Happy Birthday Sassie - Through the eyes of love - Epilogue - page 2

B-onesie thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Even though you hid it so well,we cannot let your birhtday pass unnoticed.  

Happy Birthday Sassiekins, God bless.  Hope your day was amazing and your future is as bright as the star that you are⭐️

Through the eyes of love

Chapter 1

"This is just the limit. I swear some people forget where the come from. Voss water!  Caviar! Have you ever. All the trouble this water caused me. Ugh! she banged the water on the dressing room table. "As if the whole world doesn't know he grew up in the slums of Mumbai.  Voss?! How pretentious can you be?! Stupid Yash Scindiya.  She was so angry.  She fuming but the only one she could complain to, was herself ... or so she thought.

"I agree.

She swung around.

"You know, I know him from childhood and I remember the days that his mother made all their clothes and even then, he had to wear his older brothers hand me downs.  Now he only stays in the best hotels, demands caviar and imported bottled water.  Very pretentious. said the attractive young man that had just entered the room.

"Who ... who are you?

"The name's Prateek.  You are?

"Aarti Sharma.

"Oh, you are the one I have been speaking to?  Nice to put a face to the voice.  Anyway, it's really sad how people forget where they come from, when they have made it big, don't you agree?

"I do.  Firstly I had to beg for this interview and he would only agree with these ridiculous demands.  Like some big hot shot movie star.  Do you know how much trouble it was getting this water here?  I detest people like that. said Aarti.

"Me too. And you know what, he only flies his private plane.  Not commercial flights for Mr. Big shot. Oh no. That's not good enough for him.  And the women flaunt themselves in front of him.  I'm sure you will swoon too.

"Me? Never.

"I've heard it said that he is super-hot.

"Chote! an angry voice came through the door.

Aarti saw two men enter the room.

"Chote, if you are done talking nonsense, then introduce us and let us get this show on the road. said the older of the two.  She immediately recognised the other one and she cringed inwardly.

"Sorry, bhayia. said Prateek.

"Miss Sharma, let me formally introduce myself, I am Prateek Scindiya, this is my eldest brother Pankaj and this is ...

"I know who he is Aarti said in a pained tone.  She wished the earth would swallow her right then. 

"Yes, I am the pretentious one.

"Sorry she said softly.

"Miss ... Miss he looked at her questioningly.

"Sharma she volunteered.

"Miss Sharma, if you are going to be so vocally opinionated for all to hear, then at least have to guts not to offer a false apology.

This got her riled up.

"I am sorry she said louder.  Then she turned around and muttered under her breath.  "I'm sorry that you heard me.

"Miss Sharma! he reprimanded her like a little child.

She heard Prateek's raucous laughter.  No. no, no, she thought.  She was normally so sweet and amicable to everybody.  And here, finally they have a their first real big league guest on the show, the one that will give credibility to show that normally attracted mediocre actors and singers, and she was about to blow it.

She swung around.

"I'm really very sorry.  I don't know what's come over me.  Please sit. Have the snacks.  Have your water

"Voss water Prateek interjected.

"Please, I will go and get Miss Dubey and you can start preparing for the interview.

"You do that he said sternly. 

Aarti practically ran out of the room.

"Chote, what is wrong with you.  Why did you get the poor girl into trouble? said Pankaj.

"It was such fun seeing her facial expressions. Prateek clarified.

"Chote, why did you even accept this interview.  This is a local station. They are hardly paying me.

"Have you seen Arpita Dubey.  She is hot. And her P.A, Aartiji, kept phoning.

"You accepted an interview because the host is hot?  Remind me why I don't fire your idiot behind.  And this mousy girl, this PA is so rude on top of everything else.  You are wasting my time.

"Yash-bhayia, maybe you will like Arpita and settle down like ma wants.  I am not interested anymore, since I've met Pari.

"Great, now I must do this interview.   And what is this nonsense about caviar and Voss water?

"I was just testing her and she fell for it

Yash shared a look with his older brother.  Pankaj just smiled and shrugged.

"Idiot they said together.

Aarti went to Arpita's dressing room.

"Di, he is here.

