Posted: 3 years ago

Ever since I took the stance that I would support Kangana no matter how vile she might be bc nepotism has impacted me as well, I can’t look away that nepo defenders are essentially following the rules of Manu. Anyone not born into the families of Kapoor, Khanna, and Khans are pure. Sonam’s comment that she born bc of good karma, and deserves the privileges is outright absurd. Frankly, nepo defenders can’t see past that the industry is practicing a caste system.

What the laws of Manu

I usually follow laws of sanity 😆

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

What the laws of Manu

I usually follow laws of sanity 😆

It is from Hindu mythology, if I’m not mistaken. 

It IS from Hindu mythology, but which law of Manu is TM referring to?

Property laws?

https://www.wisdomlib.org/hinduism/book/manusmriti-with-the-commentary-of-medhatithi/d/doc201565.html

I'd like for TM and/or Kangana to tell anyone in the world to deed property to others when sons are alive. 😆

Or is the question of caste occupation lists? That list from Manu Smriti actually says which caste usually does what, not what they were limited to. 

To give you an example, suthas were usually charioteers, but Krishna (yes, him) was a sutha. He wasn't just Arjuna's charioteer, was he? So were Kunti and Subhadra and by extension, Abhimanyu and Parikshit. So was Virat, king of Matsya and his daughter Uttara who married Abhimanyu. So was Keechaka. So was Ugrasravas Sauti. ACtually, the king who used to rule Anga before Karna was a sutha, and HE was descended from Ramchandra (yes, him).

Vyasa was a shudra. he wasn't just limited to shudra work, was he?

Vidura was a kshatta and prime minister of Hastinapuri.

Manusmriti has lots of problem areas, but what TM seems to say is not one of them.

FYI.

Manikarnika was not just defending her kingdom against the British. She was saving it for her son. Or why wouldn't she cede the throne to Sadashiv Rao? How is that for nepotism?😆

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago

Originally posted by Pappu.Pager

Ever since I took the stance that I would support Kangana no matter how vile she might be bc nepotism has impacted me as well, I can’t look away that nepo defenders are essentially following the rules of Manu. Anyone not born into the families of Kapoor, Khanna, and Khans are pure. Sonam’s comment that she born bc of good karma, and deserves the privileges is outright absurd. Frankly, nepo defenders can’t see past that the industry is practicing a caste system.

The laws of Tanu vs Manu?🤣

On nepotism, why is Rangoli her assistant. There are a lot of qualified jobless people with degrees who can do that job-did she interview and hire or just hired her own sister-aka nepotism??

Oh and she claims she is the biggest star-then why are nepotism products not bigger than her?

Edited by desertsun - 3 years ago

What do you know about the laws of Manu that you dragged it here? 🤔

This is the absurdest shit I have heard so far.......can't even...🤣🤣🤣smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37

The defense of nepotism in a nutshell is that everybody does it, so it's not wrong. You do it, we do it, everybody does it, so calling out others is like calling out ourselves. Even if my kid is a talentless hack, I'll do everything for him or her to make his or her career, if I have the power and money to do that.

But going by this logic, we can defend everything. Kangana can spout nonsense if it's giving her publicity, because everybody spouts nonsense on social media. Why target her only? Oh because she's a celeb? Now who is targeting Bollywood only?

Nothing wrong in killing someone or committing other crimes if it's giving us profits. Oh it's bad to kill someone because it's harming them? So is buying seat for your talentless kid in a prestigious University because you're taking the rights of a deserving candidate.

Nepotism is not right. Never ever was it. Deep down everyone knows that but can't accept it. Why? Because we all do it.

Still the fact is nepotism creates an unfair world. But world was never fair. Still, nothing wrong in trying to make it fair? Why pull down someone who is trying to make it fair? Because then it'll show people that what they are doing is wrong and no one ever wants to accept that they are wrong. That's human nature. Whatever we do, we always think that it's right, even if the whole world is telling you that it's wrong.

Edited by Harley_Quinn - 3 years ago

No buddy. The argument is not what you say: "nepotism is wrong, but everyone does it."

Not in the least.

I'm proudly and loudly proclaiming here that I will do everything in my power to make sure my kid gets ahead. Yeah, even if he/she is a talentless hack. 😆It's human nature and also your duty as a parent. Anyone who claims otherwise has no children, has no intention of having children.

Take a look at the animal kingdom. Birds build nests for their own offspring, feed them, nurture them until they can fly. Apes might not accept a baby as theirs even if it smells of another ape. 

So yeah, nepotism is not only not-wrong, it is the duty of every parent. 

What is wrong is pulling others down to prop up your kids.

Nice try conflating what is natural with murder, though.😆

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago