Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: kizh72

That goes without saying😆

Those who tend to see suffering as a virtue will not be able to stand such specimens😆

True that 😂

canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: bakwas_serial

Satyen is wise and sensible. He has more than 30 years of experience of being happily married. He is also aware that love is necessary but not sufficient to have a successful marriage.

He has noted and observed that his son and dil are in love but have different interests. He may have also observed that Viveka is snobbish about her interests or let say stereotypes folks (Piyush her brother runs a jewelry store so will not have interests in NGOs..she once said. Maybe but not true for all ). So his firm, and elegant question to her that does it require membership to go to her different meets ❤️ (Unless one is exposed one never knows if there is a interest right ?) Including that she should join him in the NY celebration. Kudos to him to gently steer the newly weds to discover each other interest s and maybe find some common one.

PS. Satyen and Akash remain a favorite 😍

Well said Shradha. 

I also want to add that be it Viveka or Anu or Smrita or Raanav, all do judge others and try to compare the other person to their standards. If we find Smrita wrong in judging Mathurs to the wealth or "class" she has, Anu has done the same in judging Smrita or Lekha comparing to  her achievements. 

If Raanav thought all middle class people are gold diggers, doesn't Viv think all rich kids are entitled brats. 

I think the only 2 people who probably don't judge as much as the others are Satyen and Akash. 

Satyen and Akash are my favorites too. ❤️

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: canapoem

Well said Shradha. 

I also want to add that be it Viveka or Anu or Smrita or Raanav, all do judge others and try to compare the other person to their standards. If we find Smrita wrong in judging Mathurs to the wealth or "class" she has, Anu has done the same in judging Smrita or Lekha comparing to  her achievements. 

If Raanav thought all middle class people are gold diggers, doesn't Viv think all rich kids are entitled brats. 

I think the only 2 people who probably don't judge as much as the others are Satyen and Akash. 

Satyen and Akash are my favorites too. ❤️

I guess both Anu and Smrita are insecure in their own ways. Anu as she has failed at being what a traditional woman should be (one who looks after the house, husband, produce sons; somewhere dadi's words prick her), whereas Smrita may have money, access etc., but its courtesy Satyen and she has not been successful by her own effort like Anu. In her eyes Anu is confident and holds her own without dressing up and using all that money can bring. Whereas Anu sees the way Varsha and Lekha are like, what their families or mothers are getting for them and feels that she has not done enough.

bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kizh72

I guess both Anu and Smrita are insecure in their own ways. Anu as she has failed at being what a traditional woman should be (one who looks after the house, husband, produce sons; somewhere dadi's words prick her), whereas Smrita may have money, access etc., but its courtesy Satyen and she has not been successful by her own effort like Anu. In her eyes Anu is confident and holds her own without dressing up and using all that money can bring. Whereas Anu sees the way Varsha and Lekha are like, what their families or mothers are getting for them and feels that she has not done enough.

See my holiday has already started..😊 Glad you brought Anu insecurities (invalid in my mind) up..have thought about it everytime Anu is down.

With the scale of her achievement...in a perfect world..she would not care about not having sons. IMO...it is a myth that one can be a superwoman...have a full fledged career and do all stuff a stay at home mom/wife does. Something gives and one thing takes a back seat. Anyway here one has the added headache of a constant bad mouthing mil.

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bakwas_serial

See my holiday has already started..😊 Glad you brought Anu insecurities (invalid in my mind) up..have thought about it everytime Anu is down.

With the scale of her achievement...in a perfect world..she would not care about not having sons. IMO...it is a myth that one can be a superwoman...have a full fledged career and do all stuff a stay at home mom/wife does. Something gives and one thing takes a back seat. Anyway here one has the added headache of a constant bad mouthing mil.

Absolutely invalid, but it is difficult to look away when you live in a deeply rooted patriarchal society which by and large places a huge dividend on these things. 

I think it is the presence of her MIL that plays with her head. Plus her SIL's son getting married while her eldest is still struggling to get her professional life going. 

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Pieces & Holes

He was pacing his music production room on the phone, most of two evenings. He was not snippy or mean but quiet and introspective at dinner

She asked him if there was too much work stress “Something like that” he nodded

“Not enough to go straight to sleep” he taunted  as she squealed dodging him trying to leap out of her corner spot on her lounge chair as he picked her up

Whatevr was happening at work he was clearly unwilling o share

She wanted to be part of it, all parts of him, all of him, but some were out of bounds it looked like

She tried to reach out to Naina while at Shahpur Jat or JNU everyday. Diya was accepted at Surathkal both emails/letters went to Rohini, hers from IIT Kharagpur

She was not asked how she spent her day, only her husband and father in law cared enough, Raanav wanted to know after the early morning make out sessions

On days he didn’t have a 9 AM meeting, he hoped to sleep in and “find her in bed” again when he woke at 8 or 9

“It probably seems to you like I cant have enough of you, but I have to go to work” she teased him kissing him on the cheek

“On the contrary Mrs Parashar I feel you avoid me” he teased with his fingers and lips

“To tumhare saath saara din saari raat yaha bed mein rahoon?”

“That sounds so good” he teased kissing her cheek fondly

“How did you get by before you had a wife?” she pulled away and pulled back on to the bed

He didn’t answer that

He was only single for  over a year, he didn’t have a live in GF but  hooked up with women he was dating

“No don’t answer that” she said when the silence in the room was about to swallow them

She had read “It is harder for men to be celibate” oh heck! It was painful for her as well but no one survey her!!

