Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JalebiJane thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

NOTE:

Sisters,

1. Just wanted to mention that my holidays are over (boo-hoo-hooo!) and I'm readjusting to my new schedule. I'm still writing daily but the episodes are shorter and may be delayed. 

2. I also wanted to let our Sisters in India know that you and your families are in my prayers. Our entire planet has been suffering for one year+---but the images and stories from India at this time are particularly heartbreaking. 

Love etc.

Maya

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnjuRish

I like the kiss and the fact that both felt the attraction 🥰

The dynamic btw Kirti and pallu also seems interesting ..more sibling like 🧐

Stay safe 😚💖

Yes, I think you are right. Perhaps Kirti can share things with Pallavi that she might be afraid to tell Amma. When she left the room she said, 'you've helped me instead'---maybe that also refers to something beyond the blood donation. 

SONIA441 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

So, I love how contradictory characters of Pallavi & Kirti are here wrt to the Tv in terms of control of their lives - 

"Kirti’s moist eyes lifted. “I can’t go against Amma’s wishes.”

Pallavi realized in that moment how very young Kirti was. Only four years younger than herself, but far younger in terms of autonomy. "

A fleeting kiss 😳 . So is it that Raghav's vulnerable cos of Amma's condition that he's distracted & couldn't really kiss her or is it the awkwardness that stops him? Whatever it is, now Pallavi'll definitely ponder over it in her sleep.

A suggestion if I may, I totally know how hectic Office gets - it's been the same for me😒 . So why not take time to update in 2 days rather than one. You'll be relaxed too & get more time too. There's no hurry, we all understand here. You have spoilt us by giving an update everyday 🤣 .

Ohh, so a lil more'bt Pallavi's past as an orphan. I think this is an opening to some connection with Mrs. Raje. Eagerly waiting 😉

hararnav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

The ring is the key to pallavis birth family.... wonder what mysteries lay behind 🤔

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: hararnav

The ring is the key to pallavis birth family.... wonder what mysteries lay behind 🤔

Yes, Sister---as you and some of our Sisters have mentioned---this story begins and ends with the ring :-)

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: SONIA441

So, I love how contradictory characters of Pallavi & Kirti are here wrt to the Tv in terms of control of their lives - 

"Kirti’s moist eyes lifted. “I can’t go against Amma’s wishes.”

Pallavi realized in that moment how very young Kirti was. Only four years younger than herself, but far younger in terms of autonomy. "

A fleeting kiss 😳 . So is it that Raghav's vulnerable cos of Amma's condition that he's distracted & couldn't really kiss her or is it the awkwardness that stops him? Whatever it is, now Pallavi'll definitely ponder over it in her sleep.

A suggestion if I may, I totally know how hectic Office gets - it's been the same for me😒 . So why not take time to update in 2 days rather than one. You'll be relaxed too & get more time too. There's no hurry, we all understand here. You have spoilt us by giving an update everyday 🤣 .

Ohh, so a lil more'bt Pallavi's past as an orphan. I think this is an opening to some connection with Mrs. Raje. Eagerly waiting 😉

Thank you, Sister, for your comment and suggestion.

My process and commitment to myself is to write daily and share it; whether it is on the Forum, to my writing group, or my website; whether it is 500 words or 2500 words. The daily aspect of moving the story forward is what keeps the story alive for me. But I do appreciate your suggestion---things do get busy but writing and sharing is the best part of my day.

Your observation regarding how different this Kirti is from the tv-show Kirti is SO significant. I'm glad you made the point. I wanted Kirti to be the innocent person caught between Amma and Raghav. I consciously made her younger to show that Amma's beliefs about Raghav have been inculcated in her. They are not her beliefs but what she has been raised to believe. When she forgets all that---Raghav is simply the wonderful brother she remembers whom deep down she misses and needs. Similar to the dynamics when a child is caught between warring parents.

Yes---smart cookie, you---keep an eye on the ring and on Mrs Raje ;-)

Foreversonam21 thumbnail

Hi

I love how your story is coming together, more so because your Pallavi knows her mind. It is so refreshing to see a heroine who accepts her desires and inclinations without being shamed by them. 

I'm also grateful for characters who are logical and brave. Thank you.

SONIA441 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: JalebiJane

Thank you, Sister, for your comment and suggestion.

My process and commitment to myself is to write daily and share it; whether it is on the Forum, to my writing group, or my website; whether it is 500 words or 2500 words. The daily aspect of moving the story forward is what keeps the story alive for me. But I do appreciate your suggestion---things do get busy but writing and sharing is the best part of my day.

Your observation regarding how different this Kirti is from the tv-show Kirti is SO significant. I'm glad you made the point. I wanted Kirti to be the innocent person caught between Amma and Raghav. I consciously made her younger to show that Amma's beliefs about Raghav have been inculcated in her. They are not her beliefs but what she has been raised to believe. When she forgets all that---Raghav is simply the wonderful brother she remembers whom deep down she misses and needs. Similar to the dynamics when a child is caught between warring parents.

Yes---smart cookie, you---keep an eye on the ring and on Mrs Raje ;-)

Wow! That's some great dedication on your part👏 . I understand what you mean by the daily aspect helps in moving the story forward. 

