Suggestions / Comments

Tutorial on “How To Create New Quiz “

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Hello friends !! 
Welcome to this tutorial on creating quiz . 😊

The quiz section is a unique feature of our forum. Here we can open a quiz on any topic under the Sun, not just limited to TV shows or movies. As you browse the topics in quiz section you will come to a diverse variety of topics starting  from Botany, Nature, geometry, maths, movies, sports n cricket, food, TV shows and vast variety of unlimited topics, to suite vast number of members of all ages. 

Many members are interested in opening new quiz, but not sure how to do it. So this tutorial is being created to guide everyone who seeks help.

So welcome to the tutorial. We shall go step by step for easy understanding. 

Step 1 

How  to reach Quiz section ?

Look at the top of the forum page. Just below the cherry coloured ribbon- which is the user bar, you will see thinner chocolate coloured bar- the navigation bar.  On left hand side end is “Home” button and on the Rt hand side end is the “quiz “ button, as highlighted in blue in the screen shot below . 

Click on the Quiz button, a new window will open . 

Step 2

How to create and post a new quiz .

After above step, the new window opens & you will reach New quiz section. Now look on top Rt hand side of the page you will find “Add Quiz “ button in green , as highlighted in blue in screen shot below.

Click on that . 

Step 3 

A new blank form for “New Quiz” opens before you .Please fill in the blanks as pointed  by the tick marks shown in screen shot below 

For your guidance .. I have given a name/title  to a quiz, for Demo purposes only, I have used IndiaForums. Add suitable subtitle. Write out an attractive description in brief to attract members to the quiz, just like I have added in brief for you in screen show below .

Step 4 

Scroll down and select the other entries . Choices have been provided for you ..you have to click on the arrow buttons (highlighted by blue pointer ) to view the choices , as shown in the screen shot below . 

Step 5 

After filling out the above please check n edit any mistakes and then press “Add” button denoted in green at the bottom as shown in screen shot below .

Step 6 

After you press “Add” button,  an option to add thumbnail to your quiz appears as depicted in screen shot below . 
please select appropriate jpg pic file from your device 

For example here I have used this picture with IF logo, since my Demo quiz is about IF, An option to crop /resize you picture appears on your chosen pic, it’s self explanatory n you can crop your pic as per your choice.

Step 7 

After cropping and resizing the pic add it and it gets added to the quiz as shown below . At this stage you can delete /uploaded another pic /crop etc as per your choice , the options appear as shown in SS below. . 

Choosing a thumbnail at this stage is essential, otherwise you can’t proceed to next step because IF uses the thumbnail  to depict your quiz in the forum. 

Now that we are done with the first part, scroll down for adding next part that is, adding Quiz and Ans choices . 

Edited by Sutapasima - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sutapasima thumbnail

We have completed the prerequisites for creating new quiz and now reached the second stage .

Step 8 

Adding Qs and Answers.

Click on the “Add New Question” as depicted in SS below .

Selecting a thumbnail for each Qs is not necessary at all .
Its perfectly your choice, you will need it only in case it’s essential to show a particular scene of a show in your Qs, or your Qs is asked about that pic.

Step 9 

After clicking on above button a new window appears . Please look at all the options given carefully before proceeding . Firstly type out your Qs in the given space . Having done that,  selecting a colour of your choice here is required , or else IF will select by default . 

For easy understanding for beginners , the colour you select will appear on the squares on which IF will display your multiple choice answers. For example blue colour was chosen for quiz as shown in SS below, This is how it appears for members.

Step 10 
After colour choice is given … please select the type of Ans choices you want to give. Most popular being MCQ and I have selected that as shown in SS below. The choices appear by clicking on arrow button on Rt side as pointed by blue arrow.

Step 11 

After adding Qs, we move down to type the various answer choices into the spaces provided, as shown in SS below. Remember to mark the correct answer to each set of MCQs .

Correct Ans has to be ticked in the box provided, as pointed by blue arrow in SS below. If you fail to provide correct ans the quiz will not become activated. 

Step 12 

Four spaces are provided for 4 ans choices, however  you may have up to 8 choices if you wish, you have to click on “add another answer” button and then type your Ans and then click on “add” button as pointed in the two SSs below .

-------

Step 13 

After pressing “add button the page appears as shown in SS below .

At this stage, check Qs and Ans choices,you may add / delete / edit at this stage 

Make sure the quiz is on active mode as shown in SS. 

Step 14 

Pressing on the blue button on Rt side will help you edit each of your  answers as shown in SS below . Edit /delete/add as per your requirement and complete by pressing “Update” button (green) at the bottom to update the changes . 

Sutapasima thumbnail

Step 15

For adding next Question, please repeat step 8 onwards.

You have to click the grey button "Add New Qs" as highlighted in SS below .

you have to add minimum 15 Qs for your quiz to be activated

We have reached the last stage . 

The quiz will remain in pending mode  as shown in SS below .You have to PM the link of your quiz to Admin Vijay . He will get it activated . 

After it’s approved and activated it will be available / visible to other members . Active quiz appear as shown in SS below .

Always remember IF is a site for family viewing 13+ . So everything posted here has to be appropriate keeping this in mind .

Happy quizzing .

Please feel free to share any doubts /questions here.

In case I have missed out any point, please let me know, I will be happy to add it here for everyone’s benefit. 

Cheers 🤗

Shravani95 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Thanks for ur explanation☺.. It's really helpful.. 

I hv added one question.. Hw could i add more qs.. Again to follow same procedure? 

Sutapasima thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-Shravani95

Thanks for ur explanation☺.. It's really helpful.. 

I hv added one question.. Hw could i add more qs.. Again to follow same procedure? 

Hi Shravani 

please follow step 15 for next Qs 😊