Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 10 months ago

In YouTube comments, many are crushing over chashmish guy Yuvraj Menda. Lekin uska instagram profile dekhkar yahi log shock me padenge😂.

kar08 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

I mean, I honestly don't think Ooty in the 1950s was filled with boys wearing berets and waistcoat and girls wearing full skirted dresses, driving around in Jalopies and hanging out at the local soda bar (if even such a place existed). 

But the real problem is the cast. They are all singularly bland and uninspiring. There is no face recall for any of the boys, they all seem to blend into one another. And I can't imagine what possessed Big B's grandson to enter films, he looks like his uncle when he debuted (awkward and gawky) and will likely meet the same fate. 

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

The problem that I have with Netflix shows like this one and its Indian remake of Elite (Class) is that I have a hard time distinguishing between the male actors.

I remember watching Class and getting confused between two particular male characters, the actors seemed cast in the same mould. Has a jarring effect on the storytelling when you can't even figure out who is who in an ensemble cast. Nowadays actors and actresses don't have any star quality or distinct screen presence or charisma at all. They are all clones of the same beauty standard and are chiselled and adhere to a particular prototype.

And somehow I don't get the buzz around Akhtar's films, it is always full of posh-people-angst. The way she portrays these elite characters, they seem completely unrelatable and even un-Indian in terms of their overall look/manner of speaking...B. Rangan also points it out in his review of Dil Dhadakne Do. 

https://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2015/06/06/dil-dhadakne-do-its-like-watching-paint-dry-only-inside-a-palace/

That's why this one is going to be a pass for me.

Edited by Amri_IF - 10 months ago
atominis thumbnail

Being fair is NOT  a problem and it  is hilarious if one calls it reverse racism. 🤣

It is a fact Indians are not that pale skinned.

Even people from Kashmir and Northeast are different kind of fair, they have a pinkish tinge on cheeks which is natural in people from mountain areas.

The persons shown in Archies promos are pale like wannabe Whites in foreign films.

Fairness in Asian countries is different. 

I do not undestand how is it racism to say that these faces do not even have Asian style fairness.

Hrithik, Ash, Kapoors are also fair and light eyed. Most Pakistanis are fair. No one says they do not look Indian.

There is a reason why only these artificial pale faces were called out. Try and be more nuanced than get defensive and support hollow excuses given by the maker just to defend star kids of fav actors starring in the series/film.

Asian faces have a typical pinkish or brownish or yellowish tinge on their face no matter how fair they are. This is what distinguishes their fairness from Whites abroad. I hope I made my point clear. Faces in Archies promo are too much like wannabe Whites.

Edited by atominis - 10 months ago
atominis thumbnail

I am glad I am not the only one who thought of Abhishek when I first saw Agastya's pics few years ago.

The boy has no spark to be a film actor or hero. 

That charisma and confidence are missing.

Navya had eye catching spark about her. Agastya does not.

He looks serious and more suited to join dad's business or be a writer like Harivanshrai Bachchan than be a hero. Or probably he can make it as a serious actor in offbeat films.

I do not see him suitable for action or naach gaana like a typical hero.

He does have resemblance to Abhishek in terms of face shape and personality.

Supari_khala thumbnail

Originally posted by: Flyonthewall02

Aryan ko leti na picture mein ye sabko hamku dekhna hi nahi hai 

Makkhi you’re so cute! 🤗Made me chuckle. Hope you’re doing well, bud.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

Mine is anecdotal too. Taking references from my dad who grew up during the late 60s to 80s in one of the metros of India and google. Burger largely happens to be an American staple which apparently Europe detested and even had a brief ban before it made a came back

My family largely from Bombay claims burgers to be prevalent in India. As a child in the eighties, I too remember having burgers and fries at restaurants well before McDonald's came to India.   

@Bold, not quite. For sure it was never banned. But there is quite some history between natives of Hamburg (after whom the hamburger is named) and German American immigrants. While the fast food burger is basically an American staple - the concept of ground meat between slices of bread is quite universal. 

OriginalJuhi_04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

My family largely from Bombay claims burgers to be prevalent in India. As a child in the eighties, I too remember having burgers and fries at restaurants well before McDonald's came to India.   

@Bold, not quite. For sure it was never banned. But there is quite some history between natives of Hamburg (after whom the hamburger is named) and German American immigrants. While the fast food burger is basically an American staple - the concept of ground meat between slices of bread is quite universal. 

Good that some members whose ancestors lived in cities are opening up varna to ignorant ke comments padh padh ke pakk gayi hu. Burger may be present in selected places just like Hot Dogs were. Bahot saare oversmart millenials aur kuch oversmart gen x ke log social media pe aise fudak rahe hai jaise ki unhe sab pata hai. 

Popeye cartoon which was started in 1920s had a character obsessed with hamburgers. So British too would have got them made in India from very long. As someone said in a Twitter or YouTube comment that anyone could have made burger if they know the recipe. So not a big deal. Seedhi baat ye hai ki shaayad Zoya ke parents ye relatives ne khud khaaye honge 1960s me burger. Pizza bhi to small towns aur villages me pichhle 10-15 saal tak kaha milta tha. Iska matlab ye nahi ki pizza did not existed till then. 

Flyonthewall02 thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

Makkhi you’re so cute! 🤗Made me chuckle. Hope you’re doing well, bud.

Ji thik hu Khala Ji

Aap kaise hain?