Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
nice update...
loved it.../
Shikhayugal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
amazing update dear.
loved the way nani explained to Arnav that khushi is not only his wife but also the daughter-in-law of the family.she was right in her place.
but Arnav looks soo cute when he whines like a baby.khushi had to pacify him like a kid.
loved their trip to chandini chowk.Arnav was right that khushi is really good at bargaining.
truly loved it.
thanks for the pm :)
p.s. I'm soo sorry for commenting so late Smita.I'm really busy with my job these days and that's the reason i couldn't comment earlier.😭
..Smita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

A/N: Sorry for the delay in posting the translation for this part! Was way too busy during the last 2 days. Have written sucha long part after a really long time. Hope you'll like it!

Thanks for the likes & comments! Over to..

Translation for Part 115

*The next morning*
Arnav met Anjali near the foot of the stairs.
Arnav: Good mornin' di!
Anjali(smiles): Good morning Chhotey! a.. Khushiji..?
Arnav: She's fine. She's fast asleep. So.. I decided to.. wake her up post my joggin session.
Anjali: You took the right decision. She needs to take rest..
Arnav: I'm glad I met you here. Actually,I wanted to talk to you. Me &..
Anjali(interrupts): I also wanted to talk to you,Chhotey. And nani also wants to say something.. But she has gone to have a bath. So.. can we.. talk while having breakfast?
Arnav: Thats what I wanted to tell you. I & Khushi wont be having breakfast with all of you. In fact,we wont have lunch and dinner either.
Anjali(surprised): Is it? Then in that case.. you go for a jog. We'll talk once you're back. 
At that moment,nani called Anjali to her room.
Anjali(loudly): Coming nani...!
Arnav: Di,I guess this is the right time to speak to nani.
Anjali: Ya,why not? Come,we'll have a chat in nani's room.
                                                                                **********
Nani: First you tell me,Chhotey.. What did you want to say?
Arnav: Nani,I'd promised to take Khushi to Chandni Chowk a long time back. But I havent got a chance to fulfill my promise till now.
Nani(nods): I know.. I was the 1 who stopped you from fulfilling your promise last time coz the summer was at its peak back then. And you both had just returned from Kashmir.
Arnav: I remember that. Today's a Sunday & I dont have to attend office so I thought of takin her to Chandni Chowk today itself.
Nani: Go ahead! Bitiya is very unhappy since yesterday. (smiles)She'll feel much better after visiting the market!
Arnav(nods): We'll have breakfast & lunch o'er there.. Thats what Khushi was sayin..
Nani: Let bitiya have whatever she wants to have but you keep a check on yourself.
Arnav: Of course,nani! I'm,anyways,unable to have a lot of oily and spicy stuff.
Mami: Bhy phear bhen Manorama ij here!
Nani's expression changed the moment she saw mami outside the door.
Anjali held nani's hand and whispered: Mami ko aane dijiye,nani.
Nani(whispers): Bitiya,did you call Manorama?
Anjali shook her head slightly.
Nani(enraged): That means..(whispers) she was hiding behind the wall,as always! She will never get rid of her habbit of interrupting others and joining them,uninvited!
Mami(enters the room): Saary phar dee intermissan,sasumaa! Om Parkaas told me that Anjali bitiya is here so I came to meet her.
Nani: Bitiya,you can speak to your mami in her bedroom.
Mami: No,no sasumaa! bhy do you baant to trouble bitiya? She'll have to climb so many issteps to reach my roomwa. It would be better if I taak to her here itselaf! a.. Arnav bitwa,please collect those isspecial pills phram me bephore leaving for Chandni chowk... Those pills which I'd given to you when you were leaving for Pha(corrects herself) Khusi bitiya's.. housewa?
Arnav nods.
Mami: They bhil keep your isstomachwa in control!
Arnav: Sure mami! I'll badly need that medicine today!
Mami smiles as she sits down next to Arnav on one of the wooden chairs.
Arnav: And nani,I also wanted to tell you that I'll be takin to Lucknow in the next weekend..
Anjali(shocked): So.. Khushiji &.. you wont be here on her birthday?
Arnav: No di. We'll celebrate Khushi's birthday with you'll either before leavin or after returnin from Lucknow.
Anjali nods.
Arnav: Its been a long time since Khushi went to Lucknow. So I thought.. she'll be happy to stay in her old house on her birthday! And she'll.. also get to meet her old friends &.. neighbours.
Nani(nods): Alright Chhotey. For how many days do you plan to stay there?
Arnav: We'll be back in 3-4 days.
Mami: Hello hi bye bye! This is too much,Arnav bitwa!
Arnav(confused): What mami?
Mami: This only! You're aalbhays on honeymoon! And if naat honeymoon then outing! Today here and tomaarow there!
Nani: Whats your problem,Manorama? Do you intend to join Chhotey & Khushi bitiya on their Lucknow trip?
Mami: Nebher,sasumaa! I only bhaanted to..
Nani: What?
Mami: Nebher mind! Anjali bitiya,once your discasan is complete,please make some herbal tea phar myselaf & your mamaji. He was laanging to have your isspecial tea today!
Anjali: Sure mamiji! I'll send Om Prakashji with the tea to your room.
Mamiji thanks Anjali before birdwalking out of the room.
Arnav: Now you tell me,nani..
Nani: Why dont you speak first,Anjali bitiya?(holds her head)My head is aching coz of Manorama's antics!
Anjali(arm around her shoulder): Please dont be upset,nani!I'll make some herbal tea for you as well. It'll change your mood for sure! (turns to Arnav)And Chhotey,I just wanted to.. talk about Khushiji's birthday party. But now that you're taking her to Lucknow,we wont keep a party on her birthday! Once you both are back..
Arnav(interrupts): Di,please,no more parties!
Anjali: Listen to me,Chhotey! Once you're back,I'll do her aarti,get her to cut the cake & then we'll give her the gifts. Thats it! There wont be any celebration beyond that! Her birthday will anyways be very special this year since she'll be going back to Lucknow,even if its for a small time!
Nani: We'll invite the Guptas' over here once you're back. And I'll make pooris,aaloo ki sabzi & halwaa for bitiya! And..
Arnav(interrupts): Nani! (smiles) Even I havent made as many plans as you'll have made for her birthday!
Nani: Then its high time you plan it out,Chhotey! Bitiya starts preparing for your birthday two weeks in advance!
Anjali: Since you're.. going to Lucknow,you can..
Arnav(interrupts): No di! I'm only goin to Khushi's house! Nowhere else!
Anjali(holds his arm): Okay.. I understand.
Arnav: Now,nani,will you please tell me what you wanted to say?And.. I'm sorry! Since I was gettin late,I left for office yesterday without listening to what you had to say.
Nani(smiles): Doesnt matter! Yesterday when you told me that Khushi bitiya is also going to office with you & Akash bitwa,I thought that she has rejoined your office..
Arnav: She will start coming to office with me from tomorrow,nani.
Anjali: But your office canteen was undergoing renovation,wasnt it?
Arnav: Yes di,the renovation work is goin on..
Anjali: So then.. how can the dabba service function without.. the canteen?
Arnav(interrupts): We've temporarily shifted the canteen to the store room. Once the renovation is complete,Khushi will shift to the original canteen. Till then she'll operate from the store room.
Nani: I think bitiya shouldnt join office right now.
Arnav(frowns): Why not?
