaani toh padegi!

Tell me you didn't watch that and go, Awww! Just tell me! 😊

4). Spoof No.4: Khushi finding her inner suhagan. (Could be any 70s-80s heroine. Padmini Kolhapure, Reena Roy, Poonam Dhillon et al. Take your pick!)

Winds are-a-winding.
Agni-is-a-flaming.
Arnav walks her, dragging, dragging.
Arnav walks her dragging
Up to the old temple hall.
Khushi, Shashi-babua's daughter
Scratch that, Shashi babua's former daughter
Dragged to the temple to marriaging.
One chutki sindoor in her maang.
One mangalsutra round her neck.
The noose is tied. The goose is cooked.
She is sada suhangan for the next 6 months.

Bad poetry you say? Better than the actual happenings, I say!

May you forever be a 6 month permanent suhagan!

Spoof No.5: Garima channeling her inner anti-JayaPrada. In other words. Tune mera doodh nahin piya hai, therefore you suck. Mat keh mujhe Amma. Okies. Shall we say boring woman with no personality and no dialogues until 2 days ago?

You're not mine, you martyr you!

Spoof No.5: Buaji reaching for her inner Nirupa Roy. She doesn't know what she done today man. Disowning is easy. But picture tou bahut baaki hai. She'll end up crying rivers of tears. Ask Amitabh Bachchan. He's played her son in every worthwhile movie she's done. And she was usually wrong in the end. Nirupa Buaji. Hoshiyaar. You've set a scary domino level sequence of events into motion today. Methinks one day it's gonna be your butt and a very big, painful anti-rabies vaccine requiring bite. Don't say I didn't tell you. Here's whats gonna happen:

My child! My child!

Spoof No.6: Akashji and Payalji: They thought they were playing roles in a silent movie. Emoting was enough. No words necessary. I say, THANK YOU! No faltoo video for you, that's how thankful I am.

Spoof No.7: Mamiji: Well now, she was spoofing every evil Saas, Komolika, or Nanad that ever existed. Just youtube K serial. There's about 3 zillion clips to be had. I won't put one up...too many favorites to choose from.

Spoof No. 8: Sorry. there isn't one. Even I don't dare spoof the great ASR.The only chap smart enough to walk away from today's spoof-fest!

In short: Ek chutki sindoor ki keemat: 6 months of shaadi, Loads of tear duct hypersecretion, Khushi becoming dukhi, ASR ki saasein ruki ruki, Anjaliji's pregnancy yucky yucky, Maamiji gloating, Naniji moping, Fans begin a-doping. Iss sindoor ko kya naam doon? πŸ˜‰

Cheers!
Vidhya

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YPNHK_kiFANno.1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Many a reference in this post, but πŸ˜† I must admit I always wanted the bells a-ringing and loads of wind power and the dum dum dum intense music lol! Everything coming together and that sindoor! Oh how harshly he dragged the powder through her hair! Ouch! All of it injected full on power into the episode! True the crying was OTT! And we shall have to suffer with that for days to come! But hey-ho! Tis the result as you said of ek chutki sindoor! πŸ˜‰
madmaxine thumbnail

Originally posted by: YPNHK_kiFANno.1

Many a reference in this post, but πŸ˜† I must admit I always wanted the bells a-ringing and loads of wind power and the dum dum dum intense music lol! Everything coming together and that sindoor! Oh how harshly he dragged the powder through her hair! Ouch! All of it injected full on power into the episode! True the crying was OTT! And we shall have to suffer with that for days to come! But hey-ho! Tis the result as you said of ek chutki sindoor! πŸ˜‰

Thank you for commenting and saving my post from the eternal shame of dying with nary a comment! *hugs*. But yeah man, ek chutki sindoor...the most powerful thing in the world.
No probs lol! One my posts a while back suffered the eternal shame of dying without a comment, so I can sympathise! πŸ˜›πŸ˜†πŸ€—

This sindoor ne kaam kharaab kiya yaar! Tell u what though! Maybe I'm thinking just a titbit too far ahead, but what the hay! I can't wait for when her maang needs to be filled again…will she do it herself, or maybe she'll forget one day and Arnav will be forced to fill it in front of the family?? 
pingponglucy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I have to say there was one ASR moment where i cringed and ironically it was exactly when he was putting sindoor on her and the MS lol!

I just found the whole thing quite 80/90's filmy! "Yeh loh sindoor aur yeh loh mangalsutra" (that probably wasn't the correct line but you catch my drift haha. I am surprised the camera didn't circle around them with the constant chiming of the bells!

But i can never fault Arnav otherwise...the man is just too cute.

bahi. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Can some of you complete the sentence for me?

Ek chutki sindoor... πŸ˜›

And what does that sentence really mean (translation please?)

Edited by Raha26 - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: pingponglucy

I have to say there was one ASR moment where i cringed and ironically it was exactly when he was putting sindoor on her and the MS lol!

I just found the whole thing quite 80/90's filmy! "Yeh loh sindoor aur yeh loh mangalsutra" (that probably wasn't the correct line but you catch my drift haha. I am surprised the camera didn't circle around them with the constant chiming of the bells!

But i can never fault Arnav otherwise...the man is just too cute.

@bold πŸ˜† That was the missing ingredient! 

Originally posted by: Raha26

Can some of you complete the sentence for me?

Ek chutki sindoor... πŸ˜›

…ki keemat tum kya jaano??? πŸ˜†
upii thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Awesome post, read it twice. love the sarcasm on spoof no. 8 
queenie11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I was in those kinda wanna cry because this is sort of funny half hysterical I'm too obsessed with this show what am I doing with my life moods today while watching the episode

So when I saw the sindoor - I literally yelled ek chutki sindoor!! at my computer, so imagine my delight reading your post

And yes, today's episode was a rather painful melodramatic medley of mockery of bad movies (see what I did there? yeah I'll just sign off the forum and never come back after this...) 

But hey, it'll only get better? It's always darkest before dawn right? Right