Theaters or comfort of home, what you prefer.

Poll

What do you prefer?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

I personally enjoy movies more in theaters, because well IMO that is how movies should be watched.

Although I also get that certain types of movies are made for small screen.

So I would go for both but theater more. Woh toh paise aur nahi hota, or else would have watched every movie in theater.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I am very much a fan so I enjoy going to the theatre because it means going out and some fun, love the thrill associated with theatre. 

Home viewing is good for films I am not too excited about. 

Ennuyi thumbnail

Theater. The experience of watching films in cinema halls is something else.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Movie theatre for sure! The experience is wholesome and fun...esp with friends or family...it's like something to look forward to!

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Cinema is better. You can get bored watching at home 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Cinema is better. You can get bored watching at home 

Exactly! i feel the same way. Watching movies at home is boring, watching it in the hall is a sort of surreal feeling which elevates even bad movies!

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Obviously nothing can replace movie viewing experience in a theatre. The huge dark room, with complete focus on the big screen, the mega sound, the communal viewing experience - where you laugh and cry with strangers, amazingly tasty snacks and quick bites. You make memories with your family/friends. It's unparalleled.

However, when you factor in other things like money, comfort, time, hassle, etc, you have to take the call accordingly. Sure, I love the threatre viewing experience, but if I am going to take all those pains, I am not going to do it for any altu faltu film.

I will still watch at least 10 movies a year in the theatre. Why only 10? Because there aren't that many worthy films releasing. If I am going to shell out 500 bucks, get ready, coordinate everyone's timings, beat the traffic, take the time out, it better be worth it. So if it has average reviews? I will most likely skip it.

But my movie viewing appetite is a lot more than just 10 a year. I can watch plenty of movies/series, which I will do on my laptop or on TV. So that's what I do.

So in conclusion, nothing beats theatre viewing experience, but I still prefer to watch more movies at the comfort of my home.

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Theatres .

Edited by 2RsFan - 3 years ago
AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Aah. Theatres, any day. And this is after I had the ingenious idea to recreate the theatre experience at home😆

The entirety of last year I tried create it from scratch. Got one of those beautiful 4K 78 inch curved led models and the whole marantz home theatre audio system with Dolby atmos. Even got the perfectly coordinated theatre lighting. In all a success! Because of constant travel, it was getting increasingly difficult for me to go to theatres regularly ( something that I love) and more importantly, more than once for movies I had Ioved.  Even when am here all I want to do is laze around at home with friends till the next trip. But in the end it just didn't work for me. Maybe it's the cheese popcorn which I couldn't replicate lol. My ass tried though. But apparently theatres get some special brand of popcorn mix you can't get anywhere 😒 In all, theatre experience is something else. For people who started going out to the theatres really young, it's kinda irreplaceable as an experience. I do wish parents can have a theatre to themselves with their children cause that's honestly such a nuisance in India. Also people who talk loudly on the phone in the middle of the movie. Like shutup or get out or talk.. ðŸ¤¬

Right now though my own home theatre would have made the perfect quarantine theater, the best! But am staying with my family so can't use it. Collecting dust... 😞 

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

I go to theaters only for watching big releases like Star Wars , War , Avengers etc . Other movies I would prefer to watch at the comfort of my home .