Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errrantnomad thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I'm thinking , she's the girl who took her marriage license because her father in law to be was very sick. What's after all a flight , she has to take to tend to her mom who's clearly struggling with the stuff on her head and hands!! 

Seems an anxious over reaction.... Of late I've come to realize Bp is such a common health condition but the fluctuations and when the stuff goes out of range, jeez !the same Bp gives you a paralyzing stroke/ heart attack or death. Man ! I'm getting old to go off on this tangent 🤣

Anyways glad Anu didn't tip off the balcony or something in giddiness. Surely they can hire a help for 8 hrs or something given the size of the Mathur family and it's floating population. Cmon, India allows to have this kind luxury/ provision and contribute to the economy in our own small way

bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Viveka being distraught and flying back to Delhi  after hearing about Anu fainting is natural.  She will meet her mother in person and hopefully all test will be fine. Plus the distance will make them introspect if one can continue to be in relationship just for physical chemistry.

What was bothersome and it has been written before is how ineffective is Akash in thinking sbout his wife welfare .

"Because your Papa is a kind human being”. 

It is not kind but sheer negligence. This is not the first time that Anu's BP went too low, and he has not bothered to address the reason for it. Which is his ascerbic mother's rant  and the constant family that visit them and need to be taken care of. 

Given they cannot afford to employ someone to cook and take care of the house..the least he can do is to stop having guests in his house or better learn to cook and run the house. 

bakwas_serial thumbnail

Originally posted by: Errrantnomad

I'm thinking , she's the girl who took her marriage license because her father in law to be was very sick. What's after all a flight , she has to take to tend to her mom who's clearly struggling with the stuff on her head and hands!! 

Seems an anxious over reaction.... Of late I've come to realize Bp is such a common health condition but the fluctuations and when the stuff goes out of range, jeez !the same Bp gives you a paralyzing stroke/ heart attack or death. Man ! I'm getting old to go off on this tangent 🤣

Anyways glad Anu didn't tip off the balcony or something in giddiness. Surely they can hire a help for 8 hrs or something given the size of the Mathur family and it's floating population. Cmon, India allows to have this kind luxury/ provision and contribute to the economy in our own small way

Most probably they cannot afford or Dadi wants Bahu ke haath ka khana. 

cheers2all thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: bakwas_serial

I feel Anu & Vi are very similar when it comes to their in-laws. No matter how smart & accomplished they are in their professional lives, they tend to seek validation from their family-in-laws. Like how Anu is always worried about how Savi would react or how Amma would throw a fit. Similarly, Vi tries hard to be in good books of Lekha and even strike a bond with Smrita. Their reasons may be different, but somewhere deep down, they seek validation. They perhaps want to be treated as part of their family. This kind of behavior in a way is ingrained in most women, I feel. No matter how indifferent we appear to be, it matters (and sometimes, hurts) when the family we are married into does not accept us wholeheartedly. In Anu & Vi's case, their MILs don't waste an opportunity to show how unwelcome they are. Neither of their husbands expect the wives to bend backwards, literally or otherwise, to appease their family. Yet, Anu & Vi want to do it by choice. I agree, Akash could do a bit more to keep his mother under check, but I guess that's how it is in many Indian families. Maybe he will start to speak up once it hits him that things have gone a little too far and how Anu is affected by all this. 

So long story short 😆, I don't think it's because they can't afford the help; Anu prefers to do the work herself or have her daughters contribute to avoid her MIL's taunts. With that said, I do think they should hire help at least for jobs like washing & cleaning.

P.S. - We need a new thread, Nisha 😊

canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Dadaji and Dadi lived in their native town or village till they came over before Harsha's engagement. 

So they did not have bahu ke haath ka khaana everyday. Probably only when they came over, that expectation was there.

Mathurs already are a houseful family with 6 members and now added Akash's parents are there too.

Anu travels a lot on her work. It was needed that they engage someone full time to do the household chores and maybe one more person to cook.

Don't know why Mathurs think they should do all the work by themselves and not hire domestic help.

They want their daughters to excel in their studies and careers but then if all the girls' time and energies are spent on doing house work etc, where is the time and energy left to do anything else?

They did not even find time and energy to talk to Naina about why she hooked up with Inder and why she eloped.

Viveka rushing to be with her mother was natural. 

