Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Zeeliciousxo

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2" color="#996666">I love the way this story is shaping up❤️You have closed so many interesting loops (PaRud talking about when they first met and why Rudra couldn't shoot her later on) and now you have made your own interesting twist in the story...mamisa's death. I am really curious to know how mamisa's murder (I'm assuming it's murder) will affect Paro and Rudra's relationship.</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2" color="#996666">In your story Rudra is sooo sweet!! I adore him! He is haunted and hurt but knows how to act like a gentleman and his demons do not eat him alive. He is very charming towards Paro. So sweet.☺️And I love how you have portrayed Paro to be so independent yet so innocent! Man how I wish RR could have gone the way you have written...If it had maybe we wouldn't be stuck with Myrah and Rudra today.😡</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2" color="#996666">Oh well...update soon...!!!😳</font>

Thank you. I always wondered why those two events Parud meeting each other for the first time and Rudra's hesitation to shoot her during the baraat massacre occurs in so many flashbacks but neither of them talk about it. So tried to explore that here.
Honestly, I still am on the fence about how to take mamisa's death forward and give it just the right amount of importance.
Regarding Rudra, this is how I wanted him to be. If his demons rule him all the time, how did become a successful military officer and not a depressed drug addict. In the start of the show, he was able to pull himself together except fo instances when dragged himself to Laila to forget his mother's actions. He had to be charming to Paro. She is his soulmate, unless he has a valid reason to be angry with her, he will give into his attraction.
Paro has to become independent since she doesn't have too many people to lean on. She is making new relationships but her strongest ties the ones she was born with, are gone for good. Normally situations like this force you to grow up. That's what I have tried to do with her without breaking her spirit.
Regarding the show and the Myrah and Rudra track, I'm not too worried about them. If they find love and build a new life together then I will be happy for them. My Parud are getting their happy ending after a long, peaceful, married life. If ST has another story to tell, I'm just going to watch it for the cast and crew.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepsel

<font size="3" color="#6600ff">Wow Rithu..You have turned a intense love story to a crime thriller😉..Loved the ending with suspense...Also love how Rudra and Paro make the conversation in more mature way..</font>

<font size="3" color="#6600ff">
</font>
<font size="3" color="#6600ff">Your story is really shaping up well...Good now Rudra realized how Paro can be independent and also how much she loves his family from the photo..Eagerly waiting for their realization of love for each other along with the tejawat mystery..Update sooner😳😳</font>

Thanks Deeps. The BSD angle is one of my favourite characteristics of the show. Its not fair to talk about how brave and intelligent Major Rudra Pratap Ranavat is and not investigate the crimes that have occurred.
Rudra needs to know that she is a strong person as that is a very admirable quality in our Paro. He also needs to regain faith in relationships before he is able to make one with her. So it is important to show that she still thinks fondly of the Ranavat clan and wishes for them to be a part of her life.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: custodian75

Lovely update. Both are communicating which is very necessary in any relationship.

Hope tomorrow is not too late.

Parud being open and honest each other was the best thing about their relationship no matter what the equation was.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: neet2407

Wonderful chapter Rithu! I loved how they both cared for each other and you tied up loose ends and lived Major Saab's flirtatious comment at the end and the injection of thriller at the end as Paro figures out what Tejawat has done

Waiting for the next part!

Thank you. Once the misunderstandings start to clear, its easy for Paro to show concern and for Rudra to give into his attraction. Paro is a smart girl, she will do everything possible to bring down and Tejawat.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: SPraba

Super update rithu. Sighs how i wish RR could hv been like this. So perfectly written. Like this rudra loads. Cnt wait to read more. Thanks for pm and hv a super weekend

Thanks Prabha. I like my Rudra more than ST's current Rudra. Have a good weekend.
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Lovely update Rithu. Loved their talk and their concern.
Glad you are not leaving Paro's family connections like in the serial.
Waiting for next chapter...
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhushiParo

Lovely update Rithu. Loved their talk and their concern.
Glad you are not leaving Paro's family connections like in the serial.
Waiting for next chapter...