Nani: Dont get me wrong,Chhotey. But the thing is that.. Lavanya bitiya has been waiting for Khushi bitiya since a long time. She hasnt even started with the trousseau shopping till now. She's counting on Khushi bitiya to help her with it. Lavanya bitiya and Nanhe bitwa are going back on the 20 th. So.. I was just saying that you should allow bitiya to stay at home till the 20th.
Arnav: But nani the shopping can be done in the evening. Once Khushi comes back from the office?
Nani: No Chhotey. Everything cannot be bought in th evening. And then,bitiya has some other responsibilities as well..
Arnav: What do you mean?
Nani: There was a wedding at our neighbour's house while you & bitiya were in Paris. The Bhatenas' welcomed their new bahuriya (daughter-in-law). And my bahuriya i.e. Khushi bitiya was not present in any function. Mrs. Bhatena wants to introduce her bahuriya to Khushi bitiya. She's been asking me to bring Khushi bitiya to her house for lunch since a long time. But I kept postponing it coz you both decided to extend your trip. Now that bitiya is back,I must take her to the Bhatenas' house for lunch 1 of these days. Or else Mrs. Bhatena will feel bad about it. She's our oldest neighbour and a very good friend of mine as well. She took part in each & every ritual of your,Aakash bitwa's and.. Anjali bitiya's wedding.
Arnav: I get the point,nani. How many days does she need for the shopping and lunch party? It'll be done & dealt with before we leave for Lucknow. So,once we're back,Khushi will..
Nani(interrupts): No! Khushi bitiya wont rejoin your office until Lavanya bitiya and Nanhe bitwa leave!
She continues,not allowing Arnav to speak one word.
Nani: You want her to be with you all the time. But thats not possible,Chhotey! She has some responsibility towards the house,the family and the community. And I also want her to visit her parents' before she goes back to her dabba business. If she is not willing to visit them alone then you can join her. I'm sure you wont mind going to your office from Lakshminagar for a day or two. Bitiya had said that she'll resume her dabba business only next month. Its fine if you're unable to wait till the 1st of next month. But you'll have to be patient till the 21st!
Arnav: What the..!? First you said 20th and now you're sayin 21st?!
Nani: Thats because 21st is a Sunday. Bitiya will only be able to attend the office on Monday,the 22nd right?
Arnav: You wanna say something else?
Nani: No,you may leave..
Arnav leaves in a huff.
Anjali: Chhotey..
Nani: Let him go,bitiya. He needs to understand that Khushi bitiya is not just his wife! She is the bahuriya of our family & Lavanya bitiya's friend and would be sister-in-law! I'm totally confident about bitiya! Not only will she understand my point of view,but she'll also convince Chhotey for the same!
Anjali: I hope that happens,nani!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
*Later that morning*
When Arnav opened the door of the bedroom,he found Khushi in front of the vanity table.
Arnav: You woke up?
Khushi(smiles): Yes! I woke up,I had a bath & now I'm getting ready! (points to her dress)Hows this anarkali?
http://shreejifashion.in/product/beautiful-collection-of-black-thread-border-work-anarkali-suit/
Arnav: Not bad..
Khushi: Buaji bought this one from Naina chachi's shop as well the other dress which I'd worn in Deauville. 
Arnav nods.
Khushi(points to the puffed sleeves and pompoms): She asked chachi to attach these especially for me! Otherwise the kurta was sleeveless.
Arnav nods again.
Khushi: What happened?
Arnav: Nothin'. Tell me once you're through. Then I'll change your dressing.
Khushi: Why dont you change it now itself? That way you can have your bath while I get ready.
Arnav nods before fetching the first aid box.
Khushi: What is the matter?
Arnav: Nothin'.
Khushi: Then why are you so quiet today?
Arnav(points to the wound): I was jus' thinkin that your wound hasnt healed till now but you're not takin good care of it.
Khushi: Why? What did I do now?
Arnav: You held Paayal's hand last night as you danced with her,then you applauded all the performance,you held my hand in yours and I dunno what all you must've done usin your hand. You need to take care of your hand, Khushi. Dont forget that the wound is still there.
Khushi: Why do I need to take care? (cups his cheek)You're already there to take care of me!
Arnav(shrugs off her hand): I'm serious..
Khushi: I'll take care from now onwards,pakkaa! Now tell me,are you only worried about my hand or.. is something else bothering you as well?
Arnav: I was.. jus'.. thinkin..
Khushi: About what?
Arnav: The SUV has to be refuelled before it can take us to Chandni chowk..
Khushi: You wont need to do that today.
Arnav: And why not?
Khushi: Since you've never been there,you dont know that the roads out there are pretty narrow while the crowd is huge. So your SUV wont be able to enter the lanes of Chandni Chowk.
Arnav: In that case we'll take the Mercedes Benz..
Khushi: You want to take such an expensive car to the market?
Arnav: Then how do you wanna go?
He speaks before she could utter a word.
Arnav: Now dont tell me that you wanna go in a rickshaw!
Khushi: You dont want to use a rickshaw so be it! We can travel by the metro! And anyways,Its been a long time since I went somewhere in a metro.
Arnav(doubtfully): You wanna.. travel in a met.. ro? Till Chand.. ni chowk?
Khushi(non-chalantly): Yup! I'm not asking you to go till Chandigarh! Its only Chandni chowk,Arnavji! (holds his hand)Lets go by the metro.. (excited) It'll be a fun ride!
Arnav: You find everythin in this world 'fun'!
He is about to get up when Khushi grabs his shoulder,forcing him to stop.
Khushi: What has happened to you,honey? Why are so upset? You were perfectly alright last night!
Arnav(tries to divert the topic): And you were so sad last night. You couldnt stop cryin. And you're so happy today! You even got dressed up so early. How strange!
Khushi(lets go of his shoulder): Whats so strange about it?Its not as if I'm sad because of Tanveer chachaa's death today.
She is about to go when Arnav stops her.
Arnav(holds her hand): I'm sorry,Khushi!
Khushi(frees her hand): You're the one who's strange! When I was crying last night,you were the one who told me ''Dont cry!" And now when I'm excited,you're asking me "why are you so happy?" You want me to be happy or sad?Decide once and for all!
Arnav: I wanna be with you!
Khushi(frowns): What?
Arnav: uh.. I mean.. I wanna visit Chandni chowk with you.
Khushi: Ya.. so you would be doing that today..
Arnav: Ya,right. I'll.. go & have a bath.
He leaves without saying anything else.
Khushi(wonders): What's wrong with him? And.. what did he mean when he said that he wants to be with me? We're already together,with each other! (decides)Let him comen out! I'll get the truth out of his mouth!
When Arnav opened the bathroom door,he found Khushi standing just outside the bathroom.
Her hands were stretched wide such that they touched the door frame and it appeared like she was blocking his wayout.
Arnav: What the..!?
Khushi: You can utter what the..!?,what the..!? another 2-4 times! But after that,you'll have to tell me..
Arnav: What?
Khushi: About stuff that you're hiding from me.. Stuff that has ruined your mood.. I wont let you go out until you tell me everything, in detail!
Arnav(cocks an eyebrow): Really?
Khushi(confidently): Yes,really!
Arnav: Okay..
He leaned towards his left and Khushi immediately shifted to her right.
Hiding his grin,he shifted slightly towards the right and Khushi shifted to her left such that her shoulder hit the door frame.
Arnav: careful!
Khushi: Dont try to run coz I'm not allowing you to escape! No matter what,I will get to root of your problem!