And anyway when she is with Raanav, she only thinks of how their marriage is temporary and how they are so different or about Inder and Naina and fights with Raanav. Later when she goes away from him or him from her, she sulks and misses him and waits for his messages or calls. 

So this is her routine and her mother's health scare gave her a good reason to do her routine. 

bakwas_serial thumbnail

Originally posted by: cheers2all

I feel Anu & Vi are very similar when it comes to their in-laws. No matter how smart & accomplished they are in their professional lives, they tend to seek validation from their family-in-laws. Like how Anu is always worried about how Savi would react or how Amma would throw a fit. Similarly, Vi tries hard to be in good books of Lekha and even strike a bond with Smrita. Their reasons may be different, but somewhere deep down, they seek validation. They perhaps want to be treated as part of their family. This kind of behavior in a way is ingrained in most women, I feel. No matter how indifferent we appear to be, it matters (and sometimes, hurts) when the family we are married into does not accept us wholeheartedly. In Anu & Vi's case, their MILs don't waste an opportunity to show how unwelcome they are. Neither of their husbands expect the wives to bend backwards, literally or otherwise, to appease their family. Yet, Anu & Vi want to do it by choice. I agree, Akash could do a bit more to keep his mother under check, but I guess that's how it is in many Indian families. Maybe he will start to speak up once it hits him that things have gone a little too far and how Anu is affected by all this. 

So long story short 😆, I don't think it's because they can't afford the help; Anu prefers to do the work herself or have her daughters contribute to avoid her MIL's taunts. With that said, I do think they should hire help at least for jobs like washing & cleaning.

P.S. - We need a new thread, Nisha 😊

Given every middle class house in India have help...that the Mathurs don't (hey they have Vi come and cook when they have guests or Anu gets her hair colored)...my guess was maybe income is not enough 😋

I agree regarding Anu seeking validation. @kizh72 and I have written at length about it. Ideally she should take a stand. But she doesn't. Once the two had a late night..slept at 3 am. Anu said Dadi will want tea @5am. Akash was "kind" enough to say..dont worry I will make it 🙄  

Dadi cannot even make tea ...well then her son should make it for her. Does it few times..maybe will realize how unreasonable and unfair it is. 

It is really warped the expectations in Indian household for women.

Anu seems to have two full time jobs (one btw is unpaid ) and it affects her health. High time someone spoke for her...given she is incapable. Other than Naina no one says anything..

folks seems to just go along.  No Akash will not speak up..rant for sometime..he is too part of the system. 🙄

Viveka. It is natural to want folks to like /accept you especially as you live with them. But hey that is an ideal.situation ..especially when it was just Raanav's choice. But at some time you need to remove your rose tinted glasses. To me rather than family.acceptance her issue is Raanav and what he stands for.

Does she really want to be married to Raanav ? Even without Anu falling sick..she wanted to go back..could not spare few more weeks in Oslo.

Edited by bakwas_serial - 2 years ago
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Given every middle class house in India have help...that the Mathurs don't (hey they have Vi come and cook when they have guests or Anu gets her hair colored)...my guess was maybe income is not enough 😋

I agree regarding Anu seeking validation. @kizh72 and I have written at length about it. Ideally she should take a stand. But she doesn't. Once the two had a late night..slept at 3 am. Anu said Dadi will want tea @5am. Akash was "kind" enough to say..dont worry I will make it 🙄  

Dadi cannot even make tea ...well then her son should make it for her. Does it few times..maybe will realize how unreasonable and unfair it is. 

It is really warped the expectations in Indian household for women.

Anu seems to have two full time jobs (one btw is unpaid ) and it affects her health. High time someone spoke for her...given she is incapable. Other than Naina no one says anything..

folks seems to just go along.  No Akash will not speak up..rant for sometime..he is too part of the system. 🙄

When a girl is newly married or just few years into her married life, I can understand if she cannot talk to her in-laws openly and express her views. Anu and Akash must be married now for at least 32 years right. Anu cannot even put her foot down and say NO to Dadi's ridiculous demands. If you cannot say NO, then you should not sulk or be bitter later on. 

Anu is a VP right, she manages huge teams at her work. And she is struggling at home to manage their day to day lives.  

Viveka. It is natural to want folks to like /accept you especially as you live with them. But hey that is an ideal.situation ..especially when it was just Raanav's choice. But at some time you need to remove your rose tinted glasses. To me rather than family.acceptance her issue is Raanav and what he stands for.