I'm not sure if Paro's family are going to be a part of her life much. But their influence will be a constant part of her thoughts. Next chapter will focus on the return to Ranavat Haveli for Rudra.
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rithureuben

I'm not sure if Paro's family are going to be a part of her life much. But their influence will be a constant part of her thoughts. Next chapter will focus on the return to Ranavat Haveli for Rudra.

I know Rithu , no Mamisa now but she can express her feelings and how she lived with Mamisa and Nandini Jija right? I waited for these kind of scenes in serial I hoped they'll give some Paro childhood scenes with Mamisa, Nandini, bindi and thakurain but we didn't get it. 😕  
Thanks for PMs Rithu.

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Thank you all for your appreciation so far.Edited by rithureuben - 9 years ago
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Chapter 18
It was late when Rudra arrived at the Ranavat haveli but surprisingly the lights were still on. He was about to walk in when the soft voice of his bhabhisa stopped him, " Just a minute, devarjisa". She stood in front of him with a thali eager to welcome the warrior home. His uncle stood next to her with a garland. Dilsher looked on smiling at the awkwardness on his son's face. He usually came home to a drunk instead of being welcomed so graciously. Maithili put a tilak on his forehead after performing the aarti. He took his uncle's and aunt's blessings then went over to his father. "Did you have your dinner? And your medicines, you haven't stopped taking them right", he asked. His father teased him and said he was waiting for his son to return and feed him with his own hands as he was incapable of taking care of himself. Rudra remarked that he has his doubts since he doesn't look very healthy. "I am healthier than you. Look at you all skin and bone. It looks like you haven't eaten in weeks. Did you spend your time only working or what?" Dilsher asked. He hated the over zealous ways of his son when it came to BSD. He never bothered about anything other than his mission. He hoped this one was done with so that he will get a few days off.

"If Officersa is happy with his welcome, can we all eat our dinner?" Mohini enquired. Maithili and Sunheri rushed to set the table. Her husband rebuked her saying that she should be proud of her nephew, he has been decorated by foreign government for his services. "Wasn't Tejawat an Indian, why didn't you get a medal from our government for this mission", Sumer was curious to know. Rudra explained that he helped end the activities on other side of the border. But as long as Tejawat still roams free, his work here is not done. "It is taking time to catch him because of your personal involvement", said his aunt. She couldn't possibly know, did she? She never spared a single chance to scold his mother. Did she know that she was now Tejawat's wife?

"You were so distracted by Dhua kumari, you missed a lot of things", her voice broke through his thoughts. "No kakisa, I had to be careful especially since your phone number is in his diary which is our most important piece of evidence" he shot back. Her face paled and her husband was stunned. Danveer wanted to know what Rudra was talking about. "During Rudra's sangeet, Sumer found a man searching for Parvati who told him that his brother had kidnapped the girl and Tejawat was looking for her. We didn't know that he was a crook and that Rudra was in charge of her security. That's when he got hold of my phone number" Mohini clarified to her husband.

"Is this why Maithili ended up getting kidnapped? Was Tejawat behind this and Parvati the intended victim? Then why did she go with you Sumer to get her released" Samrat came up with his own set of doubts. Rudra was stunned, there was a kidnapping during his wedding and he never knew about it. Why didn't anyone tell him? He looked at his father, who revealed the whole story how his bhabhisa was taken away in the middle of the night and Paro had rescued her along with Sumer. He never thought about how his work will affect the lives of his family. Maybe he should have kept his professional life separate, he thought to himself. He guessed how Tejawat ended up at the mela, his aunt would have tipped him off. But he couldn't make an issue of it now, it was too late to do anything about it.

Danveer was flabbergasted at his wife's doings. He knew that she never cared about his brother and nephew but didn't expect her to pull such a dangerous stunt. Rudra told him to relax that he will take care of it. He also warned Mohini and Sumer, "Kakisa, I'm warning you. Whatever grievance you have against me, we will deal with it within these walls. My enemies are dangerous don't befriend them. They are not worth the trouble. I may not be able to keep you from jail for associating with terrorists the next time."

