Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Kajol, Rani were star kids too, but I didn't feel the same way for them.

Really the only way Kajol with a unibrow and Rani with a manly voice 😆  Even got chances 

Rani runs a studio just cause she is married to the boss. Shouldn’t that job have gone to someone more qualified 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Really the only way Kajol with a unibrow and Rani with a manly voice 😆  Even got chances 

Rani runs a studio just cause she is married to the boss. Shouldn’t that job have gone to someone more qualified 

But still, I don't feel that way about them (probably nostalgia as a kid born in 90s). Could have been someone better or beautiful? maybe.. 

Rani = beautiful dusky beauty

Kajol = such a natural.. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

But still, I don't feel that way about them (probably nostalgia as a kid born in 90s). Could have been someone better or beautiful? maybe.. 

Rani = beautiful dusky beauty

Kajol = such a natural.. 

Well I’m wired differently. I never felt Kajol was worth anything as an actress 😆 An I felt she was over praised. Nostalgia can’t change that since I disliked her as a kid even. Srk did most of the work 😂  Rani is talented 👌 

Maybe her piggybacking on her husbands films right now is the punishment she deserves. 

BornWithASmirk thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

In future it would be much more difficult for outsiders with the amount of kids stars are churning out.😊

Outsiders and semi-outsiders would launch their kids too when the times comes. SRKs kids are interested in films right? Virushka and DeepVeer's kids would enter entrainment industry some way or the other too.

Then we are left to choose least irritating among the options.😆

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This happens almost everywhere in India. 

Hell, some men at work just hate women.. sometimes favouritism is just gender based. 

At my work place, there are 25 girls and 5 guys. Whenever I see these guys, I always see a little fear in their eyes instead of hate 🤣

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thatgirl16

Tell me about it..... I've been refused a job that I was supposed to be signing because of a newbie niece of an established designer who steals from Vogue😆

Oh no 🥺 I hope you got a better job than that now. 

Thatgirl16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: heartbleed

Oh no 🥺 I hope you got a better job than that now. 

Thank You 🤗 yes hopefully ❤️

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

There has been a lot of debate on Nepotism in bollywood. But is it just Bollywood or the practice of inheriting occupation is deeply cultural in our country. 

Nepotism works best in Film Industry than any other field(happens in others but most successful only in film world)

Because,There is no clear, objective measure of relevant skills, aptitude, and performance and also high barriers for entry.

Anyone with a simple laptop can go online, learn to code, and then start building a product or service idea at home. There isn’t much required apart from 30,000 cash to buy a decent laptop, and dedication.

Now think of how many startups are in the oil & gas field.  With upfront investments of billions, there’s nothing a middle-class person can do. So the space is, and will be, run by governments with big pockets, and already established conglomerates.

The same is true for cinema. You need:

expensive equipment

big pockets to pay thousands of people who work on a single flick

access to pre-designed shooting locations

a lot of industry contacts - editors, choreographers, composers, distributors, VFX folks, singer, actors, stuntpeople, etc.

Even if you are planning to not create a movie, but just act/sing in one, you need someone willing to risk crores/millions of investments on you.Auditions are expensive(very).

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: pali001

The same is true for cinema. You need:

expensive equipment

big pockets to pay thousands of people who work on a single flick

access to pre-designed shooting locations

a lot of industry contacts - editors, choreographers, composers, distributors, VFX folks, singer, actors, stuntpeople, etc.

Even if you are planning to not create a movie, but just act/sing in one, you need someone willing to risk crores/millions of investments on you.Auditions are expensive(very).

You need to give the money to strangers on the street 😆

pali001 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mo0nLighting

Sorry, it wasn't a remark directed at you personally in case you thought so. I joined the forum after a long time after SSR's death and couldn't believe that so many people couldn't give two hoots about the level of nepotism/lobbying that exists in b'wood. I fought tooth and nail in multiple threads just trying to get them to admit that it's NOT okay! Can you believe that?!! Doesn't matter how often it happens and where it happens, if something is clearly wrong, I believe in calling a spade a spade. 

Soon enough though, I realized that majority of the people here aren't fighting for or against "ethics" but rather their own political inclinations and of course, some of them happen to be blind fanatics who can't hear a word against their favorite celebrity, so they twist and turn depending on which side the topic leans on. So I pulled away and just started following the forum from a distance. When I saw the same question being raised today, I couldn't resist posting. But I won't try to build another argument here cuz I've been there, done that, one too many times. not doing it again, cuz it's not gonna lead anywhere productive and I most certainly speak from experience. :)

its always been like that. Same crime, same moral low act etc... narrative changes depending on one's political view. 

Edited by pali001 - 3 years ago