Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maulik1992 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

It's amazing and mind chapter... sab ne milkar AR ki marriage ki date finalise kar di and it's day of  AR roka...

Sab log bet bhhi Laga rahe he .. it's lovely...

Thanks for short but sweet part...now update super soon...

tanvi_mitt thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Finally... I am so excited for the marriage :D

Awesome update as usual :)

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Previously On... 

AR's wedding date is finalized. 

Chapter 97

“Mom aur Dad ne bataya kya baat karni hai?” Riddhima asked Armaan as they both walked up to his house after another tiring day of work. Sadly, skipping work because you were up late the night before, celebrating the fact that you were going to get married in a few months was not done, or so Dr. Keerti ordered anyway.

The night before, after the date for the wedding had been fixed, the entire clan had celebrated and how. Billy had broken out the champagne and toasted to their new journey, and lots of hugs and congratulations had been passed around. The gang had started planning almost immediately, talking about everything from what they would wear to what the theme for every ceremony would be. 

After dinner and more wedding talks, Armaan & Riddhima had made a few calls to a few very important people. Bi, who had left earlier in the morning (she’d only flown in for the engagement and had had to go back ASAP because Rahim Chachu could only do so much at the cafe) had been the first on the list. She’d been extremely happy to know that Armaan & Riddhima were finally getting married and it was audible in every word she said. 

After Bi, they’d called Riddhima’s friends in London - Cole & Tessa, and the rest of the gang who was also at work then - and given them the good news, well in advance so that they could arrange for work leaves and flight schedules. Tessa had squealed the loudest and Cole had merely responded with an it’s about damn time making both Armman & Riddhima laugh. Nate got a little emotional as he had the propensity to do before the others were able to control him. Their other friends, Ray & Donna, who Armaan hadn’t met yet, also congratulated the couple and jokingly threatened Armaan with bodily harm if he ever hurt Riddhima. 

The next call had been to Armaan’s therapist, Emma, and the three of them spent a long time catching up before Riddhima finally broke the news to her. Emma, uncharacteristically, got really emotional on hearing the news and squealed loudly, making Armaan laugh. After lots of shouting and screaming, she finally contained herself enough to congratulate the couple and promise them that she would not miss the wedding for anything in the world.

It made both Armaan & Riddhima so happy to see everyone so very ecstatic about the news. They'd been through so much together, and all these wonderful people had helped them overcome everything that happened. Now, as they started preparing for their new journey, both of them felt it was important that these people be a part of it, at every step of the way and seeing them so enthusiastic and joyous and happy made it so much better. 

"Nahi bataya," Armaan replied to Riddhima's question. "Billy was saying ki surprise hai. But… God knows kaisa surprise hai."

"Armaan!" Riddhima reprimanded, looping her arm through his. "Stop it! I'm sure kuch achcha hi hoga. Tumhe pata haina mom aur dad dono kitne excited hain?"

"Hmmmm," Armaan mumbled in reply, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. 

"Tum please zyada overreact mat karna. Ek baar unhe bolne dena before jumping to conclusions," Riddhima instructed Armaan as they stood outside the house, waiting for the door to open. 

"Yeah, yeah," Armaan mumbled. 

"Riddhima!!" Ananya exclaimed, the second she opened the door, and pulled Riddhima in for a hug. "Ahhh! I've missed you, beta!"

"Mom… Aap usse kal raat ko hi mili thi," Armaan replied, rolling his eyes. 

"Shut up, Armaan!" Both Riddhima & Ananya replied in unison. They looked at each other and then cracked up. 

"Riddhi!!" Billy cried, when they were in the living room, pulling her into a tight hug as well. "Tujhe kitna miss kiya!"

"Haan, haan. Sabne toh bas Riddhima ko hi miss kiya. Meri toh iss ghar mein koi value hi nahi rahi ab," Armaan sulked. 

"Of course! Finally tujhe samajh aa hi gaya!" Billy crowed. "Main toh kabse tujhe yehi samjhaane ki koshish kar raha hu lekin tujhe kuch samajh hi nahi aata!"

"Dad!!" Riddhima reprimanded. "Kyu usse tang kar rahe hain?"

