Anybody else disturbed by the political message of Archies?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 months ago

I'm glad to see more people seeing through Hacktar's shallow filmmaking. Truly lacks even an iota of self-awareness. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

I'm glad to see more people seeing through Hacktar's shallow filmmaking. Truly lacks even an iota of self-awareness. 

maturity is when you realize harminder from BOI isn’t that bad smiley36 compared to some of these people 

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I have not watched the movie but from the reels nothing about this movie reminds you of India or Indian culture. 

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

I have not watched the movie but from the reels nothing about this movie reminds you of India or Indian culture. 

Same. Haven't watched the movie but from the trailer itself, it felt like some version of a slice-of-life story in an idyllic French town.

I still don't get this yearning that some of these Bollywood elites have for the Raj. I know that Bollywood folks were insiders within the Raj camp back in the day. But this obsessive desire to distinguish peasant India from anglophile India is rather sus. It's been more than 70 years. Why still yearn for a sophisticated, Anglo-India?

It's amazing how folks like SRK backed this project.

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Idk. I never read too much into such bollywood movies. There are other things to worry about rather than a random teenage song and dance flick. Sometimes people just overthink. Or they have have agendas. Or they have a lot of free time to think negative. You know like those politicians when they dont get any topic to divide people they start zabardasti ghusaoing capitalism race caste religion language into every matter at hand. This reel sounds just like that

smiley23

Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Not really there was none. This is just an overthinking overreach…but Zoya’s issue is Zoya herself. She draws from her experience and worldview and it doesn’t click. 

Secondly for the comment above me. It isn’t about Anglo Indians. She just did it to appease western sentiments. Anyway it’s a movie that one shouldn’t waste time thinking about and looking for hidden agendas 

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Problem is only when Sandeep Reddy Vanga does it. At least he is honest and direct about it.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I think it’s less about what Zoya intends to show but more about how shallow the filmmaking is that she misses the obvious implications of her films. Gully Boy has a similar problem, where the lead is painted a darker color to depict the ‘poor India’, you have nepo-kids themselves rapping lines about how nepo-kids take away opportunities and then completely sanitize any politics out of what is a very political genre. Luck By Chance and Archie’s have similar issues. 

ZNMD and to some extent DDD works, because it’s just rich and pretty folks in expensive and pretty locations. Nobody is going to read into those films, because there isn’t anything to read into. 

NoraSM thumbnail

I was disturbed by Suhana's attempt at dancing