Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nichuss thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: vijay

While using the comments section I felt that its not that user friendly. The words break and moves to the new line and affects the writing flow. The textarea is too cramped.

Even the current system does not allow user to reply to a comment reply as it only goes 1 level. Making the comment thread difficult to use.

There can be 2 views.. one will be a simpler one which basically shows the comments as they are posted and can be sorted based on Latest First / Oldest First / Popular comments first and if a comment is reply to something one can easily jump to that post how we have the quote option.

If you also feel that Comment system needs more work vote this up.. and if you have more suggestions or you have come across better implentation please do share it with us.

This Topic has really helped us in so many ways in prioritising our task list and we have done some serious stuff in very short time. And at the same time it also helps us keep our regular members updated with all the stuff we are planning to do and share updates. 

text editor also need some more upgrade... like font style selection and instead f large, small... its good to hve numeric font size.... currently some cases the normal and large looks nt much difference

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

Originally posted by hinz

Please could you either create a shortcut or introduce easier navigation to forum drafts and add an autosave feature so we do not lose long posts...

Thanks Hinz for this suggestion.

This feature is now LIVE. 

We might make some cosmetic changes so that its not a button but a simple hyperlink.

Feedback on this: I would prefer to see My Forum Drafts in the top-right menu, just under My Posts and just above My Watched Topics ... That would make navigation easier than having to go to my profile and click Drafts, then choose between Forum Drafts and Message Drafts.

Your reasoning for putting the hyperlink for My Drafts next to the Save Draft button isn't obvious to me. When I'm in a topic and I want to resume a draft (maybe for a different topic), it doesn't seem intuitive to scroll down to the Reply field and find the My Drafts hyperlink there. Starting a new reply is the opposite of resuming a draft, so I guess if I really didn't know where to find my draft, and I was in the right topic, I would go to the Reply field, but would I look at the buttons before I finished wasting my time retyping my post?

And if I'm already editing one draft, I'm never going to click the My Drafts hyperlink because Save Draft gets me to the same place without losing my work on this draft.

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

And maybe the top-right menu could also show My Message Drafts just under Private Message (-> My Private Messages).

Or, since Private Message takes us to a page with Inbox and Outbox buttons, that page could also have a Drafts button in the same row.

Edited to add:

Also on that page (Dashboard / Private Message / Inbox), could the Jump To: drop-down menu include Message Drafts as an option?

And upon clicking the PM button on that page, could the Private Message Overview table include Message Drafts with a hyperlink?

By the way, in that Private Message Overview table, Outbox is not a hyperlink. You intended it to be a hyperlink like Inbox, Unread, and Starred, right?

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 1 years ago
vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

Mark read button is at the end of the page, can it be shifted next to the "select all" check box

Thanks for the input. 

We have updated that page so that its now easy to select all notification and "Mark Read"

Sutapasima thumbnail

Helping Hands

Revive the Quiz section as it has a lot of potential as it serves dual purpose. People learn something new and at the same time it's fun competing. A lot of new quiz will be created.

We will bring some special quiz for important dates like Independence Day, Republic Day, Diwali, Holi, Eid, Janmashtami, Ganesh Chaturthi etc.. 

Members who participate in these and answer all the questions will get a Special Badge designed for these occasions.

Tutorial on creating new Quiz has been created .

Step by step guiding with screen shots at every step for easy understanding ,

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5293197#161226117

Awaay thumbnail

Edited by Sonatia - 1 years ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Can we ahave option to hide our visit streak like the country flag?

Sarcy thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8

Is there any plan to allow users the option of deleting their profile along with all user posts? 

And a separate option to allow single/all post deletion if one wants to reset to zero?

vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Originally posted by: -Sarcy-

Is there any plan to allow users the option of deleting their profile along with all user posts? 

And a separate option to allow single/all post deletion if one wants to reset to zero?

Well this is not in the works as it will render other user's post orphaned. 

We allow users to Hibernate. This anonymise their username. And they still have the option to hide their posts which they don't want.

This is the same system as seen on popular discussion sites like Stackoverflow.

BTW still in discussion phase to bring the option where user has the choice of not allowing others to see their "My Post" page except the DT.

vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

BTW still in discussion phase to bring the option where user has the choice of not allowing others to see their "My Post" page except the DT.

We have implemented this feature. So "My Post" is now only visible to Self and DT members.