Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Sorry guys, I didn't realise that the Sai part in previous part was too short. Reposting that part with the first part of the planned Sai-Virat chapter I had previously scrapped. 

Chapter 7: Titliyan

Sai hadn't been home for five years. She had missed belonging to a place. On most days, she felt like the wuthering winds, flying from one place to another yet never belonging. For the first time, Sai wanted to belong. As she slipped in and out of consciousness the weekend after what she would like to call an accident, she could hear faint chitter-chatter in her room. Her hazy gaze would often fall on a faint shadow in her room. She hadn't even dared to think it was Chavans or Virat. They were too peaceful for that. She occasionally winced in her sleep from the pain in her body and her wrist. Her winces would bring a figure she now recognised as Devi Tai closer to her as she held her to comfort her. Occasionally, she would feel the nurses or doctors bandage her wrist again. Sai could no longer keep track of days. But for the faintest moment, she felt home. In baby giggles, Shivani Bua's chitter-chatter, the small family that surrounded and occasionally the music Reyansh studied to. She would smile mentally unsure if her smile was expressed on her face as Purvi grumbled at Reyansh or as Reyansh chastised her yet again. Or when Purvi bawled her eyes and threw a tantrum when Reyansh held Devi Tai's baby. 

"Puvi, nai," Reyansh warned Purvi, "Sai ko tang mat karo. She's sleeping. Don't even think about stomping or jumping on the bed," 

Purvi had mischievously lifted her leg to stomp only to stop herself, lie down and snuggle next to Sai. She snuggled into Sai's arms, ignoring Reyansh's stern warnings, and eventually fell asleep there. 

~

Abba had always been the man in Sai's life. Sai didn't have a boyfriend, fiance or any other man in her life fit 18 years. While her friends dated, had affairs and moved in with men; Sai had dreamed of her Prince Charming. She had dreamed of a man her Abba would love and who would love her more than her Abba ever did. Maybe that's why she agreed to marry Virat Chavan. He had literally taken Abba's place in both the workplace and her life. So when Abba's money, life insurance and savings got transferred to Sai. Sai ignored her financial stability and remained dependent on Virat. Of course, he wasn't as bad as Baba was to Aai. Virat always made sure she had money on her, owned whatever she needed and was financially looked after. Maybe that's why Sai had grown to expect emotional support from Virat - love, affection, or any semblance of that sort. 

He was always kind to her. In the first year if their marriage, he would take her out, treat her to dinners, lunches and often take on dates to beach sides. And Sai began falling in love with him. She wanted all of him. She grew possessive of him. She mistook any but of affection as a sign of unrequited love. And time went she forgot the first thing he said to her: I'll never love you. I have someone I love. 

Sai hadn't expected the person he loved - his best friend - to be living in the same house as then. But she kept quiet. For she shared the room with him. Not Pakhi. He was here, wasn't he? Apparently, not. He kept his distance from her for a year. Never ever blurring the physical distance between. Their touches were platonic - as if formal - but always left her wanting for more. Sai had been an 18 year falling in love. She had been influenced by novels, TV shows and stories of those around her that she failed to differentiate between duty, love and infatuation. 

Then one night, he touched her intimately. And she didn't push him away. That had begun their physical intercourse. Sai always anticipated for words of love, comfort or affection. But they never came. A few times over, when the novelty had worn off, it had felt empty. The emptiness slowly replaced by the fear that what if he took someone else's name when in bed with her. Over the last year, that had been replaced by the feeling of being dirty - as if being used - and Sai could never push that feeling away. That was it wasn't it? To put it bluntly - she slept with him and he paid for her needs. Sai, however, never could convince herself to leave. Despite reminding herself over and over that their marriage was but a contract, Sai had been raised in a small town and as educated as she was Sai struggled to escape the mentality that she had to be with the man she lost her virginity to for the rest of her life. 

Sai didn't want to be a divorcee. She hated failures. And she didn't want the most important thing in her life to be a failure. So she started looking into annulment options rather obsessively. She didn't mind being tagged as someone of loose character but she didn't want to be tagged as a Chavan ex-bahu or Virat's ex-wife for the rest of her life. The mere mention of their name sickened her. 