Arpita jumped up off her chair

"He's here? she was so excited.

"Tell me Aarti is he as hot as he looks on the tv and in the magazines.

Aarti shrugged, not about to acknowledge even to herself that he is way hotter in person.

"How do I look?  Do I look ok?  Is my hair right.  My makeup, is it fine? She looked in the mirror and applied some more lipstick.

"Of course you are always gorgeous baby. He will be smitten with you like all the other men that meets you for the first time. said her mother that was sitting with her.

"Oh mom. she said smiling at her mother.

"Come Aarti lets go.  Aarti picked up the Ipad that she needed for them to go through the questions and they left to go and meet their guest.

"Mr. Scindiya.  This is Arpita Dubey.  Miss Dubey this is Yash Scindiya and his brothers Pankaj and Prateek.

"Oh what a pleasure to meet you all Arpita gushed but only looking at Yash.  Aarti could practically see the dollar signs in her eyes.  After all he made headlines in his late 20's as the youngest self-made billionaire in India.  He was the Indian Bill Gates so to speak.  He had long since sold the software company that made him his millions and now had his hands in so many pies that no one quite knew what he did.  He even had autobiography written by a well know American author that was a best seller.  He himself wrote a motivational book and often gave motivational talks, hence this interview.

Yash nodded.  She was indeed hot he supposed, but not really his cup of tea.  There was a time that that sort of thing interested him when he was younger but now he was quite discerning about women.

They went through the interview questions and he decided which they could ask and which not.  He immediately realised that Arpita was just the face of the show.  She had to refer to the mousy one frequently.  She was obviously the brains behind the outfit.  She seemed quite knowledgeable about him.  She must have done some in depth research.  His eyes were constantly drawn to her.  She did not wear a stitch of makeup.  She wore jeans, a t-shirt and a formal jacket with sneakers.  The pony band offered no control over her hair as it was tied up in a ponytail come bun, but the hair was coming out everywhere.  She kept pushing up her oversized glasses as she was busy hovering over Arpita, guiding her through the questions.  She was for all intents and purposes dull and mousy but something about her intrigued him.  And she had the most amazing eyes he had ever seen.

Finally it was time for the show.  It was in front of a live studio audience. He was as comfortable as he could be he supposed.  It went with the job, but it was not something that he enjoyed.  But when you make it to the cover of Time Magazine, you are bound to attract attention.  He was glad when it was over. 

"Yashj, can I call you that?  Arpita asked.

He shrugged.

"Yashji, I want to introduce you to my mom The elderly lady was standing with Pankaj and Prateek.

"Mom, this is Yash Scindiya.  This is my mom, Shoba Dubey.

"Namaste they both greeted.

"Mr Scindiya, please won't you please join us at home for dinner?

"Yes, please Yashji. Said Arpita.

"Miss Dubey, I am sure Mr. Scindiya is used to the best haute cuisine the best restaurants and hotels have to offer.  He would not be interested in a home cooked meal. said Aarti in a derisive tone that once again she immediately regretted.  Really she did not understand what was happening with her.  She seemed have lost control of her tongue with this man. 

This girl really started to irk him now.  Yes she might have researched him well but she didn't know him at all and now Chote caused her to make all these presumptions about him. 

"In fact, Miss Sharma, I love homemade meals.  And because I travel a lot, I have to settle for hotel and restaurant food most of the time.  So a home cooked meal would be great Miss Dubey.  Thank you. he looked at Arpita and smiled charmingly.

"Yeah!  Arpita clapped her hands excitedly.  "And please call me Arpita.

Yash smiled again and he looked at his brother's shocked expressions. To meet anyone of the media personalities on a personal level was unprecedented for him.

"We will go and freshen up in our hotel and Chote can get the address details.  What time should we be there?

"6h30 she he said.  They greeted and left.

Yash was teased by his brothers when he got to the hotel.  They thought he was interested in Arpita after all and that was why he had agreed to this dinner.  But he didn't even know why he allowed the mousy one to goad him into agreeing.  He was so irritated with himself and her.  Now he had to spend time with this Arpita that obviously had her sights firmly set on him as well as her mother.  Now he was sitting there making conversation with these people eating snacks and drinking tea while the meal was being prepared.  The father seemed nice though.  He liked him instantly.