Sunheri came to tell them that it was time to eat. He called her and gave her the bag that Paro made. She was so happy that he considered her his sister and picked a gift for Raksha bandan, she hugged him. He was suprised at this but managed to pat her head awkwardly.

After dinner, the entire family have kheer in the courtyard and Samrat says, he has an announcement. "Maithili and I have decided to adopt Shanthi legally and I have started the process. She is a nice baby who deserves to have a loving family and not be dumped in an orphanage. I would like all of you to accept her into our lives" he said looking mainly at his mother who had the most reservations against adoption. Mohini who wanted to stop this but before she could say anything, Sumer picked up the child, "Finally, bhaisa you have given me a niece, that too such a sweet one" he said tickling the child. Sunheri wanted to share her kheer with the child but was stopped by Dilsher. "Sunheri let us stick to milk for now we can give her kheer when we do her annaprashan." His brother agreed and decided to call the pandit the very next day.

Sensing his mother's discomfort, Samrat sat next to her and asked, "What's wrong maasa, aren't you happy for me? I finally have a child of my own to call me bapusa. Isn't that what you wanted?" His mother shook her head and told him, she wanted him to have an offspring of his own flesh and blood. He interrupted her before her usual tirade against his wife began. "I know that's what you planned for me. But Maithili cannot bear children and I will not marry someone else just for a baby. I know you have such ideas sometimes. But it won't be right if I take such a step. I have a duty to my wife to be loyal to her inspite of her shortcomings just like she has been with mine."

Mohini was sad that his son was blinded by his love for his wife and didn't spare a thought for her needs. She reminded him of his duty to his family to provide an heir. She was scared that this child may grow up and leave him to fend for himself in his old age and that blood can be depended on. But Samrat knew that wasn't always true. "Look at Rudra maasa. He was the prince when we were all kids. He was always petted and pampered by his mother and his entire childhood was wrapped in thaisa's love. But she still left him and thausa. She didn't look back once at her only son or at you, her only sister. So was her blood ties not weak? Look at yourself maasa, after thausa left with Rudra, you worked so hard to build up the business and keep the house in one piece. You're bonds have nothing to do with blood. And neither does Maithili who spends all her time taking care of us. Why can't Shanti be like that too? Can't I give my wife this little joy? Think about this Maasa" he explained patiently to his mother.

Mohini couldn't argue with him, maybe it was time to let him go, she had lost him a long time back. He now needed to make his own decisions for his family which now included a little girl now. Danveer saw his wife in a pensive mood and came to her and asked "You still want a grandchild of your blood, don't you?" She shook her head, her son was happy and content. What more could a mother want. She saw her children embrace an orphan and make her their own.

"I'll come with you to see the pandit tomorrow. I want to start looking for a bride for Sumer" she told her husband. He smiled gently, she had moved on to the next baby project already. "Isn't he a little young for marriage? Let's wait for some more time" he told her. She didn't think it was early at all, Rudra was of the same age and he almost got married. Why not Sumer, he is good looking, comes from a respectful family. She will start looking tomorrow itself. Maithili overheard them talk and agreed with her mother-in-law, "Sumer bhaisa has become very responsible of late and look how well he handled Shanthi, if he gets married soon, he will soon have a child of his own and my little girl will have a playmate too" she said excitedly. Mohini was glad her older daughter-in-law was on board. But her husband didn't agree with them, "Let him get a job first, then we can think of his marriage." He walked off preventing further discussion on the subject. "Don't worry Maajisa, from tomorrow let him go for work with his brother. He is very smart he will pick up the trade in no time" she tried to soothe Mohini. But Mohini knew her son well, his head was filled with Jaipur dreams, how will he learn anything else.

