Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: custodian75

For a moment ther I was confused as to when did Rudr get married? Dream sequence was lovely.

Thank you. Glad you liked it.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: SPraba

Lovely chapter rithu

Parud missing each other😳

Plus I loved the entire Parud sequence with karthik.

Please continue and give the next update soon

Thanks for pm

Thanks Prabha. I will post the next update tomorrow.
ICanDoThis thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I will visit forum to read ur ff sweetie

This was fantastic 

I didn't realise rudra was dreaming, I went back to prev ch in case I had missed something!
I had to read twice

Really well written and ur building it up brilliantly !

Samina 
Edited by LivesInHope - 9 years ago
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: LivesInHope

I will visit forum to read ur ff sweetie

This was fantastic

I didn't realise rudra was dreaming, I went back to prev ch in case I had missed something!
I had to read twice

Really well written and ur building it up brilliantly !

Samina

Thank you. Its still early to give into his attraction for Rudra. He will try his best to drive her away before he realises, he wants her by his side. The guy is a little crazy that way.
Keep reading and commenting on this thread.
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Rithu ,
 awesome update.
This Rudra is so fast went ahead of 5 years already😲 and had a son named Karthik and convincing Paro no more kids as he can not see her in pain... aaawww. so sweet.😳
Reading all this I thought I missed some chapters😲 when  Paro came home? when they got married? all questions at once then I paused and checked the 18th chapter.😆
I didn't missed anything so what is this and I continued to read and found out it's Rudra banna's dream😃 . So cute, you got me there.😆
Shanti trying to say Paro and it is her first word aaawww.😳
Paro feeling jealousy hmmm... nice to know.
But at the end why I'm suspecting something bad 😔 as I'm thinking Aman was not the one who talked in the phone.
Hope Paro will be safe.
Now I'm so impatient, Please update soon...

Susmitha
Edited by KhushiParo - 9 years ago
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhushiParo

<font color="#cc0000" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Rithu ,</font>

<font color="#cc0000" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">awesome update.</font>
<font color="#cc0000" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">This Rudra is so fast went ahead of 5 years already😲and had a son named Karthik and convincing Paro no more kids as he can not see her in pain... aaawww. so sweet.😳</font>
<font color="#cc0000" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">Reading all this I thought I missed some chapters😲when Paro came home? when they got married? all questions at once then I pausedand checked the 18th chapter.😆</font>
<font color="#cc0000" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">I didn't missed anything so what is this and I continued to read and found out it's Rudra banna's dream😃. So cute, you got me there.😆</font>
<font color="#cc0000" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">Shanti trying to say Paro and it is her first word aaawww.😳</font>
<font color="#cc0000" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">Paro feeling jealousy hmmm... nice to know.</font>
<font color="#cc0000" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">But at the end why I'm suspecting something bad😔as I'm thinking Aman was not the one who talked in the phone.</font>
<font color="#cc0000" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">Hope Paro will be safe.</font>
<font color="#cc0000" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">Now I'm so impatient, Please update soon...</font>

<font color="#cc0000" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">Susmitha</font>

Thanks Sushmita. Rudra has subconsciously accepted that Paro is important to him. Its his conscious mind and untrusting heart that will be the roadblock to their happiness.
Paro is starting to see him as a desirable man, she will start wondering soon if he likes her too. Her upbringing and his resistance will her challenge.
Somebody's else calling Paro? Wait till tomorrow 😉
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Chapter 20

Rudra was bent over a map of Jaipur. Sanganer was just 16 kms away from where Paro lived. The general's residence always had two guards on duty apart all the time. Two more were appointed after Paro moved there but still he couldn't be two careful. Tejawat was silent which means he was waiting and watching for the right moment to strike. Paro had only a constable with her when she went out, he wished he was with her instead or it would be best if she just stayed at home. Why did she have to flit around like a butterfly all the time. They don't live too long, didn't she know.

Even if Sumer's information was right, he needed more specifics. Could he trust his cousin to go to Sanganer on some pretext and help him track Tejawat? He already sent men to the godown and seized the parcel which had the required parts to assemble many guns. So he was being honest and did seem eager to help. What if he gets caught, will he be able to save himself. He never thought twice about the ways of his former informant, Laila. She was as cunning as they come. He didn't even if want to know what sleazy deals she made to get out of tight spots. Sumer was different, whether he liked it or not, he was family. He needed the perfect alibi to make it look like Sumer has nothing to do with BSD operations. That's the only way this will work.

