Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: tintiny

@PS:  I am fedup of Mahaan Heroines as I call them...I would have very much appreciated if Priya on hearing her mother, glared at her, saying ok till now my money was good but not any longer...atleast I would have done that if my mother ever (which I think she will not in her wildest dreams) did something like this...

I agree with you about the mahanta of heroines in serials now a days...every single TV show is filled with them.(exception being Suhana from SGP...she's just awesomeπŸ˜ƒ)

BUT dont you think that if they do show the selfish human nature aspect in these characters, these shows wouldn't last two days on the air because the aunties who provide TRP's for these shows dont want those characters, because Tulsi,Parvati,Prerna and Archana are the ideal bahus...who wouldn't want a bahu,daughter,wife like them?? They're strong in their own way, give bhashans on philosophies that we all believe in (some of us) but don't act out on it, they're true and they're mahan and are ready to give their left arm for their families

why do you think people consider Tulsi, Parvati, Archana etc above the rest? its because of their OTT mahanta...I agree that it is very unrealistic aspect of a person (NO sane person takes the crap that these characters were put through) yet they still are considered to be popular even today for serial fanatics

I think the reason Ekta hasnt done anything different with the show is BECAUSE of her target demographic of middle class females, that's why we're so disappointed because its been there done that, however that is the formula that has worked for EK in the past and will continue to work for her in the future

I for one do like these characters but also am annoyed when they get OTT mahan. One of the biggest duffers on TV right now is Archana from PR...she was an amazing character but now I feel like slapping her because of her mahanta...in fact the only realistic protagonist Ekta has EVER created is Piya from PKYEK because being a teenage girl I can relate to her somewhat(minus the fact that she is in love with a vampire). I was discussing this with my cousin today that Priya is an older version of Piya...I dont think Priya is going to be OTT mahan like Tulsi etc. I hope she maintains a strong dignity about herself like Arohi from KMH did
Edited by Tani91 - 12 years ago
divan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tani91

I agree with you about the mahanta of heroines in serials now a days...every single TV show is filled with them.(exception being Suhana from SGP...she's just awesomeπŸ˜ƒ)

BUT dont you think that if they do show the selfish human nature aspect in these characters, these shows wouldn't last two days on the air because the aunties who provide TRP's for these shows dont want those characters, because Tulsi,Parvati,Prerna and Archana are the ideal bahus...who wouldn't want a bahu,daughter,wife like them?? They're strong in their own way, give bhashans on philosophies that we all believe in (some of us) but don't act out on it, they're true and they're mahan and are ready to give their left arm for their families

ERR...this aunty takes an exception to that, I don't have a bahu but I don't want one like that either.πŸ˜”
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: divan

ERR...this aunty takes an exception to that, I don't have a bahu but I don't want one like that either.πŸ˜”

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† sorry didnt mean to generalize like that.😳...I mean most people who do have those "back talking" bahus...I know some aunties who would die for a bahu like Archana
neets_ltl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tintiny

Dear Friends,

There is a saying leopard seldom changes its spots.  Even if Leopard does change its spot I think Maayi will never change hers.  Inspite of making a mark in Bollywood for different kind of films, Maayi has the same old formula for her TV shows...Aajki do baatein

1)  The step mother reveals herself, her selfish intentions for the betterment of her children.  She does not want Ram to get married ever...what I failed to understand, Ram such a successful man is waiting for his 'mom' to fix his alliance  In this era and time it looked out of place...yes when you are 20 but not at 40...I mean does he asks for her permission before leaving home for office?? I think maybe the point from what I remember was, that the mother said that at 40, one forgets thinking about marriage. But yeah, I guess it is weird for a grown up man to be solely relying on his parents to find him a wife..then again, his character is such that business se fursat nahi milti and then he seems like a softie within as well, so leaves such things to the people he finds are best equipped to deal with it. Understand where you are coming from though.