"Haan, Billy. Tum Riddhima ke mangetar ki uske saamne itni insult karoge toh usse kaise achcha lagega?" Ananya teased, making both Armaan and Riddhima go red. 

"Mom!!" Riddhima whined. 

"Awwwww," Ananya cooed. "You're so cute!" She said, pulling Riddhima's cheeks. 

"Agar aap logon ka ho gaya ho toh khana kha lein? Mujhe bohot bhook lagi hai!" Armaan intervened, knowing that these silly little talks between his parents and Riddhima could go on forever. 

"Haan, haan. Chalo," Ananya agreed. 

The four of them shared a hearty meal, laughing and joking the entire time. With Armaan & Billy around to narrate anecdotes and stories, there was not a single moment that passed by silently, and by the time dinner was done, Riddhima & Ananya were in splits, laughing so hard they had to hold their stomachs. 

"Okay, okay!" Ananya shouted. "Aaj ke liye itna hi kaafi hai. Ab mujh mein aur capacity nahi hai hasne ki."

"Mujh mein bhi," Riddhima agreed. 

Armaan & Billy looked at each other and then shrugged. It was their loss anyway. 

"Dad… Aapne aaj itna urgently mujhe yahaan kyu bulaya?" Riddhima asked. 

"Aahhh," Billy replied. "Seedhe mudde ki baat pe, haan?"

"Dad!" Riddhima scolded. "Bataiye na? Sab theek haina… Nothing serious, right?"

"Serious toh hai…" Ananya said, but looking at the sudden worry clouding Riddhima, hastened to add, "but tension ki koi baat nahi hai. Everything is perfect."

"Oh!" Riddhima breathed a sigh of relief. "Okay."

"Bas ek minute mein aaya," Billy told them, quickly walking out of the hall. 

"Mom… Seriously… Sab theek haina?" Armaan asked, worried. 

"Of course, Armaan. Sab kuch theek hai. In fact… Theek se zyada. Sab kuch perfect hai. I promise," Ananya replied, trying to alleviate his fears. 

He still looked unconvinced. Seeing this, Riddhima took his hand in hers and threaded their fingers together, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze, reminding him that she was there with him, no matter what. Armaan looked at her and smiled, thanking her. 

Ananya looked at the exchange intently, even though she did feel like a voyeur for intruding on such a private moment, but the sheer purity in her son's relationship with his fiancee was something she adored. No, more than adored. She all but revered it. She couldn't have been happier that Armaan found someone so perfect. 

"I'm here!" Billy announced, breaking the silence of the moment, and pulling the trio out of their trance. 

He took a seat next to Ananya, in front of Armaan & Riddhima, and slid an envelope their way. 

"Dad, yeh kya hai?" Armaan asked. 

"Bas… mere aur Annie ki taraf se tum dono ke liye ek present hai," Billy answered. 

"Present?" Riddhima questioned. "Kyu?"

"Ab tum dono ki shaadi fix ho gayi hai! Iss khushi mein ek present toh banta haina?" Ananya replied. 

"But, Mom… iski kya zaroorat thi? Humein kuch nahi chahiye," Riddhima told them. 

"Haan. Riddhima theek keh rahi hai," Armaan seconded. 

"Tum dono abhi itne bhi bade nahi hue ho ki apne parents ke tohfe ko manaa kar do. Lena toh tumhe padega," Billy asserted. 

"Dad…" Riddhima tried again, but Ananya cut her off. "No! Hum dono kuch nahi sunenge. Lena toh padega."

"Kamse kam kholke dekh toh lo!" Billy said. "Jabse bas nahi chahiye karte jaa rahe ho. Pata bhi hai kya hai?"

Sighing, Riddhima opened the envelope and emptied its contents. 

"Daaaaad? Kya kiya aapne?" Riddhima asked him, looking at all the brochures and pamphlets. 

Armaan took some of them from her and read them, and then looked at his parents, absolutely gobsmacked. 

"Aap… aap humein ghar gift karna chaahte hain?" He asked, completely stumped. 

Billy & Ananya nodded happily. "Haan!" They exclaimed in unison. 

