Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

The Laws of Manu - Nepo Defenders - Page 3

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago
This content was originally posted by: blue-ice.1

This is the absurdest shit I have heard so far.......can't even...🤣🤣🤣smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37

He/she meant keep one n one together I.e kapoor n khan together lol n say wats spl about kapoor , they are low iq n are casteist n drool over khans n being khans is class n elitism are d absurdest shits ever heard sofar n can't even...😂😂😂Edited by Cool_N_Cold - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

This content was originally posted by: HearMeRoar

(Not assuming you're talking about me but felt like answering just the same because time on my hands😆)

No one HAS to support anyone. That's the beauty of living in a free society. I'm not obligated to support Kangana who I find loathsome. Sometimes, the artist becomes so vile she taints even the art. Bill Cosby, for example. And Kangana.

Nor am I imposing my attitude on anyone and stopping people from supporting her. Why would I? It's not my job to stop people from making fools of themselves. Knock yourself out.

As for "every" thread, this is a public forum. We generally expect members to respond. 

Because people said supporting one's own offspring is natural and normal and in fact duty, how are you translating that to supporting casting couch and sexual assault and misogyny?😆 Buddy, that might work for Kangana in BW. But most of us IFers live in the real world and can tell the difference between those things. 

I AM an SRK fan. How does nepotism come into play in his case for me to check my fanhood before debating nepotism?😆

Just out of curiosity: what names did I call anyone?

I wasn’t talking about you, so I don’t know why you’re taking it upon yourself. For what it’s worth, I fully agreed with your thread where you called out nepo defenders for always trying to shut down the conversation and giving Kangana more credibility than she deserves. 

The other day a bunch of people were hectoring a member because they were so outraged by Kangana’s comment on feeling violated and emotionally raped due to that office demolishment. 

Those same people love “bhai” who is known for the worst kind of mentality that exists in Bollywood. What locus standi do they have to hector others on their moral high horse here? None whatsoever. 

And that’s only one example out of many. Never took these people seriously and never will because it’s just a fan war going on here. They aren’t any crusaders of societal evils to claim what’s right and what’s wrong and hector others over it.

Now before someone else chimes in to ask me to take names, I’m not interested. I’ve said what I had to say, whoever thinks the shoe fits can wear it and lace it up. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Cool_N_Cold

He/she meant keep one n one together I.e kapoor n khan together lol n say wats spl about kapoor , they are low iq n are casteist n drool over khans n being khans is class n elitism are d absurdest things ever heard...😂😂😂

This is what he/she said:

This content was originally posted by: Pappu.Pager

Ever since I took the stance that I would support Kangana no matter how vile she might be bc nepotism has impacted me as well, I can’t look away that nepo defenders are essentially following the rules of Manu. Anyone not born into the families of Kapoor, Khanna, and Khans are pure. Sonam’s comment that she born bc of good karma, and deserves the privileges is outright absurd. Frankly, nepo defenders can’t see past that the industry is practicing a caste system.

He/she's calling nepotism caste system. Film industry might practice both, but they're not the same. Supporting the idea you will always promote your own children first is no way, shape, or form the same as casteism. 

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Mo0nLighting

I wasn’t talking about you, so I don’t know why you’re taking it upon yourself. For what it’s worth, I fully agreed with your thread where you called out nepo defenders for always trying to shut down the conversation and giving Kangana more credibility than she deserves. 

The other day a bunch of people were hectoring a member because they were so outraged by Kangana’s comment on feeling violated and emotionally raped due to that office demolishment. 

Those same people love “bhai” who is known for the worst kind of mentality that exists in Bollywood. What locus standi do they have to hector others on their moral high horse here? None whatsoever. 

And that’s only one example out of many. Never took these people seriously and never will because it’s just a fan war going on here. They aren’t any crusaders of societal evils to claim what’s right and what’s wrong and hector others over it.

Now before someone else chimes in to ask me to take names, I’m not interested. I’ve said what I had to say, whoever thinks the shoe fits can wear it and lace it up. 

Take names anyway. :)

HearMeRoar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Mo0nLighting

@Bold. Saturday and time on my hands. IF is always good for free entertainment 😆. 

FYI, found both rape comments - Kangana's and whatshisname's - disgusting

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Nope. Because THAT seat would never have gone to a regular candidate. Also, they pay full fee, enabling others to pay less. Yeah, that's how it works.

Plus, the student will still have to pass exams.

The same goes for engineering, law, literature, art & design, architecture, etc. 