Arnav(sighs): Fine.(holds her shoulder) Come with me..
He sat her down on the bed before sitting opposite her.
Then he told her about his conversation with nani and di.
Khushi: Naniji is right,Arnavji. We've been away from home for a long time. Nobody allows jiji to do housework nowadays. Mamiji is anyways not interested. Lavanyaji had been to Agra with Nanheji. So,keeping naniji's age in mind, di mustve done most of the housework in the last few days. Yes,Hari Prakashji and then Om Prakashji was there to help her. But still,the major responsibility of household chores and the anniversary program was on di's shoulders. She handled everything so well! Dont you think she needs a break now? So if I stay at home, I can take care of the cooking and the temple chores.
Arnav: What bout Lavanya's trousseau shoppin?
Khushi: That'll be taken care of. I'll prepare the breakfast before leaving with Lavanyaji. And I'll give instructions to OPji about the lunch. He'll handle it,with di's help. After coming home,I'll have tea & snacks. After a short nap,I'll do the evening aarti and then prepare the dinner. I'll do the cleaning as well. And jiji can also do some chores while sitting in her room. You'll water the plants,like you always do. So that takes care of everything!
Arnav(nods): Yes but that also means that you'll end up overstrainin yourself.
Khushi: No,I wont!
Arnav: Thats why I keep tellin di to hire a qualified chef. Someone who knows everythin bout Lucknowi cuisine. That'll leave OP with enough time to do the household chores. Lakshmi has Rahim chahcha to take care of her. And you ladies will also have enough time for yourselves. But di and nani never listen to me!
Khushi: Thats because they know that the food cooked by oneself always tastes better!
Arnav: Thats alright but the food cooked by the chef doesnt taste bad either. Take that houseboat cook,for example..
Khushi: Who Saaqibji?
Arnav: Yes 'bibbi'! I'm talkin bout your Saaqibji! The food that he made was loved by you & everyone else. So,similarly,everyone will eventually get used to the food prepared the chef. Then they'll love it as well!
Khushi: Look,I dont know if a chef will ever be hired in this house. All that I know is that I wont disobey naniji's orders. So.. I'm staying at home for the next 2 weeks.
Arnav makes a face when she says that.
Khushi: Listen..
When Arnav does not respond,she cups his face.
Khushi: Listen to me! We wouldnt have got the chance to stay next to each other in office either. You wouldve been busy with your deals while I wouldve been busy with the dabbas. That would hardly leave us with any time to interact with each other.
Arnav(removes her hands): Whatever! Atleast we could have lunch together. And dinner as well. And I wouldve got the assurance that you were near to me. That I could reach you in less than 5 minutes. Here,I'll have to deal with a traffic jam for an hour or so to reach home. And comin home doesnt mean that I'll get to spend some time privately with you. First the family members,then the dinner,then your kitchen chores will keep us away from each other. We'll get to spend time only after tacklin all of these!
Khushi: Ya,so when you come home you'll have to meet those who're at home! And how will it look if I leave the kitchen in a mess just to be with you?
Arnav: Lemme make 1 thing absolutely clear,Khushi. If you wanna stay at home,then you'll have to take care of 2 things..
Khushi: 1st is my hand. What is the 2nd?
Arnav: Your dinner time. I want you to have dinner with the rest of the family.
Khushi: Areh?! But I..
Arnav(interrupts): Its only a matter of 2 weeks,isnt it? So in these 2 weeks,you'll have dinner with them! I dont want you to stay hungry till I come home!
Khushi: I'll have fruits..
Arnav: Noways! Either you listen to me or else I'll argue with nani and make sure that you join office from tomorrow itself!
Khushi: Okay,fine. I'll do as you say but please.. dont spoil the happy atmosphere at home because of this!
Arnav: Fine.
Khushi: Now will you do something for me? 
Arnav: What is it?
Khushi(opens her arms wide): Give me a tight hug!
Arnav readily complies with her wish.
Khushi(smacks his back): Stubborn lard governer!
Arnav(kisses the back of her neck): You're stubborn!
Khushi: No,you're stubborn! (lifts her head) What do you think? You'll miss me & I wont miss you? You're not the only 1 who wants us to stay together? (rests her head on his chest)I also want to be with you! I want to see you next to me every single moment of the day! But.. thats impossible! Our honeymoon is over and.. our daily life starts from tomorrow. So.. it would be better if we forget about our honeymoon and try to adjust to the routine.
Arnav: We'll have to adjust for sure. Anyways,all that is for tomorrow. We have this day to enjoy with each other!
Khushi: Thats true! So,shall we leave for Chandni chowk?
Arnav(cups her cheek): I'll go wherever you take me! I'm up for spendin' as much alone time with you as I can,away from home!
Khushi: Then get ready,fast! The sooner we reach the market,the better it will be. 
Arnav: Okay. Jus' gimme 10 minutes..
*Later that morning*
Akash dropped ArShi outside the Mayur vihar extension metro station.
Akash(smiles): Have a nice time,bhai!
Arnav(smiles): Thanks a lot!
Akash(smiles): And Khushiji,make sure that you roam a lot,shop a lot & have a lot of yummy food!
Khushi(grins): Ya,definitely jijaji! Thats why we're going there!
Arnav: Exactly! That goes without sayin,Akash! That is the whole point of goin to Chandni chowk!
Akash: Right! Do you plan to return by the metro as well?
Khushi: We'll let you know once we're through with the shopping.
Akash: Okay. Enjoy yourselves! Bye!
Khushi(waves): Tell jiji that I'll get her jhumkas for sure!
Arnav: Now,come on..
As he went inside the station,Arnav kept looking around & reading the various signages and display boards.
On one of those boards he noticed the line distribution of the Delhi metro.
Khushi: You wait here while I get the tokens.
Arnav: Wait!
Khushi: Now what?
Arnav(points to the display board): I cant see Chandni chowk station on any of those lines.
Khushi: Thats because its not a terminal. Let me explain. See,right now we're in Mayur vihar which is a part of the blue line. And we need to go to Chandni chowk,which comes under the yellow line.
Arnav: So how do we go from blue to..
Khushi(interrupts): We'll get down at Rajiv chowk & then catch another metro for Chandni chowk.
Arnav: That'll take a lot of time,Khushi. Why didnt you tell me about this Rajiv chowk thing earlier? Akash couldve dropped us directly at the Rajiv Chowk metro station and we couldve headed straight for Chandni chowk.
Khushi: Why do you want jijaji to drive all the way to Rajiv chowk & back in the morning? That too on a Sunday? Trust me,it wont take too long. Hum I would interchange the metro while going to Chandni chowk from Lakshminagar. And it never took too long. Lets go now..
Arnav: Okay,fine. I'll come to take the token as well.
Khushi: No,you stay here. I'll just be back..
Arnav felt better once they got inside the metro.
Partly because of the air conditioning and partly because they'd found vacant seats in a relatively packed coach.
Khushi(points to the window): Look outside.
Arnav(looks outside): Whats there outside?
Khushi: No,I mean.. keep looking outside the window. This is your first metro ride & I want you to take full advantage of your window seat! When I'd travelled by the metro for the first time,I was glued to the window till we reached the INA station!
Arnav: Why were you goin to the INA station?
Khushi: Coz we wanted to see Dilli haat. We need to get down at the INA station for that.
Arnav: I see..
Khushi: Have you ever been to Dilli haat?
Arnav shook his head.
Khushi: We'll go there someday.
