Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 months ago

Zoya is so pretentious 

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

Although I haven't watch the trailer, I also think that it is thought as an ensemble cast...and good journalistic reporting should respect all of them equally.

In this case, it's really the media (social, too) who focus on the star-kids.

I bet, not many even did research work about Vedang Raina, Mihir Ahuja, Aditi Saigal and Yuvraj Menda.

When the movie has released and been watched, there is still ample time to focus on the performances.

I guess, Vedang has already got attention and Mihir already is known as a good actor. Aditi (Dot) seems to be an interestingly creative artist and Yuvraj is interested in fashion.

From the teaser (long time ago) I had a good impression of their dynamic.

However, I really wondered what Zoya was gaining by taking so much time with the release....

Strong feeling, Vedang Raina might pull a Sidharth Malhotra from SOTY, who managed to overshadow the 2 star kids back in the day....Mihir kaun hai? Jughead?

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: VirginiaPlath

This is my fifth film, this is not my first rodeo. You’ve seen my work, and I cast to what I think will work for the film, and will work for when you’re doing a theatrical for your budget. You have to balance it out. This was a Netflix film, I had no pressure. I could’ve cast anybody, and honestly, I didn’t need to do anything for once,” she said.

How cute. She wants public to believe that she has Suhana, Agastya and Khushi in the movie because they were suitable for the movie and not because they were starkids. smiley36

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Clochette

Although I haven't watch the trailer, I also think that it is thought as an ensemble cast...and good journalistic reporting should respect all of them equally.

In this case, it's really the media (social, too) who focus on the star-kids.

I bet, not many even did research work about Vedang Raina, Mihir Ahuja, Aditi Saigal and Yuvraj Menda.

When the movie has released and been watched, there is still ample time to focus on the performances.

I guess, Vedang has already got attention and Mihir already is known as a good actor. Aditi (Dot) seems to be an interestingly creative artist and Yuvraj is interested in fashion.

From the teaser (long time ago) I had a good impression of their dynamic.

However, I really wondered what Zoya was gaining by taking so much time with the release....

But that’s not how the PR works. They are given the task of hyping up their respective clients and hype them up they shall. It’s the money and influence which gets the most attention these days, very rarely the actual talent. And by the time the audiences wake up from their trans, the actor would’ve already made the inroads. The actors who still cannot do much despite all the propping up will eventually fizzle out. 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Fantasy Force

Lol nepotism is now normalized. Why does she need to give excuses? It exists. Just accept it.

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I like Zoya because she made ZNMG but please woman, you should shut up after casting faces like Suhana and Khushi and etc like they’re not even good looking leave having talent. I’m sorry if I sound mean but outsiders who are called ‘ugly’ never get leading roles and even if they get they’re not heroes, and look what Zoya madam is smoking .. 

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Like as if the media operates on their own without the actors’  PR. They will sing the songs of whoever pays them because hey nothing comes for free. Media is just the visible part of it but is Zoya telling us she has no clue about how the PR works? I always had the impression that she was a very genuine person, apparently it’s too much to expect f om a film personality.

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: VirginiaPlath

Strong feeling, Vedang Raina might pull a Sidharth Malhotra from SOTY, who managed to overshadow the 2 star kids back in the day....Mihir kaun hai? Jughead?

When did Sid M overshadow Alia and Varun? 😮

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MiVida_Messi

When did Sid M overshadow Alia and Varun? 😮

For the lack of the better word I used overshadowed but back in the day he was undeniably the most popular one in the SOTY, Alia came in limelight only after her KWK faux pas and VD after his b2b hits but Sid Mal was a rage amongst the female and teen audience post SOTY till Ek Villain then he screwed it all up with his wooden acting, Vedang gives me similar vibe and outsider bhi hai with a Dharma film in his line-up already smiley36

Edited by VirginiaPlath - 5 months ago
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Zoya, you cast the three starkids as the three main characters, archie, Betty and Veronica, they got the most screen time in the trailer, in the song va va voom its all about the three starkids, so its not equal 

And the three starkids also have strong pr's and teams, suhana especially, suhana already has magazine covers and brand deals, already they have so much more exposure.

So zoya, you knew the three starkids would get alot more attention and you still cast them, so thats not on the media, that's on you 

Edited by zara321 - 5 months ago