Sai couldn't remember if it was Virat who pushed her or it was her. The days following the eventful fall were eye-opening for Sai. Meals at Chavan Niwas were no longer an option. Aai would initially wake up a bit earlier than usual and pack meals for Sai. That stopped after Bhawini Kaku yelled and taunted Aai for feeding the manus panaut. Sai had politely requested Aai to no longer prepare meals for her. She had started dipping into Abba's finances then slowly realising that she had no other means to turn to. Sai had been careful to not withdraw much. She started looking for part-time jobs on campus and started summing together all the money she had taken from Virat followed by a plan to pay him back. 

Virat hadn't been hers Sai had realised during the month after the fall. Heartbreak came slowly, almost bitterly, and it ripped her apart piece by piece. Her days that month were spent waiting for Virat. He would come back home, enter the room to freshen up and only return when he needed to sleep. He didn't touch her for a month - not as a friend, husband or lover. He barely spoke to her. 

Towards the end of that month, Sai had taken her first step in leaving the house and him. She had waiting for him to come home as usual. She had given him the receipt stating that she had deposited the two years of her fees to him. "It'll be transferred in a day or two," she had said to him. 

He had asked her about the money. She had ignored the question. It wasn't his business anymore. The next day, she told Aai that she had registered and finally got a room in the dormitory. She liked her flatmate Mira (one of her classmates) and would like to move to the dorm. She had told Aai that her exams were close and it was difficult to move with her fractured leg. 

That night Virat had hugged her as she stared at the moon from their balcony for the last time. Probably, he felt her slip away. She had been spooked by his sudden embrace. She had felt his lips on the nape of her neck. Her vision blurred. This was all she was to him. It had taken her whole being to push him away. 

"I have to get up early tomorrow. Plus I have packing left. And kal mujhe hostel bhi shift hona hai," she had said. 

"Hostel?" Virat had squinted as he pressed his forehead as if awaiting another fight or headache. 

"Maine Aai ko bataya ki main hostel shift hona chahti hoon. Aapko bhi bataya tha," 

"Mujhe? Mujhe kab bataya, Sai? And Aai? Aai ko kyun bata raha ho tum? Pati hoon mai tumhara!" 

"Maine Aai ko bataya hai. Aur waise bhi mein hostel se Shivani bua ye yahaan jaungi internship ke liye," she had continued as if ignoring his anger. 

She had watched him from the corner of her eye. He was mad, she knew. Enraged even. 

"Sai, tum kahi nahi jaa rahi ho," he had snarled at her. "Aur tum yeh saare decisions akele kab lene lagi? Yeh decisions saath liye jaate hai,"

Sai had ruffled the pillows as she prepared herself for an early night. 

"Wahi, toh main nahi manti, Virat sir," she had said to him. "Ki aap mere pati ho," 

Virat pressed the pressure points on his forehead trying his best to have a patient conversation with her. 

"Sai," he started. 

She instead had placed an extra cushion between the space in their bed. 

"Good night, Virat sir," she had said. Yet, instead of goodnight, it seemed like she had said her goodbyes. 

The next morning, her cheque had been encashed along with the notification that there was a payment option set up to his account and if he wanted to have it instead linked to another account. 

Virat didn't meet Sai the morning she moved out. Or any mornings after.

~

Sai felt someone periodically check her temperature, his hand often lingering a bit longer as he calmly massaged her scalp. She had shivered at his thumb rubbing accross her forehead. Sai gained consciousness a few hours later to Purvi who sprawled all over and clutched to her hospital gown. And Reyansh on a lounge chair a few feet away from her, studying as per his usual routine. 

He seemed calm, almost nonchalant, as he marked his books, took notes and watched a few videos to follow. 

And in that soft comforting lo-fi music, Purvi's soft snores and the occasional sound of scribblings accompanied by soft hums - Sai felt home as she drifted back to sleep. 

