Is MKJH really playing with religious sentiments?

Posted: 3 years ago

Yesterday I went to show's twitter tag to discuss about it. I was shocked to see 95% posts were negative saying this show should be banned as its epic and playing with religious sentiments. I am a Hindu myself as my name says and watching Mahabharat from childhood but I take this show as comedy of how a modern world colliding with Hastinapur will look like. Its not that the are involving any Gods like Krishna or they showing this in Ramayan. But whoever tries to explain on twitter is called fake hindu and other names. Is our religion so weak that it will get ruined by a comedy show? How come a fictional comedy show ruin it when we are shown 2 versions of actual Mahabharat on different channels and have a holy book to refer to? They only involved human characters in the show that also the ones who were not regarded as some God. Tagging top politicians and asking for ban is too much. Some even wanting to go to lawyers to get show banned. What you all think about it? 

This show is pure comedic approach. It's simple in its execution, and I don't see why that's being labeled as offensive.

Lekin achha hai, they're getting free ki publicity outta this. πŸ˜†

Originally posted by proteeti

This show is pure comedic approach. It's simple in its execution, and I don't see why that's being labeled as offensive.

Lekin achha hai, they're getting free ki publicity outta this. πŸ˜†

Exactly. It's not that they have gone in Ramayan world. Also it's not they included Krishna or any other God in it. Why can't people watch with open mind? Khud hi twitter tag dekh lo. It's filled with negativities. Since 1 writer is Muslim and another is Christian they got 1 more point to blame them and bringing communal card forgetting that the main makers are Hindus only. Just hope this show completes their entire 50 episodes and not stopped in middle due to these cry babies.

Edited by angel_juhi04 - 3 years ago

Seriously? Offensive? Playing with religious sentiments? These are the same people who will react if someone names their son as Sreeram.

It's a simple comedy show set in a historical time. Heck if this is offensive, then Big Magic should have been banned from showing Akbar Birbal. Films such as Jodhaa Akbar, Mughal-e-Azam, and Padmavaat should never have been filmed.

People have too much free time on their hands. This show is just a comedy. A simple and plain comedy. A situational comedy.

Originally posted by Minionite

Seriously? Offensive? Playing with religious sentiments? These are the same people who will react if someone names their son as Sreeram.

It's a simple comedy show set in a historical time. Heck if this is offensive, then Big Magic should have been banned from showing Akbar Birbal. Films such as Jodhaa Akbar, Mughal-e-Azam, and Padmavaat should never have been filmed.

People have too much free time on their hands. This show is just a comedy. A simple and plain comedy. A situational comedy.

Akbar Birbal was history not fantasy. Same for Padmavat. Tab bhi Padmavat ke time bahot bawaal macha tha. They even edited a scene with Deepika showing belly in Ghoomar dancing by covering it with photoshop. Can you believe it? Nothing like this happened during 80s show Bharat Ek Khoj where she was shown with exposed belly. Indian women wearing revealing clothes were normal. And now same type of people are after a comedy show. They are talking with lawyers? So they have too much free time. I hope they don't end it before completing 50 episodes as planned. Gyaan lene ke liye 2 mahabharat shows aur books enough hai. 1 acchha show chal raha hai lockdown me par logon ko isse bhi problem(DD shows not included here as they are from the past).

Originally posted by angel_juhi04

Akbar Birbal was history not fantasy. Same for Padmavat. Tab bhi Padmavat ke time bahot bawaal macha tha. They even edited a scene with Deepika showing belly in Ghoomar dancing by covering it with photoshop. Can you believe it? Nothing like this happened during 80s show Bharat Ek Khoj where she was shown with exposed belly. Indian women wearing revealing clothes were normal. And now same type of people are after a comedy show. They are talking with lawyers? So they have too much free time. I hope they don't end it before completing 50 episodes as planned. Gyaan lene ke liye 2 mahabharat shows aur books enough hai. 1 acchha show chal raha hai lockdown me par logon ko isse bhi problem(DD shows not included here as they are from the past).

Big Magic's Akbar Birbal was comedy as well. They made Salim into a buffoon and Akbar wasn't much of a maharaja. Heck all the characters were comic. See this (first episode of a show that ran over 500 episodes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txAa76pvbTa4&t=2s

If these people didn't have a problem with this show, then they need to stop wasting their time over a 50-episode finite series.

Big Magic's Akbar Birbal was comedy as well. They made Salim into a buffoon and Akbar wasn't much of a maharaja. Heck all the characters were comic. See this (first episode of a show that ran over 500 episodes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txAa76pvbTa4&t=2s

If these people didn't have a problem with this show, then they need to stop wasting their time over a 50-episode finite series.

Yes I am aware of this show. I did not watched this but watched Haazir Jawab Birbal where all characters were comic. Though that show ended after 40 episodes because all shows wee ending on that channel then and it was getting revamped. And people even getting offended with 'do kaudi ke chor' line in the promo saying how can someone say that in Hastinapur darbar. As if vo uss waqt personally the dekhne ke liye ki kya bola jaata kya aur kya nahiπŸ˜†. 

Originally posted by angel_juhi04

Yes I am aware of this show. I did not watched this but watched Haazir Jawab Birbal where all characters were comic. Though that show ended after 40 episodes because all shows wee ending on that channel then and it was getting revamped. And people even getting offended with 'do kaudi ke chor' line in the promo saying how can someone say that in Hastinapur darbar. As if vo uss waqt personally the dekhne ke liye ki kya bola jaata kya aur kya nahiπŸ˜†. 

Arre uss waqt nothing was "do kaudi" ka. That's only nowadays. Even chors were top notch. πŸ˜†

I personally liked the first season. They had some very regressive writing about women (like women love gossiping and what not), but overall the first season and part of season 2 were top quality episodes. After that it lost its touch and they started repeating stories.

Chatur aur Chalak Birbal aur Virat was my favourite. That had some good substance.

This is sad ya!

We should be thankful to the show to give us such wonderful clean comedy and yahan toh koi question hi nahi hai of hurting sentiments. Baaahhh!

I wouldn't mind even if Krishna is shown as someone funny and witty and a character who helps Sanjay out. 

And the thing is, this is not even a satire on the epic, it's just a situational comedy, as y'all said.

Edited by Mannmohanaa - 3 years ago

Tumne mere muh ki baat cheenli  That was the first argument i had in mind.

Big magic  - Akbar & Joddha bai's romance is fictionalized yet no body is objecting to that 

There's also Jaane bhi so yaaro where Mahabharat was turned into comedy Nobody said anything then In fact this movie is a cult classic.