Arnav: Sure!
Khushi: Have you seen the red fort?
Arnav: No. What bout you?
Khushi: Yes! I've seen the red fort,Jama masjid, Qutub minar,Humayun's tomb,India Gate, Dolls museum-everything!
Arnav: When did you see all that?
Khushi: When I'd gone for Dilli darshan(a tour of Delhi) with amma,babuji and jiji!
Arnav: I've seen the India gate.
Khushi: What else have you seen?
Arnav: Connaught Place, Hauz Khas village, J..
Khushi(interrupts): No,no! I was talking about the historic places.
Arnav: I've only seen the Raj Path and the India Gate.
Khushi: You should see the rest of the city. We'll go for Dilli darshan on a long weekend. Delhi is sucha nice,beautiful and huge city that the whole day will be gone in exploring it. And we'll be damn tired by the end of the tour. So it would be better if the next day is a holiday.
Arnav: Thats true. I'm not that keen on Dilli darshan. In fact,I was never keen on that. When we were kids,maa and di had tried their level best to convince me for the same but I never gave in. Then they went for Dilli darshan with mamiji,mamaji and Akash.
Khushi: Then where did you go?
Arnav: I stayed at home with nanaji and nani.
Khushi: Did your.. babuji never visit Delhi?
Arnav: He came here very rarely.. Generally he would drop us till the airport & pick us up from the airport. That was that. And even when he did come to Delhi,he never had time for us.
Khushi: Why?
Arnav: He was way too busy with his work. He never bothered to devote some attention to his family..
Khushi placed her hand on top of Arnav's.
Arnav: I'm fine.
Though he said that he was fine,Arnav entwined his fingers with hers.
An action which,Khushi knew,meant that he was seeking solace and support from her.
She quietly gazed out of the window,choosing to offer solace to him wordlessly.
                                                                                *********
An old lady wearing an orthopaedic hip belt got into their coach at the Indraprastha station.
Khushi got up & offered her seat to the lady.
Khushi: Please sit over here..
Lady(smiles): God bless you,beta!
Arnav(getting up): Khushi,you come & sit here.
Khushi: No,no,its okay! Anyways,we're just 3 stations away from Rajiv chowk.
Arnav: Still,sit down.
Reluctantly Khushi took the window seat and sat down next to the lady.
Lady: Is that your.. mister?
Khushi(nods): Yes.
Lady: Where are you from?
Khushi: I'm from Lucknow but currently my parental house & in-laws' house are in Delhi.
Lady: Where in Delhi?
Khushi: In-laws' house is at Mayur vihar whereas parental home is in Lakshminagar. Where are you from?
Lady: I'm from Indore. I'm here on a vacation.
Khushi: Are you alone?
Lady: No,no. I have 3 sons,3 daughters-in-law,2 grandsons and 4 grand daughters for company!
Khushi(smiles): Oh wow! Thats a huge family!
Lady(nods): Thats right!
Khushi: Then why are you.. alone in this metro? Is your family sitting in another coach or..?
Lady: No beta,my family is in the hotel. I'm going to meet an old friend in Rajiv chowk! Where are you going?
Khushi: We're going to Chandni chowk via Rajiv chowk.
Lady: You're going there for shopping or to see the red fort?
Khushi: No,I've seen it earlier. We're going there for shopping and eating!
Lady(smiles): Thats nice..
Khushi: You know what?I've heard a lot about Indore! Especially about the saraafa bazaar!
Lady: There are many worthwhile things to see in Indore,apart from the saraafa bazaar. You must visit it sometime with your mister.
Khushi: Ya,sure! One of my sister-in-law's oldest friend stays in Jabalpur. She was also asking me to visit her city. So.. I just wanted to know.. how far is Jabalpur from Indore?
Lady: Its an overnight journey. You'll find trains for Jabalpur once in every 2 hours.
Khushi: Then I'll try my best to visit Indore either while going to Jabalpur or while coming back from there. Which would be closer to Delhi- Indore or Jabalpur?
And the conversation continued till it was almost time for ArShi to disembark from the metro.
Khushi(smiles): It was a pleasure to meet you! I'll take your leave now..(folds her hands)Namaste!
Lady(smiles): It was good to talk to you! (folds her hands)Hari om!
Khushi(folds her hands): Hari om!
Arnav spoke to Khushi once they were on the platform.
Arnav: You start chattin with jus' bout anyone! And while chattin you reveal your history,geography,everythin!
Khushi: So what?
Arnav: You shouldnt tell everyone in detail about yourself..
Khushi: I can recognize who's good & who's bad. And I also know what to reveal and what to conceal. The poor,old lady just wanted to talk to someone! And I was keeping her company,thats its! Whats wrong with that? 
Arnav: There were many other passengers in the metro,apart from both of you. They could hear you. You need not divulge so many details about yourself. Take care from now on.
Khushi(in a small voice): Okay.
Arnav spotted the floor signage which read: Yellow line: Towards Jahangirpuri: New Delhi/Chandni Chowk/Kashmere Gate.
Arnav: We'll have to go that side..
The metro for Chandni Chowk was jampacked.
ArShi stood next to each other in the aisle.
Arnav noticed that Khushi was unusually quite.
Arnav(thinks): I didnt say anythin wrong. Khushi needs to understand! When Khushi was talkin to that lady,that guy wearin a black jacket was starin at her! How do we know who is good and who is bad? We should be careful.Whatever I said was absolutely right!
Though he knew that he was right,he could not bear to see Khushi so quiet.
Arnav: Water..
Khushi: huh?
Arnav: Gimme the bottle of water.
Khushi: You wont be able to have it right now. I'll give it once we get down at the station.
Arnav: How long will it take to reach Chandni chowk?
Khushi: Wont take too long. We'll reach very soon.
Arnav directly broached the topic without looking for further excuses to make her talk.
Arnav(holds her hand): Did I say somethin wrong?
Khushi: No. In fact I realized that you were right. That lady was a nice person but.. there were many other passengers in the coach. Now.. how do I know who is good & who is bad? So.. I shouldve kept a check on myself.
Arnav: Exactly! You felt like talkin to that lady & so you chatted with her. I dont have a problem with that. All I want is that you should give selective information bout yourself when you're in a public place.
Khushi(nods): Ya,I understood. Start moving towards the door. We're about to reach..
Arnav held Khushi's hand as they got off the metro.
Arnav(looks around): Which way do we go now?
Khushi: We'll exit from the fountain gate .
Arnav: And how do we go to the market from there?
Khushi: We'll walk down to the market.
Arnav(turns to her): What?
Khushi(nods): Yes,its close by. It'll hardly take any time to reach there on foot. Just keep 1 thing in mind.
Arnav: I know. Its way too crowded o'er here. Thats why I'm holdin your hand.
Khushi: There are pick pockets in the market. So you need to be alert.
Arnav: Okay,wait a sec..
He removed his wallet from the backpocket of his jeans and transferred it to the pocket of his black shirt.
Khushi: Have some water..
Arnav returned the bottle to Khushi after taking a sip of the cold water.
Khushi: Shall we leave now?
Arnav: Yup! So far so good. Now.. lets see what happens next..
Khushi: You havent seen anythin yet! Once you step out of the station you'll get to see what Chandni chowk is like!
The market was a picture of utter chaos.
Arnav was aghast to see the filth as well as the crowd.
He held Khushi's hand tightly as they went passed the negotiating buyers,the yelling vendors,the passers by,the noisy kids and the stray animals.