"Aman, there is a farm near Sanganer I need you to search" he said as soon as he saw the younger officer enter his cabin. He briefed him on what Sumer told him and about his offer. Aman was excited about the new lead. He thought Sumer could help as he seemed to be shrewd and will be able to handle tough situations. Even otherwise we can get some of the BSD men based in Jaipur to keep an eye on him. "Ok Aman, lets go to the farm now" he said.

Aman wanted to wait as Paro was coming over, she wanted to show him something. "Have you lost your mind, why is she coming here? Don't you know that Tejawat wants her dead since the press conference? She is the prime witness in the case, Aman",he spun around livid. He told him to call her and tell her to stay at home. They can go meet her later. Aman told him that it was important. But Rudra didn't have the patience to listen. They had to focus on Tejawat so that he didn't have to worry about Paro every second of his life. "Aman, our priority is to capture Tejawat. Nothing else matters" he told him clearly and grabbed his keys to head out. "I'm sorry. Its my fault to think you can help me with something. But I'm just a witness I should have known better. Its obvious that I'll shouldn't have come to you" she said in a small yet firm voice. He turned around to see Paro, dressed in a yellow and red bandhani saree at his door. She looked beautiful. She looked furious.

He stepped closer, "Paro," she turned to leave abruptly. He pulled her back and she crashed into him. He looked into her eyes, it was different from the night before. Now there was no warmth in them, just blazing fire waiting to scorch him. The last time she looked at him this way, was when he announced that they would be married in four days. She had grabbed him by his collar that day and shouted at him for pushing her into a situation she didn't welcome. She probably wanted to do the same today and would have if not for Aman's presence. She shoved him back and asked him to stay away from her. He hated it when she did that, it always managed to raise his temper.

"I have more reason to be angry with you. So loose the attitude" he told her, trying to control his anger. It was getting tiresome for her to be blamed for everything that went wrong with his life and his precious mission. Her only mistake was trusting Tejawat and she has already paid a heavy price for that. She told him that she just wants to put this entire nightmare to rest. He didn't like her choice of words, was he part if the nightmare too. Did she still see him as the man who set her on fire?

"What did you want to show me?" he asked in a cold, impersonal tone. She showed him the letter and told him it wasn't written by her mamisa. Aman confirmed that it was in Tejawat's handwriting and that they doubted that the suicide was faked to cover up the murder. Rudra read through the letter, "You may be right Aman. But what is the point. The people Birpur already think he is their godfather protecting them from demons like us." Maybe he wanted to frighten Paro into silence so that she doesn't testify against him in court, reasoned Aman. "Killing her last remaining family member will not help, now she has nothing to loose Aman. If that was his intention, holding her hostage will do, why..." he stopped mid sentence as he saw Paro. "This is all your fault" his words shocked the young woman. "If only you had told all this earlier, we could have done something. After so many weeks nothing can be done to catch him, Paro all the clues would have been gone." He was the one who held back the letter, he could have done something earlier, she shot back. That was addressed to her, he had assumed it was a farewell note. He didn't think it was more important than finding her. His father was sick and she was missing. He couldn't pay attention to every single detail. He was too heart broken later when she choose to go to the general's home instead of his. But he couldn't explain this to her. He wasn't ready to admit that something within him was softening, not even to himself. "I'm talking about bhabhisa's kidnapping. She wasn't the target Paro, you were. Tejawat's men were behind it. They would have been caught before Shivratri itself. And you nev..." He didn't care, she yelled out before he could finish his sentence. "As soon as we realised what happened, I begged kakisa to tell you. I trusted that you will help, even though you claimed that none of them mattered. But you told her that you didn't have the time" she finished softly. When was this, he didn't even remember talking to kakisa about bhabhisa. "It was when you were away on a mission and on your return called me Parvati Ru...", she stopped. He remembered that day well, he accidently filled her partition with sindoor and claimed her as his wife to her annoyance. He realised which call she spoke of, his kakisa had tricked him as usual and asked him about wedding clothes instead of telling him about this. No wonder she was mad at him that night.

"You didn't care about my jeeja that day and you don't care about my mamisa now. I have to find out why she died. I will do it with or without you" she said fiercely and walked out of the cabin. Aman ran after her, "Paro, you can't go alone. Don't you remember what happened the last time you were in Birpur?" But his warning fell on deaf ears as she just covered her face with her dupatta and told him not to worry, she will be fine. She had nothing to loose now, she reminded him of Rudra's words.