"How was the party? Did you meet anybody I know" his father casually asked Rudra. He was surprised, his father hated his work parties, especially ones which made him return late. Infact he hated everything about his job the late hours, the long missions and dreaded the day that he will receive a telegram informing of his death. "Aman was there, along with VK Singh Sir and his wife", he answered. His father was irritated, he wanted to know if he met any girls. "No, Geethanjali ma'am was busy with Aman this time. So she didn't introduce girls to me" he said trying to avoid the topic his father was bringing up. His evening with Paro was special, he didn't want to share it with anyone. His father guessed that he was being difficult on purpose. "Did you meet Parvati beendani?" he asked. When did she become his beendani, Rudra wanted to know but didn't ask though his eyes narrowed. Misreading the expression on his son's face, Dilsher raised his voice, "I hope you didn't shout at her again. I will whack you if I come to know that you upset her. Don't think I won't find out." His son just walked away quietly trying to keep his face straight thinking of how wonderful the evening was with Parvati beendani by his side. "Rudra dev, I'm talking to you!" his father's voice boomed through the corridors as he walked off.

Something had happened at that party. He knew it. His son hated such parties. His boy will go to war happily but not this. And instead of being stone drunk, he returned home sober and let the family indulge in their own celebrations. He even had kheer which he usually avoided like the plague. Was it because he met Paro again? Maybe that's the reason for his calm. That girl understood his son so well. If only he gives her a chance, she fill his life with all the happiness that he lost due to him and his wife.

It was almost daybreak, when Rudra returned to his room. To his annoyance, Sumer was waiting for him. "My head is hurting. I don't have the patience for your nonsense. Leave" he tried to throw him out. But his cousin was not perturbed, "Headache? Must have been some party at Jaipur. Do you want an antidote for your head, Sumer special. Though you don't look drunk, must be some girl." He rambled on inspite of the lethal looks he was receiving.

"Ok, Rudra banna, I'll get to my doubt straight away. How much will your BSD pay for information regarding the Tejawat case" he asked. Rudra was curious but didn't want to show it. He was a little miffed at the family keeping the kidnapping quiet. "You are not smart enough to know anything worthwhile" he told his cousin. "Doesn't matter how smart I am, I'm still luckier than you when it comes to this case. I was the first one who knew that someone was looking for Paro", this got Rudra's attention. Sumer went on to tell him how he found Tejawat's man lurking around Paro's room during their sangeet. And if he hadn't caught him. Rudra's Paro would be taken away from him that night itself. Rudra knew this was true, his sixth sense had told him something was wrong that night, he thought it was only Laila. That girl was such a mess, its a good thing he got out of her snares before it was too late. She liked to keep him in the dark while he was drawn to the light and struggled to reach it.

Sumer kept on babbling about how he rescued Maithili bhabhisa with Paro's help. He knew the men who worked for Tejawat and also knew that all of them were not in BSD's custody. "Why are you telling all this now, when its of no use? What didn't you tell me this before?" Rudra yelled, his temper getting the better of him. Sumer replied that he didn't know that Tejawat was a terrorist and believed his henchman that Rudra was being cruel in keeping the girl who was like a daughter from Tejawat. Besides now he has new information, but he also had a price. Rudra thought about it but why couldn't Sumer just do the decent thing and just tell him. "Just go Sumer. If you don't want to do the right thing and help those who serve the country, there is nothing I can do. Its a pity you take up after kakisa and not kakosa" he sent him on his way. His cousin paused at the door and said in all seriousness, "I want to help but I also need the money. Very badly."

Rudra couldn't sleep yet, his thoughts were wrapped up with the lovely lady he spent the evening with. There was a different aura about her, the bitter experience that would have broken any other soul had made her stronger, more wiser. She still had the same kindness but she was more wary of the people around her. She was more careful about whom she mingled with. It didn't matter much anyway, she didn't avoid him. He looked at hand and smiled thinking of how worked up she got at a simple cut. She obviously cared about keeping her rakshak away from anything that caused him pain. Grabbing a kurta, he went for a shower. He paused for a moment as he noticed, it was the blue one, the one she wore, the one which still had her scent. He knew it was time, to make new memories with her and erase the old, painful ones. His captive was winning the challenge, she was waking the man and lulling the Jallad to sleep. And one day she might even bring him to his knees, but it won't be for forgiveness, of this he was sure.