He felt claustrophic and wanted to get out as soon as possible.
Arnav: Where do we go first?
Khushi: Shall we have breakfast?
Arnav: Whatever you say!
Khushi: Okay. So we're heading to parathe wali gali.
Arnav sneezed the moment they entered the gali(bylane) which was lined by various eateries, all of which were emanating a plethora of smells.
Khushi: Are you alright?
Arnav(nods): Come fast..
Khushi took him to the very first paratha house.
Arnav read the name of the shop which they were about to enter: Pandit Babu Ram Devi Dayal (parathe wale).
The owner greeted them with folded hands before ushering them inside.
The seating arrangement was modest.
The menu card was placed on the table the moment they took a seat.
Arnav found some unusual variants of parathas on the menu.
But what caught his attention was the dirt cheap price.
He wondered about the taste and quality of ingredients going into a paratha which was that cheap.
Khushi saw through his hesitation.
Khushi: Dont worry! The quality of the ingredients going into the parathas is as good as the taste! So tell me,which paratha will you have?
Arnav: What are you plannin to have?
Khushi: I'll have the mixed paratha. What about you?
Arnav: I guess I'll try the tomato paratha. Thats somethin unusual..
Khushi: Why not?!  Will you have some salted lassi?
Arnav: Nope!
Khushi: Okay.
Khushi turned to Arnav after placing the order.
Khushi: We'll go to Dariba kalaan after having breakfast.
Arnav: What for?
Khushi: I need to buy earrings,bangles,bindis,etc from 1 of the shops over there.
Arnav: Okay. Then whats next?
Khushi: Then we'll go to buy ittar. While coming out of that lane,we'll see a famous jilebi shop..
Arnav(interrupts): So you'll place an order for take away?
Khushi: Why take away? I'll have hot,hot jilebis standing outside the shop!
Arnav: Will you be able to have jalebis after having a paratha fried in desi ghee?
Khushi: Of course! The parathas will get digested while walking around in the market. And anyways,jilebis taste best when they're just out of the pan!
Arnav: Alright.
Khushi: Then we're also going to have shikanji! That'll aid in digestion as well.
The piping hot parathas arrived shortly.
They were served with several types of chutneys and mixed vegetable pickle.
Khushi's lassi was served in a kulhad(small clay pot).
Khushi: Attack!
Arnav: No! Not now! Let it cool down just a bit.. 
Khushi: Cold parathas loose their taste! Since you've never had it this way,you dont know about the joy in burning your tongue by having a super hot parathaa! The cold,sweet lassi which I'll have alongwith the paratha,will cool down my mouth and throat,both!
She was about to dig into a paratha when Arnav caught her hand.
Khushi: Let me have it na!
Arnav: Wait a sec..
He tore a piece of her paratha,dipped it in the chutney and held it near her mouth.
Khushi(whispers): There are people around us..
Arnav: Are they your relatives?
Khushi: No! But..
Arnav(interrupts): Then.. neighbours may be?
Khushi(whispers): They're strangers but.. they'll stare at us if we do that. So its better if you have your paratha & allow me to have mine!
Arnav: If you dont wanna feed me,its fine. But I'm gonna feed you with my hand for sure!
He withdrew his hand after stuffing the morsel in her mouth.
Arnav: Hows it?
Khushi(smiles): Excellent,as always!
Arnav nodded while having a bite of his tomato paratha.
Arnav: This is nice! Wanna give it a try?
Khushi: Just a bite..
Arnav deliberately made a sorry face while feeding her.
Khushi: What happened? Why do you look so sad?
Arnav: I was thinkin that we were better off in Paris! We would feed each other every single day. But here?.. (sighs) Because of family members at home and strangers outside,you dont even wanna have a bite from my hand! Forget bout feedin me!
He made a puppy face while feeding her again.
Khushi: Its not as if I dont want to feed you. Its just that..
Arnav(interrupts): You keep thinkin bout others. What will he think? What will she think?.. Let them think whatever they want to! We're a couple,yaar! Niether are we criminals nor is it a crime to feed each other in a marketplace! But.. anyways..
He sighed heavily as he dipped a piece of his paratha in the mint chutney.
Khushi: Give it here..
As he brought the piece near her mouth,Khushi redirected it towards his.
Arnav smiled as she fed him.
Khushi was surprised when he picked up the kulhar.
Khushi: Now dont tell me that you're going to help me drink the lassi as well!
Arnav: Why not?
Khushi's cheeks flushed when he held the pot for her while she was having the lassi.
The thick lassi ensured that Khushi's upper lip was coated with a layer of cream.
Arnav supressed the urge to wipe her lips.
He handed her a tissue instead.
Khushi: Thank you!
They stepped out of the joint after Arnav payed the bill.
Arnav: Shall we leave now?
Khushi: Ya,sure. Are you tired?
Arnav: Not yet.
Khushi: Okay,lets go..
Khushi's eyes twinkled the moment they entered a shop selling costume jewellery.
Owner(smiles): Welcome behenji! Tell me,what do you need?
Khushi: I need some colorful jhumkas..
She selected 2 pairs of earrings for Paayal and 1 for Lavanya.
When it came to selecting earrings for herself,she turned to Arnav for his approval.
Khushi: Is this good or (points to the other earring) is this better?
Arnav: Niether are good! I mean.. (points to another, heavy earring)This 1 is better..
Owner: Bhaisaab has a great choice! This earring will match every dress you owe.
Khushi: all that is fine but what is the price?
Owner: I wont take more money from you! You always come to my shop for buying jewellery.
Khushi: Still,tell me the price..
Owner: 150 rs only!
Khushi(shocked): 150!? And you're saying ''only''?! Its too much,bhaiyya!..
Arnav was about to say that the price was alright but he decided to keep quiet.
He watched as Khushi bargained and argued with the shopkeeper.
Finally she got the earrings at the nearly half the price.
Khushi: Last year I'd come to your shop with my jiji just before her wedding.
Owner: Ya,ya I remember..
Khushi: Then I bought a pair of earrings for myself..
She described the design of the earrings which Arnav had accidently broken while they were in the train.
Khushi: Do you have another pair like that?
Owner(shakes his head): No behenji. They've stopped supplying that design. But I have the latest designer earrings. If you want I can..
Khushi: No,let it be. I wanted those earrings. Anyways,now show me the metallic bangles. If the price is appropriate,I'll buy 8 dozen bangles. And if not,I'll leave your shop! 
Owner: Wait a minute, behenji! We've been supplied with the new stock just yesterday. I'm sure you'll love those bangles!
Again Khushi turned to Arnav after selecting bangles for Anjali.
Khushi: Now tell me,which of these sets would look good?
Arnav helped her with the selection first before picking up a set of mixed bangles.
Khushi: Who is it for?
Arnav: Obviously,for you! But this set isnt lookin that good. (to the owner) Will you change the combination?
Owner: Certainly! Tell me the color of the bangles and I'll add them between golden kadaas. That way you can customize your set as per your liking!
Arnav told him the combination and the shopkeeper immediately prepared a set of bangles according to that.
Arnav: Thats better! (to Khushi)What do you think?
Khushi(approving smile): These look lovely together!
Arnav: Pack these in a separate box.
Khushi: Ask about the price!
Arnav: Wait, I havent finished yet!
He got the shopkeeper to make two other sets of bangles with silver and diamond studded kadas(wider bangles) respectively.
Khushi: I dont need those right now.
Arnav: We're buyin these.
Khushi: Why?
Arnav: Coz bangles dont have an expiry date! You can wear them whenever you want! Wait till there's a weddin' or an engagement or some other function. Till then they'll be happy to lie in your vanity drawer!
Khushi: Okay..
Owner: What else do you need,behenji?
Khushi: Show me some hairclips.
Owner: Regular or designer?
Khushi: I need 1 packet of the regular,black clips. And then.. you can show some designer ones as well.
Arnav frowned when the owner opened a box containing various shapes and colors of hairclips.
Owner: You select the designer ones while I'll take out the regular ones.
Arnav(points to the box): These are.. designer clips?!
Khushi knudged him yet Arnav did not shut up.
Arnav(whispers): If a fashion designer spots these.. "designer" clips,he/she will commit suicide!
Khushi glared at him before turning towards the counter.
Khushi selected one clip and placed it on the counter.
Owner: You need just 1 of these?
Khushi: Yes. Now give me three sheets of multicolored bindis. And then tell me the total bill amount.
Arnav: Will 3 enough?
Khushi: Yes.
Arnav: Are you sure?
Khushi: Yes. Each sheet has some 20-25 bindis.
Arnav: Okay.
Arnav was surprised when Khushi bargained with the owner about the total bill amount.
She succeeded in reducing a significant amount of money from the total.
Arnav(thinks): Wow! She's a pro at it!
Khushi caught Arnav smiling as they stepped out of the shop.
Khushi: Why are you smiling?
Arnav: I'm impressed with your negotiation skills,Mrs Raizada!
Khushi: And I'm impressed with your skill,Mr Raizada!
Arnav(confused): My skill?
Khushi: The skill of making apt sets of bangles! When you had bought those orange bangles for me on the night before our wedding,I thought the shopkeeper mustve prepared a set of bangles for you. But now I realize that you mustve prepared the set yourself!
Arnav: Ya,you're right!
Khushi: You make some awesome sets of bangles! Where did you learn this?
The smile disappeared from Arnav's face as he replied: I learnt it from di.
He paused to release a long breath before continuing.
Arnav: Di was always fond of bangles! Whenever she had exams or she could not go out of the house,she would send me to buy bangles for herself. (sighs)She would be elated when I would bring bangles of her choice! She would wear as many bangles as she could,in both hands! Her wrists were never empty. Even when she went to bed,she would wear atleast 2 bangles. And now.. di has altogether stopped wearin bangles. Whenever I see her wrists,I always find those old,gold bangles in them. She was so fond of dressin up! (gulps)But now she doesnt even care to dress up well. She was wearin light jewellery for our anniversary party. (enraged)All this because of that.. Shyam! That bloody..
Khushi(places a hand on his arm): Calm down.. I've bought some bangles for her & I'm sure she'll wear them! I'll convince her! Give her some time to.. come out of that state. Its been close to 6 months since she got divorced. She kept going to the court until the divorce was finalized.. She had to give so many statements.. People and the news channels have said all that they shouldnt have about her.. All that has affected her,Arnavji. Its bound to affect anyone! No matter how she feels from within,she stays happy for our sake. She keeps herself busy in the household chores. She is her older self with us. Give her some more time. Then you'll see the changes in her. She'll start paying attention to herself.. She'll start dressing up.. and I'm sure she'll wear bangles every single day! 
Arnav(covers her hand with his): I hope so..
Khushi: Shall we?
Arnav nods and they leave for the desi perfumery.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Khushi(smiles): Salaam walekum Kadarbhai!
The middle aged,bespectacled man behind the counter smiles warmly as ArShi step inside his shop.
Kadarbhai(smiles): Areh?! Walekum assalaam! How are you,Khushi bitiya?
Arnav was surprised when he took her name.
Khushi: I'm fine. How are you? (looking around)And how is Ghulambhai? I cant see him here..
Kadarbhai: Bhaijaan wont come to the shop today. Bhabhijaan is not well so he stayed back at home. 
Khushi: Oh no! I wish I couldve met him as well..
Kadarbhai(points to Arnav): Pardon me,miyaan! But.. I dont seem to recognize you..
Khushi: He's.. my husband.
Kadarbhai: Why didnt you tell me earlier,bitiya,that you've brought daamaad sa'ab along! (smiles at Arnav) Please come in.. (points to the wooden stool)Have a seat..
Arnav: No,thanks!
Kadarbhai(calls loudly): Areh Dilaawar...!
A teenaged boy comes running from across the street.
Dilawar: Yes abba?
Khushi(smiles): How are you Dilaawar miyaan?
Dilaawar(shyly): I'm fine.
Kadarbhai: Do you want to have Gianiji's falooda?
Arnav was about to refuse when Khushi answered: Yes,yes! Just wait a minute..
She took out a 100 rs note from her purse and gave it to the boy.
Khushi: Please bring a rabdi falooda for me.
Dilaawar: Sure!
Kadarbhai: And what about him?
Khushi: He wont be able to have it since he has sugar.
Kadarbhai cluck clucked his tongue while glancing at him sympathetically.
Arnav(thinks): He's makin such a sorry face,as though I've missed the best dish in the world!
Kadarbhai: Shall I order some sugarfree orange juice?
Arnav: No,no thanks! I'm fine.
Kadarbhai: Okay. Dilaawar,hurry up beta.. Go & bring a glass of falooda for your baaji.
*Once the boy left*
Khushi: Now shall we talk about the ittar?
Kadarbhai: Yes,of course! Should I take out the mogra ittar or the gulaab ittar?
Khushi: I'll take the gulaab ittar.
Kadarbhai took out a small,glass bottle called ittardaani from one of the shelves.
Khushi took a whiff of it and smiled.
Khushi: This is fine!
Kadarbhai: Try this,bitiya.. This is the Gul hina ittar.
Khushi(to Arnav): Why dont you take a whiff of it? I'll buy it only if you dont mind its fragrance.
Arnav sneezed the moment he brought the bottle closer to his nose.
Khushi: Let it be,Kadarbhai. Show me some other ittar..
Kadarbhai: What about the mogra ittar?
Khushi: No,no! He has a problem with its fragrance. Show me the.. Gulmohar or juhi ittar. And I need the Rajnigandha ittar for jiji.
Kadarbhai: Okay. So,how is Paayal bitiya?
Khushi: She's fine.
Kadarbhai: And your amma,babuji and buaji?
Khushi: They're fine as well.
Kadarbhai: This is Paayal bitiya's ittar. (passes a royal blue ittardaani) And this is for you. Try it..
Khushi: Which 1 is this?
Kadarbhai: This is a new variant,Bakul ittar. Ladeej love this 1! Its been selling like hot cakes ever since I've started stocking it in my shop!
Khushi: Really? Arnavji,why dont you sniff this?..
Arnav(nods): This is okay..
Khushi: I'll take this. And.. I'll take the juhi ittar next time.
Arnav: Take it if you like it..
Khushi shook her head slightly.
Khushi: Kadarbhai,I'll take the Gulaab and Bakul ones for myself,the Rajnigandha one for jiji and for buaji I'll take the.. chandan ittar..
Dilaawar arrived with a giant sized glass of falooda shortly after Arnav paid the bill.
Khushi(smiles): Thank you so much, Kadarbhai! And Dilawaar miyaan,have some jilebis with the remaining amount of money!
Dilaawar(smiles): Thank you!
Arnav: This way or that way?
Khushi(points out): This way..