He had looked around the house that night, there was nothing to show it was not a suicide. The rope from the rafter was still hanging, no sign of struggle, the letter by a doll, he couldn't believe that it was a well planned murder. He should have enquired that night as to how it all happened. Maybe its not too late, he may still be able to find something. Paro wanted to go and he couldn't let her go alone. He ran after her, "Paro! Wait" he shouted. But she was too angry to listen to him or Aman. Finally he dragged her to his tent. "What are you going to do? Tie me up like the last time?" she asked. He ignored that remark and pulled a set of clothes from his cupboard. " If you are determined to go to Birpur, we are doing this my way" he handed it to her. It was what he wore during the sangeet. How could she wear this she asked him. "You need a good disguise if you want to step into Birpur. Don't give me such looks, you didn't mind when you had to pretend to be my fiance. You shouldn't be embarrassed to act like a boy." He gave a turban along with a fake moustache and left. She looked at clothes again, "Its ok Paro. Think of it as if its a play and you are acting like a prince, like Raja Dhola. It'll be fine." If this is the only way he will take her to Birpur, then she had to concede to his demand.

Paro changed and went to Rudra's office where an old bent man was giving instructions to Aman. "Let me know if you find something. And if the general asks about me, make up something. He won't like this." Aman assured him that he had gone to Delhi with Geethanjali ma'am, so they had a couple of days to wrap this up quietly. She wanted to laugh but held her tongue at his appearance and thought quietly that he is going to be attractive even when his hair was grey and needs a stick to support him. "Shall we go Kuwarsa?" he asked her politely.

On their way, he explained that she is going to pretend to be the only heir of a zamindar living in Udaipur and he is their servant. She wondered if he will take her orders. "No, this arrangement is to make sure that I can do the talking and you can pretend to be a proud and arrogant young man who isn't bothered about anyone else" he clarified guessing her thought. "So I should keep glaring at everyone and raise my voice every other minute," she asked unsure of the expected behaviour. That wouldn't be necessary, she can ape Aman and everyone will think she is the kindest and most wonderful person they had ever met.

Paro was worried and prayed that she is able to find the truth about mamisa's death. He saw her and gently held her hand and told her that he will make sure everything is fine. He parked a jeep near a shady looking dhabha and got down. What was he doing, her mamisa always from coming to this side of the village. There were dangerous and lecherous men who come here. Hey bholenath what is your namesake is upto, she thought and got out holding on to his rudraksh.

He ordered tea for them and walked around asking if there was a girl named Parvati living in this village. All conversations ceased at once and everybody stared at him. The dhabhawala took him to the side and told him. That is was dangerous to mention that girl's name in these parts. She betrayed our Thakursa's trust and destroyed his life. His men were still looking for revenge. He was glad the man kept his voice down. Paro would not like to hear this. He looked over at her, she wasn't comfortable. They had to leave soon.
The dhabhawala continued happy to find a patient listener. Her mamisa lost her mind soon after that. She actually thought that Raja Thakur was evil and her niece was right. That's why none of their daughters ever returned home. She wanted to go look for the officer who came with Paro long back, but we locked her up. Her grief had unhinged her mind poor thing. Rudra asked what happened to her, where was she now? "Their Thakursa, such a kind man, brought a doctor from the city, but she didn't let anyone help her. He spoke something in her ears and she grabbed him by his collar and pushed him away. The doctor then gave her something and she stopped screaming and collapsed probably out of sheer exhaustion. He sent us all away and stayed back with the doctor telling us that she doesn't need an audience. The next morning, when we got back, she was dead. Thakursa told us that she hung herself and left to arrange for the funeral."

Rudra was shocked, the villain killed her in broad daylight and sent everyone away conveniently to make it look like a suicide. He himself saw the frayed rope from the rafters and a fallen stool close by. He wished there was a way to confirm his theory. He asked if the police was informed. They laughed, in Birpur police don't have any work. They know that Raja Thakur will maintain law and order. How is he going to tell Paro of this? Did they need to go to the house? He thought for a moment. She didn't get a chance to say goodbye to her aunt. He walked up to her and asked, "Kurwarsa, do you need anything else?". She wanted to leave the dhabha and go to her mamisa's home. He told her softly that it is not worth it. "Rudra, I never got a chance to say goodbye to her. But I would like to go to the home we once lived in. I don't anything to remember her by. Please take me there, I only need five minutes, then we can leave" she told him softly.