"What? But kyu?" Armaan asked. 

"Tu… tu shaadi ke baad meri Riddhi ko apne iss sade se bachelor pad mein laayega?" Billy asked bluntly. 

"Dad! I like this house," Riddhima replied. 

"Tujhe achcha lagta hoga… but come on, Riddhima! Yeh koi newly married couple ke rehne ki jagah toh kisi bhi angle se nahi lagti! Gym lagta hai gym!" Billy said, gesturing to the few dumbells that were lying on the floor of the living room. 

Riddhima laughed at that. "Dad!!"

"It's true!" Billy exclaimed. "Mujhe yeh bilkul manzoor nahi hai ki tu shaadi ke baad aise ghar mein rahe."

"Dad…" Armaan tried once more, only to be shut down again. 

"Armaan! Shut up! Iss baat pe koi discussion nahi hogi. This is final," Ananya stated. 

"Mom… aap meri baat sunengi na? Please?" Riddhima asked. 

"Riddhiiiii," Ananya sulked. 

"No way, Annie! Tum iski baaton mein bilkul mat aana. Woh bas lambi chaudi baatein karke tumhe divert karne ki koshish karegi," Billy cut in. 

"Please? Just once?" Riddhima pressed. "Pretty please!"

"Fine! Bolo," Ananya gave in. 

"Thank you!" Riddhima cried, giving her a hug. 

She stood up from her seat and extended a hand to Ananya. "Chaliye," she said. Ananya took her hand and got up too, both of them walking inside the house into Armaan's room and shutting the door behind them. 

Once inside, Ananya took a seat on the bed while Riddhima stood near the window, gazing out. Sensing that Riddhima needed some time to speak her thoughts out loud, Ananya started making idle talk to fill the silence. 

"Pata hai… Ghar chaahe jaisa bhi ho… Armaan ka room? This is perfect," Ananya said, looking around and gesturing to all of Riddhima's photographs up on the wall. 

"I know," Riddhima agreed. "Aur aap aur Dad yeh chaahte ho… Ki main yeh ghar chodke kahin aur chali jaun."

"Riddhi," Ananya started. 

"No, Mom. Aap aur Dad jo bolna chaahte the aap dono ne bol diya. Ab meri baari," Riddhima replied. 

"Main… Main jaanti hu… I know ki yeh ghar perfect nahi hai. Yeh bhi sach hai ki yeh kisi bachelor pad ki tarah hi lagta hai. Yeh bhi sach hai ki main apni saari life iss ghar mein nahi bitaana chaahti. Lekin… Yeh waqt? Abhi? Abhi main yahin rehna chaahti hu, Mom. Iss ghar se meri aur Armaan ki bohot yaadein judi hai. Main… Main unhe itni jaldi chodkar nahi jaana chaahti," Riddhima said. "Main jaanti hu ki naye ghar mein bohot nayi yaadein banengi. Magar… Magar yahaan ka kya? Iss ghar ka kya?

Aap jaanti hain… Jab bhi maine Armaan ke saath rehne ke baare mein socha hai… Maine hamesha iss ghar ko imagine kiya hai. Maine yeh socha hai ki main iss kamre mein rahungi, iss bed pe soungi… Iss ghar ke kitchen mein khana banaungi. Maine kabhi koi air jagah imagine hi nahi ki."

"Riddhima…" Ananya sighed. 

"I know," Riddhima replied. "Bohot emotional ho rahi hu na? But aap toh jaante ho ki main aisi hi hu. Hamesha se."

Ananya opened her arms and Riddhima ran into them, hugging Ananya tight. 

"Aap zyada tension mat lijiye," Riddhima replied. "Main yahaan aane wali hu toh Armaan renovations ke liye maan hi jaayega. Aur… Hum hamesha yahaan nahi rahenge. Armaan ne mujhe promise kiya hai ki woh mujhe mera dream house dega. Aur… woh toh main usse lekar hi rahungi."

"Toh… Tu mujhe bata na… kaisa ghar chahiye tujhe? Main aur Billy waisa ghar le lenge tum dono ke liye," Ananya proposed immediately. 

