Frequent Posters

Ashwini.30 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: shidin0117

Good Ashu..how is your daughter? (RIGHT)😊

Good shilpa..thanks for remembering and asking...yes I have a daughter 😁

Ashwini.30 thumbnail

We need more men like raanav...men must speak up...defend their wives...not just nod to everything their parents tell them. Wives must be willing to speak up against the in laws too . Women aren't pious. They are human too..they need to emote. World needs to stop suppressing emotions of a woman and start encouraging them to speak up. 

Arshi67 thumbnail

I like the way you drew parallels between the lives of mother and daughter vis a vis their husbands and mothers-in-law.  The art of dealing with crafty mothers in law ;)

Raanav’ s, “nope, that's not an argument”, was just lovely. The matter of fact way he felt that to be the case bodes well for the future. The umbilical chord should be a protective raksha dhaaga and not a strangulating noose around the neck!

Satyen is sensible in wanting Raanav and Viveka to share each other’s interests. Of course, they should have their space and freedom to pursue what they like, but there should be common grounds as well. Especially at this nascent stage of their marriage. 

I'm curious to know whether Smrita goes to the festivals for the love of art or for the love of being seen as a culture vulture.

bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

" He can go by himself when he wants to just like I do, I go to NSD, or Sahitya Kala Akademi for plays and poetry readings I wouldn’t expect him to go with me” Viveka shrugged confidently

Raanav watched her eyes sparkle with enthusiasm, enthusiasm he hadn’t noticed, well except for when in bed with him

Kya membership hai?” Satyen asked curiously" ❤️

Satyen is wise and sensible. He has more than 30 years of experience of being happily married. He is also aware that love is necessary but not sufficient to have a successful marriage.

He has noted and observed that his son and dil are in love but have different interests. He may have also observed that Viveka is snobbish about her interests or let say sterotypes folks (Piyush her brother runs a jewellery store so will not have interests in NGOs..she once said. Maybe but not true for all ). So his firm, and elegant question to her that does it require membership to go to her different meets ❤️ (Unless one is exposed one never knows if there is a interest right ?) Including that she should join him in the NY celebration. Kudos to him to gently steer the newly weds to discover each other interest s and maybe find some common one.

Anu and Akash convo and their difficulties with Dadi..and Anu's wish that Viveka be more patient with her MIL. IMO not sure..it should be more learn from Anu's experience and difficulties..which is not to keep quiet and be so patient (not to sweat and cry in private like Anu) with absurd demands of in-laws 😊 So loved it that Viveka stood up to Smrita.

Last but not the least glad Raanav cut short Smrita ridiculous dicta. Look forward to how you map this couple journey.

Loved how much you covered here Nisha. 

PS. Satyen and Akash remain a favorite 😍

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bakwas_serial

" He can go by himself when he wants to just like I do, I go to NSD, or Sahitya Kala Akademi for plays and poetry readings I wouldn’t expect him to go with me” Viveka shrugged confidently

Raanav watched her eyes sparkle with enthusiasm, enthusiasm he hadn’t noticed, well except for when in bed with him

Kya membership hai?” Satyen asked curiously" ❤️

Satyen is wise and sensible. He has more than 30 years of experience of being happily married. He is also aware that love is necessary but not sufficient to have a successful marriage.

He has noted and observed that his son and dil are in love but have different interests. He may have also observed that Viveka is snobbish about her interests or let say sterotypes folks (Piyush her brother runs a jewellery store so will not have interests in NGOs..she once said. Maybe but not true for all ). So his firm, and elegant question to her that does it require membership to go to her different meets ❤️ (Unless one is exposed one never knows if there is a interest right ?) Including that she should join him in the NY celebration. Kudos to him to gently steer the newly weds to discover each other interest s and maybe find some common one.

Anu and Akash convo and their difficulties with Dadi..and Anu's wish that Viveka be more patient with her MIL. IMO not sure..it should be more learn from Anu's experience and difficulties..which is not to keep quiet and be so patient (not to sweat and cry in private like Anu) with absurd demands of in-laws 😊 So loved it that Viveka stood up to Smrita.

Last but not the least glad Raanav cut short Smrita ridiculous dicta. Look forward to how you map this couple journey.

Loved how much you covered here Nisha. 

PS. Satyen and Akash remain a favorite 😍

Such a valid point you have brought up, she has her set of blinkers just like he had about those not belonging to their so called class. It is a function of the environment both have been a part of. Now they need to step out, see and accept things, that it can be way different from the notions in their minds. I know how utopian, idealistic the academic world can be😆 and you have this suave, polished capitalist rat who would stick out like a sore thumb amongst those who are all gung ho about saving the world from the bourgeoisie!!😆

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

SPOT ON! @Bakwas-serial (Makes me laugh every time I look at it) 

Not in a bad way but Yes Viveka has her strong opinion about who should care or cares more for the under privileged and who is entitled to have interest in artsy pursuits like theater and craft shows

Before she met Raanav I doubt she saw it as a huge "accomplishment" to have such interests, but after marrying him it helps her differentiate herself from what this family loves

So she guards her hobbies very close

Plus I have also noticed in life the IAS types, DU PhD type groupies think mainstream Bollywood, expensive vacations, designer/brand names etc are all disgusting

They live inside the "struggling artist/social worker" bubble and I have noticed there is a certain "Oh the wealthy can never appreciate gritty theater" attitude

Edited by Nisha0604 - 3 years ago
coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Smrita got it back from Raanav. She will learn soon enough she can not keep intimidating the two.

bakwas_serial thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

😆 and you have this suave, polished capitalist rat who would stick out like a sore thumb amongst those who are all gung ho about saving the world from the bourgeoisie!!😆

Rofl. You missed the super good looking 😂😂😂. 

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bakwas_serial

Rofl. You missed the super good looking 😂😂😂. 

That goes without saying😆

Those who tend to see suffering as a virtue will not be able to stand such specimens😆

bakwas_serial thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

SPOT ON! @Bakwas-serial (Makes me laugh every time I look at it) 

Not in a bad way but Yes Viveka has her strong opinion about who should care or cares more for the under privileged and who is entitled to have interest in artsy pursuits like theater and craft shows

Before she met Raanav I doubt she saw it as a huge "accomplishment" to have such interests, but after marrying him it helps her differentiate herself from what this family loves

So she guards her hobbies very close

Plus I have also noticed in life the IAS types, DU PhD type groupies think mainstream Bollywood, expensive vacations, designer/brand names etc are all disgusting

They live inside the "struggling artist/social worker" bubble and I have noticed there is a certain "Oh the wealthy can never appreciate gritty theater" attitude

Nisha my name is Shradha. 😊 Just tried to add it to username but it has a 15 character limit. So I guess this stays 😋

Agree Viveka character has been etched as very level headed. But like all of us she has her biases. Satyen quietly slipping in about Jaipur Lit Festival (made me laugh hard). Guess he never took.his sons with him

Where are these older men/women 😘