Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

barrister thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

“Did you want us to come for dinner so we could talk about this?” 

The reception Viveka got upon invitation vs. how Inder was treated at Rohini made me realize..

There needs to be a balance in the universe.

Mathurs treated Inder way better than he deserved, hence Nupur HAD TO keep up the balance.

Nupur, Smrita have so much wealth and entitlement and shamelessness, so no stock of good manners or common sense or such silly stuff!

Now look at Satyen.. he stocked some manners and sense for himself along with a generous amount of wealth and entitlement! Now that man is a gem! ♥️

The way Vi runs up to him to ask if he'd come looking for her.. she's a cutie ♥️

“We are connected” “U and I” because of Didi (Smrita) umm… but I doubt Inder will ever see Naina again” Nupur let out the silky threat casually

I don't understand.. what was she implying?

barrister thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arshi67

Can Cleo not be persuaded to take regular nips of the charming Nupur Dhamija! 

Cleo might get infected. Usko rabies ho gaya toh?

Viveka continues to see only Rohini as "home". Unsurprisingly. 

Great observation! One usually invites people to their own home..

I wish Viveka would've added that Inder can vouch for the Mathurs' hospitality!😆

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Survivor’s guilt & stratification

“I did not date him or break up with him to irritate you Veev” Naina said quietly

“I know you didn’t, why would you do that?”

“Yaha ghar par sab aise baat kar rahe hain jaise maine sirf tumhe irritate karne ke liye Inder ko date kiya”

“I know Nainah”

“Its over now, I want to move on, I am sure you do too” she said quietly “No no whipped topping please”

“Celebrate kar rahi ho?”

“What?”

“Are you buying urself icecream

“No Veev I am buying coffee at Starbucks, I am going to meet a Mr Jindal about the Designers collective I hopefully will get selected to”

“Congrats”

“You don’t have to be cloyingly sweet Veev” Naina was choking up

“NAHI TO”

“I KNOW U are being extra gentle, MAT KARO yaar, I don’t want it, its prickly”

“Fine… thanks for calling”

“U are probably glad you wont have to face the music at Parashars over my thing, I know”

“Aisi baat nahi hai Naina nobody talks to me about what happened with you” Viveka lied

“Jaanti hoon Veev you went to Dhamijas in Chelmsford, Inder told me”

“I”

“Oh I broke up with him? Yeh kehna chahiti ho” “How the hell do I know the deets?”

“Oh no not at all Naina… I meant nobody questions me nor bothers me everyone is being an adult about it”

“Good you get to enjoy the wealth and the good people” Naina chuckled

“Aisa nahi hai Naina… but OK”

“U are in London yaar, and off to Norway soon”

Viveka swallowed

She was buried under “survivor’s guilt” she had survived the onslaught of the arrogant wealthy Dhamija-Parashar duo and had made herself a place in the palace

Her sister was not so lucky

Raanav was at his law school this morning he had left her sleeping

He was going to return in an hour and take her around the city

He texted her as she spoke with Naina

“Want to grab brunch?”

“At Buckingham Palace?”

He sent her a ROFL

“Even better”

“law school?”

“No I don’t want my secrets out”

“Main  rakhti hoon Veev”

“Naina how is Papa?”

“Fiine”

“Love you…”

“Hmm”

“I”

“kuch mat keh dude… I need time”

“Of course”

“And… one more thing…”

“SURE”

“Don’t bring me anything”

“Nainahh”

“I am serious Veev I don’t need anything I wont take anything”

“I already bought”

“I actually don’t want anything from your.. umm”

“I” bought it hun

“Umm.. please Veev?”

“Sure”

Viveka was distraught

A heartbroken Naina was more angst ridden than a lovers tiff Naina

“Kahan lekar jaaogey mujhe?” she asked as she tied her hair up in a top knot

“What do u want to see first”

“Red bus”

“sure”

“Are you OK?” he asked grimly

“Oh yeah” she lied

“If that’s what you want to say”

“Are you implying that we are turning into my parents?” she chuckled at him thru the mirror

“And how would that be?”

“they sense stress or anxiety in the other person and nag each other enough so they spill”

“So you admit something is bothering you?”

She walked right into that one!!

“Parashar kid!!”

“Naina and Inder broke up” she said quietly sitting on the bed

“You didn’t want them to?”

“Mujhe laga shaadi hui hai to shaayad reh lenge saath mein?”

He didn’t respond

“I am sure I am the only one who thinks that way” she chuckled

“Its what they wanted” he dodged silkily

“Not THEY, Naina” she mumbled

“U think Inder is serious?”

“U don’t think?”

“I think he is a confused idiot Viveka Mathur”

It irritated him he had to say that over and over again

“There are very few people that meet your standards of intellect Mr Parashar” she smiled not so gently

“Now I cant even pass a judgement on my own cousin? Now? It has to be made into a huge social stratification issue?”

