Posted: 6 months ago

Ever since I took the stance that I would support Kangana no matter how vile she might be bc nepotism has impacted me as well, I can’t look away that nepo defenders are essentially following the rules of Manu. Anyone not born into the families of Kapoor, Khanna, and Khans are pure. Sonam’s comment that she born bc of good karma, and deserves the privileges is outright absurd. Frankly, nepo defenders can’t see past that the industry is practicing a caste system.

What the laws of Manu

I usually follow laws of sanity smiley36

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

What the laws of Manu

I usually follow laws of sanity smiley36

It is from Hindu mythology, if I’m not mistaken. 

It IS from Hindu mythology, but which law of Manu is TM referring to?

Property laws?

https://www.wisdomlib.org/hinduism/book/manusmriti-with-the-commentary-of-medhatithi/d/doc201565.html

I'd like for TM and/or Kangana to tell anyone in the world to deed property to others when sons are alive. smiley36

Or is the question of caste occupation lists? That list from Manu Smriti actually says which caste usually does what, not what they were limited to. 

To give you an example, suthas were usually charioteers, but Krishna (yes, him) was a sutha. He wasn't just Arjuna's charioteer, was he? So were Kunti and Subhadra and by extension, Abhimanyu and Parikshit. So was Virat, king of Matsya and his daughter Uttara who married Abhimanyu. So was Keechaka. So was Ugrasravas Sauti. ACtually, the king who used to rule Anga before Karna was a sutha, and HE was descended from Ramchandra (yes, him).

Vyasa was a shudra. he wasn't just limited to shudra work, was he?

Vidura was a kshatta and prime minister of Hastinapuri.

Manusmriti has lots of problem areas, but what TM seems to say is not one of them.

FYI.

Manikarnika was not just defending her kingdom against the British. She was saving it for her son. Or why wouldn't she cede the throne to Sadashiv Rao? How is that for nepotism?smiley36

Edited by HearMeRoar - 6 months ago

Originally posted by Pappu.Pager

Ever since I took the stance that I would support Kangana no matter how vile she might be bc nepotism has impacted me as well, I can’t look away that nepo defenders are essentially following the rules of Manu. Anyone not born into the families of Kapoor, Khanna, and Khans are pure. Sonam’s comment that she born bc of good karma, and deserves the privileges is outright absurd. Frankly, nepo defenders can’t see past that the industry is practicing a caste system.

The laws of Tanu vs Manu?smiley37

On nepotism, why is Rangoli her assistant. There are a lot of qualified jobless people with degrees who can do that job-did she interview and hire or just hired her own sister-aka nepotism??

Oh and she claims she is the biggest star-then why are nepotism products not bigger than her?

Edited by desertsun - 6 months ago

What do you know about the laws of Manu that you dragged it here? smiley24

This is the absurdest shit I have heard so far.......can't even...smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37