Arnav: What happened to you,Khushi? You didnt bargain much at the Ittar shop,the owner ordered falooda for you and you tipped his son!  Besides,they way you guys were talkin,it seemed like you know each other really well.
Khushi: Thats true! Phoophaji and Kadarbhai's older brother,Ghulambhai were close friends. Whenever Phoophaji came to this part of Delhi for office work,he would make it a point to meet Ghulambhai. He was the 1 who introduced buaji to this shop. Now,the relation is that old so the conversation will also be like that?
Arnav: Then why didnt you tell him that Paayal is pregnant?
Khushi: Coz jiji is still in the first trimester. Amma says that the unborn child gets affected by the evil eye if the good news is not kept a secret for the 1st three months. Okay,now come this way. I need to buy a dupatta for jiji and zari and gota for myself. And then I'll have the jilebis. And then.. 
Arnav(interrupts): We'll go home,right?
Khushi: No! Not so soon!
Arnav: Why? Whats left to do now?
Khushi: I'll tell you once I finish all the jilebis!
*Later that afternoon*
ArShi entered a bylane dotted with shops selling all kinds of footwear.
Khushi stopped in front of a shop and started admiring the sandals on display.
Khushi(points out): Did you see that?
Arnav: Ya,they've misspelled the word pick.
Khushi(confused): What?
Arnav pointed towards a board hung outside the shop which read: Pik any for 150.
Khushi: Oh that?! No,I wasnt talking about the board! (points out)I was talking about that golden sandal.. (loudly)Bhaiyya,please show me thatgolden sandal..
A twenty something guy came out of the shop and helped Khushi.
Khushi: Its nice. Bring the half of the pair so that I can walk around & see if I'm comfortable or not.
Guy: Okay.
Khushi: And show me that pink hawaai..
Arnav: Hawaai?
Khushi: Ya,hawaai chappal.. (points out)See that one?
Arnav: Oh,that?! They're called flip flops!
Khushi: Call them hawaai or call them flip flops,its 1 and the same thing!
Arnav: Why do you need to buy footwear from here? I'll take you to the mall in Saket and..
Khushi(interrupts): No! I dont want to go there!
Arnav: Why?
Khushi: firstly,that mall is way too far off. Secondly,everything over there is branded! And the price of branded stuff is always sky high!
Arnav: So what!? Its not like we cant afford to buy branded stuff?
Khushi: Look,when it comes to this topic,you'll never get my logic and similarly,I will never be able to understand yours. So it would be better if we end the discussion right now!
Arnav: Fine!
Khushi selected silver kolhapuri chappals for herself and broad belted purple sandals for Paayal.
Guy: Anything else?
Khushi: No,thanks! Prepare the bill..
Owner: The bill is ready,madam. You need to pay 550rs.
Khushi: I've bought 4 pairs of footwear from your shop. You can surely give me a discount of 50 rs,right?
Owner: no madam. We dont have the system of discount in our shop. Each item has a fixed price.
Khushi: Why so? You should give some discount,atleast to old customers! 
Owner: Sorry madam!
Khushi: In that case,I'll not take the Hawaai..
Arnav: If you like it so much,then you should buy it..
Khushi(glares): Areh! How can I buy it?
She turns towards the shopkeeper.
Khushi: My budget was 500 rs. I wont spend 1 rupee more than that! We're coming from the other end of Delhi and we'll be going back ther as well. We need to think of the travel expenses as well. Now that you're not ready to give a discount,I'll have to omit the hawaai.(to the other guy)Take it back,bhaiyya.. Next time onwards,I wont visit your shop! I'd rather go to a shop which offers discount.
Owner: You're too much,madam! You're saying all this only for 50 rs!
Khushi: Ya,so what!? 50 rs doesnt grow on the trees?! And if "only 50 rs" does not have any value for you,why dont you give me a discount?!
The owner made a face as Khushi placed a 500 rs note on the counter.
Owner: Everyone values money but noone argues like yourself!
Khushi: Let it be! You guys have to deal with way more stubborn customers on a daily basis! I only visit your shop once or twice in a year!
Owner: 1 visit of yours is enough for us! Take these for 500 & leave!
Khushi(collecting her stuff): I'll never visit your shop again! huh!
"Unbelievable man!",said Arnav when they were well out of the lane.
Khushi: What happened?
Arnav: Everything was anyways quite cheap in that shop. Yet you bargained and then.. you fought with the owner!
Khushi: You dont know anything,Arnavji! They increase the price deliberately coz they know that the customers will bargain in the end!
Arnav: I dont believe this!
Khushi: Please dont say "take this if you like it so much" and stuff like that!
Arnav: Why not?
Khushi: Coz I'm not able to bargain properly when you say something like that! Even if you like something in such shops,you shouldnt express that at once. You should explore another 3-4 options before finally selecting something.
Arnav: how would I know all this? I'm visitin this market for the first time. And.. probably for the last time.
Khushi(shocked): Why? You wont come to Chandni chowk again?
Arnav: I dont mind cumin with you to Chandni chowk! But I thought.. may be you wont like to bring me along. May be I'm.. more of a.. hindrance than a partner?..
Khushi: Who said that? Look,if I made you feel that way then I'm sorry! I want to take you wherever I go! If I ever go somewhere without you, I keep thinking "I wish Arnavji was here!" From now onwards,I wont visit Chandni chowk without you!
Arnav(smiles): Are you sure?
Khushi: Yes,I'm 100% sure! Now,come this side..
Arnav spoke shortly after they resumed walking through the dusty and busy lanes of the market.
Arnav: Tell me,what else is remaining in your to-do list?
Khushi: I need to buy a mortar n pestle for amma,mehndi cones for myself & jiji. And then I need to visit the Shiv-Gauri temple..
Arnav: Temple.. again?! We just went to a temple yesterday.
Khushi: Ya,but this a different temple. And whenever I visit Chandni chowk,I make it a point to have a darshan of this temple! Then.. how can I leave today without getting a darshan?
Arnav: Okay,fine. What else?
Khushi: I need to have lunch..
Arnav(shocked): Lunch!? Are you not full as yet? What else do you want to have?
Khushi: Dahi bade,tikki chaat,aata halwaa and most important- golgappas! (smiles)I'll have those with you!
Arnav: Fine..
Khushi: Then,kulfi..
Arnav(interrupts): Kulfi? Why,you've already had a falooda!
Khushi: Falooda and kulfi are 2 different things,Arnavji!
Arnav(shakes his head): I jus' dunno..
Khushi: What?
When he stopped,Khushi turned towards him.
Khushi: Tell me,what is it that you dont know?
Arnav(places his hand on her tummy): How does such a small tummy accomodate so much of food?! And how come it doesnt show up in your weight!?
Khushi's ears moved when she felt his hand.
Her cheeks turned a shade darker and she averted her gaze to the road.
Arnav: Khushi?
Khushi: Le.. lets go..
Arnav smiled as he removed his hand.
Arnav: Anything else or is it enough for the day?
Khushi: No,its not enough! I need to buy Sarita for amma from the Dariyaganj market.
Arnav: Sar.. ita as in? Is it a novel?
Khushi: No,its a Hindi patrika(magazine). Amma loves reading it it! She generally buys it from the newspaper guy who sits at the crossroads of Lakshminagar. But I'll get books and magazines at wholesale rate in the Dariyaganj Sunday market. So,apart from Sarita, I'll get Vanita magazine for amma,the book of bhajans for buaji,a book on raising a child for jiji,etc at low rates. And this time I'm thinking of buying a Sarita for naniji as well. She's fond of reading Hindi novel and poetry. So may be.. she'll like it? 
