Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: custodian75

The general is so concerned about Paro and treats her like his own daughter.

But I still cannot understand Paro. It is not like everything is over. I fact the boy has not even seen her. Not every alliance which comes acroos will result in marriage. By now she must have understood that for geetanjali mam her happiness is more important.

Mala is so blind in her love or is she not ready to face reality and giving excuses.

Both the general and his wife are very fond of Paro. She has managed to carve a place for herself in their family.
Paro is a simple girl inspite of all that she has faced, there will still be moments of self doubt and confusion from time to time. You understand her frame of mind better in the next chapter.
Mala is pure selfish, as long as Tejawat took care of her well, she didn't pay too much attention to his actions. She just accepted his justification for going against the country like all his employees.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: custodian75

I totally agree with u about Mala. I feel they somehow twisted the whole thing just to make her look good.

It was just for TRP sake. The serials with sweet mothers and their darling sons where doing well, so they changed it, is what I feel. But Rudra was never a darling to anyone other than Paro and he was never meant to be one. And Mala needn't have moved back into the Ranavat Haveli.
kulfi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awww... our major's thoughts are fully occupied by paro now... even wen he is fired by his superior he cant stop thinking abu herπŸ˜†πŸ˜†... Nd I agree wid u 100% tht mala wud not have been totally blind abu the illegal business her lovable husband was dng... Blind in luv i suppose... Good update... πŸ˜ƒ
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: kulfi89

Awww... our major's thoughts are fully occupied by paro now... even wen he is fired by his superior he cant stop thinking abu herπŸ˜†πŸ˜†... Nd I agree wid u 100% tht mala wud not have been totally blind abu the illegal business her lovable husband was dng... Blind in luv i suppose... Good update... πŸ˜ƒ

Rudra is suffering from loveria what to do πŸ˜‰ .
Yup love is blind. As long as her happy bubble was not disturbed she let him do what she wants.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Chapter 43

Rudra spent the entire day at the border keeping a look out for Tejawat and interrogating all the craftsman who were coming for the fair. Most of them looked innocent but he made sure that his men had been thorough. His thoughts turned to what the general said. He was being plain silly. His Paro was going through a tough time, how can he stay away from her? What if the visiting doctor misbehaves with her? What if she is forced to marry that man? Surely no man will be blind to her beauty or charm. The doctor will definitely loose his heart to her the minute he sees her. Then what will happen what will Paro do? Surely she prefers him over anyone else but does she have the courage to say No or will her upbringing hold her back. He hated that the suitor was still in the picture. Maybe this is just the general's way of complicating his life. Tejawat's capture was important he understood that but Paro's happiness mattered too. He could still feel her lips on his cheek from last night. Why was his senior so blind to their longing for each other? Maybe he preferred the gentle doctor to him especially how things changed since the function at his home. Well if that was the case he doesn't mind making the rumours true and stealing her from the mandap. And this time he will do it before they exchange garlands. He will be the only one garlanding his adharmi patni.

Pondering on his boss's insanity gave him a headache. He needed a break from border duty. He left the patrol and visited Jetpur, a village nearby. He saw that there was this newly opened dhabha. He looked about for sometime and then ordered a plate of roti and sabzi. The waiter brought burnt food and he was annoyed. "Do you expect to get paid for this?," he asked him. The waiter replied that the owner had specially made this for him. He looked over his shoulder and noticed her, his former mistress winking at him.

"Laila!" he fumed as she walked up to him smiling. "Khama ghani Kuwarsa" she greeted him and signalled the waiter to leave. He narrowed his eyes and asked her what she was doing here. She replied that since he doesn't need her anymore, she has gone back to someone who does. "I don't have the time or patience for your nonsense" he pushed her out of the way. "We used to be friends once Rudra, do I mean nothing to you now," she asked him softly. She had ensured that they never go back to being friends when she attacked Paro the first time. And now after the damage she had currently done, he didn't even want to look at her. Laila couldn't help but laugh, "Did the poor innocent believe me when I said that I wanted to get back with you? She is so gullible isn't she. What will I do with you when you yearn for her with every fibre of your being? Even if I force you to come back to me, it won't be the same. You'll want her and no one else." He sighed, "Then why did you approach her. Do you know that she doubts me now?" She smiled and told him, that the girl she met never had any doubts about how she felt about him or his feelings for her. She just didn't understand how she fit into the picture. His happiness was the only thing that mattered to her. She had never seen or heard of any woman loving a man so much. That's why she couldn't bring myself to tell her the exact nature of their relationship. "You changed all that, Laila. Now her family is waiting to welcome a new man into her life," he yelled at her. She shook her head, "Looks like your informant isn't well connected. Else you will know that Tejawat has threatened the visiting family with dire consequences if they enter Jaipur city, let alone meet your Parvati." He was shocked to hear this why would Tejawat care. She continued, "We are the villains in your story, Rudra. We cannot let you both be happy. I can't watch you with her and he can't see her having a prosperous future when she has destroyed his."