Finally a helper came to announce that dinner was ready.   They made their way to the dining room.  Arpita, of course came to sit next to him.

"You boys will really enjoy supper.  My daughter is an outstanding cook.

Yash looked at Arpita.

"No not Arpita, my youngest daughter.

As if on cue Yash saw someone coming towards the table to serve the dishes.

"You! he said and he recognised Aarti.

Aarti looked up confused.

"Yes, Me. she said confused by his reaction.

"Aarti is my youngest daughter. said her father.

"But ...

"Yes, her surname is Sharma.  She is adopted. said Shoba.

Yash saw a fleeting look between Aarti and her father and he did not miss the resentful tone of the mother.  He wondered what the story was.

She went to serve her father first.

"No, beta, you serve our guest first.

She nodded.

"Bhayia, would you like me to taste first.  You know for poison? teased Prateek.

Aarti coughed to conceal her laughter.  He gave her and Prateek the evil eye.

Yash was surprised that she kept serving and did not sit down as were his brothers.  The way Arpita and Shoba spoke to her was as if she was one of the helpers.

"Aartiji, are you not joining us asked Pankaj.

She was surprised clearly.

"I will eat later thanks.  I am not hungry now.

"But just sit and talk to us for a bit.  You were working the whole day and now have cooked and served this delicious meal.  Please, sit.

Aarti did not have to look at her to know that Shoba was giving her a disapproving look.

"No, it's fine.

"Ok, fine, Then I will help serve. Said Prateek.

"No! she shouted. "I mean, no. You are a guest.

"And you are family, not a servant.  Sit down. said Yash.  His tone was angry once again.

She still stood.

"I said sit.  He reiterated.

"Beta, sit down said Shoba finally.  Her sweet tone rang false to everyone around the table.

Aarti sat down, next to Prateek. She didn't do anything so Prateek dished food for her and she started to eat slowly.  And as much as he tried to draw her out, she remained quiet, only answering questions very briefly.

Aarti was glad when the meal was over.  The guests were sitting in the lounge again and she helped clear the table.  Then she went to sit outside on the terrace.

"Hiding away? asked Prateek.

"Yes.

"So, Cinderella, what's the story?

"Is it that obvious?

"Pretty much.

"It was only mom and I till I was 17.  When she was diagnosed with cancer, she finally revealed who my father was.  She was his PA.  They had an affair and I was the result.  But she left without telling him about the pregnancy.  He only found about me when she contacted him when she was practically on her death bed. Even after 17 years you could still see how much they loved each other.  But what they did was not right.  So for that Pappa and I are still paying penance in this family. she smiled sadly.

"I don't know why I am telling you this.  I never tell people.  And Shoba aunty doesn't want people to know, so please don't tell anyone.

"I won't.  And your job?

"Well the show was my idea.  But because Arpita is the pretty one, it made more sense for her to be the face of the show.

"So you do all the hard work and she gets all the credit.

She shrugged. 

"I love my job though.

"Except if you get guests that demand caviar and Voss.

She giggled.

"Yes.

"Aartiji, it wasn't ...

"Chote, it's time to go. Yash's voice came from behind.

"Yes, bhayia.  Good night Aartiji.

She greeted them both. Yash's eyes lingered on hers and she couldn't tear hers away until he turned around. She was so confused. 

2 Weeks later

"Pappa, there must be a mistake.  Surely they meant Arpita.

"No, beta.  Shoba asked.  They want you.

"No, it can't be.  I'm sure they meant Arpita.  Why would he want me?

"I can think of many reasons, my sweet child.

Aarti smiled.

"But you are biased Pappa.  Please just make sure. I am sure you are confused.

That same evening she got a call.

"Hello

"Aarti

"Yes.

"Do you think I take marriage so lightly that I would be confused when I propose to a girl?

She was shocked into silence.  She hadn't spoken to him since the day of the interview and then then the proposal and now this.

"Are you there?

"Why?

"Why what?

"Why do you want to marry me when you could have Arpita?