2)  I am fed up of seeing Miss Little Goody goodies, like a typical hindi serial heroine, Priya is ever so sacrificing does not get hurt or even if she does she is smilling and doing ever pleasing things...whereas me I think it is my birthright to fight with my mom stillπŸ˜›  Somehow I could not connect with Priya, the matured lady she is I understand but mom is mom and somewhere you should show some believable scenes...I will put my hands up and say I have never seen Sakshi act on TV. But with Tuesday's episode, nothing about her character was appealing - yeah it's only 2 episodes in, but first impressions are key and when the foundation laid is weak, then how will everything else stand strong in comparison? The only time I sympathised with Priya, was when her horrible mother was totally disregarding her hardwork and achievements and was basking in the glory of her younger daughter's success for a profession, that really, holds little value in front of a profession that requires intelligence and thought. But thats not even the point here. The point is, Priya's job brought money into the house, fulfilled needs, and if a mother can brush that under the carpet as if it holds no significance whatsoever, then I pity her. But coming to your point, I think that yes, Priya should have been protrayed as a stronger woman, she is no young woman, she is matured, and as such, needed to say a few words, without actually being rude. Alas, it seems as if the story seems to be shaping up to be one where both the leads have mothers who don't give a crap about them, and so in that sense, the more akelApan they feel and lack of love, the more they will be shown to be happy and the 'right couple' in every sense, because they both went through the same emotions. πŸ˜• Yes...I'm ok with that part, but why show it in such a way?

Jate Jate...I am also surprised to see the potrayal of Priya's sister Ayesha...she does not want to become a super model instead wants to get married!!  At this age ?  I mean now every girl likes to have her own identity before she takes the pheras!

Last but not the least, so much so for a different show, except the age of the hero heroine, everything is the same I feel...must confess the promos were misleading but will stick around for first few months just to see RK and ST chemistry being built up...it will be ruined later anyway so till then friends, your thoughts..Love Tin Hmm...I think the promos reflect whatever is going to happen after the marriage, and to be honest, that is where the story lies. Then these 2 characters will have no external influence and it will be just them, getting to know each other. The thing is, there is a story there, something is glistening in bits and pieces, but Ekta needs to get rid of her same old same old background music stuff that is churned out all the time. It makes me cringe. If it was supposed to be such a refreshing concept, then make it all refreshing na? Why is she using the same music from her other shows? Where's the creativity in that? Also, why were there all these weird editing glitches? The story telling needs polishing up. Everything seems jumbled because they are trying to show both Priya and Ram's story and all these extra characters, makes it rusty. Other things I want to add is that they spent a good 5 minutes yesterday at the flippin pool with Ram's friend who really needs to learn dialogue delivery, just boring me to death. For crying out loud, what was up with those sentimental dialogues out of nowhere that were just plain boring and oh so cliched? πŸ₯± The wife and her 'suspicions' was just annoying as well, the whole drama in the lift, I mean come on, what is going on? The only plus point is Ram Kapoor's acting and the way he is playing his character- I'm liking him in bits and pieces but other than that, I don't think I will be able to connect to a show where the mothers are shown in such a negative manner, bg music used for Tere Liye and KMH1 is repeated and dialogues are so blahhh.

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

someone should start a Ram Kapoor Weight Loss forum or club...πŸ˜†

it wouldnt even be actor bashing cause he is loved so much by so many fans..its really for his betterment as we dont want him to croak due to a heart attack

i remember seeing him in this movie with Chittra..something her name was

he was sooo skinny and cute in that movie

he doesnt have to be that slim, but he at a point where he falls out of the obese/overweight category
Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with you, it is high time Ram takes care of himself.  I do not give a damn about his logic for remaining overweight...He is just fooling himself and the worst part is he is not looking nice on the screen too whereas he has such lovely features specially his eyes,,
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

someone should start a Ram Kapoor Weight Loss forum or club...πŸ˜†

it wouldnt even be actor bashing cause he is loved so much by so many fans..its really for his betterment as we dont want him to croak due to a heart attack

i remember seeing him in this movie with Chittra..something her name was

he was sooo skinny and cute in that movie

he doesnt have to be that slim, but he at a point where he falls out of the obese/overweight category

Yes, he did two movies with Chitrangada Singh.

One ws Hazarein Khwaishein Aisi (he was so good in it) and the other was Kal: Yesterday and Tomorrow.