He looked away when he noticed a strange man staring at them. "Who is that?" he asked. She looked over her shoulder and waved at the man who smiled back. "His name is Govind. He is my fianc," she told him excitedly. He was surprised to see her blush. "Our wedding was fixed years ago. But I never made it to the mandap. I wanted a life of danger and adventure and not domesticity. So I ran away to avoid marriage and all its trappings. But Govindsa honoured our relationship. You know Rudra, when my father died. He built this dhabha from the land we owned just to support my mother. He didn't have to, but he still did simply because he loves me and wanted to wait for me to return home. I think I am starting to love him back too," she elaborated. Rudra smiled at her for the first time since they met. It was good to see her at peace after everything that happened. "When is the wedding?" he asked. "Next week, you should come. Bring Parvati too," she invited. He shook his head, she still burns food and he never wants to go back to that. "I know, you will relish only Paro's cooking now. Go, go get your bride" she laughed. He beamed, that was his plan. Govindsa came up with a plate of nice soft rotis and curry, "Leela had told me that you are her old friend who prefers burnt food. But I can't see bad food served in my dhabha. Please help yourself to this instead." He smiled at the man and took the plate from him. They chatted for awhile before Rudra had to return. "Please visit us again when you're in these parts. If you're busy, we'll even send food for you to your post," the man kindly offered. Rudra was happy, his crazy friend Laila had become Leela again, the way it was meant to be.

He drove towards the fair at Sanganer to check on the arrangements. He was able to relax about his personal life now. If the doctor was a no show, she won't have to meet any other man. He could focus on catching Tejawat for now. He laughed thinking how the crook managed to help Paro and him by his interference. He can get his father to approach the general regarding his wedding to Paro. He needed a breakthrough to put him in a good mood. If his calculations are correct, this fair was the stage where Tejawat would act out his plan. At the last fair during Shivratri, he was distracted by fake guns and lost Paro. This time if his guess is right, Tejawat was using Paro's matchmaking as a distraction while planning his own escape. He didn't know how much to trust Laila. But she was correct about how they felt about each other. He was confident that this time she will be his bride and no one else's. He parked his jeep and noticed immediately that some of the shopkeepers became vigilant. There was one shop which sold ghagras of different colors and hue. The shopkeeper was taking an order over the phone for all the red ones in the shop. He walked up and asked, "Is your customer's favourite color red? Why is he so particular about it?" The shopkeeper gulped seeing the uniform clad officer. "Its... for a bridal shop. So they want red," he stuttered. Rudra nodded and moved about. The red ones seemed ordinary, commonplace. There were better lehengas in other colours, he observed. It was late, he had to get home. Maybe his bhabhisa will have tidings of Paro's evening. There was a muddy path that led towards his home quickly, the one Sumer recommended a while back. This decision reminded him of the farmhouse on this route, the one with a tunnel. He never found out where it leads to. Maybe he could stop there for sometime. He called Aman for directions and was pleased to know that the junior officer was with Paro. She might need his support, not being very good at revolting against elders in the family like he was.

Soon he found the place and parked his jeep away from general view. He went closer and in the evening sun, he noticed tracks. He quickly took out his flashlight and observed they ran deep, most likely belonging to a small truck or van of kind. What would any vehicle be doing here? Sumer had been certain that this place was not in use any more. He proceeded towards the hidden tunnel grabbing his flashlight. But didn't switch it on, after all it never hurts to be too careful. He walked in the dark for a few minutes when he noticed a light through a slightly open door. He released the safety on his pistol and threaded in carefully. "Aaah!" he screamed as he fell back in pain, he turned around to get a look at his assailant, a blurry vision of a woman clad in a saree came into view. It couldn't be her, could it, he thought to himself as he collapsed on the floor.

