Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DrFuture thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Sanjanas

This is a very positive post after today's hideous episode but I took sometime to cool off before writing this one and I really want to hear your thoughts too. A show is usually made to give out a message and/ or engage us into a script with complex human emotions. Most stories have a goal and if they don't, they don't preach to have one. 

Dhadkan the story was marketed as one of an idealist ( I don't want to say feminist as it can have negative connotations) who has personally endured a lot of hardships before reaching where she has today. She wasn't easily approved of anything hence she understands the value of each and everything she has!! She is shown to have few unarguable strengths and over time we recognize her flaws and weaknesses. This is what we as an audience are expecting going into prime time with a few tweaks of course but what we are served instead (after first few episodes) is a highly flawed, confused woman who has a high superiority complex and is in position of influence and isn't using her powers accurately. She is also misleading men (giving out wrong signals) and sporadically gives sermons to both of them which doesn't sync with her behavior 5 min ago or doesn't allow her to preach as she is committing a mistake of similar magnitude or worse. THIS is okay if that's what was promised to us. For example, Meredith, Derek, Christina in Grey's are noway perfect....but none of them acted as if they are, that's not how the medical drama was sold! They admit at various occasions that they are screwed up and that's why it was accepted...it stayed true to the plot. 

Anyone will be pissed if they were thinking they are gonna go watch an action thriller and it turns out to be a comedy. That's how night and day this story has become. Currently there is nothing strong about Deepika....she is morally wrong, she is a pathetic mentor and coming across as an ungrateful pupil as well!

I am holding no moral compass here....the EMA is actually the least of my concern. My issue is if someone really fought for something and if their life was dependent on it....they won't go near anything that can remotely diminish those years of struggle. Currently Deepika seems to have forgotten what all Vikrant made her endure (willingly or unwillingly). One weak moment from her could have snatched this dream away from her 10 years ago. Its coming across as extremely ungrateful to destiny and what it has done to gift you with its fortunes and let me reiterate.....I don't think this is relatable! If ever she marofies her "Sapna" dialogue I might just scoff....yes we change....but do we change to the extent that something which used to be our main driving force doesn't suit us anymore.....unless something drastic happens? The answer is no, we don't and if that drastic change is Vikrant now....then probably Deepika shouldn't have left Vikrant in the first place.

Yes. That's what's bugging me.

Purpose of the story would be defeated if Deepika forgets what's at her core. The heart wants what the heart wants. 

she hasn't let anyone in not even friends since Vikrant. maybe that's why she wants to hold on to him and never let go. Wouldn't want to see her getting hurt though. 

Let's see what happens.

Edited by DrFuture - 2 years ago
Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Veruthe

They should like this, this should happen like that! Are we really so ideal in real lives are all our decisions so practical detached logical? Or do we make emotional decisions, mistakes etc?

Why can't these group of flawed doctors make their mistakes and learn from them. Why can't someone even repeat our mistakes? Ye sab hi toh Hume insaan banate hai!

It's easy to sit and judge and analyse things but eventually we need to accept other people as other people and the reason of their choices their life experiences! And obviously the consequences of the mistakes will also happen!

But I really want to meet the idealistic people and their real lives kya perfectly logical no nonsense decisions liya hoga aap logone, kitne flawless zindaagi hogi aapki! I'm intrigued!

well said..

Ashviniv thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

My main problem is the show was touted as a woman's journey towards her dreams and how she fights against patriarchal heirarchy. They might still go there but now it has become more of a traingle and EMA rather than a woman's struggle to fight against workplace politics, misconceptions etc 

Plus I can't relate to this Deepika. The Deepika we were introduced was one who has fought against everyone for her dream. I mean imagine what mental strength she must have had to call off marriage just few days before to the person she was in relationship with. Imagine the emotional blackmailing,guilt tripping and scorn she must have received. And she now has become so gullible that she is ready to sacrifice everything she worked hard for or all her sacrifices she did for a man who is married and still more or less still toxic and manipulative. 

It would have been understandable to show her inner turmoil for few episodes. Now it has been dragged for too much imho and that's why it's getting to much to swallow

WhtsinAname thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Haal-e-Dil

Ye kya logic hai ki crime petrol jaisa cheaters ko support krna. 

There is a difference between twisted shows and straight forward drama. D isn't. A morally questionable character. She always came up as a great idol to which others can look up. Now she's washing everything in drain - her dad died and she lost her family, all this so that she can run back to her charsi gajeri villain ex? After a decade?!

I rest my case. 

This !!!!! This is what did it for me. Her father died and still didnt talk to her and she is running back into the arms of the d same person who was the reason behind it all. Its like it was all for nothing. 

She talks so much about ethics and she didnt report a drug addict who operated on patients in intoxicated state. That is crime against your profession and crime against your patients. This is not even a mistake. This is being accomplice to a crime.