"I am not interested in Arpita.  I want you?

"Why me?

There was silence for a while.

"To be honest, I don't know.  I just can't get you out of my mind.  There is something unique about you that I find intriguing.  Ma has been insisting I get married and I never wanted to.  There was no one I wanted to get married to, but somehow when she mentioned it when I came home, you came to mind.  Ma and Bauji approves and Bhayia and Chote raves about you.  I don't know if that is what you wanted to hear, but that is what comes to mind.

"I ... I don't know.

"What don't you know?

"They will be angry at me?

"Your mother and sister. Right? That's not a problem.  You won't live there anymore.

"And the show?

"You are only their hired help, so they can get someone else,

"But Di needs me.  And I am the younger daughter.  You should marry her.  You two are better suited. She is ...

"She is not what I want.  I want you.  Say yes.

He heart pounded in her chest. She never expected this.  Yash Scindiya was asking her to marry him.  No great confessions of love, but he chose her.  He chose her above Arpita.  Just as she was.  That had never happened before.  The voice in her head screamed "Yes.  Not because of anything but simply she wanted to.  His words were sincere.  It was honest and it made her want to be with him. But it seemed unnatural, surreal.  What if this was only a dream.

"I want to. she decided to be honest too,

"Then what's stopping you.

"Because I am afraid this is all a dream.  Nothing like this has ever happened to me.

"Maybe it is a dream.  I have never done anything like this before either. Certainly not with a girl that I only met once.  But Aarti, I always know what I want, I know that I want you.  Only you.  Now say yes.

"Yes. she said softly.

"Aarti, promise me that you won't be persuaded by anyone to change your mind,

"I won't

"No, promise me.

"I promise I won't be persuaded to by anyone to change my mind.

"Goodnight Aarti.  I will send my family soon.

Good night.

She was not prepared for this.

The very next day they were there.  She had not even had the chance to speak to her family, she wasn't even dressed.  She was still cooking and was wearing a caftan and scarf when her stepmother called her.

She saw Yash and his brothers.  And elder couple that was obviously his parents and a younger lady, standing next to Pankaj.

"Beta, the Scindiya's are here to ask for your hand in marriage.

She swallowed. She was nervous and embarrassed about the way she looked.  She was angry at him for just springing this on her.

She turned around and walked away.

"Mr. Dubey, do you mind if I speak to her.  I think she might be upset with me for just arriving with my family like this.

"Go ahead.

He followed her.

He found her on the terrace.  He was not sure how he knew she was going to be there.  He just naturally went there.  He remembered that night they were here.  He had overheard most of the conversation between her and Prateek and that struck a chord with him. 

"Aarti.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?  Look at me?  I am a mess.

"If I had told you I was coming today, would you have let me?

"No, I haven't spoken to my family yet.  I am not ready.

"That is why I am here today.  Because I fear you might never be ready. And I fear that you might not keep your promise.

"But ... She was silent.  He was right.

"I am right aren't I?

"Yes.

"My family won't judge you for the way you look.  As you said, we are from the slums of Mumbai.  Ma-Bauji are not judgemental.  They just want their children happy.  Will you come with me?

"Like this?

"Yes.

"Ok

She took the scarf off her head and she followed him as he took her hand.

"Sorry everyone.  We had our first disagreement.  I was wrong.  I didn't tell Aartiji I was bringing my family today so I apologise.  Let me introduce everyone.

"You are so pretty beta.  And you certainly made an impression on my son.  Welcome to our family. said his mother.

Aarti was amazed.  She wasn't even family yet and all these people made her feel like she belonged.  She looked at her father.  He was smiling but his eyes were moist.  He nodded to her.  She knew he was happy.

"Will you stay for supper, he offered the Scindiya's

"Yes, I believe my bahu cooks exceptionally well. said SP.

"She does,

"Aarti, I will help in the kitchen said Vidhi, the younger lady that she now knew to be Pankaj;s wife.

"No. you are a guest.

"I want to. I am the older bahu and you have to listen to me, right.  So I am telling you I will help you in the kitchen.

"Yes, bhabhi. said Aarti.

