Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dimpsptl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Awesome update...cant wait to read the next chapter..

coolie001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: isoleucine

Loving to see quirky and confident khusi plz pm me

Sure, πŸ˜Š
coolie001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SWATHYKC123

read all 5 chapters together... waiting for next chapters. Want to know shyam's part in this story. 

Thanks πŸ˜Š
coolie001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dimpsptl

Awesome update...cant wait to read the next chapter..

Thanks...😊
coolie001 thumbnail

Thanks
coolie001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: hararnav

Pls add me in pm list... 

Yes😊
labi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: coolie001

Wow, labi!

I am really really really glad, you expressed your view. 
πŸ˜† I am also ashamed that the 5B chapter is smaller than your comment. 

Oh, I love you dear, for this comment. 

Thanks a ton!πŸ˜‰

All your comments are the energy meters to bring out the best through my writings.

I hope I won't disappoint you through the journey. 

⭐️ for your comment
❀️

@ bold, Don't embarrass me by saying like that.πŸ˜³πŸ˜†  My comment was for all the chapters you wrote so far...so naturally it was ought to be this big. Hain Na?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³πŸ˜† Kya Karu...I am like that. I always write essay comments as if I am participating in an essay competition.πŸ˜†

You are always welcome and thank you so much for replying back and giving me a star.πŸ˜ƒ
I am so happy.πŸ€—
WanieA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hi. Thanks for sharing ur story. Pls include me in also. Interesting n intriguing storyline. 
coolie001 thumbnail

Banner Credit: dv19❀️

6. Evening skies & Eventful banters

He sat in the back seat, and took a deep breath. He felt like his heart tugged and pulled him closer to her. If only there was a gentlemanly way to tell her that he wants to spend some time with her. Maybe he could hang out in the garden and talk to her about the plants all day. The vibrant lilies, Viburnum, Tuberose stood along, and sent the wave of fragrances when the wind blew. On the brighter side, there was dinner. At first, he was stunned, as if she heard his mind. He wondered if she read his mind.

He never felt this way before. Nor did he think he would, in his wildest of dreams. He sighed. Well, it was going to be a long day. He needs to clear his thoughts, for now at least. He wants WORK. Yes! He looked at his phone that Swaminathan brought along with him. He looked at the recent call list and found her number. He quickly saved her number. He couldn't help but smirk as he recollected her calling him hot. Well, technically not him. Should he have said something about himself? No, that would be uncomfortable. He pushed that thought backseat.

Work. Right, he juggled through his phone and ringed up Ranjan. He called in for an immediate meeting. Well, he needs to find a way to solve the issue. After almost three hours, he was sitting in the hall, with Ranjan and a panic-struck manager, Shekar. It was two years back that an important project overseas took up budget, and there was a little less percentage hike for the employees. Eventually, he arranged a way out and managed to give a rise. Although initially happy, the workers union started protesting saying that they were at loss. A strong leader was now leading the union and he was hell bent to file a case against the company.

"What's their point? I mean the company has given rises, covering insurance all the while giving benefits but how does that count to losses?"

"They claim that they invested in shares as part owners, and now they expect returns," Shekar spoke.

"Absurd," Arnav sighed. There is something missing in the equation. "Who are involved in the process?" Arnav questioned and both Ranjan and Shekhar exchanged a look, a silent convey of how least involved the higher management is in the company's basic operations.

"You meant who are on the team," Shekhar spoke just to be sure.

Arnav cleared his throat, thoughts wearing him down, "No, not the team," he personally checks through the profiles before appointing any team, that makes him comfortable. "Other than the team, who all are involved, the union leader, employees, everyone who are tagged, I need all their biography," Shekhar nodded. "Also, arrange a meeting with the team, tomorrow at 6 AM sharp," he added. Shekhar was about to say that it was too early, and it would be an issue for the ones coming all along from Ooty, however, he decided otherwise, in front was not just his boss, but boss's boss's boss. Wait his boss.