A/N Please do let me know how you like the story so far. Your comments are love! smiley27

Longer A/N below because it’s a long one. 

Edited by AraBearxo - 3 years ago
AraBearxo thumbnail

Author note

A little sneak peek coz I feel like this chapter was theek, but also coz I kind of like Reyansh as a person and this story is 100% going to be his and Sai’s. I just don’t know how to be fair with Virat. I think the major difference between Reyansh and Virat (here or the show) is that Rey is very supportive of Sai in a non-judgemental way. And he never brings up all that he has done for her (which is a lot). He also lets Sai grow as a person, tells her to fight for herself and is there to catch her when she falls. I believe for Sai as an only child and also her dad’s universe, that freedom is very important which she will never get with Virat or the Chavans and their burden of expectations, rules and confinement. I also like how Reyansh respects Sai (as a person). He is extremely patient with her, knows how to calm her down and would never ever raise his voice at her. Or allow anyone else to. And he does give her his space. I don’t know how he would claim it later. But as I said, he is very intriguing as a character who has basically raised himself and now his sister.

Answering Reyansh parents’ question before anyone asks coz I probably won’t be addressing this in the story (maybe). Reyansh has very laid back parents who stress on independence. They are very much a part of his and Purvi’s life and have always been. They have also raised their kids in the lap of luxury but with proper values. They let them make their own decisions and be accountable for them – even Purvi who basically packs a smol trolly bag and wants to follow her bhai everywhere. Their parents do dote on both of them, especially Purvi since she’s so little. They visit them often, and they visit their parents often, and everyone lives their own life but comes together as a family. A massive difference from the Chavan’s is the fact that Siddharta, Aastha and the whole Raichand-Agnihotri family are respectful of each other and obviously aren’t petty or jobless like the Chavan’s that terrorise family members for fun/drama. The Acharya family is a bit stricter, old school and archaic with rules and decorum but that’s along the lines to not fall in trouble and build their kids to have a more secure and successful future. But ofc, they’re understanding and liberal to an extent.

The being said, Virat is also someone who has been raised in a very different environment. He has had 4-5 years to develop as a character and emote in this story but hasn’t. He in a way in a tamer, shut off version of Ninad who places family over his wife. (Also, show Virat upset Aai! Why, Virat, why?) Honestly, for Virat, he is, to me, someone who is very confused about relationships. We also need to realise that his family is probably his only circle and they have the worst dynamics. Also, his Aai Baba have a terrible marriage based on duty and societal expectations. And that’s probably what marriage is to him – duty, responsibility, societal expectations.

Also, Reyansh does baby Purvi and calls her (Poovi/Puvi) so that isn’t a typo. Also, homeboy has a pastry chef at home for his baby sister (who does end up feeding all pastries so Sai) and just says that it’s his dad’s order (so that Purvi doesn’t live in a pastry shop) when asked (I doubt it).

Also, sneak peek to this scene where i) Purvi snuggles in Sai’s lap as she studies and sifts through her MnM’s to find her favourite flavours with the silent animates bletches and faces she learns from Sai (um, talk with Amey expressions) and then proceeds to do the "one for Sai Bai – one for Sayee” and feeds Sai her favourite flavours. ii) Also, Purvi always is little-miss-grumps with Reyansh and follows Sai around like a pup.

Purvi is also like the baby of Sai’s friend group. That’s probably why she appears a lot. She lives with Reyansh. They don’t live with their parents. Purvi basically followed Reyansh to India and is very attached to him.

Also, Reyansh has Sai's number saved as Sai Bai and calls her Sai Bai. I was a bit spooked when I realized that Bai is usually short for kaamwali bai on tv. But no. Bai is also what you call a baby girl or like a precious girl. It's like how Baba means a boy (small/baby boy, precious boy or an affectionate term for boy). Bai is the female of that in a platonic manner. smiley16 Apparently, it's also what they used to call royalty back in the day (adding Bai as a suffix). Too much trivia, no?smiley37

RatiPandey615 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Your style of writing is so good! And the whole concept of this story is so heart-wrenching! Really enjoying it! 