Vidhi was nice and very chatty.  She talked about the family.  How she felt joining them and how they operated.  They sounded like a happy family. When they served the food, Yash's father addressed hers.

"Dubeyji, we would like to perform the engagement tomorrow before we leave for Mumbai.  Yash has a hectic schedule.  He has to leave for the USA in 3 weeks and wants the wedding done before them.

Aarti nearly dropped the bowl she was holding.

"It's too soon. said her stepmother.  "We won't have enough time to prepare.

"Not to worry. Said Vidhi.We will do all the preparations.

"This is unheard of, the elder daughter of this house is not even married yet. said Shoba, clearly upset.

"We are family now.  We will help you find a suitable match as soon as the wedding is done. replied G3.

Aarti could see her stepmother was livid as was Arpita. But these people simply would not be deterred.

"Thank you.  We accept your offer of help for the wedding as well as a match for Arpita. said her father.  Finally he could do something that would make his daughter happy.  Because of his guilt he had allowed them to treat her with disdain, but he knew this family would treat her well and would love her.  And he was in favour of rushing everything, because he knew the extent of Aarti's self-sacrifice sometimes.

Another 2 weeks later

Yash was surprised at how beautiful his bride was.  He knew she was hiding away under her specs and baggy clothes, but he could not believe how truly ravishing she was.  He could not tear his gaze from her as she approached the mandap.  He couldn't wait.  He got up and walked to her, took her hand in his and led her to her place next to him as the wedding ceremony started.

Aarti was pleased that he held her hand.  I made her feel secure.  It made it feel real, because it still very much felt like she was in a dream.  He would squeeze her hand every now and again as if he knew how she was feeling and she would look at him and the look in his eyes were her affirmation.  It said more than words could say.  It made her feel beautiful and treasured for the first time in such a long time.  She had not had it easy after they left her home after the engagement.  Luckily everything happened so fast.  They had to fly to Mumbai and the wedding rituals started. So she thankfully did not have to spend much time in their company. 

The wedding was beautiful, but the homecoming ceremony was even more so.  As she placed her hands next to Vidhi's palm prints on the wall at the entrance to the house to mark her entry into this home, she looked over to him and he smiled.  She looked at her in laws and they all looked happy to have her here.  She could not contain the tears that trickled down her cheeks.  She finally knew what home was.

Later he carried her to their room.  His brothers and their friends shouting remarks at him, she felt shy and nervous.  She kept her eyes down.  The room was lovely. He put her down and made her sit at the dressing table. 

"Look what we have here he said as they both saw the caviar and Voss water on the dressing table.

The both smiled.  There was a card that read.  "Congrats on becoming Mr. and Mrs. Pretentious.  This broke the ice.

"Courtesy of my baby brother I take it.

"So now that I am Mrs. Yash Scindiya, can I also make ridiculous demands?

"Of course you can.  Even from Mr. Yash Scindiya.

"Is that right?

"It is.

He knelt down next to her and looked into her eyes. 

"But I will also have some demands of my own.  Will you be ok with that?

Her heart starting racing.  The look in his eyes left no doubt to what he meant. And in that moment she knew it's what she wanted too.

She nodded.

"You're sure? he said.

"Yes she said shyly.

He kissed her softly. Lingeringly.

"This makes me happy.  But tonight those demands have to wait.  You've had a long day and will have to up early in the morning, but soon, ok.

She nodded.

Then he got up and removed her veil and started removing the pins from her hair and then her jewellery as she watched in him in the mirror.

"You can take a shower now and then get into bed.

Vidhi had cleared a section for her clothes and the family had left so many new clothes in there that it was not necessary for her to unpack.  When she came out of the bathroom she wore a long silk negligee and a matching gown.  He saw her hair loose for the first time. What she was wearing was not revealing but she looked exquisite in its simplicity, like his bride. He had never desired a woman more. 

"I think you should get into bed quickly before I change my mind about those demands. he said as he walked past her to the bathroom.  He gave her a quick peck on the cheek and rushed off for his own sanity.

