I would like to hear Manna Dey's songs

*salil* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

In both C2005 and C2007, we have seen a great deal of thrust from contestants on the songs sung by Kishoreda, Sonu and Rafi saab sometimes and RFAK lately....But the SRGMP musicians, who sometime help contestants choose songs, are forgetting some of our greatest yesteryear's singers... Manna Dey is one amongst them... Known for his classically trained voice, Manna Dey has sung some of best classical based songs. These songs will certainly present challenge to the contestants but also reveal the best in them, if they really have well trained voices. All I have seen is contestants singing "ae mere pyare watan" in the shows near 15th Aug/26th Jan. Now that we have such good male singers like Mussarat, Aneek, Amanat, Raja left in C2007, I would like to hear them sing some of the best classical based songs of Manna Da such as below. I am providing links to all these songs for those who would like to enjoy these Manna Da's gems.

- laga chunari mein daag - from Mussarat

- puchho na kaise maine rain bitayee - Aneek

- sur na saje kya gaau main - Aneek

- jhanak jhanak tori baje payaliya - Raja

- chham chham baje re payaliya - Mussarat

- aayo kahase ghanshyam - Amanat

- tu hai mera prem devata - Amanat

- kaun aaya mere man ke dware- Aneek

- tum bin jeevan kaisa jeevan - Raja

Edited by *salil* - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Some excellent suggestions for the round and srgmp singers are capable of singing those.

I would love to hear Raja singing 'Laga chunri mein' and Amanat 'Jhanak jhanak...'. Aneek tried part of Manna Dey in 'ek chatur naar'.

gopalbhai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Only way to make this happen is to hold a Manna Dey special theme as SRGMP lately is conducting songs on theme basis though theme itself is random most of the time.
ChameliKaYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: *salil*

In both C2005 and C2007, we have seen a great deal of thrust from contestants on the songs sung by Kishoreda, Sonu and Rafi saab sometimes and RFAK lately....But the SRGMP musicians, who sometime help contestants choose songs, are forgetting some of our greatest yesteryear's singers... Manna Dey is one amongst them... Known for his classically trained voice, Manna Dey has sung some of best classical based songs. These songs will certainly present challenge to the contestants but also reveal the best in them, if they really have well trained voices. All I have seen is contestants singing "ae mere pyare watan" in the shows near 15th Aug/26th Jan. Now that we have such good male singers like Mussarat, Aneek, Amanat, Raja left in C2007, I would like to hear them sing some of the best classical based songs of Manna Da such as--

- laga chunari mein daag - from Mussarat

- puchho na kaise maine rain bitayee - Aneek

- sur na saje kya gaau main - Aneek

- jhanak jhanak tori baje payaliya - Raja

- kaun aaya mere man ke dware - Aneek

Totally!!πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

*salil* thumbnail

Originally posted by: anshu03

Salil I agree with the song choice but for Raja the first one is good, however I doubt Tum Bin Jeevan will sound good in his voice.
I also feel that Manna Dey is one of the toughest singers to copy or emulate. His songs need a lot of practice.

I also feel that someone should atleast sing a song by Hemant Kumar who is my fav yesteryear singer. His songs were so soulful, I wonder if I will ever hear it from anyone from any show.

From the current lot I feel only Aneek & Amanat can do some justice to Manna dey songs. I dont think Raja & Musu will be suited but this is just my opinion.

I agree with you Anshu.. I wanted to put the names of all singers against some of the best Manna Da's songs that I like and I had difficulty putting songs against Mussu's and Raja's names. I feel Raja will do good in "jhanak jhanak tori..." and yes... "tum bin jeevan...." will better for Amanat/Aneek.

Vsakhi thumbnail
thanks salil for this topic. i too was thinking along similar lines.. as in members listing which songs they would like to hear in which contestants voice (across all singers, not just one).

yes manna de is one of the greatest singers we've had and to sing any of his evergreen songs would certainly be a treat both for the contestants and us listeners..

one of my favourites is is a rare old gem called 'lapak jhapak tu aa re badarwa' from boot polish and i would really love to hear it in aneek's or amanat's voice (incidentally it's comic song.. but guess no one thought of it for the comedy round).

here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja3XCe4e2gc&NR=1
mermaid_QT thumbnail

------

But the SRGMP musicians, who sometime help contestants choose songs, are forgetting some of our greatest yesteryear's singers... Manna Dey is one amongst them... Known for his classically trained voice, Manna Dey has sung some of best classical based songs. These songs will certainly present challenge to the contestants but also reveal the best in them, if they really have well trained voices.

------

I am providing links to all these songs for those who would like to enjoy these Manna Da's gems.

- laga chunari mein daag -  Mussarat / Raja

- puchho na kaise maine rain bitayee - Amanat /Aneek

- sur na saje kya gaau main - Amanat / Raja

- jhanak jhanak tori baje payaliya - Raja / Aneek

- kaun aaya mere man ke dware- Aneek

excellent post! agree with you and posters above me.
the themes are getting mediocre and it surprises me given only 6 remain.  Presenting the contestants with a challenge is a must..
*salil* thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vsakhi

thanks salil for this topic. i too was thinking along similar lines.. as in members listing which songs they would like to hear in which contestants voice (across all singers, not just one).

yes manna de is one of the greatest singers we've had and to sing any of his evergreen songs would certainly be a treat both for the contestants and us listeners..

one of my favourites is is a rare old gem called 'lapak jhapak tu aa re badarwa' from boot polish and i would really love to hear it in aneek's or amanat's voice (incidentally it's comic song.. but guess no one thought of it for the comedy round).

here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja3XCe4e2gc&NR=1

Thanks Vsakhi... there is another Manna Da song, which is classical as well as comedy....they could have used this in comedy round too....

phool gendwana na maro lagat kalejwa mein chot from Dooj Ka Chand - MD: Roshan

Vsakhi thumbnail

Thanks Vsakhi... there is another Manna Da song, which is classical as well as comedy....they could have used this in comedy round too....

phool gendwana na maro lagat kalejwa mein chot from Dooj Ka Chand - MD: Roshan

aha.. ati sundar πŸ‘ let me see if i can find a video on youtube..

this i think would've been perfect for amanat.. even raja would suit this nicely..
spsharmila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Very good topic πŸ‘ πŸ‘

I would like either aneek or amanat to sing 'Zindagi Kaisi Hai' from anand.
'Har Taraf Ab Yehi'from hindustan ki kasam would sound great in raja's voice.