After he dismissed them, he sat there for quite a long time, wondering, what was it that could make his thoughts clear. That's when he felt a fresh jolt of fragrances hit his nose and he looked up to see Swaminathan walked through the front doors and there was nice wind that blew. He still couldn't figure out what was that smell that caught his mind so strong ever since he has come. Few minutes later, he was called for lunch. He asked for a lunch inside his room. After the morning awkwardness, he felt a tad bit uncomfortable and he really want to relax. His plate was filled with three sabzis, dal, rice, roti and sweets. He sighed. Oh, he is going to be a fat man before he left.

He finished his lunch with delight, and was catching up with work, when he recalled her. He picked his phone and kept looking at her number, wondering if he can just call her and come up with some reason, like he forgot his wallet, key, whatever. That's obsolete now. He threw his phone away and took a deep breath. Concentrate. He chided.  

The sun lit across the little canopy of eucalyptus and high conifers, the silent zephyr tickling the leaves, bringing in the fresh jolt of evening hue. Khushi walked to her little haven, the garden that she so carefully nurtured. She sat on one side of the step facing outside, watching her money plant, it crept across the doorway making it look so surreal. She noticed that the creeper kept winding unevenly. Pruning work another day, she tossed the thought back for now.

She looked at the Frangipani that was right next to her. Greatly mystical the bloom looked. Closely observing it, she recollected her mom telling her. When she was a kid, her mom taught her gardening and she always asked her to observe each plant, talk to them, feel their presence. Khushi smiled as she recalled her mom's exact words till date, "Beta, it isn't just sunlight, water or soil that makes a plant grow, utmost is love. Once you add that last element while nurturing, then you can feel the presence and radiation."

Little did she know then, but as she grew, she understood. Looking at this Frangipani, she realized how meditative and beautiful it is. The petals on the outer edge had a tinge of pink, slowly shading inwards to white, and then a sudden burst of yellow and everything focused to dark black dot as if escaping it into vacuity. It resembled life, its journey, and death. The pink represented the birth, and the yellow and white, the joys and mundane life, and finally the dark death hole to be seen by everyone but an unknown path to all. Her thoughts were intruded by the sudden noise.

"Looks like someone is copulating that little flower," she turned to look at NK. She shook her head, he has got weird ways to spoil the bubble.

"What is his highness doing here anyway? Are you not supposed to be at the art gallery?" Khushi asked as she moved aside to give him space to sit.

"Courtesy. You couldn't be anymore welcome. Can you?" he said pretending sad.

"What else can you expect when you state your entry with copulation," she countered. He chuckled. He pushed his packet of chips to her and she pushed one inside her mouth.

"I needed a break. The Winterigma is sucking the life out of me" he said.

The Winterigma is an art gallery that they are holding up next month. They were presenting abstract art and theme was hills in the winter. NK is a Gallery Executive in Albacete, Spain. He is currently working with his team to build in more talent to the small hills to inspire them. He got familiar with the place because of Khushi and he had thought why not. Most of the times he was in Coimbatore, but the artists were located across the region, and the gallery was in the woods nearby, to get the real feel of it, so he moves along.

"So, what's up with Gupta. Ain't he bored with so much drama already? That he needs to go ahead and set up so called "fire-dinner I mean I am amazed how he doesn't get rest," NK finished fishing the last of the chips and stuffing them in his mouth.

"Eww, eat that and speak. Bukkad," Khushi scrunched her face.

"Well, I skipped my breakfast and I am way past my lunchtime," he pouted at her. As if on cue, she got up and walked inside to heat his lunch. She always made sure she cooked a little more, just in case, someone comes. Most of the times, her theory succeeds, all thanks to NK.

NK cleared the table and sat by her. "So, what's new?"

"Arnav," she said as she replayed the morning events.

"Who?" NK looked confused at what he heard. Did she say Arnav?

"I...I invited him to dinner tomorrow, met him in the morning," she said and looked at NK's eyebrows shoot high up.