She smiled and touched her cheek and walked to bed happily and got under the covers. She wondered what she would dream about now that her dream has become a reality.  She had her prince charming, she married the man she loved. She realised that soon after the engagement. He called her every night and they spoke to for hours.  About their lives, their future.  They even spoke about having children.  He was always interested in what she had to say, in what her dreams were.  He even asked her for her expectations of this marriage.  She had none at the time, and now she just had one.  To be loved by her husband.  But for that she could wait, for now she was just happy to be with him and in this family. 

He was right.  She was tired but being in a strange bed did not help.  She was tossing and turning even after he had come to bed.  She was also a bit nervous but not scared.

"Can't sleep?

"I can never sleep in strange beds she replied.

"Come here. 

She looked at him suspiciously.

"Don't worry, I haven't changed my mind.

She moved to his side and he she moved into the crook of his arm. 

"This always makes my princess fall asleep. he said as he started massaging her head with his other hand.  She smiled at the mention of his princess.  She was her only competition. Little Miss Vedhika Scindiya believed she had full rights on her uncle and she would have to work to get into her good books. 

As with his princess, his queen was sound asleep within minutes of his head massage.  He kissed her on her head and smiled.  Who would have thought that the Yash Scindiya would be patiently massaging his brides head on his wedding night?  He had never showed such resolve to any woman before.  His little mouse had had transformed him to someone that looked at women only to relieve a need to one that wanted to cherish this one perfectly and forever.  And she transformed from a mousey character to a stunning, beautiful bride.  Who is the pretty one in the family now he thought, remembering the conversation he overheard between her and Prateek.  He hugged her tightly and tried to forget his pressing need and would try to sleep.  He could wait.  They had forever, didn't they?

Her kheer was a hit with all her in laws and all the remaining family members.  She chuckled at her mother in laws observation as the guests seemed very reluctant to leave.

"Being poor has its advantages.  At least these leeches would have left by now.  Now they love our home.  They want to stay here forever it seems. she mumbled under her breath as they were preparing more snacks.  He daughters in law were highly amused but also tired. 

"Ma, Yash will put them out in a heartbeat if you tell him.  After all if they stay he has no time to spend with his new bride.

"Bhabhi, that's not true Aarti said shyly.

"Hmmm, Ma how long have we been married, don't we know better.

"Yes, and those boys are exactly like their father. They don't give you a moment's peace.

"So true, Ma. said Vidhi

"On that note, how was your wedding night?

Aarti shook her head, she was too shy to answer but she was saved by her husband.

"Ma, what is happening?  Why are these people not leaving?  When are we going to have this house to ourselves again?  You know I don't like a full house.

"It's all your fault beta, if you didn't buy is this palace of a house they would have left long ago.

"Fine, I will get them to leave.

"Yash, what are you going to do? Aarti asked.

"I am going to throw them out one by one. he said and walked out of the kitchen.

"Ma ... Aarti said concerned.

"Don't worry beta.  He won't do that.  He will probably bribe them with something again.  That's what these people like.  Yash has already done so much for them, bought them houses, gave their daughters dowry, paid for their children's education and the list goes on and on.  But yet they are never grateful, always wanting more.  Yes they are family and I don't want to see them suffer but I don't like to see my son used like that.  It's painful to watch.  When we had nothing, when we were the poor relations, no one helped us.  They looked down on us.  And when they gave us anything it was only to rub our noses into the fact that they are better off.  Form both my and you father in laws family.  But even then we were happy.  And I can't stop Yash from giving, he is very generous, like his father but they know how I feel about them.  And even now when my sons are successful and our standard of living has improved, I have sworn that we will remain a happy family.  Money won't change us.  We won't be like them.  My family is still my main concern.  As long as you all are happy the so am I. You are happy to be here aren't you, Bahu.

"Yes ma.  But can I ask you something?  Were you not afraid that I was after his money?

He mother in law came to stand in front of her and put her palm on her cheek.

"I trust my son.  And I am quite a good judge of character.  And I could see immediately what my son saw in you.  You belong here, with us.  You are part of this family.  I can see the difference in him since he's met you. Hopefully soon he will settle down and not travel so much anymore and you two can start a family.  When you are ready. she smiled.