Arnav: I'm sure she will! Now tell me,where do we go first?
Khushi: Lets go to the mehndiwala's shop first.
Arnav: Okay. BTW,why do you need mehndi now? There's no upcomin function or occasion. Anniversary party is gone and teej is a few weeks away.
Khushi: Arnavji,nobody needs an occasion to apply mehndi! Mehndi should be applied whenever one feels like applying it and also when one's hands are empty! Thats what I do! Now that I'm staying at home for the next 2 weeks,I wont have much work to do. I'll prepare the food with my right hand, which leaves my left hand free. So,in the next 1 or 2 days,I'll sit down with jiji for a mehndi application session. We'll alternately apply mehndi on each other's left hands. That way we'll get a chance to chat and recall the good,old times!
Arnav: Right! You havent really got a chance to chat freely with Paayal ever since we came back from Paris. Your catching up session is pending..
Khushi: You're right. Now,come this way..
She turned around the corner and Arnav followed suit.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
*Later that afternoon*
Arnav cleared his throat soon after Khushi popped the first golgappa in his mouth.
While Khushi licked her lips after having a golgappa loaded with the filling,water and sweet n spicy chutney.
Khushi: umm! Its delicious!
Arnav: Not really..
Khushi noticed that his eyes were watering because of the spicy cum tangy water.
Khushi: Will you have another 1?
Arnav: Yes,I will but.. this will be the last one,okay? I cant handle all that spice!
Khushi(feeds him): Okay.
He picked up one of Khushi's loaded golgappas from her plate and was about to lift it to her mouth when he saw her tensed face.
Arnav: Anythin wrong?
Khushi: Not really..
Arnav: Are you sure?
Khushi directed the golgappa towards her mouth.
Khushi: We need to go home right now!
Arnav(frowns): why?
Khushi(gulps): Coz I'm saying!
Arnav was surprised when Khushi said she did not want to have kulfi or visit the temple.
Khushi: We'll leave for Shantivan,straightaway!
Arnav: What's the matter with you? Is your stomach achin?
Khushi shook her head.
Arnav: Then are you gettin a vomitting sens..
Khushi(interrupts): No!
Arnav: Then what is it? It has to be somethin serious,else you wouldnt have cancelled the temple visit. Please tell me..
Khushi: Not here. I'll tell you once we're home. We'll get a rickshaw outside this lane.
Arnav: Rickshaw?
Khushi: Arnavji please! Lets go in a rickshaw! We have many bags with us & I dont feel like walking till the metro station right now! Please..
Arnav: Okay,okay. Come..
Driver: Where do you want to go?
Khushi: To Mayur Vihar..
Driver: I wont go.
Khushi: Why? Are you going to Timbaktu!?
Arnav: Relax! Come,we'll take another rickshaw..
Khushi sighed in relief when the driver of the second rickshaw agreed.
Khushi: I hope the Meter is working,bhaiyya?
Driver: Yes it is,behenji.
Khushi: Great! (sits inside the auto) Come on..
Driver: Just wait for 2 minutes. I'll be back soon..
Khushi: Okay but dont take too long.
Once he left,Khushi tied both the ends of her dupatta behind her back.
Arnav: Why did you do that?
Khushi: So that the dupatta doesnt fly in the wind!
Arnav: You know what? I like it when your dupatta flies in the wind!
Khushi: Ya but I dont like it! Once it went.. (embarassed) straight on the driver's head! It seemed as if he had drawn a veil!
Arnav smiles as he imagines the scene in his head.
Khushi: You're smiling?! I was so embarassed that day! From then onwards,whenever I sit inside a rickshaw,I tie my dupatta behind my back. And.. I also tie my hair.
She gathered her hair above her haid and tied a free style bun.
Arnav: Why? Did the hair land on the driver's head as well?!
Khushi: No! They..
She stopped when the driver returned.
Arnav knudged her once he started driving.
Arnav: Tell me..
Khushi(whispers): I've applied lipstick so when my hair fly all over my face,they get stuck to the lipstick. And then I have red or pink lines on my face. And those who see me ask "what happened,Khushi? Whats that.. red mark on your cheek?"
Arnav: So you've experienced that as well?
Khushi: hmm.
Arnav: Still you prefer to travel in a rickshaw!
Khushi(whispers): Ya,so what?! Why shouldnt I,Arnavji? The rickshaw does not have any flaws! BTW,this is our first rickshaw ride!
Arnav: Yup! But I still dont know why you wanna go home in a rickshaw?
Khushi: I told you na? You'll get to know everything once we're home.
Arnav(gives up): Okay,I'll wait. Meanwhile..
He indicated his shoulder through his eyes.
Khushi shook her head,declining the offer of resting her head on his shoulder.
Arnav: Fine! As I told you this mornin,you may have a problem with that but I dont have any problem!
He shifted slightly and placed his head on her shoulder,even though Khushi tried to prevent him from doing so.
She knew that the driver could spot them,thanks to the rear view mirror.
Khushi(thinks): We must look like Romeo-Juliet! This Arnavji is too much! You should be thankful,Khushi! Till now he has.. only placed his head on your shoulder. If he.. places an arm.. around.. your waist,you're gone!
She was glad when he did not do anything apart from kissing her shoulder before he lifted his head off it.
Khushi grabbed a few of the shopping bags and went inside Shantivan even before Arnav had paid off the driver.
Arnav: Whats wrong with her?
He followed her as fast as he could but still could not match up to her.
When he entered the living room,he found Anjali waiting for him.
Anjali: How was it?
Arnav: It was nice! I had a good time! Where did Khushi go?
Anjali: She went to the bathroom..
Arnav(thinks): Oh,I see! No wonder she wanted to reach home as fast as possible!
Anjali: Why dont you freshen up,Chhotey? I'll prepare your coffee in the meantime.. 
Arnav(smiles): Thanks di!
When Arnav entered the bedroom,he found Khushi exiting the bathroom with a worried expression.
Arnav: What happened?
Khushi: That which was expected!
Arnav: Meaning.. what?
Khushi: I've got.. my periods.
Arnav: What the..!?
Precap:
Arnav: Babuji,why do you wanna sell the Lucknow house?
Babuji: I & Garimaji wont leave jiji alone so we cant go & stay in Lucknow. And then.. the house has suffered some damages ever since we left it. The interior walls have got seapage and the paint has come off them. The exterior walls are covered in moss. The roof is leaking and the tiles are making noise. If it stays locked like that,it'll get totally ruined. Thats why.. I've thought of.. selling it to Banwaarilal.
Arnav: Who's Banwaarilal?
Babuji: He's my friend and neighbour. His son got married recently and so he's on the lookout for a separate house for bitwa. If he gets a house in the same neighbourhood,then it will be better for him. And for me as well coz Banwaarilal is an honest,decent man! I dont mind selling my house to him. Niether would Garimaji or the daughters mind it.
Arnav: Dont sell the house to him,babuji..
Babuji: But Arnav babu,selling the house to an unknown man..
Arnav(interrupts): If you really wanna sell the house,then we'll buy it. We as in me & Aakash..

Kindly ignore typos & mistakes. Next update on Sunday,6th December.

P.S. Views expressed belong to the characters,not the author. No offense intended.

ipkkndank thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Lovely update dear :) Beautiful :D