Meanwhile at Jaipur, Aman knocked on Paro's door before entering her room. She looked beautiful in a coral pink saree like a princess. She wore a kundan necklace set with rubies and diamonds along with matching earrings. Except the sadness in her eyes she looked like a quintessential coy bride with downcast eyes. He sighed as his thoughts drifted to the other Parvati in his life, the sister who never became a bride. Paro looked up and recognized the look. She kept the maang tikka on the table and went up to him. "You shouldn't be so sad when you think of your sister. Remember what you told me she found relief from her pain," she consoled him. Death was the price of that relief he replied. "Yes, that means she is in heaven watching down at you. Bhaisa she will want to experience life through you, just like my friend Bindi would like to live on through me" she explained. He nodded in agreement and asked her to sit down, "I have to go now, there is some disturbance that has to be taken care of and Rudra Sir is not reachable. Will you be fine?" he asked. The blood rushed out of her face when the words Rudra not reachable hit her. "Don't worry, it happens when you travel across the desert, cell phone coverage isn't reliable all the time. He will call to check on things as soon as he reaches home. I want you to remember that it is ok to say no," he advised. "How can I say no? Won't it affect Maasi's reputation? In Birpur if a girl rejects a suitor, her family is ruined. How can I cause disgrace to them after they have treated me like family. The Sisodia family has been acquainted with them for years. Isn't it rude for me to say no at this point?" she argued. In Birpur, people chose a bride using a snake and then married her off to a man they had never heard of, he thought to himself. "Here, in Jaipur, people are different. They realise that only if both parties are interested the marriage will be a success. Trust me, I have rejected 7 proposals before saying yes to Kavya and this includes Mrs. Sisodia's daughter. Although that wasn't my fault. Shatabdi wanted me to turn down the proposal as she didn't want to marry a military officer. Anyway Geethanjali ma'am won't hold it against you. She will hound you for awhile as to why you didn't like her then move on to the next girl. But that won't be the case with you, everyone knows who holds your heart captive. As for the Sisodias, they won't be interested in a bride who is clearly in love with another man. Don't think that you are being rude, it's just the first meeting. It's not like you are backing out on the day of your wedding. Paro, your being honest about your feel. If you were confident about Rudra's love, would you have agreed to this meeting?" he asked. She thought about all he said and shook her head. "Then it's just a case of bad timing. Tell them, they won't hold it against you. They are must be nice people if they are friends with Geethanjali ma'am. They will all be happy for you," Aman advised. "Aman bhaisa, why do you like Kavya baisa?" she asked curious about the young woman. He felt a familiar blush rising to his cheek, "Why do you like Rudra sir?" It was her turn to blush but she fought the feeling and asked him once more, "She is going to be my Bhabhisa soon. At least now, you should tell me about her." He promised he will tell her soon but he had to leave his men were waiting. He had to reach the spot before her Rudra calls for an update. She bid him goodbye hoping that Rudra was alright. She felt for her rudraksh on her wrist forgetting that he had it, "Hey Bholenath, keep him safe."

firsttimehere thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Rithu , I havent read completely yet .. but I am very very happy you gave a very respectful closure to Laila πŸ˜Š  Laila needed a male paro in her life just like Rudra needed Paro to calm him down .. am happy Laila is at peace .. she deserves this much for sure πŸ˜Š
SPraba thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Brilliant closure for Laila. Very well written and i have nothing else to say
But who attacked rudra?
Hope Paro refuses the proposal and want aman to find rudra soon
Very nice story progression and cant wait to read more
Thanks for pm rithu
Hugs
prabha.abha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice update dear, I liked ur words so much, its shows the reality dear...happy Lila😳
kulfi89 thumbnail
Now Rudra is planning to kidnap Paro from mandap... As u said his loveria has reached its peak...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†... Hope laila.. i mean Leela is correct abu the Sisodia's... Rudra was hit by mala😲... now i m gonna be restless until i know abu the situation thts gonna brew up between Teju-mala-Rudra... Plz update soon
thakurpreeti thumbnail
Nice update rithu, u truly give importance to every character, nice written about laila, thank u for PM