What YOU'RE saying is basically drag everyone down to the same level to even the odds instead of elevating the disadvantaged to level the PLAYING FIELD. The disadvantaged kid is not entitled to anything just because of disadvantage, either. If society can provide them means to compete, they also have to compete with those who you call talentless. 😆

You basically don't want to get ahead, Kangana. You want others to fail. 

That's not talent.  That's just jealousy.😆 Not a good look.

Uh, I never said it's fees. Its bribe and connections which parents use to get their kid into a college, by making their name appear in the list of passed students even if they didn't clear the entrance exam. Therefore, taking the opportunity of a deserving student who had the right over that seat over your talentless hack. Yeah that happens. Universities are not corrupt free in India.

Talentless person is a talentless person. Calling them with some other name will not change what they are.

@bold, Remind me when did I say all that?

Honestly, you've brought this discussion to something, which had nothing to do with my original post. Smart move though.

What nepotism actually means is giving preference to your friends and relatives in a job opportunity over a deserving candidate who is most applicable for the required job.

Not about getting your kid into good coaching centers. You can do whatever you want to make your kid capable and then see whether he really became capable or not. A disadvantaged kid is not entitled to anything, I know that. But a talented kid is.

What you're doing here is equating talented kid with disadvantaged kid when they both mean different things.

And please get over this Kangana obsession. I'm not Kangana, neither I'm jealous of anyone.

Edited by Harley_Quinn - 3 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

Uh, I never said it's fees. Its bribe and connections which parents use to get their kid into a college, by making their name appear in the list of passed students even if they didn't clear the entrance exam. Therefore, taking the opportunity of a deserving student who had the right over that seat over your talentless hack. Yeah that happens. Universities are not corrupt free in India.

Talentless person is a talentless person. Calling them with some other name will not change what they are.

Honestly, you've brought this discussion to something, which had nothing to do with my original post. Smart move though.

What nepotism actually means is giving preference to your friends and relatives in a job opportunity over a deserving candidate who is most applicable for the required job.

Not about getting your kid into good coaching centers. You can do whatever you want to make your kid capable and then see whether he really became capable or not. A disadvantaged kid not entitled to anything, I know that. But a talented kid is.

What you're doing here is equating talented kid with disadvantaged kid when they both mean different things.

And please get over this Kangana obsession. I'm not Kangana, neither I'm jealous of anyone.

Kangana is like road crash or a Jerry Springer episode. You can't help looking. it's morbid curiosity. 😆

Corruption and nepotism are not the same. Once again, you're conflating two things. 

Nepotism is favoring your kid over others. And yeah, every parent in the living universe will do that no matter who else is deserving. If it's not corruption, it's not wrong. 

I build a shop or a production company or a restaurant not to hand it the most deserving candidate... I build it to hand it to my kid. Otherwise, why am I a parent? 

To demand otherwise is a demand to bring everyone down, not bring others up. Jealousy, not ambition.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

No buddy. The argument is not what you say: "nepotism is wrong, but everyone does it."

Not in the least.

I'm proudly and loudly proclaiming here that I will do everything in my power to make sure my kid gets ahead. Yeah, even if he/she is a talentless hack. 😆It's human nature and also your duty as a parent. Anyone who claims otherwise has no children, has no intention of having children.

Take a look at the animal kingdom. Birds build nests for their own offspring, feed them, nurture them until they can fly. Apes might not accept a baby as theirs even if it smells of another ape. 

So yeah, nepotism is not only not-wrong, it is the duty of every parent. 

What is wrong is pulling others down to prop up your kids.

Nice try conflating what is natural with murder, though.😆

why is it so difficult to understand this??🤓

Pappu.Pager thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Harley_Quinn

Not about getting your kid into good coaching centers. You can do whatever you want to make your kid capable and then see whether he really became capable or not. A disadvantaged kid is not entitled to anything, I know that. But a talented kid is.

When their argument fail, they immediately go on record to say that the member is Kangana or low IQ, or doesn’t have proper education to debate. It always comes down to classism.

Also, in The Laws of Manu, there is a hierarchy. I’m comparing that same caste hierarchy to Bollywood.  Outsiders tend to be at the bottom, but someone like Vicky Kaushal would be a Kshatriya... no matter how hard he tries, he will never be Brahman (Kapoor, Khans, etc.)

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: Cool_N_Cold

He/she meant keep one n one together I.e kapoor n khan together lol n say wats spl about kapoor , they are low iq n are casteist n drool over khans n being khans is class n elitism are d absurdest shits ever heard sofar n can't even...😂😂😂

One day...and I promise you one day..if I pray hard enough I will be able to decipher your posts...till then my friend...forgive me if I don't respond...I do not ignore u....its just my lack of comprehension...but trust and believe me I am working on it....one day...and that day will come soon....👍🏼