Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CottonCandyy thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: mina569

What I mean big is by superstar like the Khans and Akshay. However, he was not even in top 10 actors and never saw him getting any awards despite acting so good. 

Because Khans' have reputation as the Romance King, an action star, a perfectionist, and Khiladi Kumar while Emran had tag of ‘serial kisser’ it made him popular with the younger people, but this became tiresome after a while and isn't really a label an Indian audience would want to fawn over much. His reputation as a serial kisser also distracted the audience from his acting abilities. 

When he had more time and prominence, he could have avoided taking on so many roles of the same kind in the Bhatt camp and instead would have sought out to be more varied. 

I believe he is reasonably well-liked, his decision to get typecast in similar roles is the major reason for drop in his star status.

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Everyone knew Emraan Hashmi because of the hit songs in his movies but his movies were considered sleazy because of the kissing scenes. Weirdly enough kissing scenes became normalized in movies after that so he did make it  in Bollywood just not in the traditional stardom way.

Edited by BubbleTea - 1 years ago
Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

1. Neither his movies nor his 'persona' was family-friendly, which is what worked in Bollywood up until very recently.

2. Depends on how you define 'big'. He isn't as big as the Khans, Hrithik etc. But he is pretty popular, everyone knows him and despite his not-so-family-friendly-image, he is well liked by everyone.

CottonCandyy thumbnail

Originally posted by: mina569

So he is basically the male version of Bipasha that sticked around with the Bhatt camp. 

No Bipasha became irrelevant when steamy scenes got pretty much mainstream but Emran is still in the picture , he could not became mega star like Khans because of serial kisser tag but definitely isn’t out of work like Bipasha. 

kayulover123 thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

He is liked by a lot of audience, but he got tagged into a genre. 

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Usually in erotica films audience doesn't care about the male lead because they're more interested in the actress doing the skin show. The fact that Emraan still managed to have a fanbase despite mostly doing these type of movies tells about his appeal. 

Other male actors also did similar films with Bhatt camp, Nobody succeeded like Emraan. 

noorsand thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

Emraan Hashmi created his own niche. Not everyone needs to be a Khan and become superstar. He did well in mid-2000s, his movies created craze among the audience. He is still getting roles, I would say he did better than his contemporaries such as Aftab. 

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Jaitreya23

Well he did pretty well for himself. He got many super hit songs.

His USP was kissing and doing adult scenes. It gets boring after a point.

More than him, wonder why Askhaye Khanna didn't do well.

I think same goes for Akshay Khanna. Some people can have talent but doesn't necessarily mean they would make it big. Akshay was talented but I never found him star material. You gotta have some X factor too. 

Edited by infinity101 - 1 years ago
Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

I think same goes for Akshay Khanna. Some people can have talent but doesn't necessarily mean they would make it big. Akshay was talented but I never found him star material. You gotta have some X factor too. 

Agreed but as a supporting cast, he could have done well. Say like two hero projects - Saif, Abhishek and others

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Action Alliance

Let’s wait and watch