"Mom!" Riddhima laughed. "Nahi. Please. Main… Main aur Armaan… hum dono yehi chaahte hain ki woh ghar… Humaara ho. Jo humne banaya ho. Bina kisi ki help ke, apni mehnat se."

"Ab main kisi ho gayi?" Ananya asked. 

"Mom! Aisi baat nahi hai!! Aap jaante ho," Riddhima answered. "You know that's not what I meant."

"I know," Ananya replied. "And I understand tu kya kehna chaahti hai. Agar tu aur Armaan dono yehi chaahte ho… Well, main tum dono ke pressurize nahi karungi. Aur Billy ko manane ki koshish karungi. Abhi woh thoda gussa hoga, but maan jaayega, I know."

"Really?!?!" Riddhima exclaimed. "Thank you, Mom! You're the best!! I love you!!"

"I love you, too," Ananya said. 

"But…" She added. "Main yeh sab sirf ek shart pe karungi."

"Kya?" Riddhima asked eagerly. 

"Iss ghar mein sab kuch renovate hoga. Everything. Aur poora kharch main aur Billy denge," Ananya declared. 

"Mom!" Riddhima cried. 

"No, Riddhima. Iss baat mein main bilkul compromise nahi karungi. Maine tumhaari baat maani aur naye ghar ki zidd nahi kar rahi… Toh tumhe bhi meri baat maan'ni padegi," Ananya stated. 

"But… Kyu?" Riddhima asked petulantly. 

"Riddhiii. Teri aur Armaan ki shaadi hone wali hai. Tujhe pata bhi hai iss baat se main aur Billy kitne zyada khush hain? Tu… tune hum dono ko sab kuch diya hai. Humein ek doosre se waapas milwaya, humein humaara beta diya. Tu… Tu nahi hoti toh aaj iss family mein itni khushiyaan kabhi nahi hoti. Yeh… yeh family hi nahi hoti. Hum toh bas 3 relatives the. Humein family banaya tune. Aur ab… Jab tu bhi officially iss family ka hissa ban'ne waali hai… Tu chaahti hai ki hum yeh khushi celebrate bhi na karein?" Ananya asked. 

"Mom," Riddhima whispered, her throat tight. 

"It's true, Riddhima," Ananya told her. "Tu ab Mallik ban'ne waali hai. Aur Mallik family mein tera welcome… Tera welcome itna grand hoga jitna kabhi kisika kisi family mein nahi hua ho. Please. Meri baat maan le."

"Okay," Riddhima answered. "Aap aise bologe toh main manaa kaise karungi?"

"Great!!" Ananya exclaimed. "So, it's final!"

"It is," Riddhima agreed. 

Ananya grinned and pulled Riddhima in for a tight hug. A few minutes later, they pulled back and then made their way out of the room. 

"Riddhi ne tujhe convince kar liya na?" Billy asked the second they came back out. 

"Billy," Ananya tried to explain. 

"I knew it. I knew yeh tujhe manaa legi. Isliye main keh raha tha iski baat mat sun'na," Billy sulked. 

"Dad!! Please. Aap meri itni si baat nahi maan sakte kya? Aur waise bhi… Mom ne kaha hai ki hum agar naya ghar nahi lenge toh humein yeh ghar poora renovate karana padega. Toh hi woh maanengi," Riddhima told him.

"Really?" Billy asked. 

"Really," Riddhima affirmed. 

"So, no more bachelor pad?" Billy confirmed. 

"No more bachelor pad," Riddhima agreed. 

"Promise?" Billy asked again. 

"Pakka wala promise," Riddhima told him. 

Billy sighed. "Jab tum sabne sab decide kar hi liya hai toh main kya kar sakta hu?" 

"Yay!! I love you, Dad!" Riddhima exclaimed, hugging him. 

"I love you, too," Billy replied. 

"Not bad, Basket," Armaan told her a few minutes later, as the two of them goofed around with Billy and Ananya for a while before they left for the airport. "Mom aur Dad dono ko convince kar liya tumne."

"I know I'm awesome," Riddhima replied. 

Armaan just shot her a dirty look that made her laugh. She leaned up and planted a quick kiss on his cheek, making him smile. 