Absolutely love how this is going! 

Thank you for coming up with such a beautiful storyline ❤️

Sakmen thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Wow wow what an intriguing story it is!! 

Such amazing understanding of characters you have.. eagerly waiting for the next update..💜

Please post sooon and DON'T bank the chapters please

StarryStarryNyt thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

What a beautiful story. Want Sai to get better and her story with Reyansh to start. I also want Paakhi and Virat to get their dues and an investigation into the Chavan family.

XxSicMNDVSxX thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Woah! You posted because of me? 

I feel like a crazy fangirl 😌. Lol 🤗

I’m really so glad Sai has Shivani bua and Devi tai with her ❤️

According to the doc she was victim of domestic abuse? 😳

I’m liking this build up, I hope it’s not Virat who hit her, he seems confused. 

You are doing a great job with the layering of the story 😏

How I wish Virat was there to listen all that about Sai and Kamal sir. He should be guilt tripped. C’mon atleast try to win Sai back ? You won’t get her though 🤣 

Coz we have Rey ❤️ *Still wanna see ACP suffer*
Waiting for the entire story to unfold 💎

Love the way you write , waiting for your next update 😇

Loads of love 🤗

P.S - I can spam this thread the entire day for an update 😎

Edited by XxSicMNDVSxX - 3 years ago
rinku95 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Superb update 

I want to know how Sai and Rey bond grow 

Continue soon 

AraBearxo thumbnail
AraBearxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sakmen

The story is nice.. but I couldn't understand few things..

1. How much time has passed since she's living in the hostel?

2. Doesn't anybody,  virat, aai or anyone in her friends not know that she's pregnant?

3. Pakhi has already had a miscarriage na.. toh why are they taking so much care of her now😡 or she wasn't pregnant in the first place, and if she was toh bachcha kiska hai🥺

4. And when did sai attempt this induced miscarriage thing, the same day the chavans came for the function?

I'm sorry I read it in a hurry, could anyone please throw some light I might have missed some points.

P.S the plot is quite intriguing!

Hi! I think someone answered this before I could (much better than I ever could!). 😂

3. Samrat ka. (Off the record: Pakhi first lied about the pregnancy to Virat to get a reaction out of him. Then she actually consummated her marriage with Samrat and thought she was pregnant. But it was an ectopic or false pregnancy (I haven't decided yet 😂). Laad pyaar coz she was expecting a baby.) 

I hope that clarifies! ❤️ Thank you for reading 

AraBearxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Radiant_Eyes_

Interesting Updates 👍🏼

My heartbreaks for Sai 💔

Chavan’s take things for granted , Arghh!

So Pakhi was pregnant and feels bad for Virat knowing Sai might will leave for 2 years but why did she behave so badly with Sai before the fall ? Two faced ?

Aai still loves her but is weak to not stand up for her in open but love silently 

Virat is the one who seems to have taken Sai for granted the most - alot to atone for 

Omg ! Sai and her baby 🥺

Rey looks good guy - be the guardian angel for Sai pls ❤️

I actually want Sai to take up that 2 year program and leave the country 

Medical college is not easy plus this everyday family drama 😕

Pakhi? I think had always been attached / possessive of Virat. She wants him around her not caring if he's hers or not. She wants to be his #1. She probably felt like she was losing control over him. 

I want Aai to leave. 😭 I want everyone to leave. 😂 But Aai has gone through alot. Usually in old age, bad marriages settle down, but Aai and Ninad marriage seems to get worse by the day. 

I don't think think he has taken for granted. You take for granted the people that matter to you and whose value you are aware. Virat to me (here) is someone who hasn't really bothered with Sai. Maybe taken for granted in the sense that he never gave Sai much thought. And one can't blame him. It's always Sai vs his family. The poor guy comes home to hateful stories of his wife on a daily basis. And watches their discord daily. 

Thanks for liking the story and commenting. ❤️

Edited by AraBearxo - 3 years ago