Does she really want to be married to Raanav ? Even without Anu falling sick..she wanted to go back..could not spare few more weeks in Oslo.

That's exactly what I said Shradha. 

Viveka anyways has no interest to make this marriage work and she wanted to go back to India leaving Raanav in London, so her mother's health scare gave her a very good reason to do what she wanted to do.

Since she has no interest to make this marriage work, I don't get why she is even worried about Smrita accepting her or that Lekha is not bonding with her. 

Her worry should be if she and Raanav can make their relationship work. Only if that works, the relationships he brings along should worry her. 

bakwas_serial thumbnail

It is warped and conditioning.Kavi. The sad part is that she is in her 50s and does not realize it.  One one hand she wants her girls to do all they want and on other hand wanted Viv to get preg given she did not get into Ph.d program.  If it is clear in your head what is right or wrong...you would not say such contradictory things. 

Btw being a VP in a firm means nothing.. life is compartmentalized. You don a different avatar at home and at work 

I have always felt Naina issue was an excuse. If not Naina it would be something else. To expect Raanav to have values like Abhishek ( minus Wiener habits) is foolhardy. ☹️

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Bua did though…. Exactly 72 hours later later, around midnight London time

She woke Raanav up, Cleo was up she climbed on the bed and started nuzzling Viveka

“yaay” “Its morning? “Can we go out?”

He crinkled his eyes and sat up confused

“Are you OK?”

“Ma… fainted” she wept

“Oh no” he was alert

“Main jaaoon India?”

“Right now?”

“Umm.. phir kab?”

“We… umm…” he leaned back and rubbed his eyes

“Just call me a cab”

“Will u let me THINK?” he growled

“I don’t want u to I can go”

“U are not a prisoner here Viveka Mathur

He jumped out of bed grabbed his keys

Cleao started barking loudly

“Sshhhhh”

Four hours later she was on a plane

She turned to him after checking in at the private terminal

“Call me?”

She ran over and hugged him

“Thank u thank u” “I”

“Don’t”

“How did u know I was going to pay u back?”

“Just like I did that you were actually going to leave London” he hugged her politely

“I am sorry” she mumbled

“The room is not done yet…”

“I will just go to Rohini” she said

He watched her walk away

I feel Bua purposely messaged viveka..these ladies see her as a fallback. She is married..bua should have checked with Akash and Anu before Informing her :-(

it’s heartbreaking as it feels like they are heading towards something that they both realize may end? Raanav realizes viveka is constantly looking for ways to end her relationship and doesn’t forget to remind him. They both need to express better with words..the limited time and talk is not enough. 

Do mathurs realize what a jerk Abhishek was with Viveka? They expect Raanav to be like him..they found someone who really loves her..hope viveka realizes and clears the misconception about Abhishek and how genuinely raanav has been loving her. Some people are not good with words and it’s a learning for Raanav. Satya will be disappointed. 

cheers2all thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 5

There are several things that every character in this story could do to make things better. But it's easier said than done 😆

Akash is part of the system. Well said! He knows how unfair his mother's behavior is, yet for most part he tries to just diffuse the situation instead of nipping it in the bud. But even if he wants to do something about it, I don't think Anu will approve. Few days back, Akash suggested to Anu that Savi could take care of the hospital bills. But Anu insisted they should do it, because it's "their responsibility". My point is, Akash seems to have taken middle road knowing either ways there will be resistance. He cannot ask his Mother to shut up or ask her to leave. He helps whenever he can. He should probably do more around the house. But he doesn't do it not because he doesn't want to do the chores, but it was never expected from him. Not taking his side, but trying to understand why he doesn't help around more. Sometimes I think Anu is guilty of being ambitious/successful and neglecting her family, as her MIL complains. So she tries to over compensate at home. She has been quite blunt on occasions with her MIL, calling out on some of her double standards. But when it comes to household chores, she considers it as a responsibility to slog. Just my opinion. 

About Vi, it's not like she doesn't want to stay married to Raanav, it's more like she thinks it's too good to be true. She has a very pessimistic approach towards their marriage. She feels she doesn't  deserve him. Their class difference is another thing, along with Raanav's opinions about Naina. Neither of the differences seem to disappear at the moment. Running away from Raanav (either physically or emotionally) is probably her defense mechanism. Not that she is not worried about Anu, but at this point she did use it as an excuse to run away from him and stay in Rohini.