Naina’s stories exacerbated the longing more

But Abhishek was not willing to… umm.. do it

As if he knew what she was thinking about Raanav’s probing lips  went farther and farther down her belly

She arched and groaned

He peeked his head out of the sheet like a puppy and stared into her eyes

“I cant think straight” she whispered in agony

He lowered himself completely on her and covered his lips with his

They both had thoughts and feelings they didn’t want to share or would not share with the other person

They both lived in the NOW

Feelings only muddled things! Feelings reminded both that there was more to this relationship than s--. But s—was so exhilarating!

“I have to come pick you up at work like you do” she teased, closing her eyes and biting her lower lip to hide her pleasure as he tormented her

“Make sure you give me enough notice so I clear my desk” he warned softly moving against her

She imagined being ravished on his desk as he ravished her for real

“Can we meet for coffee or lunch once a week Naina?” Viveka sighed and shook off the dreaminess of the morning and stared back down at her phone

She saw ….. but no response

“Didi Jaipur mein jo lekhak milte hain har saal waha aapki pehchan hai?” Walid one of the craftsmen at the NGO asked curiously

She worked with a team that had not gotten any exposure to big shows or publicized events

They were hungry to make more and be seen more

“Main gayi to hoon aur maine khareeda bhi hai par pata nahi kaise entry hoti hai”

She looked up the website on her laptop

Mr Nahar called later in the day and promised there could be something coming

Satyen was personally involved but just as any large company “connecting an NGO worker to philanthropic opportunities” was not exactly priority number 1

She went to Rohini in the evening and was told by Papa about the rejection

“No matter what I still have Kharagpur” was her mantra, had been her mantra all of this year

And it was all over in one sheet of paper

Papa acted like it was junk mail for a credit card offer

He knew better, he knew Viveka, he knew being married did not shut the door to her career aspirations

“Chalo koi baat nahi” “Just relax, apply next year” he said gently

Viveka rarely cried, but she did that afternoon

In the privacy of her room, her closeness to Naina and her academic ambitions were two things that kept her alive she thought

At this moment both were a bust

“Veev beta Ma was saying you saw Mayank Asthana chatting with Karuna”

“Hmm” she nodded faking a smile as she turned from the balcony

It was an unusually cold December evening

“To aapne bhi dekha” Akash entered and made small talk

“Are they doing a filmi style “Hamey aapki beti chahiye” Viveka smiled gently 

Her face and eyes were puffy

Akash was too heartbroken to watch her cry

“Well not yet” “But Bua bata rahi thi ki kal who log dinner par aaye the aur Mayank ne Karuna ko poochha”

“He is sweet and simple” Viveka nodded

“Mere saath baithkar Econ Talk mein Armen Alchian ka podcast interview sunte hain chalo” Akash winked and and acted excited

“We watched it already” she pushed her glasses up and sniffled

She was his darling child, the program meant a lot to her, no podcast was going to fill that void

“Dad had two appointments today I better go check on him at dinner”

“To baat kar lo phone par beta” Akash urged

Anu was not home yet, Dadi was at Bua’s thankfully.

“Achha main noodles banata hoon khakar jao” he ordered

She nodded

Anu was rushing home now, but Viveka would leave before she got home

Education was big at the Mathur house. Anu was as devastated as Viveka, Anu realized Viveka had put it more work in research than she had put in for all of her masters level Engg degree

She texted furiously with Akash he told her she looked OK and enjoyed the noodles, when she got home they discussed animatedly in privacy, privacy that was hard to come by these days with Dadi around

“Naina kidhar hai? At least they could have hung out”

“We have failed as parents Anu I feel in some aspect”

“No Akash” Anu bristled

“We felt Naina deserved to be fired, we didn’t feel so crushed when she was let go. We should have comforted her too”

Anu was quiet

“I am not saying Viveka is undeserving of every ounce of our compassion, but mujhe lagta hai humne Naina ke saath galat kiya hai, when was the last time you asked her where all she was applying?”

“Oh please, I asked her if she applied for that Norway? Sweden? Whatever program, I urge her to apply to small firms and rise thru the ranks since they will be more demanding,”

“Asking and telling her is not enough, she is avoiding us because she feels let down”

“This is not about Naina this is about Viveka”

“AND about Diya’s acceptance” Akash was proud

Anu smiled teary eyed

“She chose her friends, let her come home we will celebrate tomorrow” Akash nodded

“Amma ko mat batana she will be like “Shaadi karwa do warna Anu ki tarah ho jaayegi”

Edited by Nisha0604 - 3 years ago
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

So now what’s the plan for Viveka ?

She hasn’t got accepted at Kharagpur. Will Satyen to do something about it ? Will she get in somewhere in Delhi ?

Will she have family ?

Too many questions Nisha.

Most importantly will both be secure and start sharing things for real? 

PriteeMisra thumbnail

Hope Aakash calls and informs Satyen about Vivekas rejection and Satyen informs about this to Ranaav.

I doubt Viveka will be vocal on her own about this to Ranaav. 

PriteeMisra thumbnail

Can any relationship survive just on sexual compatibility? 
I somehow don’t think so. For relationship to survive emotional investment and acceptance as a whole is important too. 

These two have long way to go. 

jodha111 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I hope Viveka get through in PhD with her capabilities . Hope something big comes to her.  She will not be comfortable using Parashar influence.Curious what issue rannav is facing ? 

Happy for Divya. At least her acceptance is a little hope for Mathur’s with all stuff going in their life ..

Thank you Nisha for updating we were waiting eagerly . Hoping we will get another update soon.