Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Nepotism or much more than that? - Page 2

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

This content was originally posted by: Koviljika34

Exactly!

Heck even a colicky baby gives up after a while https://i.ibb.co/3SFvdZd/jpshakehead.gif

I guess weโ€™re about to find out ๐Ÿ˜† 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Nepotism is prevelant everywhere and in every industry. If you do not go to industry parties, events and get togethers, forget promotions and career advancement. Most companies now days ask for insider reference. The insider who refers a successful candidate gets paid by the company. Or you can have degree from any fancy institute to use.

Bollywood is same but on grandeur scale. Star kids learn to network with rich from fancy schools. Same happens in adult hood. They rub shoulders and open doors for one another. Their surname is best PR.

An outsider would find SOBO lifestyle really expensive unless they belong to same class in another city. These gates do not open for anyone unless they expect some favor in return. The circles are really tight and it is nearly impossible to enter them unless you are super rich or connected to someone powerfull. 

I have seen the super rich lifestyle and believe me they do anything to exclude out people. So many people try to enter their events and parties, but fail.

Most of the movie industry is private or family owned business. They are not legally required to cast any outsider unless the outsider is ready to invest in the movie. 

So all the lecture in nepotism is useless. Even outsider like Kriti Sanon is launching her sister Nupur.

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: Mo0nLighting

It's a simple concept that a lot of people on this forum can't seem to wrap their heads around. I'll try to sum up my thoughts in one long sentence.

Nepotism often accompanied with lobbying, solidarity, favoritism, and unethical and underhanded dealings come together to create an extremely challenging and toxic atmosphere in Bollywood for people who are trying to make a career in movies on their own without the net afforded nepo kids by their family, colleagues and friends. 

That's all okay because it's everywhere.

Racism happens everywhere so it's okay.

Sexism happens everywhere so it's okay.

Even Crime is okay because it happens everywhere.

Stop targeting Bollywood on a Bollywood forum because my favorites are star-kids.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

Stop targeting Bollywood on a Bollywood forum because my favorites are star-kids.

Ofcourse it's not ok. How many people watch content oriented movies that aren't mainstream. The Indian film industry is not restricted to Bollywood alone. Is the general public not guilty of watching ridiculous movies like SOTY? Why give it the hype it needs?

My question is, is it merely cultural? How many people blame nepotism and then get their relatives a job..?

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

It's a simple concept that a lot of people on this forum can't seem to wrap their heads around. I'll try to sum up my thoughts in one long sentence.

Nepotism often accompanied with lobbying, solidarity, favoritism, and unethical and underhanded dealings come together to create an extremely challenging and toxic atmosphere in Bollywood for people who are trying to make a career in movies on their own without the net afforded nepo kids by their family, colleagues and friends. 

This happens almost everywhere in India. 

Hell, some men at work just hate women.. sometimes favouritism is just gender based. 

This content was originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

Tell me about it. Some of the same people chanting, "It's everywhere" had massive issues when private channels (emphasis on private) were dishing out news/articles and media bytes per viewership and audience demand during the mayhem that followed SSR's death. "Ethics" and "ethical reporting" suddenly came flying back into focus then. Gee, I wonder why.๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Tell me about it. Some of the same people chanting, "It's everywhere" had massive issues when private channels (emphasis on private) were dishing out news/articles and media bytes per viewership and audience demand during the mayhem that followed SSR's death. "Ethics" and "ethical reporting" suddenly came flying back into focus then. Gee, I wonder why.๐Ÿ˜ฒ

I never said that they shouldn't be called out for their shitty skills. 

My point is its there in the Indian gene.

SSR issue is a completely different one. It was a political one with different people with different agendas. Even the NCB head has been embroiled in varied controversies. Anyways, that's a different issue altogether. You must watch Indian news channels sometimes - its a soap opera altogether with news reports from Yamraj ka ghar to Naahgin ka badla ๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Autumn_Rose - 3 years ago
Thatgirl16 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Tell me about it..... I've been refused a job that I was supposed to be signing because of a newbie niece of an established designer who steals from Vogue๐Ÿ˜†

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Ofcourse it's not ok. How many people watch content oriented movies that aren't mainstream.

How is this related to nepotism?

The Indian film industry is not restricted to Bollywood alone. Is the general public not guilty of watching ridiculous movies like SOTY? Why give it the hype it needs?

There is always an audience for every film. Even the Flop once. If you look at the box office figures of SOTY, then it wasn't even a clean Hit in the first place. It's Karan Johar who hyped this film through paid media and PR. 

My question is, is it merely cultural? How many people blame nepotism and then get their relatives a job..?

We blame sexism, racism and casteism, but end up being all that one way or the other in our day-to-day lives.

Nepotism is just like that. I don't think people really blame nepotism. Most of the times people know that it's how the world works. Sometimes when they loose a job because of it, they might blame in frustration. But that's about it.

Bollywood gets discussed in detail, not just in case of nepotism but every other issue, because people like to gossip about it.

This content was originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

I never said that they shouldn't be called out for their shitty skills. 

My point is its there in the Indian gene.

SSR issue is a completely different one. It was a political one with different people with different agendas. Even the NCB head has been embroiled in varied controversies. Anyways, that's a different issue altogether. You must watch Indian news channels sometimes - its a soap opera altogether with news reports from Yamraj ka ghar to Naahgin ka badla ๐Ÿ˜†

Sorry, it wasn't a remark directed at you personally in case you thought so. I joined the forum after a long time after SSR's death and couldn't believe that so many people couldn't give two hoots about the level of nepotism/lobbying that exists in b'wood. I fought tooth and nail in multiple threads just trying to get them to admit that it's NOT okay! Can you believe that?!! Doesn't matter how often it happens and where it happens, if something is clearly wrong, I believe in calling a spade a spade. 

Soon enough though, I realized that majority of the people here aren't fighting for or against "ethics" but rather their own political inclinations and of course, some of them happen to be blind fanatics who can't hear a word against their favorite celebrity, so they twist and turn depending on which side the topic leans on. So I pulled away and just started following the forum from a distance. When I saw the same question being raised today, I couldn't resist posting. But I won't try to build another argument here cuz I've been there, done that, one too many times. not doing it again, cuz it's not gonna lead anywhere productive and I most certainly speak from experience. :)