“No U can absolutely judge your cousin, but I don’t like the fact that you think he deserves zero happiness because he is not as accomplished as YOU” she said quietly getting up to grab her bag

Tulips101 thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 6

Hi Nisha, 

I have read all your stories more than once. I am a huge fan of your writing. I haven't posted any comment but I want to tell you that your stories have become my 'happy place'. I have been dealing with lot of issues for the past 2 years in my life and it's your updates that I look forward to everyday. There are days when I struggle to wake up and find a purpose so I make a mental note of everything which I can enjoy or look forward to that day; your stories are always number 1 in that list. So, thank you for regularly updating this story. 

I sent you a DM once but I think you haven't read that, I hope you read this comment. 

May universe bring all the happiness and success to you and your family. Thank you for being sunshine! 

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tulips101

Hi Nisha, 

I have read all your stories more than once. I am a huge fan of your writing. I haven't posted any comment but I want to tell you that your stories have become my 'happy place'. I have been dealing with lot of issues for the past 2 years in my life and it's your updates that I look forward to everyday. There are days when I struggle to wake up and find a purpose so I make a mental note of everything which I can enjoy or look forward to that day; your stories are always number 1 in that list. So, thank you for regularly updating this story. 

I sent you a DM once but I think you haven't read that, I hope you read this comment. 

May universe bring all the happiness and success to you and your family. Thank you for being sunshine! 

THANK YOU!

It means a LOT to me today ! Very kind of you..❤️. I write because it gives ME  a break from things I cannot control either. Just remember nobody's life is perfect. Those that pretend are faking it.

I love thinking about Viveka and Raanav as real people with real families like this and how they would behave and its a very entertaining idea. Doesnt matter if they dont exist for real.

We always have criminal politicians and crooked corporations to look at for real... all around us.

This space is away from all the mayhem of personal and professional tragedies for all of us. I am so sorry I did not respond. I usually dont check my PMs 😔

Arshi67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: barrister

The Parashar kid would be distraught! I'm going to withdraw my suggestion 😮 😆

I wish Viveka would've added that Inder can vouch for the Mathurs' hospitality!smiley36

Now that would have been a delicious put down 😈

Thank you! smiley9

canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Arshi67

The Parashar kid would be distraught! I'm going to withdraw my suggestion 😮 smiley36

I wish Viveka would've added that Inder can vouch for the Mathurs' hospitality!smiley36

Now that would have been a delicious put down 😈

Thank you! smiley9

In the movie "Dil Dhadkne Do", the dog Pluto gave good monologues about the functioning of the family right. 

If Cleo Parasher (or Dhamija?) could give such monologues about the inner secrets of both the Parasher and Dhamija families, that would be a fun read. 😃

Maybe it can even tell us how it irritates Nupur 😉

barrister thumbnail

Don't be sweet, gentle.. you're probably glad... don't get me anything

Naina is playing the victim with her family to the hilt. Her parents don't care and her sister is cloying!

Any conversations with her tend to be just one-way.. she stonewalls any POV or feelings that don't align with her own.

Naina still doesn't realize that it's none of the 3 families, rather Inder and Raanav that have made the difference between her and Viveka's positions today. 

“Yaha ghar par sab aise baat kar rahe hain jaise maine sirf tumhe irritate karne ke liye Inder ko date kiya

Where did THAT come from? 😲

“No U can absolutely judge your cousin, but I don’t like the fact that you think he deserves zero happiness because he is not as accomplished as YOU” she said quietly 👏

While I love that she called him out for it.. I really wish she took off her kid gloves with Naina as well!

I know, most probably she won't.. but then, that way she's just fueling Naina's bitterness and (a little misguided, atleast imo) sense of righteousness..

@Nisha ji.. looks like Naina and Inder have already met? Will we get to know about their meeting?

barrister thumbnail

Originally posted by: canapoem

In the movie "Dil Dhadkne Do", the dog Pluto gave good monologues about the functioning of the family right. 

If Cleo Parasher (or Dhamija?) could give such monologues about the inner secrets of both the Parasher and Dhamija families, that would be a fun read. 😃

I can only imagine Cleo's exasperation with Nupur and Smrita! 😛

I loved the dry humour in Dil Dhadakne Do..♥️ 

There's this part where this woman holding a knife threatens to slit her wrist and Ranveer points out.. Auntie, voh butter knife hai! 🤣

Now I'm totally imagining that scene with Nupur-Raanav or Smrita-Sid.. or even dadi with one of her grandkids! 🤣

Arshi67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: canapoem

The spin off could be titled Nupurji and Smritaji ko sataane ke sau tareeke 😉 😂

@barrister The butter knife scene in Dil Dhadakne Do is a classic! Dadi in it would be a scream 😂