Now, let's see how the Ring helps Pallavi in finding her long-lost family😉

JalebiJane thumbnail

EPISODE 27

Farhad was a surprisingly fine conversationalist Pallavi discovered on the drive from Yashoda Hospital to Nampally Road. He even made a joke when she alighted from the car and thanked him for the lift. 

He said, “No need to thank me. We are cousins after all.”

Krishna was just accepting payment from a customer, and was at the front of the shop as Pallavi entered. 

“I just sold one of the uglies,” Krishna gave a chuckle once the customer left with the package.

Krishna and Pallavi had a shelf they had dubbed ‘the ugly shelf’—these were sarees they both found hideous—and consequently, they never showed them to customers. But once in a while, a curious customer would point to the offensive pile,  demand a peek, and fall in love with one of the uglies. 

The rule was that when one of the uglies left the shop, the girls celebrated its departure by treating themselves to falooda from a nearby ice cream parlour.

It was while consuming the falooda that Pallavi announced, “Raghav Rao kissed me.”

Krishna’s eyes widened. “For donating blood?”

“I think it was more than that,” Pallavi admitted.

“Did you enjoy it?”

Pallavi tilted her head to consider the kiss which had not been out of her mind for a moment since it happened. “It was brief.”

“Tongues were involved?” Krishna asked, audaciously.

Pallavi blushed, and exclaimed, “No!”

Krishna laughed, “I’m just trying to establish the full picture in my mind, Didi.” 

Pallavi sipped in silence, imagining how the moment might have appeared to someone observing them. Had there been someone outside the door? Is that why the kiss ended abruptly?

“The important question is,” Krishna was saying, “what happens next?” 

Pallavi reflected on the question. It was a very good question. What happens next? 

She turned to Krishna and replied, “Nothing. If we should meet again—we’ll both pretend it never happened, I suppose.” 

“Is that possible?”

“Why not? I can’t see why he should bring it up. And I certainly shan’t.”

Krishna stirred her falooda with energy. She said, “Whether it is ever mentioned between you two, neither of you can ignore what it has established.”

“Established?”

“That there is mutual attraction. That is now a fact,” Krishna said. “After this point, the hero and heroine must either move forward and make a declaration of interest—or back off, call it a mistake and agree to never speak of it again.”

“Hero? Heroine?” Pallavi frowned at the terminology.

“Of course,” said Krishna. “For that is what you are now. If this was a novel, you would eventually marry—but what happens after the first kiss will determine how many twists and turns there will be until you get to the shaadi.”

Marriage!

“Krishna!” Pallavi protested. “You’ve taken an idea and run wild with it. It was just a kiss.”

Krishna disagreed. “There is no such thing as just-a-kiss between an eligible man and woman.”

“I don’t want to marry him!” Pallavi insisted. “I never want to marry again. You know that. And even if—that is a big ‘if’!—I wanted to marry him—what would Aayi and Baba say? He’s a notorious gangster!” She paused and added, “Also, he’s a decade older than me. If he had wanted to marry he would have done so years ago.”

“What others think does not matter,” Krishna pointed out. “Even before you mentioned this kiss, I’ve sensed you were attracted to him—” and putting her palm up to prevent Pallavi from denying it, she added, “—attraction is normal. You are allowed to be physically drawn to him. He is strikingly handsome. And being a gangster, that only adds to his powerful bad-boy appeal.”

Pallavi savoured this description. Perhaps that was it. What was the point of denying that she had the healthy libido of a young woman? That would be as ridiculous as denying evolution.

It was not surprising that Krishna was on the same track as herself. She was saying, “When he said you dressed like an old maid—you didn’t like it because you know you are not that. You are young. You are alive. You have desires. And if you suppress them, then you will come to regret it.”

Though Aayi had not put it in the same language, Pallavi realized that that is what she had been saying for months. And perhaps that is why Baba had been offended by the idea of her remarrying. He did not want to see Pallavi as a sexual being. He wanted to see her as Mandhar’s eternally faithful widow and their selfless asexual daughter-in-law.

“Perhaps you are right,” Pallavi sighed.

Krishna asked, “About what?”

Finding it difficult to remain seated, Pallavi lifted from the dais, placed her glass on the desk, and stepped towards the front entrance. After a thoughtful moment, she whirled to face Krishna and said, “My decision to never marry again is connected to the disappointment and betrayal I experienced with Mandhar. And my attraction to Raghav Rao is my body telling me that to deny myself a full life as a woman because of one bad experience would be a colossal mistake.”

Krishna jumped up at her words. “I agree! Didi, I hoped you would come to this realization. What happens next?”

“I’ll speak to Aayi. I’ll tell her I’m ready for marriage.” 

“Before you speak to Mr Rao?” Krishna asked.

“Raghav Rao?” Pallavi questioned. “I can’t marry him. He’s entirely unsuitable. His only role here is that he has been instrumental in helping me realize that I don’t want to be alone. That I want to share my life with a man. But he is not that man.”

JalebiJane thumbnail

Originally posted by: Foreversonam21

Hi

I love how your story is coming together, more so because your Pallavi knows her mind. It is so refreshing to see a heroine who accepts her desires and inclinations without being shamed by them. 

I'm also grateful for characters who are logical and brave. Thank you.

Thank you, Sister.

I hope you will enjoy EPISODE 27 which I just posted. Do let me know . . .