"Whoa! Easy, tiger. You met someone in the morning and you asked him out to a dinner?" he smirked.

"Nu-huh!" she said as heat rose through her cheeks and ears. "Listen," she mocked.

She narrated the events of the morning and waited for his reply. After gasping and then digesting the information, all he says is "You. Are. Smitten."

"No,"

"Yes,"

"NO,"

"Yes,"

"Nooo,"

"Yesss and shut up, your face speaks better than your mouth," he said.

"Well, I am not even sure if he is engaged or married although there wasn't any engagement ring," she blurted before she could stop. NK broke in fits of laughter.

"Listen. Will you?" she groaned in frustration. He wasn't helping her.

"Look, Khushi. We can investigate at the dinner," he said and added "He needs my approval too" for which she gently smacked his hand.

"It's been ages since I saw you blush," he said "not the times when you read those rom-coms or whatever," he teased her.

"Shut up! You need to be intelligible to understand the essence of any story," she pointed.

"Yeah, right," he said. "I'm making some chai. Do you want to some?" he got up as she agreed to it and sat there wondering if she was really smitten. No, that would be a little too much. Understanding is important. She countered herself.

A little more teasing over the chai and the banter pulled the daylight away.

She got up with the *ting* in her phone. She usually kept her mobile at an arm's distance but since no practice, she fell asleep watching Netflix. She opened one eye in her still sleepy state and looked at the name, Arnav. For a second, she thought she was dreaming but soon she sat upright on the bed. She opened the message and saw "Good morning, I forgot to ask you the address for the dinner She realized she was smiling much later, involuntarily.

Khushi: Well it is close from here, but if you don't mind, I can take you there

She wondered if it sounded any desperate but now that it was sent, she eagerly waited for the reply.

Arnav: Sounds good.

Khushi sighed in relief.

Khushi: See you at 6 then, bye

Khushi paced the length and breadth of the house, wondering what she has to wear. She was someone who never bothered to be all dolled up. She was pretty comfortable in her skin. After a marathon of marching, she decided to just put on her jeans and shirt with a pullover. So much for thinking, she thought.

When her phone rang in the evening, she picked up on the next ring itself.

"HEY," she shrieked into the phone.

"...aaa... Hi," she heard his surprised tone. She kicked herself mentally. Relax. She kept chanting in her mind.

"Khushi, I am outside," he said as calm as water and not to seem startled at her voice.

"I'll be right outside," she said as she corrected her tone and calmed herself up.

She walked outside and saw him standing in his jeans and a white shirt casually folded at his wrists. Oh, heavens! She thought as she felt the familiar heat rise up, itching her facial muscles.

Arnav felt his breath hitch when he looked at her. She was so simply dressed yet looked magnificent. It was her eyes, that had a sparkle in them and her loose hair blanketing around her making her look so beautiful. Most importantly her face had this affectionate warm welcome that he felt grateful of.

His meeting was uneventful in the morning. He just met the team and tried to discuss the whole situation through everyone's perspective individually just so to see if he can connect any dot. But nothing of that sorts happened. Nevertheless, he was looking forward to meeting her. That kept his mind calm, he had a hard time holding his excitement to see her again. In the morning he was more than happy to come up with the reason to text her.

He watched her pick her motorbike as she came to him and he was startled. She doesn't expect him to follow her in the car while she drove. Does she? He wondered. But he was shocked when he heard "Hop on! she said as she looked at him expectantly.

Arnav stood startled trying to comprehend the whole situation. 

PS: Phew!!! How was it? Do let me know! Your views mean a lot to me! 

Also, I sent the PMs and let me know if I have missed anyone or if you want to be added to the PM list  πŸ˜ƒ

Previous

Next

Edited by coolie001 - 5 years ago
coolie001 thumbnail

Originally posted by: isoleucine

Fantastic loved  it 😊😊

ThanksπŸ˜ƒ