Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

No buddy. The argument is not what you say: "nepotism is wrong, but everyone does it."

Not in the least.

I'm proudly and loudly proclaiming here that I will do everything in my power to make sure my kid gets ahead. Yeah, even if he/she is a talentless hack. 😆It's human nature and also your duty as a parent. Anyone who claims otherwise has no children, has no intention of having children.

Take a look at the animal kingdom. Birds build nests for their own offspring, feed them, nurture them until they can fly. Apes might not accept a baby as theirs even if it smells of another ape. 

So yeah, nepotism is not only not-wrong, it is the duty of every parent. 

What is wrong is pulling others down to prop up your kids.

Nice try conflating what is natural with murder, though.😆

Well said! 👍🏼

But I am still figuring out where the laws of Manu come into play here.😆

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

No buddy. The argument is not what you say: "nepotism is wrong, but everyone does it."

Not in the least.

I'm proudly and loudly proclaiming here that I will do everything in my power to make sure my kid gets ahead. Yeah, even if he/she is a talentless hack. 😆It's human nature and also your duty as a parent. Anyone who claims otherwise has no children, has no intention of having children.

Take a look at the animal kingdom. Birds build nests for their own offspring, feed them, nurture them until they can fly. Apes might not accept a baby as theirs even if it smells of another ape. 

So yeah, nepotism is not only not-wrong, it is the duty of every parent. 

What is wrong is pulling others down to prop up your kids.

Nice try conflating what is natural with murder, though.😆

That's what exactly nepotism is. To uplift your talentless kid, you're pulling down a deserving kid.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

That's what exactly nepotism is. To uplift your talentless kid, you're pulling down a deserving kid.

Nope. 😆 You're assuming every sector is like film industry. If a doctor wanted his kid to be a doctor, he would get him the best coaching available for entrance exams. But the kid has to actually pass the exam. Now, if a disadvantaged child cannot attend same classes, it is not up to the doctor to make sure HIS kid DOESN'T get advantages. THAT would only drag everyone down to the same level. What dumbassery😆. What would be needed is some mechanism so society can make sure the disadvantaged can also progress. 

See? Everyone moves up. Be motivated by ambition, not jealousy. Because jealousy destroys the other person AND you. Ambition motivates.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
CuttingChai thumbnail

Theater, you always become a fan of idiots. 

Edited by MooPoint - 3 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aanandaa

Well said! 👍🏼

But I am still figuring out where the laws of Manu come into play here.😆

I guess we'll have to wait for OP to elaborate. 😆

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Nope. 😆 You're assuming every sector is like film industry. If a doctor wanted his kid to be a doctor, he would get him the best coaching available for entrance exams. But the kid has to actually pass the exam. Now, if a disadvantaged child cannot attends same classes, it is not up to the doctor to make sure HIS kid DOESN'T get advantages. What dumbassery😆.

You brought a specific profession and a specific example to prove your point. Doctors can still buy a seat for their talentless kid in medical colleges if they have top level connections, taking away the rights of a deserving candidate.

😆 I just looked up Manu.

The Manusmṛiti, also spelled as Manusmruti, is an ancient legal text among the many Dharmaśāstras of Hinduism.

Classism exists across the board though—it’s not oriented to a particular religion. So I respectfully disagree with this analogy.

What’s undeniable though, is that classism/elitism is something to condemn, not actively encourage and support. That’s where so many people are losing their credibility—by defending an obvious societal evil day and night. 

If Kangana’s political dog whistles blind people with pure rage, how do the same bunch of people turn around and pretend to separate art from the artist when it comes to these classist Bollywood nepotism bimbos? Why can’t the same be applied to Kangana? That’s a rhetorical question.

It’s also been proven time and again that Bollywood is just one big brothel with people in each other’s pants. Thanks to Tanushree for the perfect description. So why single out one person and pretend like that’s where all the problems begin and end? Again, a rhetorical question.

Is Kangana’s political dog whistles worse than Bollywood perverts and frauds and a million of crimes that have been committed by people like Salman, Pancholi, and all those A-listers with questionable character? Is the obvious abuse of women that happens in the name of “casting couch,” misogyny and sexism that is so deeply seated in the heart of Bollywood better than and worth defending because Kangana tweets whatever she wants? The obvious lobbying and slandering people to kill off competition is worth defending because you dislike Kangana? 

Just because you’ve been a lifelong Shahrukh fan, you’re ready to come to blows over and defend something’s that’s undeniably wrong? I like SRK too but nobody cares about Bollywood fanaticism in a real debate, you need to check that at the door before stepping up to debate for “social causes.” 

Why should people not support the one and only voice that calls out the hypocrisy of Bollywood? If more people called them out and gained the same level of traction as Kangana, I’m certain that people will root for them too. People who support her are fully aware of what’s good and what’s bad, there’s no need to hector them in every thread here.

