MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Bachchans' boycott of IIFA 2011
By Guneet Wadera - Filmicafe.com, 16 January, 2011

It's the season of awards in B'town. And amongst all the winning and losing, celebrating and griping - it's absence and not presence that is gripping headlines, more so than whose walking away with the trophies.

If tweeting and twittering is to go by then the first family of Bollywood, Bachchan Junior and Senior with family won't be making an appearance at the 2011 International Indian Film Academy Awards a.k.a IIFA Awards to be held in Toronto this year.

The head of the B'clan, Amitabh Bachchan posted the following message to his legions of followers on twitter saying, "We are not coming to IIFA. IIFA said our services are not required!"

The development does come as a bit of surprise as the Bachchans have had a long association with IIFA and are perceived by many to be Ambassadors of the awards.

Surely they'll be sourly missed!
Edited by MissIffiy - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
ahh i was about to post this๐Ÿ˜† It mean we won't be getting the main entertainment๐Ÿ˜” I was expecting lots of riots. So disappointed:/
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
๐Ÿ˜† sorry I am glad they are not going they suck the fun out of everything & I am hoping to make it to the IIFA awards this year fingers crossed salman PC better be there ๐Ÿ˜Š
Zareena thumbnail

Originally posted by: MissIffiy

๐Ÿ˜† sorry I am glad they are not going they suck the fun out of everything & I am hoping to make it to the IIFA awards this year fingers crossed salman PC better be there ๐Ÿ˜Š

let's hope srk makes it this time๐Ÿ˜†

but isn't bachchan still the ambassador??๐Ÿ˜•
perfectlyflawed thumbnail
Arrey family award function ko boycott kar diya๐Ÿ˜†
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Wow man boycotting your own award function๐Ÿคฃ
Girlabouttown thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Thank God for this..........
Zareena thumbnail
Anil hai na??๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

Toronto welcomes Anil Kapoor
By Guneet Wadera - Filmicafe.com, 16 January, 2011

Toronto welcomes Anil KapoorWith his fame, name and fortune reaching an international plateau and his career at an all-time high, the original man of Jhakaas, Lakhan of Ram and quiz master of Slumdog is all set to be setting foot in Toronto.

Kapoor who recently wrapped featured role in the acclaimed American television series, 24 and has an upcoming appearance in the fourth edition of the Tom Cruise action franchise, Mission Impossible is certainly fit to the T to be the featured face for Indian cinema.

He will be in town to launch the IIFA 2011 Celebrations in Toronto.

A welcoming party with a special performance by Shiamak's Indo Jazz Group is scheduled to be held today at 4p.m at Royal York, Toronto in the star's honour.

The gathering which will be open to public, is the perfect to start to a very Filmi 2011 for Toronto!  

Somii thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thank god ๐Ÿ˜†
who want to see them
tulsi003 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awwww:(.  I won't get to see Ash and Abhi. I think wizcraft broke ties with BIG B because he didn't attend the IIFA's last year. I just hate how Bollywood functions. All of them need to grow up and be more professional. I mean why would they make a working actor or even anybody in particular a brand ambassador of an awards ceremony?
Edited by tulsi003 - 13 years ago