Comparison with international versions

priya185 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

How do you think shark tank compares to international versions?

dragons den UK- much less dramatic 

https://fb.watch/aSxHz4Bqy5/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Have never seen the UK version but have heard of it. I'm primarily familiar with USA's version of Shark Tank after my brothers recommended me that I try it out. I felt the competition over pitching in a deal was more fun there with wittiness and sarcasm involved. 

Over here (Indian version), I felt there were some drawbacks to the show with typical ITV methods applied in all Indian reality shows ---

-sobbing stories (no need for it to included/elongated)

-way too much repetitive promotion of flipkart, upgrad, etc (flipkart promotion is annoying as hell)

-certain absurd deals coming out of nowhere (the latest ones with the silicone thing on glass to have no marks on glass and the one where 300+ flowers are grown). 

Edited by Myrah_2020 - 2 years ago
Khushi_Albeli thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Myrah_2020

Have never seen the UK version but have heard of it. I'm primarily familiar with USA's version of Shark Tank after my brothers recommended me that I try it out. I felt the competition over pitching in a deal was more fun there with wittiness and sarcasm involved. 

Over here (Indian version), I felt there were some drawbacks to the show with typical ITV methods applied in all Indian reality shows ---

-sobbing stories (no need for it to included/elongated)

-way too much repetitive promotion of flipkart, upgrad, etc (flipkart promotion is annoying as hell)

-certain absurd deals coming out of nowhere (the latest ones with the silicone thing on glass to have no marks on glass and the one where 300+ flowers are grown). 

yeah sobbing stories looks dramatic ...sony tv already have such reality show ..indian idol nd other dance show where ppl comes nd judge strt cry ...i dont think this sobbing stories works in business industry ...because judges are not artist like neha kakkar they r practical businessman.

i hate repetitive upgrad,acko nd flipkart promotions

Edited by Khushi_Albeli - 2 years ago
KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Khushi_Albeli

yeah sobbing stories looks dramatic ...sony tv already have such reality show ..indian idol nd other dance show where ppl comes nd judge strt cry ...i dont think this sobbing stories works in business industry ...because judges are not artist like neha kakkar they r practical businessman.

i hate repetitive upgrad,acko nd flipkart promotions

though this show was the first season, so probably will let it go...i wish itv learns to remove such scripted dramas....a short summary is enough ...no need to go OTT with the sobbing stories...

tbh, i'm glad they are ending it with 7 sharks back in the business because if this show was elongated further due to such tactics, viewers would get much bored....

yeah, there were certain things that went out of line but i feel this is also first for the investors to appear on itv show and take the equity at stake here...

Khushi_Albeli thumbnail

though this show was the first season, so probably will let it go...i wish itv learns to remove such scripted dramas....a short summary is enough ...no need to go OTT with the sobbing stories...

tbh, i'm glad they are ending it with 7 sharks back in the business because if this show was elongated further due to such tactics, viewers would get much bored....

yeah, there were certain things that went out of line but i feel this is also first for the investors to appear on itv show and take the equity at stake here...

they will bring new season next yr with new sharks ...because this season was huge successful.

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

they will bring new season next yr with new sharks ...because this season was huge successful.

i feel they should keep it finite like this...its much better than other reality shows airing out there..im glad it aired on sony instead of rangeela or zee tv or star plus because those channels are heavily TRP hungry...

Khushi_Albeli thumbnail

i feel they should keep it finite like this...its much better than other reality shows airing out there..im glad it aired on sony instead of rangeela or zee tv or star plus because those channels are heavily TRP hungry...

rangeela u means colors? 

actually sony tv pe they got KBC spot nd KBC audience ...ppl who watch KBC type serial were interested to watch shark tank ...im also fine with finite series...waise bhi sharks ke pass itna time nhi hai jo delhi se mumbai flight pakad ke aate rhe unhe business bhi toh sambhalna hai they r not actors.

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

rangeela u means colors? 

actually sony tv pe they got KBC spot nd KBC audience ...ppl who watch KBC type serial were interested to watch shark tank ...im also fine with finite series...waise bhi sharks ke pass itna time nhi hai jo delhi se mumbai flight pakad ke aate rhe unhe business bhi toh sambhalna hai they r not actors.

haan, its a way of mocking colors channel in a funny way ..a lot people call colors channel, rangeela lol😆

lol sahi baat h...unless they live in mumbai or have branches for business in mumbai, then thoda thoda smz ata h...but they definitely aren't idle enough for a second season unless determined otherwise lol...

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

another thing/issue is too much over use of bollywood songs...use shark tank themed songs...