mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 days ago

....Brokeback Mountain?

Has anyone seen it? 

This movie is a work of art, and heart-wrenching too. Not going to be everyone's cup of tea because it's serious, slow, and tackles the theme of homosexuality, but for me, it's one of the most beautiful, poignant movies I've watched.

Sta-crossed lovers who can't be together because of societal and external circumstances.

Sounds familiar? But this common trope is explored with so much sensitivity and nuances here.

it's the treatment, folks.

I watched it with my friends in the college film society and my friend was weeping bucketful of tears. As a 20-year-old, I didn't have much experience in relationships and though I found the film beautiful, it was on Friday when I watched it on Netflix did I cry like a baby too.

I remember what my friend said, "They loved each other."

And it's true, they did. Two personalities were so different from each other, and one of them wanted to follow his heart, but the other couldn't. That's what makes it so sad.

Do watch it guys, but disclaimer -- keep tissues handy.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RiddlerPump thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 days ago

Wonderful and very impactful movie for me. didn't take as much i should have from it when I watched it as an early teen on release but went back to it again after watching the dark knight in ledger(rip) appreciation. this time with a little more maturity and awareness it hit really hard

been may years but I remember two heartbreaking scenes - what he is shown in childhood as a consequence and how that screws his entire life and two iirc the last scene between jake and heath where jake's character lets out everything from his side. you mention 'what makes it sad' at the end these scenes that are heart-wrenching for me, they also make it real and relatable especially for the years the story belongs to though I sometimes doubt if we've evolved from those times.

secondly also made me start liking westerns though still a task sitting through them.

a very poignant movie indeed!

Edited by RiddlerPump - 13 days ago