Aarti had tears in her eyes.  This still felt like a dream.  To have a mother that cared so much for her and accepted her in such a short time.

"You ... You have no idea ... he tears prevented her from continuing.

"I do.  Here you are safe, you are loved, you are family and you will always be.

They hugged. Even Vidhi had to wipe the tears away.

Edited by B-onesie - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovely_nikki thumbnail
Happy Birthday to a wonderful person πŸ€—
Many Many Happy Returns of the Day, Sassy πŸ€—

May You Be Blessed with All the Happiness in the World β€οΈ

Thanks Bee for gifting her this OS πŸ€—

You indeed are a Sweet Honey Bee πŸ€—

I'll try to read it soon πŸ˜ƒ
sass8 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
πŸ€—Oh Wow...πŸ€—πŸ€— Thanks Bee.. so sweet 
Love the begining and it surprised me too. 
Why her indeed? was the question, from irrited to mariage proposal , that one heck of a leap, but it appears Aarti made him feel something which intruigued him and voila. Aarti used to being left behind was understandably flabbergested and of course overwhelmed. 
I liked the open discussion when he tried to convince her to say yes, he is also surprised by his decision and she can't beleive this is happening to her. You can feel how genuily shocked she is because she still think that Arpita with her looks his better suited for Yash type but the heart want what the heart want I guess . So Yash had a good idea of what make his fuure wife tick so he's making sure that she won't escape, bringing the parent without notice was smart or Shobha could have found a way to ruined it. Frankly Aarti father is kind of weak but at least he made the right decsion when it count I suppose.
I am wondering also if Arpita is really happy for her sister, she hasn't said much but since she didn't mind using Aarti ideas, there must be a little resentment there. Yash is a catch after all. The weeding was a dream and nice touch with the food of her initial annoyance, caviar and voss πŸ˜† and the leech comments made me laugh πŸ€£ so hard, so true and sad at the same time when people take advantage and think you don't know. I love Gayatri down to earth attitude, its refreshing.
I can''t wait for net chapter, cause this feel like a nice ending and I hope the wake-up from the dream won't be too brutal after such a happy smooth beginning, right?
Anyway great start

Edited by sass8 - 6 years ago
sass8 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovely_nikki

Happy Birthday to a wonderful person πŸ€—

Many Many Happy Returns of the Day, Sassy πŸ€—

May You Be Blessed with All the Happiness in the World β€οΈ

Thanks Bee for gifting her this OS πŸ€—

You indeed are a Sweet Honey Bee πŸ€—

I'll try to read it soon πŸ˜ƒ

thank you Nikky, much luv πŸ€—
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thank god I still stalk this forum so I found this story  
Lovely story sweet I love that Aarya met and fell in-love and Yash had no interest in Aripta and saw her and her mother for what they are.
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Image result for happy birthday
Image result for god bless you on your birthday

Always stay as nice as you are Sassy 
bongalisoo thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Beautiful update B its so sad how aarrti was treated by her step sister and step mother ,but I'm glad she had her father and now has yash and his family , and a very happy birthday to sassy πŸ₯³ β€οΈ
cuteariya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Many many happy returns of the day dear sassy 
Brilliant chapter 
I feel sorry for aarti that her so called step mom & sister made her life miserable 
Even her so called dad didn't help her as he was guilty that he betrayed them
But more I didn't like aarti didn't stand for herself that's really wrong 
Aarya first meeting was interesting yash impressed with her
Even offered to marry her which shocked her
In first sight yash understood aarti well 
Finally aarya got married but so happy now aarti will be in real home where she will be love 
Hope yash & his families won't hurt aarti as she deserves happiness 
Yash families look really nice happy & down to earth who's never judge people by their status 
Finally aarti felt she is at home the real feeling she got it
Continue plz 
Fandu thumbnail
Saas Happy Birthday.  Hope you have a great Birthday and a year full of joy, happiness, laughter and love.  Bee love Saas birthday gift, i like  Yash's love for Arti.  Really enjoyed it. Edited by Fandu - 6 years ago
zuby87 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Beautiful os honey B, and wishing Sassie bear a wonderful birthday, stay blessed dearest one