Another man came up to them and asked why he wanted to know about Paro bhaisa. "I heard she is very beautiful and wondered if she would be a suitable match for my master's son", he spoke leading him away. The man shook his head, "She may be beautiful on the outside, but she has a dark treacherous heart. She was captured by the BSD and only after that we came to know how opportunistic she was." He clenched his fist as he thought how that was the exact opposite of what she was, how she stood upto him and defended their Thakursa. He prayed that she couldn't hear them. The dhabhawala added how she was engaged to the same officer who killed her husband and would have married him too if Thakursa hasn't intervened. But then she betrayed him to the BSD and ruined his reputation.

Rudra asked where she was now? Nobody knew and nobody really cared here, probably married that man and was living with him. The man went on to say that he was their landlord and that he had a daughter who was much more beautiful and more comely. In fact few years ago there was a performance of Dhola-Maro where both girls acted out the main characters. Paro wasn't even considered to play the heroine as she lacked feminine grace. His daughter will make a fine match for the young man. Rudra didn't expect this when he came up with his excuse. But he knew this was the good chance to go to the house again. So he grabbed the opportunity to go Paro's neighbourhood. He hoped she will be up for this.

Paro wondered what her old landlord was talking to Rudra for so long. He looked stressed which meant things were not going well. She wanted to listen but she heard Tejawat's name mentioned at the table next to her. Thakursa had sent word that he was in hiding but safe for now. He wanted to her captured soon, its the only way he could come home with his wife. The people planned to go to Chandangarh and kill Rudra too as he was the reason for all their troubles. He managed to charm her away from good sense and now their village was at stake. They had to handle him first. His death would be an example for all officers interfering in their affairs. Once he is out of the way they will have their revenge on Paro bhaisa as well.

Paro was shocked, her people weren't just against the BSD, but Rudra. He had become the face of their enemy. How could they be so cruel to kill the only person who was capable of bringing their daughters home. What if they succeed and she had given them a good chance by bringing him here. "Kuwarsa, I enquired about Parvati bhaisa. She doesn't seemed a suitable match for you. That has a daughter of the same age whom he suggests we meet. What shall I tell him?" his voice interrupted. She stared at him for a few moments before she tried to remember their act. Did he tell her about a suitable purpose for their visit? She looked over at her eager landlord, Gatu bhaisa's father. She was confused but decided to trust him. She nodded and he went off saying that he had to inform his master.

On the way to Gatu bhaisa's house, Rudra was describing the kind of girl his master wanted for his son. She must be kind and loving towards the family. She must be understanding towards her husband's needs. She must have her own hobbies to keep her occupied so that she does not become restless and nag him. She must be more than just a lover to him, must be friend when he wants share something. A mentor when he needs guidance and nurturer when he needs care. Basically a woman who will fill the home with love and warmth. Paro wondered for a moment he was talking about his version of an ideal wife and was disappointed that he was looking for all this in Gatu bhaisa. She knew the girl for a long time. She was just a pretty face who was too vain and self centred.

They had reached their destination and were introduced to Gautami immediately. She brought some laddoos which she had claimed to make herself. She couldn't even make a good cup of tea, but Paro ate it anyway as they were from her favourite shop. She turned towards Rudra who was biting into the laddoo too. She was annoyed, he usually avoided sweets and here was eating it happily. She observed him closely and wondered if he was enamoured by the girl in front of him. His phone rang and he picked it up and handed it over,"Kuwarsa, It's Bade Saab he wishes to speak to you."

Paro took the phone from him and stepped out. "Hello, Paro, it's me, Aman. Rudra asked me to guide you through the next part of the plan. Keep pretending that you are talking to your father" he said. He instructed her to sneak into her mamisa's house and see if anything is strange about the place. She agreed and went to her old home. The door was open, she stepped in carefully. The clothesline still had a mamisa's clothes. The house was dusty but everything was in place. She saw the drawings on the wall that she and her Nandu jija had made. Her cousin drew flowers everywhere and she added butterflies of every color. There was one of Rukmini over her bed and the shawl she made for her aunt draped over a chair. The lamp which burnt through the night keeping the dark away still hung on its nail. Their home had become such a cold and dreary place now. Where will she take her jeeja when she finds her? How will she explain all this.

Paro almost brushed her fingers over the pictures of her parents and her uncle hung on the wall. She missed them so much but stopped herself from touching it. She remembered from the letter was there a bundle left for her. She went to her mamisa's bed and looked under it. There was a bundle she took it with her and went to the jeep.