"Yeah, yeah, you're awesome," he agreed, making her laugh even more. 

"You're so easy, Mallik," she teased. 

"Only for you," Armaan countered. 

Riddhima blushed and looked away, resting her head on Armaan's shoulder so he wouldn't be able to turn her around to look at him. Armaan chuckled and draped an arm around her shoulder, pulling her in closer and resting his own head on top of hers after placing a quick kiss on it.

Ananya looked at the young couple talk softly with wide smiles on their faces and smiled. As Armaan randomly pointed out to things in the house, probably telling Riddhima what needed to be changed, she was assured that she'd made the right decision. This house was really important to both Armaan & Riddhima and it deserved to be their home, even if for a little while. 

----------

Hey guys!! Updating from my phone so, please forgive any formatting errors. Iss manhoos wifi ko bhi aaj hi kharab hona tha!! 🙄

ANYWAY. This is a special day! It's been exactly 5 years since I started posting this FF here on IF. Wow. 5 whole years. When you see it like that it's pretty shite that I've not even written 100 chapters in this duration. So, I apologize for that. 

Thank you for sticking with me and this story for so long despite the continuous disappointment when it comes to updates. I really appreciate it. 

I've met some of the most amazing people in my life through this story and for that I'll forever be grateful. Thank you, you guys. You know who y'all are. ❤

Special shout-out to my fave Pakooooo, who shares a birthday with this story that makes this even more special. This story is what it is in a large part due to you. Thank you for everything you do. I love you. I miss you. I hope you're doing okay, and I hope we can talk again soon. Happy Birthday, Paki. Our baby is 5 years old today. I'm so happy and proud and emotional. 🤧

So, yeah. Hope y'all like the chapter!! Happy Birthday ILYLTF. ❤

pari0706 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Absolutely love the bonding between Riddhima and the Malliks 

Batul22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

U know what... annie and billy have srsly set up an epitome of in laws. I feel sab ko aise hi hona chaiyeh 

ridzi is so lucky to have them 

saniyapatel thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Awesome update...

Riddhima ki Ananya n Billy k saath bonding dekhkr lgta hi nahi ki vo unki to be daughter in law hai...Shayad is lie nahi lagta kyun ki first meet se hi Ananya n Billy ne use apni bahu nahi beti maan liya hai...

Riddhima ki Armaan k ghr ko lekr  emotions,feelings uski attachment obvious hai...Bhale hi vo jagah ek couple k rehne k hisaab se na ho lekin usi ghr se Armaan Riddhima ki bahot si memories joodi hui hai...

Aur yahi baat Riddhima ne Ananya ko smjayee...And am glad Ananya maan gayee aur Billy ko bhi mana liya..

Thanks for the pm...Loved n enjoyed the part very very much bt missing AR moments please ek koi update full of AR ka likhna...

And Happy Birthday To ILYLTF...

Prizi thumbnail

Awesome update prags 

Love love love how ridhima convised ananya...arree itne accha ghar toh hai kyun change karna hai... Spcly armaan's bathroom   Inn badde logon ka yehi problem hai..  Badde log baddi baatein in kajol's style 😉

Edited by Prizi - 4 years ago
NishitaRahman thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

wow mindblowing part.part ki liye bohot sukriya.love the part.ananya,billy ka jo bonding hai ridzy ke sath just adorable.ani r billy ridzy ko bahu nahi apni beti ka tara manta hai.love AR moment.love AR.beautiful story.totally love it.eagerly waiting for next part❤️😍😘.Happy birthday.Thanks for pm.

Bananahammock thumbnail

Congratulations on five years!

I'm not a very big AR fan; I like the group dynamics. So I have to admit I looked over the chapter very quickly. But I am glad to know they'll have a home of their own. Loving the relationship between Billy/Ananya/Riddhima.

Thanks for the update,

Payal

Edited to add: unsure if it's on purpose, but this thread has been classified as "Mature Content" and posts are unable to be seen unless logged in. Wasn't sure if you were aware.

Edited by Bananahammock - 4 years ago
maulik1992 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

It's small but awesome , Love the bonding of Ridhima with Billy and ananya... love it.. And please now update super soon...