And if people can separate art from the artist when it comes to these nepo hypocrites, it should apply to Kangana too. If you’re gonna pick and choose, you’re just engaging in a fan war, not standing for any social cause and that’s why you have no right to impose your holier than thou attitude on others and call them names based on your fanaticism. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

You brought a specific profession and a specific example to prove your point. Doctors can still buy a seat for their talentless kid in medical colleges if they have top level connections, taking away the rights of a deserving candidate.

Nope. Because THAT seat would never have gone to a regular candidate. Also, they pay full fee, enabling others to pay less. Yeah, that's how it works.

Plus, the student will still have to pass exams.

The same goes for engineering, law, literature, art & design, architecture, etc. 

What YOU'RE saying is basically drag everyone down to the same level to even the odds instead of elevating the disadvantaged to level the PLAYING FIELD. The disadvantaged kid is not entitled to anything just because of disadvantage, either. If society can provide them means to compete, they also have to compete with those who you call talentless. 😆

You basically don't want to get ahead, Kangana. You want others to fail. 

That's not talent.  That's just jealousy.😆 Not a good look.

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Nope. Because THAT seat would never have gone to a regular candidate. Also, they pay full fee, enabling others to pay less. Yeah, that's how it works.

Plus, the student will still have to pass exams.

The same goes for engineering, law, literature, art & design, architecture, etc. 

What YOU'RE saying is basically drag everyone down to the same level to even the odds instead of elevating the disadvantaged to level the PLAYING FIELD. The disadvantaged kid is not entitled to anything just because of disadvantage, either. If society can provide them means to compete, they also have to compete with those who you call talentless. 😆

You basically don't want to get ahead, Kangana. You want others to fail. 

That's not talent.  That's just jealousy.😆 Not a good look.

I can HearYouRoar. :)

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mo0nLighting

😆 I just looked up Manu.

The Manusmṛiti, also spelled as Manusmruti, is an ancient legal text among the many Dharmaśāstras of Hinduism.

Classism exists across the board though—it’s not oriented to a particular religion. So I respectfully disagree with this analogy.

What’s undeniable though, is that classism/elitism is something to condemn, not actively encourage and support. That’s where so many people are losing their credibility—by defending an obvious societal evil day and night. 

If Kangana’s political dog whistles blind people with pure rage, how do the same bunch of people turn around and pretend to separate art from the artist when it comes to these classist Bollywood nepotism bimbos? Why can’t the same be applied to Kangana? That’s a rhetorical question.

It’s also been proven time and again that Bollywood is just one big brothel with people in each other’s pants. Thanks to Tanushree for the perfect description. So why single out one person and pretend like that’s where all the problems begin and end? Again, a rhetorical question.

Is Kangana’s political dog whistles worse than Bollywood perverts and frauds and a million of crimes that have been committed by people like Salman, Pancholi, and all those A-listers with questionable character? Is the obvious abuse of women that happens in the name of “casting couch,” misogyny and sexism that is so deeply seated in the heart of Bollywood better than and worth defending because Kangana tweets whatever she wants? The obvious lobbying and slandering people to kill off competition is worth defending because you dislike Kangana? 

Just because you’ve been a lifelong Shahrukh fan, you’re ready to come to blows over and defend something’s that’s undeniably wrong? I like SRK too but nobody cares about Bollywood fanaticism in a real debate, you need to check that at the door before stepping up to debate for “social causes.” 

Why should people not support the one and only voice that calls out the hypocrisy of Bollywood? If more people called them out and gained the same level of traction as Kangana, I’m certain that people will root for them too. People who support her are fully aware of what’s good and what’s bad, there’s no need to hector them in every thread here.

And if people can separate art from the artist when it comes to these nepo hypocrites, it should apply to Kangana too. If you’re gonna pick and choose, you’re just engaging in a fan war, not standing for any social cause and that’s why you have no right to impose your holier than thou attitude on others and call them names based on your fanaticism. 

(Not assuming you're talking about me but felt like answering just the same because time on my hands😆)

No one HAS to support anyone. That's the beauty of living in a free society. I'm not obligated to support Kangana who I find loathsome. Sometimes, the artist becomes so vile she taints even the art. Bill Cosby, for example. And Kangana.

Nor am I imposing my attitude on anyone and stopping people from supporting her. Why would I? It's not my job to stop people from making fools of themselves. Knock yourself out.

As for "every" thread, this is a public forum. We generally expect members to respond. 

Because people said supporting one's own offspring is natural and normal and in fact duty, how are you translating that to supporting casting couch and sexual assault and misogyny?😆 Buddy, that might work for Kangana in BW. But most of us IFers live in the real world and can tell the difference between those things. 

I AM an SRK fan. How does nepotism come into play in his case for me to check my fanhood before debating nepotism?😆

Just out of curiosity: what names did I call anyone?