She was waiting near the jeep for Rudra to come out when Gatu bhaisa came out with a cup of tea. Her fingers lingered on the cup a little longer than necessary. She leaned into her and apologised when Paro stepped back from the forwardness of the girl. "I was told that this is first time in Birpur. Can I show you around? There is a lovely lake were the sunset is beautiful. Would you like to go there?" she asked. Paro wasn't sure what to say, this was the first time she had heard of the girl asking the boy for a private meeting. Thankfully Rudra had come out of the house and thanked their host. "I will show the photo to my master and if he is agreeable we will take this alliance further. Khamma ghani" he opened the jeep door for her and went to the driver seat. Paro just folded her hands and climbed in.

They drove in silence for awhile before Rudra pulled out an envelope from the bag he was carrying and gave it to her. As she looked inside, he teased, "Kuwarsa, let me know if you approve of your future wife. I can talk to your father, Zamindar Amandeep Singh for you". She didn't even bother looking at the photograph, just put it back glaring at him. She jerked off the fake moustache. How could he put in her such a position, she could barely act like a man and he went ahead to choose her bride. What was he thinking? He laughed and admitted that it wasn't his original plan. His intention was to them for them to listen to the local gossip and see what people knew of her mamisa's death. And he when her neighbour came up with an excuse to visit their home, he grabbed the opportunity. She should keep it safe, its the picture of the first woman who agreed to marry him. Things are like this are precious to a young man. She wondered if he had a picture of her, as she agreed to marry him, although a lifelong companionship was never the intention for either of them. She was glad that those days were behind her and they were both on the same side now. A lifetime with him, wouldn't be so bad.

Rudra took a box of mints from the dashboard and popped it in his mouth. "What is this?" she asked. He told her its just mints and offered it to her, "Your friend made me eat laddoos. I have to get the taste out of my mouth before I throw up." Her face broke into a radiant smile as she felt light. The darkness that had enveloped her heart since she saw her former home so desolate. "That is not a good thing. Ranavat was right, beautiful woman are no good" he whined. She laughed at that and told him that she found the bundle mentioned in the letter.

They had reached the desert and it was drizzling lightly. Rudra stopped the jeep, he took off his turban and wig. She got off and went to the back of the jeep where she had kept the parcel. He opened it carefully and found some jewels. "These belong to the Thakurain" she said. He took a pendant shaped like the sun in his hands. It was his, passed on from father to son at birth. He thought his father lost it. But she took it. Why?

Her hair slapped his hand gently as she shook it free from the turban she wore. He was mesmerised as he saw the rain drops fall on her luminous skin. Her eyes were closed as she took in the moment. He closed his own and tried to enjoy the moment with her. But his mind was flooded with images of the last time they both were drenched together, during their haldi. The way she trembled when he touched her, the way she was panting hard as he wiped off the haldi from her face, the way she clung to him as he washed her hands clean, the way her breathe felt on his hands as it brushed her bottom lip.

"Tick...tick...tick" he heard faintly. He looked again at the bundle, there was a bomb placed among the jewels and timer showed that they had less than a minute. He pulled the bag with all his strength, it was stuck. She pulled it too, but it didn't budge. "Paro, here take my phone and run. Aman will call soon. Tell him to come get you. Now go" he pushed her away. The rain was getting worse but neither cared. Paro didn't want to leave him behind. 20 seconds to go...she begged him to run too. He still struggled with the bundle not willing to give up. 10 seconds to go...she shouted at him for being stubborn in such a dreadful situation. 3 seconds to go...she grabbed his hand with all her might and pulled. BOOM! The bomb went off.
deepsel thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Res...😆😆😆 See I am stalking you even before ur PM...Will read once I am back

Sorry honey..I was dead tired and slept soon ..And weekends are usually very busy for me..thats y late response😳

Wow...U took me by shock with the ending Rithu...Good going👏👏...Never would have imagined RR in this way...Glad u r giving importance to the open loops of the original series..

I am liking this mature relationship b/w PARUD totally different from the original..also like the funny side of Rudra for a while..

I have started to looking forward to your FF now more..

Tick tick tick waiting for next week update soon😉
Edited by deepsel - 9 years ago
DevdasiSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I've actually been reading this FF since the beginning. I must tell you that I am hooked. 
What is happening?! A bomb?! Oh no! If Paro or Rudra die I am going to be forever depressed.

Can't wait until the next update!
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: DevdasiSingh

I've actually been reading this FF since the beginning. I must tell you that I am hooked.

What is happening?! A bomb?! Oh no! If Paro or Rudra die I am going to be forever depressed.

Can't wait until the next update!

Thank you. They are alive don't worry. I planned for them to have a long happy life and watch their grandchildren grow together. As for how alive they are, I'm not sure. Stuck on that part.